A new game update is coming 20.6.2018

Well, I gave it a go, and did notice some small changes to the tire model.

Using the McLaren 650s GT3, standing still launches are now more controllable. Not quite AC level of manageability, but DEFINITELY more controllable. Also, the rear feels more rubbery, at least as far as I can tell from the feedback I'm getting from the T-GT. Selected Lexus as a manufacturer and went on the fist Suzuka Manufacturer race (was horrible, I always used the RS01, but wanted something different - this car has much less downforce and I was totally unprepared for how it handles the esses) and I could tell right away that when pushin the car hard through the esses, there's more feel to the tire deformation and the loss of grip is definitely a bit more progressive and not so abrupt.

This was further confirmed after I gave Suzuka and Bathrurst a go with the Renault RS01. Up until now, I had to go EXTREMELY slow with this car in the hairpin corners in order to not weirdly spin out due to inertia (when entering the corner, with 0 throttle input). Now, especially on the Suzuka hairpin, it's definitely stable and could not replicate that stupid inertial spin where the wheels just lost all traction and the car would spin 90 degrees for no good reason (the 650s for example didn't experience this behavior).

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what i was told.
This really needs to come in another update, because anything to make the game feel more realistic to play is much appreciated.

Please tell me that pop up with the video doesn't appear each time you launch the game now? I don't want to watch it and I don't like my browser being forced to open when I press "OK" to dismiss the notification. If I wanted to watch it I'd press the huge play button on the video. :banghead:

Well, I gave it a go, and did notice some small changes to the tire model.

Using the McLaren 650s GT3, standing still launches are now more controllable. Not quite AC level of manageability, but DEFINITELY more controllable. Also, the rear feels more rubbery, at least as far as I can tell from the feedback I'm getting from the T-GT. Selected Lexus as a manufacturer and went on the fist Suzuka Manufacturer race (was horrible, I always used the RS01, but wanted something different - this car has much less downforce and I was totally unprepared for how it handles the esses) and I could tell right away that when pushin the car hard through the esses, there's more feel to the tire deformation and the loss of grip is definitely a bit more progressive and not so abrupt.

This was further confirmed after I gave Suzuka and Bathrurst a go with the Renault RS01. Up until now, I had to go EXTREMELY slow with this car in the hairpin corners in order to not weirdly spin out due to inertia (when entering the corner, with 0 throttle input). Now, especially on the Suzuka hairpin, it's definitely stable and could not replicate that stupid inertial spin where the wheels just lost all traction and the car would spin 90 degrees for no good reason (the 650s for example didn't experience this behavior).
placebo

Did anyone else have a problem before this update where the view you use whether it be bumper, hood/roof, cockpit, etc. during a race would be on a different view on the next race?

It seems this may have been addressed, at least for me, where the view I used for a race, stayed that view for the next race.

I love this community sometimes

How is that not bad?

GTS is a bad programmed game, PD enables its players to do restricted actions during maintenance but denies those very same players the option to reconnect to GTS servers as soon as the maintenance is over...

Gotta love the sarcasm of your contentless reply. :facepalm:

Have you guys got ant problems with the appearance of your R8s? Since the update they fixed the steering wheel but now the liveries are messed up! I'm gonna upload a photo tomorrow but i was racing in a lobby & both mine & another guys R8 were messed up! The roof was white, the body was dark like chrome & the bonnet was the only part that had the correct colour on it..

Have you guys got ant problems with the appearance of your R8s? Since the update they fixed the steering wheel but now the liveries are messed up! I'm gonna upload a photo tomorrow but i was racing in a lobby & both mine & another guys R8 were messed up! The roof was white, the body was dark like chrome & the bonnet was the only part that had the correct colour on it..
On different cars, I've seen my liveries loading at the start of Daily Race replays. It does take some power to render liveries online.

On different cars, I've seen my liveries loading at the start of Daily Race replays. It does take some power to render liveries online.
I know but that is different cause it's not like my livery is not loading cause what i'm seeing is not my stock or base paint but is bugged, i'll post a photo tomorrow, i've never seen that before!

How is that not bad?

GTS is a bad programmed game, PD enables its players to do restricted actions during maintenance but denies those very same players the option to reconnect to GTS servers as soon as the maintenance is over...

Gotta love the sarcasm of your contentless reply. :facepalm:
I'm not understanding what you're getting at over here.

All I'm seeing is that you're being really impatient about these things. Take it easy.

Nice, they fixed the R8 V8 cockpit. Shame they broke its painting possibilities, though. All the different color patterns I made for it end like this: just hood, mirrors and rear spoiler got colors.

The colors are OK in the garage and load screens. But on replays and menus, it looks like this.

XqgiPIG.jpg

After the 1.20 update you need to reapply the same livery to a car so that it appears properly again. It my look fine initially in the garage but the car appears prior to the race in the load screen without the livery. If you reapply that same livery all will be sorted.

CJ

All I'm seeing is that you're being really impatient about these things. Take it easy.
I'm not sure you're understanding what happenned to @Amaru. The same thing happened to me and it was an unfortunate occurrence more so than us being impatient. It was an issue where some of us had updated, then continued playing when the maintenance started, but after the period had ended we couldn't reconnect to the network. The only solution for us was to exit the game, restart, and lose all that we'd done over the duration of the maintenance. This caused me to lose over 1million credits and a great deal of milage points.

It didn't happen to everyone, it's just some of us were unlucky with this random issue. For me it wasn't a big deal as I was just killing some time, but I can understand why others that lost a great deal of progress (prize cars, credits, mileage points) would be less than happy.

Last edited:
Nice, they fixed the R8 V8 cockpit. Shame they broke its painting possibilities, though. All the different color patterns I made for it end like this: just hood, mirrors and rear spoiler got colors.

The colors are OK in the garage and load screens. But on replays and menus, it looks like this.

XqgiPIG.jpg
Yep :( i wanted to upload a photo but you did thanks! That sucks..why can't they test something before releasing an update :(

After the 1.20 update you need to reapply the same livery to a car so that it appears properly again. It my look fine initially in the garage but the car appears prior to the race in the load screen without the livery. If you reapply that same livery all will be sorted.

CJ
Well, it must be something on my console then, because I tried reapplying the livery at least 10 times and the problem persisted. I even created a brand new livery with the same shade of blue and had no luck.

But then, something happened: I made a livery in red and it worked... now I'm completely dumbfounded.

I'm not sure you're understanding what happenned to @Amaru. The same thing happened to me and it was an unfortunate occurrence more so than us being impatient. It was an issue where some of us had updated, then continued playing when the maintenance started, but after the period had ended we couldn't reconnect to the network. The only solution for us was to exit the game, restart, and lose all that we'd done over the duration of the maintenance. This caused me to lose over 1million credits and a great deal of milage points.

It didn't happen to everyone, it's just some of us were unlucky with this random issue. For me it wasn't a big deal as I was just killing some time, but I can understand why others that lost a great deal of progress (prize cars, credits, mileage points) would be less than happy.
Huh, my game was going A-OK, so I suppose it didn't happen to me at all, so I suppose I understand where you're coming from with this, apologies for coming off rudely brash if it did come out that way.

Is it just me or does the game now change up a gear when you press X to resume from the pause menu? It's so frustrating! It does it every single time in GT League for me

Huh, my game was going A-OK, so I suppose it didn't happen to me at all, so I suppose I understand where you're coming from with this, apologies for coming off rudely brash if it did come out that way.
All good, it's very hard to tell what's going on when it only happens to few of us :cheers:. I only noticed because others had said they were playing again. If you go back to posts 183 to190 (edit: page 7) in this thread you'll see where I posed the question and received the answers I needed to get back online.:)

Last edited:
Maybe the Labour Party have "Hacked" GT Sport & want everyone in RED Liveries and not Tory/Conservative BLUE !! :lol:

Time to complain a bit more about the Audi R8... something new is happening. It's a minor detail, but shows the inconsistency of PD. The car has the wheel center caps painted in the same color as the wheels themselves, but in the garage's initial screen and on replays, the cap is showing in dark grey.

Jeez, call me a whiner but it's really frustrating. Before, it was the steering only. Now, it's various little things in the painting scheme of the car. Damn!

Is it just me or does the game now change up a gear when you press X to resume from the pause menu? It's so frustrating! It does it every single time in GT League for me
Was always like this. I have the buttons changed now, so my alarm lights go on when I exit the menu. Wanted the view-change there but that was kind of awkward just like the gear change when you exit the menu.

I play with SW btw so thats why the X button is not so important for me during the race and thus assigned a not so important feature to that button. Although in a race session you never want to go to any menu ;)

Still bad programming ...

Huh? I wasn't getting impatient at all, I found it hilarious from a network administrators POV, that I couldn't save while the network was up&running while my software was up-to-date.

I don't think I replied in a harsch way, if I did: apologies mate.

This is exactly what happened :)

After doing the update, restarted GTS and played 10hrs straight.

It was pretty frustrating when I found out I couldn't reconnect while half my friends list was playing online and I had to reboot my game just to be able to connect (as a network administrator this made no sense whatsoever...).

Amaru

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back