A new update is coming 2018/09/26

This has got to be a prank, double nerf for a manufacturer that barely made the finals?

Yeah I don't know what they're trying to do there. I guess Ferrari didn't pay the bill last month. But I just find it so unfair, Ferrari finally got better handling with the MR improvements and then they nerf both cars.

You need to learn about the purpose of a business.

Anyone who knows that would know PD are one of the crown jewels in Sony's Gaming division.

80 million+ games sold, cutting edge technology, owner is on the Playstation board, billions in revenue and only PS exclusive racing game thats still relevant.

The only time PD need to be worried is if Sony stops selling PS, in which case they'll prob be quickly bought up by another publisher.

Basically they're talent and track record is so good they don't need to worry.

Too big to fail? Sony has plenty of very successful exclusive games. The last GT universally praised was GT4, 14 years ago!
GT used to be a juggernaut and things have changed. Even if GT is more than a game to me, we shouldn't be blinded by nostalgia. Just look at Forza Horizon, arcade or sim whatever it's a car game aiming to the mass market (unlike Assetto Corsa).
No weather conditions, statick TOD, only two tracks at night, laughable AI, no true career mode with a sense of achievement, many missing features :
-360° camera view;
-camera view options like a G sensitive camera, it's stiff and looks boring;
-the best 3D models but no actual showroom with a free camera;

And so on. Unless they make a u-turn for the next GT, more tracks and cars won't change anything in the eyes of non-GT fans.

When you're the best selling racing game on your system, perhaps even in recent times, the non GT fan is probably someone who just isn't interested in a realistic racing game.

Anyone who knows that would know PD are one of the crown jewels in Sony's Gaming division.

80 million+ games sold, cutting edge technology, owner is on the Playstation board, billions in revenue and only PS exclusive racing game thats still relevant.

The only time PD need to be worried is if Sony stops selling PS, in which case they'll prob be quickly bought up by another publisher.

Basically they're talent and track record is so good they don't need to worry.

When you're the best selling racing game on your system, perhaps even in recent times, the non GT fan is probably someone who just isn't interested in a realistic racing game.
You don't have an understanding of business then. 80 million when? The past.

It's a case of what have you done for me lately. Naturally with the boss on the board the axe would fall a lot later than usual but don't for one second think PD is immune. Like anyone else you have to keep producing the goods.

I cant wait to play. My wife is hogging the TV right now and I don't want to play in my bedroom cuz that TV is only 1080p. Once you go 4K HDR you can't go back.
First world problems: "My second TV is not 4K" :lol:

On topic: Just tried the altered handling on the Mercedes F1. It's so much better now, much more stable in slow corners, but will still snap if you push it too hard (as it should)👍. The GT League events with it did just become incredibly easy, though.

Oh really! I guess I'll be dusting off Battlefield 1 this week! And yes, the "no big deal" comment was just my personal opinion since they never bothered me, I realize DLC has been a hot button issue everywhere for years.

Getting OT but I never understood the way EA did it. Years ago I remember COD DLC maps came out and they just got amalgamated into the rotation of all maps, so if you didn't have the DLC you got booted from the lobby and had to join another one. So those that bought all DLC got a huge variety of maps. Now what EA did I never liked, you buy a 20$ DLC and it's like it's own separate entity, so if you want to play the new maps you join lobbies where you just play on those 3 new maps over and over. Kind of defeats the purpose of adding more maps.

Uh i think its only free content for Battlefield V,i think Battlefield 1 still has paid content.

Kaz is a vice-president of Sony Interactive and GT is the platforms’ bestseller so :D If PD ever goes down, then SONY has a bigger problem :D

Small correction Last of Us sold more than GT3 so PD has the second most selling game on Playstation but i give props to GT3 because it had to sell on only one platform while Last of Us had a release on 2 consoles.

There is also the fact that Sony's first party are very connected,they always are sharing tech with each other and PD is part of that,closing a first party studio is very hard for Sony and i wonder what lesson they took from Evolution Studios shutdown,i think they might think three times now before closing a studio.

Small correction Last of Us sold more than GT3 so PD has the second most selling game on Playstation but i give props to GT3 because it had to sell on only one platform while Last of Us had a release on 2 consoles.

There is also the fact that Sony's first party are very connected,they always are sharing tech with each other and PD is part of that,closing a first party studio is very hard for Sony and i wonder what lesson they took from Evolution Studios shutdown,i think they might think three times now before closing a studio.
If you count the sales of all GT games together I bet GT wins over The Last of Us, but I still think the last of us has the best story ever told in a videogame.

Okay, so i was really intriged about my Fuji peformance at the world tour.

Tried the Fairlady Z at Fuji on the same settings: 1s faster on the DS4, 2.01 laptime

Went to try the Alpine. 4.5 SECONDS FASTER than the 2.01 on my first lap with the car...

I guess i wasnt that bad on the wheel. The fairlady is pretty terrible. I feel better now...

I find the 300ZX a joy to drive. Hm.

I am the only who is not really hyped by that update ? :confused:

Comments like this. "Am I the only one ..." :lol:
If you cared to read you'd know there were a lot of meh responses to this update.

The Merc I came last in St Croix and hated it, never drove it again. Waste of 2m credits. I saw the new races added for it and swore at my TV. But it has been fixed? Hang on...

J.D
choose replay and when the eagle is near your car pause replay, set free roam camera around the car and point it to the eagle then choose taking pictures in the photo editor where you can zoom as much as you want :)👍

Thank you very much! 👍

I'm impressed by the detail of this eagle. Many won't notice but it is there.

Just do something with the penalty system. I hardly even boot the game up anymore. Sick of getting hit and being penalized for it.

Not fixed.

I have dropped almost 40 points in the last minth and I haven't been reckless or dive bombed or t-boned anyone.

Arcade Race with Super GT at Fuji, is just the way it should be. Replay cameras are set perfectly.
DoC1vIhU0AAYKNn

I'll try a longer Custom Race and see if AI are a bit quicker.
You can say that again.
uWvLLFS.jpg

xqH5Wcd.jpg

Had a lot of fun with Kaz's Porsche yesterday. It's absolutely brilliant, and so is the '08 model. I also drove the GT3 RS to compare with the other 2, and there is a clear evolution between each car in both handling and speed. The 01' model is a solid platform with good grip and superb balance, but doesn't quite have the punch against the '08. That car is a faster in a straight line and handles better still - it's a happy medium IMO. The '16 GT3 RS is much more of a handful due to the extra power, but its handling blows the other two out of the water. Having three different generations of 911 to compare is great!

Also, the NSX is an absolute gem. It ought to be, given that Senna had a role in developing it. Really is as good as he said.

Trash update. Bunch of boring and unnecessary cars. Fuji could've been added much later, it's not a priority when we still haven't got Laguna Seca, Monte Carlo and such. GT Leagues were very nice additions though and convenient as I was about to buy a Mazda 787.

A free update with several cars and a classic (great) track is "trash"? :lol: Your definition of trash differs from mine. I would have preferred Spa, but it's a free update with a lot of great content either way. No complaints here.

I predict we will have a few people who will dislike it when Silverstone is invariably added.

I get it... many of the 'premiere' national tracks arent that great to drive on but its an institution.

With England being the home of Formula 1 and Silverstone being the most British of tracks, it has to come.

Back