A new game update is coming 20.6.2018

I did a quick race and I think he meant the marbles that come up when you go off in the sand. They kick up more.

Cockpit camera is much closer to dashboard now, FOV or default driver position is changed.
This is great news, because it was way too far before.
FOV is vastly different for different cars. Look at Toyota TS030 vs TS050 for example. While it seems more realistic for the TS030, you can barely see the apexes in it and the TS050 is easier to drive.
Which cars was it changed for? All of them? And does it mean you can't see the mirrors any more?

I hope they spent all those extra hours freshening up the servers or something to prevent getting disconnected during sport mode. This is a possibility with the FIA season starting. Maybe they also installed virtual stewards on all tracks to determine who was at fault during racing incidents. :lol: Yeah, also hoping for a penalty fix as I get tired of picking up penalties for people running into me.

GG PD for quickly addressing the issue with the Audi R8 (even if others are still unnoticed after months).
Anyway, I thought they were going to address the non-working left displays* on the R92CP or making the center instruments** a bit more visible (most of the times you can't see anything), instead of just correcting its seat position. Oh well.

20121020_231891.png

20121020_231890.jpg

Edit: For reference:

Le Mans, Dawn, stock in-game exposure:

PKXAvim.jpg

Le Mans, Dawn, max in-game exposure:

zGopyvE.jpg

It'd be nice if they could increase the exposure just for cockpit view.

Last edited:
Is that maintenance still busy?!

"Failed to reconnect to the network" ...

Edit: PD should make it impossible to start up GTS while maintenance is busy. Why? I finished the entire driving school and all the missions on a 2nd account while waiting for the maintenance to finish... I've been trying to reconnect for the last 5hrs, nothing. So I finally decide to restart the game and throw away 2.5million credits I gathered today a long with about 20cars...

I restart the game and poof I'm instantly connected to the GTS network (yes the patch was installed prior to starting driving school and missions).

GTS is one bad joke.

Last edited:
In the FIA Race today, I noticed that the 'Please refuel your car' line appeared later than it usually does, I think?

It appeared when I had 0.6 Laps, when I've seen it before at about 1.2 Laps before

So I think that is an undocumented change, and a good one, unless I am imagining things.

It's not called Gran Turismo FIA, it's called Gran Turismo Sport. The majority of Sport players won't enter the FIA races, myself included. And considering I've platinum trophied this game, Sport Mode absolutely is for me, so I object to your comment sir.

Although I think we all could have done without his comment...

I wasn't trying to offend you or anything,it's fine if you don't like the direction the game is going,sorry if my comment came across as agressive

Does Kaz like to dance?

The Real Dancing Simulator

VI5Wnom.gif

Last edited:
Anyone else disappointed that La Sarthe does not have an official night time selection? It’s got 22:00pm but it’s more like border line night it’s still sunset. The 24 hour Nurburgring has 22:30pm and that’s completely night. How can 10pm to 10:30pm make such a difference to sunset to night. Surely France at 10pm is completely dark by then lol. And a 4:30am dawn where it’s still dark but getting lighter would be awesome.

Anyone else disappointed that La Sarthe does not have an official night time selection? It’s got 22:00pm but it’s more like border line night it’s still sunset. The 24 hour Nurburgring has 22:30pm and that’s completely night. How can 10pm to 10:30pm make such a difference to sunset to night. Surely France at 10pm is completely dark by then lol. And a 4:30am dawn where it’s still dark but getting lighter would be awesome.

Not true - is is 9:50pm in UK at the moment (10:50pm French time) and still light - just walked back from village pub in the light no probs.

Nurburgring being earlier in the year makes a difference. Le Mans is scheduled to one weekend either side of the longest day.

CJ

I still don't know why my driver suit is white /w/ Dutch flags, and why my profile pic is missing. Will actually starting up the game fix this? Does it indicate anything more dire, like lost cars or something?

EDIT: Ignore this post. It appears the answer to that first question is yes.

Last edited:
Ah, they have been tweaking the track debris a bit in recent updates to make it more realistic.
That's true. I think it was Suzuka in the Manufacturer's Series. I used roof cam and looked back after the final chicane. Kindv of weirs to still see rocks following my car after the right hand bend at the part where it straightens.

I still don't know why my driver suit is white /w/ Dutch flags, and why my profile pic is missing. Will actually starting up the game fix this? Does it indicate anything more dire, like lost cars or something?

EDIT: Ignore this post. It appears the answer to that first question is yes.

Thanks for this, been at work all day worrying that my save is corrupted or something.

Is that maintenance still busy?!

"Failed to reconnect to the network" ...

Edit: PD should make it impossible to start up GTS while maintenance is busy. Why? I finished the entire driving school and all the missions on a 2nd account while waiting for the maintenance to finish... I've been trying to reconnect for the last 5hrs, nothing. So I finally decide to restart the game and throw away 2.5million credits I gathered today a long with about 20cars...

I restart the game and poof I'm instantly connected to the GTS network (yes the patch was installed prior to starting driving school and missions).

GTS is one bad joke.
I love this community sometimes

In the FIA Race today, I noticed that the 'Please refuel your car' line appeared later than it usually does, I think?

It appeared when I had 0.6 Laps, when I've seen it before at about 1.2 Laps before

So I think that is an undocumented change, and a good one, unless I am imagining things.

The warning comes when your fuel is critical and there is a chance determined that you may run out of fuel before you can reach the pits. If you had the warning flash just before the race ended as you had 0.6 laps, then it just means you've allowed the fuel to reach critical before the very end of the race.

Thought I'd pop into the game and try some Sport mode. Ehh that wasn't much fun. No surprise, being pretty rusty and all (haven't really played since like Dec or something) I was a ways off the pace. Was still having some fun in the first race. I see the Megane Gr4 is what all the cool kids are driving..

But it seems like penalties are worse than when I used to play. I got 5 seconds for nudging the back of a penalty dude as he was ghosting on/off on the racing line and the guy in front of me went right through him.. At that point I said F it and who cares. Then it just snowballs more and more. I just drove until it DQ'd me. Super dumb. 5 second penalty in a four lap race might as well be game over anyway.

I thought the system wasn't too bad back then. Guess everyone's whining made it worse. That race kinda killed any interest in playing this more. And what was the point of changing S to A+? Or does S still exist?

Last edited:
Back