2021 F1 Driver ThreadFormula 1 

When Steiner says "the points have to come at some point", is he saying "Mick needs to start getting some points, or else", or is he saying "Mick's had bad luck but he's good enough that it's inevitable that the points will start coming"?

Still, the bad-take barrel hasn't quite been scraped through yet. Imagine holding up Horner (and his boss Marko) as an example of how to correctly manage drivers when they routinely offer zero support for their second driver and excuse away disqualifiable behaviour from their first.
Everyone has their own views of the situation but putting myself in the shoes of an F1 driver I would far rather work under Horner who acts like the CEO of a corporation making dispassionate statements than under Steiner who always wears his anger, frustration, and consternation on his sleeve.

Everyone has their own views of the situation but putting myself in the shoes of an F1 driver I would far rather work under Horner who acts like the CEO of a corporation making dispassionate statements than under Steiner who always wears his anger, frustration, and consternation on his sleeve.
Then Mick should have held out for a contract with Red Bull instead of signing with Ferrari academy. He needs to score some points this year (not a lot, but some) in order to be eligible to be promoted from Haas.

Then Mick should have held out for a contract with Red Bull instead of signing with Ferrari academy. He needs to score some points this year (not a lot, but some) in order to be eligible to be promoted from Haas.
I absolutely agree Mick is underperforming I just don't like Steiner's "leadership" style. I'm not even a fan of Mick's or anything. I'm not really a fan of any driver per say. I'm a fan of whichever drivers put up the best performance on any given weekend pushing their car to 101% of it's limits and getting away with it.

When Steiner says "the points have to come at some point", is he saying "Mick needs to start getting some points, or else", or is he saying "Mick's had bad luck but he's good enough that it's inevitable that the points will start coming"?

Still, the bad-take barrel hasn't quite been scraped through yet. Imagine holding up Horner (and his boss Marko) as an example of how to correctly manage drivers when they routinely offer zero support for their second driver and excuse away disqualifiable behaviour from their first.
In my opinion it's the later. I think Steiner sees that Mick is doing a good enough job to get some points and eventually this year his luck and decision making will get better and he will score.

I think it's optimism instead of an ultimatum.

Last edited:
What Netflix shows is scripted reality, edited for entertainment instead of information.
The facts and clear animosity and directionless path within the team are verifiable and obvious from other sources as well. All the Netflix show did was give the inside view of what you could easily see from the outside.

Just to recap, then.
You also need positivity and encouragement in addition to the right skills and equipment.
Look at the way Horner talked about his drivers and you'll see the difference.
Horner fired a driver in the middle of the season but his criticisms were far more professional and businesslike

Horner on Albon.
“It’s very much a Red Bull seat, or a year on the bench. So the focus is on giving him that opportunity,”
Horner on Gasly before demoting him a week later & after on Netflix.
But we are sticking behind him, we still believe in him
From a team point of view, there’s been no-one pushing internally to say: ‘We’ve got to have Pierre back.'

I already disproved all this nonsense and you conveniently ignored it because I sank this silly argument.

Last edited:
no.gif

The facts and clear animosity and directionless path within the team are verifiable and obvious from other sources as well.
Then you'll have no problem providing evidence of this, as well as evidence that Haas' struggles over the last year were solely down to Steiner, right?
All the Netflix show did was give the inside view of what you could easily see from the outside.
Yes, because DtS isn't known for embellishing, not at all...

Just to recap, then.

Horner on Albon.

Horner on Gasly before demoting him a week later & after on Netflix.

I already disproved all this nonsense and you conveniently ignored it because I sank this silly argument.

That's not disproving what I said it's only reinforcing it. He publicly supported Gasly even though he was on the verge of losing his seat. Albon he wasn't that supportive but Albon was doing so poorly it was beyond the point he could even feign that support and he delivered the harsh truth in a dispassionate businesslike manner.

That's not disproving what I said it's only reinforcing it.
Nope. It actually falls in line with the exact same statement Steiner gave that you took issue with.
He publicly supported Gasly even though he was on the verge of losing his seat.
Nope. He said they would commit with Gasly towards the end of the season & then dropped him a week later. Then (since you have fought in defense of Netflix), he mocked Gasly by saying, "No one here is saying bring him back".
Albon he wasn't that supportive but Albon was doing so poorly it was beyond the point he could even feign that support and he delivered the harsh truth
Oh, so we acknowledge there is a point a driver has to actually deliver which is what Steiner said.

Nope. It actually falls in line with the exact same statement Steiner gave that you took issue with.

Nope. He said they would commit with Gasly towards the end of the season & then dropped him a week later. Then (since you have fought in defense of Netflix), he mocked Gasly by saying, "No one here is saying bring him back".

Oh, so we acknowledge there is a point a driver has to actually deliver which is what Steiner said.
Mick is nowhere near that point. The end of Albons RB Career was an absolute train wreck.

Back