A new update is coming 2018/09/26

This just happened.
DoOZLmDU4AICy8e

Tuned it to 2008 Carrera Cup spec. Unbelievable! Used it in the premium Sports race. It's overkill with RM tyres. Yet, feels like the races I've watched on YouTube. Such an incredible package with spec gearing and suspension. Weight can only be lowered to 1195kg. Still, a great car.
Very nice. The Cup Car is something I feel would have been a more worthwhile addition to the roster.

Any chance you would share your set-up?

Same for me here, I had a lot of fun with both new porsche yesterday (in VR + wheel, no ABS/TCS... :)) Moreover, I discovered that you can load the ghost of another car in VR time trial, it's a great feature so .... on Fuji I was in 1:59 with the '08, and average 2.01-2.03 with the '01. It was a lot of fun to try to catch the 08 with the 01 model :

The driving difference between the two models is impressive. The 08 is more powerfull and has better acceleration, but I find the 01 is a lot more fun to drive and I find it's easier to take corners (maybe because it's slower)

How do you load the ghost from another car in VR time trail?
Sounds like a nice challenge!

Easy. the GT40 we have is the road going homologation car. The 250 GTO is a race car. N Class is for road cars only

That's what I exactly do not get. Two cars built around the same era for the the same purposes but PD decides to put a road version for one manufacturer and a race car version for the other.

alp
That's what I exactly do not get. Two cars built around the same era for the the same purposes but PD decides to put a road version for one manufacturer and a race car version for the other.
I'm always with the idea that they should release the road + race version together at this point.

Loving the addition of Fuji to this game. On VR it is absolutely stunning at dawn (think it's 6am). You get a real sense of the atmosphere at Fuji with the sun peaking over the mountains. There's almost a kind of haze surrounding the mountains. Even with the lower resolution of VR, it just looks incredible.

Also, love the Plymouth XNR. Took it for a spin around Fuji in VR and it blew me away.

Don't think it's worth 1,000,000 credits, but can't complain too much, was still joy - particularly with a Batman livery on it :lol:

I have no objection to "slow" cars, or even slow "classic" cars.

I've played GT enough to know it has variety among its vehicle list.

The point I was trying to make was this is supposed to be a game, something fun, and while I've had great, if not some of the best, races in slower cars over the years, I also want to see those cars that I'll never get to drive in real life because they are millions of pounds of bleeding edge tech.

I said in my comment there's room for the older cars, the classics, but to keep adding them at the expense of really exotic super beasts just doesn't make sense to me.

I personally think the update should go like this on a bi-monthly basis;

One month sees:

A real world track (Spa, Silverstone, Watkins Glen etc...)
2 classic cars (pre 1980 for argument sake)
4 Gr.3/Gr.4 (introduce new manufactures if possible)
2 Hyper(Super)Car/Open Wheel (Indy car, f1 from 1960 to 2010)/VisionGT

Following month sees:

A fictional GT circuit (take your pick)
2 classic cars (pre 1980)
4 Gr.3/Gr.4 (new manufactures if possible)
2 Hyper(Super)Car/Open Wheel (same as above)/Vision GT

GT Sport is nearly a year old, and with console games like Driveclub, Project Cars 1 and 2, A.C, Forza 7, f1:2018, not to mention the plethora of titles available on p.c, it needs to do more that just happily coast along releasing one circuit a month...which still leaves it with the least circuits and cars of any of the major titles I mentioned.

I want GT Sport to continue to grow, but if they think, really think, releasing this amount of content is enough...then I guess they we'll see what the market says.

I have no objection to "slow" cars, or even slow "classic" cars.

I've played GT enough to know it has variety among its vehicle list.

The point I was trying to make was this is supposed to be a game, something fun, and while I've had great, if not some of the best, races in slower cars over the years, I also want to see those cars that I'll never get to drive in real life because they are millions of pounds of bleeding edge tech.

I said in my comment there's room for the older cars, the classics, but to keep adding them at the expense of really exotic super beasts just doesn't make sense to me.

I personally think the update should go like this on a bi-monthly basis;

One month sees:

A real world track (Spa, Silverstone, Watkins Glen etc...)
2 classic cars (pre 1980 for argument sake)
4 Gr.3/Gr.4 (introduce new manufactures if possible)
2 Hyper(Super)Car/Open Wheel (Indy car, f1 from 1960 to 2010)/VisionGT

Following month sees:

A fictional GT circuit (take your pick)
2 classic cars (pre 1980)
4 Gr.3/Gr.4 (new manufactures if possible)
2 Hyper(Super)Car/Open Wheel (same as above)/Vision GT

GT Sport is nearly a year old, and with console games like Driveclub, Project Cars 1 and 2, A.C, Forza 7, f1:2018, not to mention the plethora of titles available on p.c, it needs to do more that just happily coast along releasing one circuit a month...which still leaves it with the least circuits and cars of any of the major titles I mentioned.

I want GT Sport to continue to grow, but if they think, really think, releasing this amount of content is enough...then I guess they we'll see what the market says.
So... How much free content does it take satisfy you?

Easy. the GT40 we have is the road going homologation car. The 250 GTO is a race car. N Class is for road cars only

Then explain the S-FR Racing Concept 2016 (N400) as it is a race car in the road car class.

The Vulcan 2016 (N800) is another example of a race car being in the road car class.

The Vulcan isn't a race car. That said, it's not a road car either.

But if you really want to flag an example of truly bizarre car classification, I bring you the BMW i3.

The Aston Martin Vulcan is a two-door, two-seater, high-performance lightweight track-only car launched in 2015 by Aston Martin at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.

To me a track-only car not available for legal road use or registration is the definition of a race car.
I don't feel it has to be entered in a sanctioned race to be classified as a race car when It's sole purpose was to be driven on a track.

Others might have a different view on that but everything about Vulcan screams race car.

I don't believe the BMW i3 belongs in the Gr.X class. Here is a real road car available for the public to buy right now. It should be sitting in the N-100 class even if it is all electric.

The Aston Martin Vulcan is a two-door, two-seater, high-performance lightweight track-only car launched in 2015 by Aston Martin at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.

To me a track only car not available for legal road use or registration is the definition of a race car.
I don't feel it has to be entered in a sanctioned race to be classified as a race car when It's sole purpose was to be driven on a track.

Others might have a different view on that but everything about Vulcan screams race car.
It doesn't really matter what your view is, it's not a race car. The only time a Vulcan has been raced against other vehicles was at a pre-Le Mans exhibition this year, and that was with a mixture of race and road cars.

Otherwise, like some other expensive, non-road legal baubles*, it doesn't meet the homologation standards for any race series anywhere in the world, so it can't be raced.

Maybe at some point someone will come up with a Vulcan one-make race series, although it seems rather unlikely given the buy-in price. And then there's the question of the Vulcan AMR Pro.

In essence, it can't be raced (so it's not a race car) and it can't be driven on the road (so it's not a road car).

That would be the perfect use of "Gr.X". The same sort of thing applies to the S-FR Racing Concept.

I don't believe the BMW i3 belongs in the Gr.X class. Here is a real road car available for the public to buy right now. It should be sitting in the N-100 class even if it is all electric.
Yep. That's the weirdest vehicle classification in the entire game for me.

*Zonda R, FXXK, Valkyrie AMR Pro, Brabham BT62, etc.

The Copen VGT is another one. Yes, it's a VGT, but come now... All show and no go in that class.
Its real world cousin, is a kei machine and there's actually a class for it. Granted, maybe the Copen does make it in the game. Thing is, PD should have programmed some cars to cross classes. They show cross classes in the screen saver demos.

It doesn't really matter what your view is, it's not a race car. The only time a Vulcan has been raced against other vehicles was at a pre-Le Mans exhibition this year, and that was with a mixture of race and road cars.

Otherwise, like some other expensive, non-road legal baubles*, it doesn't meet the homologation standards for any race series anywhere in the world, so it can't be raced.

Maybe at some point someone will come up with a Vulcan one-make race series, although it seems rather unlikely given the buy-in price. And then there's the question of the Vulcan AMR Pro.

In essence, it can't be raced (so it's not a race car) and it can't be driven on the road (so it's not a road car).

That would be the perfect use of "Gr.X". The same sort of thing applies to the S-FR Racing Concept.

Yep. That's the weirdest vehicle classification in the entire game for me.

*Zonda R, FXXK, Valkyrie AMR Pro, Brabham BT62, etc.

Normally I wouldn't come back with a snarky remark but if your going to say that my views don't matter then start coming up with your own views and rules of what a race car is as if that somehow does matters then there is one easy way to settle this.
All we have to do is look up the definition of a race car in the dictionary.

It doesn't say it must race against other cars and It doesn't say it must meet homologation standards for any race series anywhere in the world.

Here are your top 3 definition of a race car

1. an automobile built or modified for racing.

2. a car used for racing, as a specially designed and modified car or stock car.

3. very fast car that is used in auto racing or professional auto racing.

The fact that it has raced only reconfirms the definition of a race car. It doesn't matter if it's an exhibition race, classic car race or a sanctioned race because the dictionary does not put any specific rules or limitations on the definition of a race car.
So my definition of a race car and your definition of a race car according to the dictionary are both wrong.

Normally I wouldn't come back with a snarky remark but if your going to say that my views don't matter then start coming up with your own views and rules of what a race car is as if that somehow does matters then there is one easy way to settle this.
All we have to do is look up the definition of a race car in the dictionary.

It doesn't say it must race against other cars and It doesn't say it must meet homologation standards for any race series anywhere in the world.

2. a car used for racing, as a specially designed and modified car or stock car.

The fact that it has raced only reconfirms the definition of a race car. It doesn't matter if it's an exhibition race, classic car race or a sanctioned race because the dictionary does not put any specific rules or limitations on the definition of a race car.
So my definition of a race car and your definition of a race car according to the dictionary are both wrong.

Have you seen the Top Gear episode featuring the Zonda R? They explain the situation quite well. I bring this up because the Vulcan is effectively the same thing as a Zonda R. You can't use these cars on the road, and they don't meet several racing regulations so you can't race them either. Best you could do is use them for a track day, but even then (in the Zonda R's case) it breaks the exhaust decibel rules. The cars are more or less pointless, just one-off cars that Manufacturers use to brag about their peen size.

That being said, the Vulcan is not a race car in the traditional version of the word.

I don't have a stake in the argument between you and Famine. However, I took objection to whoever stated that PD is inconsistent with their car classes. They absolutely are not, and you guys can only produce 2 or 3 cars out of nearly 300 to base that statement on, which is kind of silly.

They're not my views, and it wouldn't matter if they were either.

It's not road legal anywhere in the world*, so it's not a road car, and it can't race anywhere in the world, so it's not a race car.

The reason it can't race anywhere in the world is precisely because it does not meet the homologation rules** for any race series anywhere in the world.

It doesn't matter what you think and it doesn't matter what I think. It's not a race car and it's not a road car.

The Vulcan is not an automobile built or modified for racing, it's not used for racing as a specially designed and modified car or stock car, and it's not used in auto racing or professional auto racing.

Quick pointer on dictionary definitions. Have a look in a different dictionary. Notice how they disagree? Merriam requires professional auto races, Collins requires high speeds, Cambridge requires it to be low and with a powerful engine... By those definitions this isn't a race car, but it is. It's not worth relying on them to define the world.

The fact that it has raced only reconfirms the definition of a race car.
Not really. An exhibition race isn't a race. You can't get a signature on your race licence from an exhibition event, so it's not a race.

I guess that, in principle, you could autotest/autocross it, but that applies to literally any car - although it may also be excluded from those as they frequently require the car to be road legal. Maybe drag racing, but then that applies to literally any car too. And we can say the same about the Goodwood Festival of Speed or other events like it. By the time you get to "Well, you can do a hill climb in it, so it's a race car" you've got every car in the world as a race car and the label loses all meaning.

*Some have been converted for road legal use, by RML if I recall rightly.
**Just for the avoidance of doubt, as a lot of people think homologation means making enough cars, homologation is the process of meeting the certification standards for a race series. The Vulcan does not meet the standards required for certification to compete in any race series in the world. Literally the only way to get this car onto a track is an exhibition or a track day.

Last edited:
You feel that compared to other games that the quality of free content is lacking?

Seems like you're just digging yourself into a deeper hole to me.

Oh dear, you are the one staring up from a deep hole.

You asked me,"So...how much free content does it take to satisfy you?"

I then tried to explain that it isn't about the amount of free content, but the quality of that free content.

Example 1) PD gives us 20 of the slowest, least interesting, transit van type vehicles for free.

Example 2) PD gives us 2 f1 cars from the V10 era, a Nascar, a 2 GT3 monsters.

Personal tastes aside, generally, I would say one is quantity over quality.

I also did not say the free content was lacking compared to other games, I said the content full stop...try to keep up.

Quick pointer on dictionary definitions. Have a look in a different dictionary. Notice how they disagree? Merriam requires professional auto races, Collins requires high speeds, Cambridge requires it to be low and with a powerful engine... By those definitions this isn't a race car, but it is. It's not worth relying on them to define the world.

Yes I did notice this even though I tried to stay with the most popular ones.

I guess that, in principle, you could autotest/autocross it, but that applies to literally any car - although it may also be excluded from those as they frequently require the car to be road legal. Maybe drag racing, but then that applies to literally any car too. And we can say the same about the Goodwood Festival of Speed or other events like it. By the time you get to "Well, you can do a hill climb in it, so it's a race car" you've got every car in the world as a race car and the label loses all meaning.

This is almost my point. The word race car is loosely thrown around to describe many types of vehicles across a wide range of Motorsports. Some are easily recognizable while others are not so easily defined. To describe them as race cars will register more quickly than their true classification.

The Vulcan has its roots buried so deep into racing its not even close to being anything else. Reading the specs on this car reveal many parts have already been FIA certified include the roll cage.
If it was allowed to race it would need absolutely no modification to be race ready.

So calling this a race car is a better description to summarize just how wicked the machine really is than calling it a track car.

We both agree it doesn't belong in the N-Class. PD seems to have no good reason why they place cars like this with the road cars and will then turn around and place a real everyday road cars in the Gr.x class.

You feel that compared to other games that the quality of free content is lacking?

Seems like you're just digging yourself into a deeper hole to me.
But he's right. Well, you both are. The free content in any game is gravy no one should balk at. Hey, it's free stuff that the dev has to still pay workers to produce.

However, I'll have to say that the seemingly random choices Kazunori-sensei makes is baffling sometimes. People defended the limo in Forza, but think of how many other really fun and competitive cars could have taken its place - at least one. It was a truly mind numbing inclusion.

I'd like GT Sport to be more race oriented, bring into the game a lot of the classic ALMS and European Touring Cars, alongside a smattering of the tasty sports machines. It's my privilege to ask for that. But it's only a privilege, not a stock owning demand. I'll take what I can get, though it would be sweet if the awesome team at Polyphony would consider not just our druthers, but the point of the game they're making this stuff for.

Sorry I've been away for a while, but life has asploded a lot over the past year.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this obsession with putting "classic" cars and slow, show piece types into the game.

If I have the choice between driving an IndyCar, or a full blooded DTM, or a V10 Aussie Touring Car, or a GP2 type copy...you know, stuff that excites and creates a feeling of exhilaration...or some 60s classic that goes from 0-60 in 2 days, I know what I prefer.

This is a game.

It's about the fantasy aspect of getting to race, albeit from the safety of your armchair, the fastest cars on the best tracks against the best drivers.

Yes, there is a place for some rare cars, but not to the point they are constantly being added at the expense of real race cars.

I want more open wheelers, more GT, more road going hypercars.

Give us the fastest, loudest, most intoxicating cars on the planet.

If I want to see museum pieces I'll Google their images or go to Goodwood.
You are aware that you are not actually going that fast, right?

Back