2019 Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 664 comments
Yeah that's crazy. As you mentioned, at least it wasn't a collision in track.

Edit: A bit of behind the scenes

Last edited:
When is Heimgartner going to have a clean weekend? He's just been completely cursed in the series.
Yeah, that's out of control. Maybe change the car number to 13 for reverse psychology. Jeez.
Edit: https://www.tcraustralia.com/andre-heimgartner-out-of-sunday-race-action-at-qr/

The BTCC returns to Snetterton this weekend; a great start for Dan Cammish as he tops today's first Free Practice session. Top 13 separated by just under a second!

UPDATE 1: Cammish tops FP2, just 0.017 seconds ahead of Plato!

UPDATE 2: Race 1 pole for Tom Ingram and his Corolla, two-thousandths up on Cammish! Championship leader Colin Turkington starts from 5th.
I've missed alot. At least now I can catch up from past races, posted by Auto Sport on YouTube.

Hectic start TCR Europe

Last edited:
Edit: Pretty good race. For a minute there, I thought Aaron Cameron was using a DS4. :lol:

Didn't get the opportunity to watch either of the races. Spoiled the results for myself checking Speedcafe just now. The championship battle is really heating up.

Flawless victory for Ingram in today's first BTCC race. Cammish and Tordoff round off the podium.

UPDATE 1: Despite a valiant defence from Ingram in the first half, Colin Turkington prevails in Race 2, securing WSR's tenth win of the season so far ahead of Cammish and Jordan. Ingram drops down to 23rd with throttle issues, while 8th-placed Chris Smiley secures reverse-grid pole for Race 3.

UPDATE 2: After a thrilling and at times turbulent Race 3, AMD's Rory Butcher snatches victory with an ambitious move on long-time leaders Jason Plato and Ash Sutton at Brundle's. Contact between Plato and Sutton sees the BMR Subaru tapped into a spin, while the BTC Hondas of Josh Cook and pole-sitter Smiley fill out the podium.

UPDATE 3: Post-race 3 penalties for Plato and Ingram; Plato receives 15 seconds for contact with Smiley and Sutton earlier in the race, demoting him to 17th, while Ingram receives 6.7 seconds for passing under yellows. As a result of Plato's penalty, Motorbase's Ollie Jackson is promoted to 7th ahead of Ingram, though Ingram keeps his original 8th place finish.

Last edited:
Catching up on BTCC. MArk Blundell and MAtt Nealstill racing? That say something about the series and WTCR/TCR as well. Having the older drivers still racing and competitive. Ingall, Tarquini, Plato all these racers. It's a good thing.

Latest Posts

Back