2019 Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 664 comments
I don’t know why WSR kept them out on wets, they finished out of the points anyway so they wouldn’t have lost anything pitting and going for slicks.

Last edited:
I don’t know why WSR kept them out on wets, they finished out of the points anyway so they wouldn’t have lost anything pitting and going for slicks.

Fingers crossed they don't make any duff calls in the drizzle for race 2.

edit: Boom. :D

Also, Ash "Salty" Sutton... I don't like that guy.

Last edited:
Is that an official channel? If not, I fear that'll only stay up for a few days at best. Better have backups.

Is that an official channel? If not, I fear that'll only stay up for a few days at best. Better have backups.
As posted above, an official BTCC recap may come out end of this week. This was the first one I saw pop up.

Just bought my tickets for the SMP opener. gAll tickets General Admission: $40 for the weekend, $20 each day, at the Gate: $20/Sat; $30/Sun.

GA is good. Usual spot over the pits with cover. 👍

I was pretty sceptical about TCR here in Aus when talks first began, but I’m pretty pumped for it to begin now. I was worried that’d be a bit like Aus GT, with it being full of gentleman drivers, but we’re looking a quite a decent driver line up right now. Nice mix of younger up and comers, and experienced drivers.

I do still worry slightly about it popularity though. A lot of typical Supercars fans will shun anything that doesn’t have a big roaring V8, and a lot of very causal or non fans won’t really care about watching ‘everyday’ cars like Hyundai’s and Honda’s. I feel like the racing will need to be quite a crash ‘em and bash ‘em BTCC sort of style to bring in those who aren’t already fans.

The Supercars teams are whats going to make this series. without them in, I think it would be a dud. GRM and KR investing in it, will more than likely bring in VASC fans as well. Short schedule and those venues will be a breathe of fresh air. No doubt the fans of NAtionals will be in. I think it needs to be billed with TCM and Historic TC as well. GT4 should have gotten more support. That's a category that could have been bigger as a stand alone series.

The billing for this first race:
http://www.thenationals.com.au/be-part-of-history-in-sydney/
Regular categories in the Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge Australia, Radical Australia Cup and the Australian Prototype Series will also be on show in Sydney in what is expected to be an exciting and competitive round of racing.

Fresh from its opening round at the Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019, the CAMS PAYCE Australian Formula 4 Championship returns to the Nationals for an epic double round fixture.

Throughout the weekend, the championship will hold one round on both Saturday and Sunday with six races occurring across the weekend.

The Shannons Nationals will also welcome back the Veloce Racing Association for the third consecutive year after the category produced some brilliant outings in previous years.

It's a shame that S5000 has been delayed for so long. The Nationals was looking to be great this year for us here in South Oz with TCR, S5000, Australian GT Endurance, and Sports Sedans (LMP3 Cup has been pushed back to 2020 :indiff:). It's still a pretty good line up (without S5000) and the addition of the top tier teams in TCR is definitely a big plus... now release the rest of the driver lineup already.

Yeah, they need to hurry up with that. :sly:

I think Rullo may be in one of the KR cars. SO, let's say Rullo in an Opel and Molly Taylor in a Subaru. That'd leave two drivers. Wouldn't be surprised if Simona(unless she keeps travelling to Europe for FE) got a seat in the other Subaru and Andre steered the other Opel. Jacobson probably needs to concentrate on the Altima.

Yeah, they need to hurry up with that. :sly:

I think Rullo may be in one of the KR cars. SO, let's say Rullo in an Opel and Molly Taylor in a Subaru. That'd leave two drivers. Wouldn't be surprised if Simona(unless she keeps travelling to Europe for FE) got a seat in the other Subaru and Andre steered the other Opel. Jacobson probably needs to concentrate on the Altima.
Isn't Rullo supposedly in line for JLB's seat? So Rullo or JLB in the Opel then??? :boggled:, and yeah, Molly Taylor would be a great fit for the Subaru seat 👍.

Edit: Only two more??? I've got 16 cars entered, With four confirmed drivers (Bright, D'Alberto, Pither and Vernon), two maybes (Wall and Taylor) and three speculations (*Rullo, Simona and Andre). So who am I missing?

* or JLB :sly:

Last edited:
Isn't Rullo supposedly in line for JLB's seat? So Rullo or JLB in the Opel then??? :boggled:, and yeah, Molly Taylor would be a great fit for the Subaru seat 👍.

Edit: Only two more??? I've got 16 cars entered, With four confirmed drivers (Bright, D'Alberto, Pither and Vernon), two maybes (Wall and Taylor) and three speculations (*Rullo, Simona and Andre). So who am I missing?

* or JLB :sly:
Even if Rullo gets the Holden INsignia seat, it's not a conflict if he drives a Holden Astra. ;)

"two drivers" for KR.

I'm all for JLB leaving Tekno. Just cut him off. Pay him, if that's in his contract. He's not going to improve due the car's lack of performance.

Yeah, sucks. I have no idea who they'll run in the cars. Todd mentioned David Russell is busy with GT cars. Jack Perkins, Chelsea Angelo perhaps? Could be four lucky young(Lions) drivers getting the call. Who knows?

Edit
57353048_465459980659083_603069900063244288_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back