2021 F1 Driver ThreadFormula 1 

Then why do you refuse to condemn them?
We don't understand each other about the condemn term. I agree that he deserves some sort of punishments for his actions, but they should considered separately, not in that 'claim him public enemy' reddit post which reminds me Soviet part history of my country.

Equating 1 driver committing sexual assault to another driver making an anti-vaxx post? Yikes....

Anti-vaxxing post for 21M followers can be deadly serious for thousands of people, do you understand it?

Anti-vaxxing post for 21M followers can be deadly serious for thousands of people, do you understand it?
Nah, what you don't understand is that it's a false equivalency. The vast majority of Hamilton's fans already know better than to head into the anti-vaxx rabbit hole, hence why he immediately got backlash for it. Secondly, Hamilton apologized & clarified his intentions weren't to spread anti-vaxx messages, but to bring awareness to how quickly the vaccines were being developed & funded. Whilst a bit of a questionable approach still, at the time, it was a legitimate concern for millions of people because vaccines are never produced this quickly. With so much misinformation about the virus, it only heightened concerns about the treatment.

Or to put it more bluntly, sharing an anti-vaxx message will likely never force the FIA to ban a driver from its sport. Sexual assault however, is surely a quick way to do so.

Last edited:
We don't understand each other about the condemn term. I agree that he deserves some sort of punishments for his actions, but they should considered separately, not in that 'claim him public enemy' reddit post which reminds me Soviet part history of my country.
Strawman and a retcon, I’m simply asking if you condemn his actions, not throw him in a damn gulag.

Hell I even did it with two drivers myself, yet you are still unable to condemn a single driver actions.

That says far more about you than anyone else

Strawman and a retcon, I’m simply asking if you condemn his actions, not throw him in a damn gulag.

Hell I even did it with two drivers myself, yet you are still unable to condemn a single driver actions.

That says far more about you than anyone else

What you mean by condemn? I wrote three times that his behaviour is unacceptable. What medieval ritual I need to do also?

Last edited by a moderator:
What you mean by condemn? I wrote three times that his behaviour is unacceptable. What medieval ritual I need to do also?
I asked you if you condemned his actions and you said no, it’s really not difficult to understand, also please don’t try and bypass the swear filter again.

Last edited:
I asked you if you condemned his actions and you said no, it’s really not difficult to understand, also please don’t try and bypass the swear filter again.

Please quote that my comment.

Do you condemn Hamilton for anti-vaxxing post and Verstappen for racist comments?

Last edited:
I just cannot believe we have drivers like Perez and Hulkenberg out, and Ilott and Nyck de Vries doesn't even get a chance. F1 should make it a requirement that the top 5 drivers in the end of year classification should have a seat (should they wish to continue), and the top 2 F2 drivers have at least a chance to drive in one GP weekend. There should be a trust fund of some sort to bankroll these drivers if they cannot bring enough sponsor to satisfy the teams' needs.

Finance wise, Haas might not even get a return if this guy doesn't learn. Think of all the bodywork damage, lost points potential and PR damage that could result. I have a feeling, they won't end the season with the same pairing as they started ;)

Last edited:
I just cannot believe we have drivers like Perez and Hulkenberg out, and Ilott and Nyck de Vries doesn't even get a chance. F1 should make it a requirement that the top 5 drivers in the end of year classification should have a seat (should they wish to continue), and the top 2 F2 drivers have at least a chance to drive in one GP weekend. There should be a trust fund of some sort to bankroll these drivers if they cannot bring enough sponsor to satisfy the teams' needs.

Finance wise, Haas might not even get a return if this guy doesn't learn. Think of all the bodywork damage, lost points potential and PR damage that could result. I have a feeling, they won't end the season with the same pairing as they started ;)
I couldn't agree with that rule unless drivers have limitations on how long they are in F2, and with only 20 car grids your very likely taking away some drivers that will be better then those 5 drivers, each season of F2 isn't equal in talent.

I couldn't agree with that rule unless drivers have limitations on how long they are in F2, and with only 20 car grids your very likely taking away some drivers that will be better then those 5 drivers, each season of F2 isn't equal in talent.

I mean the top 5 in F1 classification (so this year Perez is guaranteed to stay, whereas Albon doesn't). I agree F2 is difficult because of how fluid the grid is year by year. Maybe top 2 get automatic graduation, but only if they have not raced longer than 2 years in F2 (so Latifi wouldn't be eligible, for example).

I mean the top 5 in F1 classification (so this year Perez is guaranteed to stay, whereas Albon doesn't). I agree F2 is difficult because of how fluid the grid is year by year. Maybe top 2 get automatic graduation, but only if they have not raced longer than 2 years in F2 (so Latifi wouldn't be eligible, for example).
F1 isn't anywhere close to equal enough with the cars to work out a true 5 best drivers.

F2 you could say similar but it's still a spec series so a driver has much more importance to the result, I don't think much can be done unless there is more cars on the grid tbh, 20 cars is just too low of a number considering the good drivers will stay for 10 years or so.

I mean the top 5 in F1 classification (so this year Perez is guaranteed to stay, whereas Albon doesn't).

Who pays for that? How do drivers pay for their early careers when sponsors dwindle after finding that their drivers are eventually forced into cars alongside drivers with rival sponsors? Those little stickers cause a lot of trouble even now.

Who pays for that? How do drivers pay for their early careers when sponsors dwindle after finding that their drivers are eventually forced into cars alongside drivers with rival sponsors? Those little stickers cause a lot of trouble even now.
That would also have meant Schumacher would NOT have been around when he was DSQ in the late 90s. Relegation and promotion don't really work too well in auto racing.

Entries have been published for 2021, only Red Bull and Alpha Tauri have a spare seat. Hamilton has been named as one of the Mercedes AMG drivers, clearly they're hopeful of getting a contract in place.

2021entries.jpg

Fabregas is also reporting that a deal is very very close, he's normally quite a good source. Still, as Muzza always said, F1 is IF backwards. Anything can happen and it usually does.

EDIT: Fabrega. I'm sure Fabregas is a splendid chap but I have no idea of the quality of his F1 rumours.

Last edited:
Apparently Daniil Kvyat has confirmed in the press pen after the Abu Dhabi GP that Yuki Tsunoda is replacing him.

Last edited:
Hamilton has been named as one of the Mercedes AMG drivers, clearly they're hopeful of getting a contract in place.
According to Hamilton himself, hopefully it'll be settled by Christmas. It's been pretty standard for him to wait until the post season to really finalize contract details though, hasn't it? At least that's how I remember it going ever since Bottas came in.

Last edited:
Apparently Daniil Kvyat has confirmed in the press pen after the Abu Dhabi GP that Yuki Tsunoda is replacing him.
By the end of the season, Kvyat was regularly qualifying well and getting points. I don't know where he will be going, but I think someone will be getting a, by now, good driver.

By the end of the season, Kvyat was regularly qualifying well and getting points. I don't know where he will be going, but I think someone will be getting a, by now, good driver.
He won't be going anywhere in F1 unless a new team is joining.

Back