A new update is coming 2018/09/26

Is Sony willing to support the game for the long term thats my question.

If Sony wants more money I will glady pay for DLC packs for new cars and tracks strictly the ones never featured in the game like the FXXK and P1 so on or tracks like Istanbul Park or Imola.

Almost certainly GT Sport is selling PS Plus subscriptions for Sony. I wouldn't be subscribed if not for this game. I'm sure that's a common theme.

Had a lot of fun with Kaz's Porsche yesterday. It's absolutely brilliant, and so is the '08 model. I also drove the GT3 RS to compare with the other 2, and there is a clear evolution between each car in both handling and speed. The 01' model is a solid platform with good grip and superb balance, but doesn't quite have the punch against the '08. That car is a faster in a straight line and handles better still - it's a happy medium IMO. The '16 GT3 RS is much more of a handful due to the extra power, but its handling blows the other two out of the water. Having three different generations of 911 to compare is great!

Same for me here, I had a lot of fun with both new porsche yesterday (in VR + wheel, no ABS/TCS... :)) Moreover, I discovered that you can load the ghost of another car in VR time trial, it's a great feature so .... on Fuji I was in 1:59 with the '08, and average 2.01-2.03 with the '01. It was a lot of fun to try to catch the 08 with the 01 model :

The driving difference between the two models is impressive. The 08 is more powerfull and has better acceleration, but I find the 01 is a lot more fun to drive and I find it's easier to take corners (maybe because it's slower)

Ironically Single Race mode is even worse.
Much better. Even Custom Race mode manages to keep me entertained especially with the new tracks and cars that allow me think of new challenges with the use of custom race mode. Also with that is the continuing quest to win those multi million cars through DWG.

Single race on the other hand...not much.

I predict we will have a few people who will dislike it when Silverstone is invariably added.

I get it... many of the 'premiere' national tracks arent that great to drive on but its an institution.

With England being the home of Formula 1 and Silverstone being the most British of tracks, it has to come.

To be honest I like Silverstone. I hope to see this track one day.

Much better. Even Custom Race mode manages to keep me entertained especially with the new tracks and cars that allow me think of new challenges with the use of custom race mode. Also with that is the continuing quest to win those multi million cars through DWG.

Single race on the other hand...not much.

If I want to play GT:S in Singleplayer I always choose either arcade mode or custom race. GT League is just mehhh. Very dull AI and I don't have the option to adjust things. An option to create championships would be nice.

I predict we will have a few people who will dislike it when Silverstone is invariably added.

I get it... many of the 'premiere' national tracks arent that great to drive on but its an institution.

With England being the home of Formula 1 and Silverstone being the most British of tracks, it has to come.

That's a safe bet....

... 'cus I'll dislike it :lol:

I find it flat and characterless, which are problems compounded by the the fact it really only suits the fastest cars.

... also, I've been to the place many times and have developed a grudge against it based on this notion you've alluded to, that it's an institution. It really does very little to justify this and is frankly one of the worst circuits to visit in the UK.

Also with that is the continuing quest to win those multi million cars through DWG.

I’m so frustrated with this! I’ve logged 112 days (I think I’ve gotten my prize car virtually every time) and have won almost nothing of value. Shelby Cobra, at 2 million, is by far and away the most expensive car I’ve won. I love classics and almost never drive group cars or race cars of any sort. I bought the Jag a while ago, and I’m up to 10 million right now. They had to go and stick my favorite car from GT6 in there. Well - there goes my money :banghead::lol:

Honestly though, a little higher payout would be nice. I love the game, but with all those 20 mil cars, I’ll never be able to own them all. Hoping it goes the way of GT6 and starts offering daily races where you can earn big $$$

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this obsession with putting "classic" cars and slow, show piece types into the game.

If I have the choice between driving an IndyCar, or a full blooded DTM, or a V10 Aussie Touring Car, or a GP2 type copy...you know, stuff that excites and creates a feeling of exhilaration...or some 60s classic that goes from 0-60 in 2 days, I know what I prefer.

This is a game.

It's about the fantasy aspect of getting to race, albeit from the safety of your armchair, the fastest cars on the best tracks against the best drivers.

Yes, there is a place for some rare cars, but not to the point they are constantly being added at the expense of real race cars.

I want more open wheelers, more GT, more road going hypercars.

Give us the fastest, loudest, most intoxicating cars on the planet.

If I want to see museum pieces I'll Google their images or go to Goodwood.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this obsession with putting "classic" cars and slow, show piece types into the game.

If I have the choice between driving an IndyCar, or a full blooded DTM, or a V10 Aussie Touring Car, or a GP2 type copy...you know, stuff that excites and creates a feeling of exhilaration...or some 60s classic that goes from 0-60 in 2 days, I know what I prefer.

This is a game.

It's about the fantasy aspect of getting to race, albeit from the safety of your armchair, the fastest cars on the best tracks against the best drivers.

Yes, there is a place for some rare cars, but not to the point they are constantly being added at the expense of real race cars.

Meanwhile you are missing out on the fantastic close Fun racing in N100-300 lobbies because they are "Slow and boring". I know who's really missing out.

Meanwhile you are missing out on the fantastic close Fun racing in N100-300 lobbies because they are "Slow and boring". I know who's really missing out.

Slow and boring??? Take a taste of it on Dailly race 3 at Tsukuba... and I don´t think it´s that boring.. mainly if you have a group of other racers that are capable and clean racers...

This is a game.

That’s very much a personal opinion. If it was up to me, I’d take all the race cars out of the game. Gr1-Gr5, Indy, F1 they’d be gone and replaced with more classic cars along with small slower cars which give you the tightest races on a consistent basis. To each his own.

Just because a car is fast, it does NOT make it fun to drive. I’m willing to bet most people would find the Alfa Giulia TZ2 more fun to drive than a Bugatti Veyron or one of VGT cars. In fact, I’d argue the classic Mini is more fun to drive than those as well. I understand your point, but I think there’s a lot of people who would disagree. In the end, it’s good to have a variety so more people can be happy

Is Gt sport going to be supported for the next year I always feared that one day Sony might pull the plug.

I hope this wont be true because the updates are awesome.
I reckon they'll keep on supporting it and providing free DLC until the next GT is ready to roll, then they'll bundle up all the cars and tracks we've already got with a few of new ones and some new game modes (the return of championships with prize cars in GT League), and charge for a whole new game. You'll pay for the freebies in the end :)

To be fair, Gran Turismo has never been solely about racing the fastest cars. Pretty much the first thing everyone did in Gran Turismo, was drive a 99hp Mazda Demio in a straight line.

I'd venture that to a lot of people, it's not just the experience of driving in a certain manner that is the appeal of different cars, it's in having the experience of driving certain specific cars, albeit from the safety of an armchair or sofa.

If it was just the experience of driving on the edge in the fastest car, you wouldn't be asking for DTM cars or GP 2 cars, you'd just be driving the Red Bull X2014 and SRT Tomahawk... fact is you want that make-believe experience of driving a DTM car or a GP2 car... and it's no different for people who like the classics. Neither is right or wrong, its just about what people get from the game.

I do think the game needs a couple more tracks that suit slower road cars a little better though.

I really appreciate the free content, but the choices of cars this time around was pretty uninspiring to me.

I would be willing to pay for new cars if they were new models or new to the series all together.

Last edited:
This update is pretty good to be honest, free stuff is the best stuff but i'm really conflicted if we needed another viper to play around or even the plymouth for example. I feel that there are new races eligible for a rather fun grinding session: the gr1 on maggiore maybe?

This is a game.

I'd lose interest if every car in the game was all about speed. Variety is important.

This is a game.

It's your opinion but i don't know if you ever cared or experienced the slower cars.
My favorite is the C3 '69, i had very fun races in lobbies with it against the japanese sports car and european. It fares well!
Eachtype of car has its share of excitment and fun personally speaking.

Also fast doesn't always mean good. Majority are just tedious to drive due to god awful handling, that's one of the cons that i can't enjoy. (Doesn't mean i despise all of them)

If it was just the experience of driving on the edge in the fastest car, you wouldn't be asking for DTM cars or GP 2 cars, you'd just be driving the Red Bull X2014 and SRT Tomahawk...
Amen to that. I've received about a dozen Tomahawk gift cars and they're all sitting unused in my garage. I think one of them has about 5 miles on the clock from the one time I thought I'd give it a chance. I'd swap them all in a heartbeat for that fire-breathing Alfa 155 DTM...

I think everyone has their own perception of speed or what is 'acceptable illusion of speed'.

I find N100 just mindnumbing dull.

N200 rally is ok. N300 rally is more my pace.

I dont mind the 300/400 road cars. Plenty of time to think. GT3 is about a good medium.

I have to recalibrate my brain for the McLaren VGT and that sort.

The W08 is too fast for me but I havent driven the new update model yet.

Tuned the 996 to Carrera Cup spec. Real weight is at 1140kg. It can only be dropped to 1161kg. Gearing, suspension and power, are spot on.
Tight ride.

That's a safe bet....

... 'cus I'll dislike it :lol:

I find it flat and characterless, which are problems compounded by the the fact it really only suits the fastest cars.

... also, I've been to the place many times and have developed a grudge against it based on this notion you've alluded to, that it's an institution. It really does very little to justify this and is frankly one of the worst circuits to visit in the UK.

Bring us Oulton Park to GTS. One of the best tracks in the country imo.

If I want to play GT:S in Singleplayer I always choose either arcade mode or custom race. GT League is just mehhh. Very dull AI and I don't have the option to adjust things. An option to create championships would be nice.
Same here. Again as mentioned before the custom race mode manages to keep me entertained long enough before next year where I finally buy a PS+ sub once I change my internet plan. The video I posted here before with the M3 GT2, I had a fun race and that Walkenhorst M6 gave me a good fight until the end.

Back