A new update is coming 2018/09/26

Is it just me or they improved the overall lighting quality?? First I thought they just improved some of the time conditions but more I play the game the better it looks :D

I noticed an improvement in the lighting in VR also. Seems like the overall exposure is brighter, but there still remains a high level of contrast. The light bloom feels more intense as well. Haven't tried out 1080P or 4K yet though.

For those that don't own the game, this is what everyone is on about with the NSX:

It looks, sounds and feels sooooo good :drool:

I noticed an improvement in the lighting in VR also. Seems like the overall exposure is brighter, but there still remains a high level of contrast. The light bloom feels more intense as well. Haven't tried out 1080P or 4K yet though.

For those that don't own the game, this is what everyone is on about with the NSX:

It looks, sounds and feels sooooo good :drool:

Game already looks mindblowing and they are still improving the graphics PD are madmen

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this obsession with putting "classic" cars and slow, show piece types into the game.

If I have the choice between driving an IndyCar, or a full blooded DTM, or a V10 Aussie Touring Car, or a GP2 type copy...you know, stuff that excites and creates a feeling of exhilaration...or some 60s classic that goes from 0-60 in 2 days, I know what I prefer.

This is a game.

It's about the fantasy aspect of getting to race, albeit from the safety of your armchair, the fastest cars on the best tracks against the best drivers.

Yes, there is a place for some rare cars, but not to the point they are constantly being added at the expense of real race cars.

I want more open wheelers, more GT, more road going hypercars.

Give us the fastest, loudest, most intoxicating cars on the planet.

If I want to see museum pieces I'll Google their images or go to Goodwood.

One of the most exciting races I had online was a Fiat 500 three-way battle in Lake Maggiore Center. Another one was with elevated Minis. You don't know what you're missing.

The driving difference between the two models is impressive. The 08 is more powerfull and has better acceleration, but I find the 01 is a lot more fun to drive and I find it's easier to take corners (maybe because it's slower)
Really? I found the 2001 996 to be sluggish. Not very good at braking and understeers compared to more modern Porsches. I dont blame it though since its one of the old model.

997 has dramatically improved handling so it's very manageable. 998 slightly improves it.

Have someone noticed the bug, from the AI, that doesn't refuel in the Arcade Mode -> Custom Race?
I usually spend some time doing endurance races on my own like Blancpain GT Series or ELMS with LMP1 cars and today, as I was doing 4h Nürburgring, I've noticed that the arrows from the AI cars were moving too much slowly and happens that if they go to the boxes, they only refuel 1% of fuel and spend the rest of the lap cruising at 80km/h...
I would like to know some feedback from the community if it is a generalized bug.

To see the phenomenom quickly, try to do a 20min custom race around Northern Isle or Blue Moon with 10x on fuel and tires. In Northern Isle you'll see that, when the AI run out of fuel, as they come out of the box, they come in again (because the entry is right next to the exit) and at Blue Moon you'll see some trafic jam.

I know Wankel designed rotary engines but he was a Nazi. Ok most scientists were Nazis back then in Germany but I find it odd they called the event: The Passion of Dr. Wankel

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

I bought mine this morning. Was well on my way to buying my second 20 million dollar car. But that gorgeous Alfa - modern cars don’t seem to be able to replicate those lines - take my money Alfa Romeo. Take it all
I'm just going to buy it and enter the Nostalgic event. Even though I won't have a chance to win, I've got to experience it.

Because of your post I looked up what he did - "During World War II, Wankel developed seals and rotary valves for German air force aircraft and navy torpedoes, for BMW and Daimler-Benz."

Apparently he was against animal testing too, but was anti-semitic so I won't be defending him as there is also things we do not know but at least he was not doing horrific experiments.

I think they should have just named the cup after the engines rather than naming it after him in tribute.

I know Wankel designed rotary engines but he was a Nazi. Ok most scientists were Nazis back then in Germany but I find it odd they called the event: The Passion of Dr. Wankel

It may be technically correct but there's a pretty massive gulf between the common NSDAP voter (which won the popular vote) and the likes of Hitler, Himmler and Mengele who were responsible for unspeakable evil... but the inference of calling someone a Nazi tends to lean towards the latter, rather than the former.... which may or may not be fair. Just sayin' a little more context is useful if you're going to throw out a statement like that.

Did he actively promote the regime or was he just doing what he was being told? There's a difference, and that difference may have guided PD's decision to credit the engineer.

Name of the event, huh?

latest

latest

Did he actively promote the regime or was he just doing what he was being told? There's a difference, and that difference may have guided PD's decision to credit the engineer.

After some quick research it seems to me he was a member of an Anti-Semitic wing of the Nazi Party, and the a Nazi party member himself. I believe he even led the Hitler Youth in Baden for a time and focused on Military training. he was also a member of the SS but 2 years after joining had his membership revoked for unknown reasons. He served a short sentence in prison after the war for his involvement with the Nazi's.

Given he only served "several months" in prison after the war I think it's fair to say he had no involvement in any atrocities and assume he had a fair trial and just sentence for his involvement. He was also a big animal rights activist for what's it's worth. If people around the world in the decades immediately following the war has no problem giving him accolades for his work in mechanical engineering I don't see why us, now near 74 years later should put much thought into it.

Last edited:
I predict we will have a few people who will dislike it when Silverstone is invariably added.

I get it... many of the 'premiere' national tracks arent that great to drive on but its an institution.

With England being the home of Formula 1 and Silverstone being the most British of tracks, it has to come.

As an American, can you explain why Silverstone is "the most British of tracks" when Brands Hatch, also in Britain, was hosting races decades before Silverstone?

I have to say, this is a fantastic update that brings significant improvements to the feel of the game. Disappointing they still havent added in my type R fk8 but hopefully it will be added later down the track.

Good news though, I took the evo x for a spin and holy cow it actually handles and rotates like the real thing. I still have my 09 evo x and it behaves and sounds exactly like it should.

Also I'm not sure why no one has mentioned that the tyre and breaking model feels ALOT better. Breaking distance is a lot shorter.

Extremely happy with this update.

?

The pharaoh's were the largest slave owners in recorded history. Are the pyramids no longer impressive?

Are you implying Wankels "passion" was more vested in the Holocaust than engineering? And if it was, is the rotary engine no longer an engineering marvel? Is ones passion erased when you are labeled a deviant in the eyes of history?

Edit: I also want to clarify that Wankel did not simply "design rotary engines". He invented/engineered the most (only) successful pistonless engine in history. No small feat.

Additionally, I'm grinding an axe with your post because of the absolute jackass absurdity with which the word "Nazi" is throw around these days. I like to think GTplanet exists for automotive gaming discussion... Not dog pile, flavor of the moment, reactionary, drivel.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what seems to be the issue here. Heck, the trophy they're using in FIA championship was made by Italian futurist/fascist but I don't think PD are glorifying their acts only their achievements in society

Last edited:
I also want to clarify that Wankel did not simply "design rotary engines". He invented/engineered the most (only) successful pistonless engine in history. No small feat.

I personally would not consider the rotary engine a "successful" counterpart to a combustion piston engine. Certainly not the 'most successful.' That title would probably be held by the steam engine, which has been used for 320 years.

The rotary engine has an inherent design flaw. This makes it not only much more inefficient with fuel and lubricants, but more importantly, gave it an efficiency lifespan of (potentially) up to only 1/10th of a piston engine.

Remember, Rotary engines were put into cars at a time when auto manufacturers were at their most experimental. Need I remind you of the Turbine powered Chrysler? This doesn't lend much credit at all to the Rotary engine. Also, I would like to point out that Mazda was the only manufacturer who ever bothered with putting this engine into several iterations of production cars over multiple generations. Clearly, they had some strange obsession with capturing this niche of automotive history, which they did - and have since moved on from it.

I predict we will have a few people who will dislike it when Silverstone is invariably added.

I get it... many of the 'premiere' national tracks arent that great to drive on but its an institution.

With England being the home of Formula 1 and Silverstone being the most British of tracks, it has to come.

I'll probably be the most vocal about it. :sly:

I wonder why he stopped? Wasn’t he supposed to do more guide videos than the few we got?
I think someone posted before an Instagram story on Lewis Hamilton's profile that he and PD are already working on Reference Lap #2.

I think someone posted before an Instagram story on Lewis Hamilton's profile that he and PD are already working on Reference Lap #2.
Damn he works slow. :lol: One video a week (pre-recorded long before) would be totally doable than one video a year:rolleyes:

I personally would not consider the rotary engine a "successful" counterpart to a combustion piston engine. Certainly not the 'most successful.' That title would probably be held by the steam engine, which has been used for 320 years.

Fair enough. Though a steam engine is not pistonless.

I remember adding oil every month (per the operation manual) to my 2nd gen RX-7 to negate the lubrication issue you mention. That motor made it to 187k before the Apex seals gave way.

Can't remember the maintenance schedule on my last steam engine vehicle. Though I'm sure it was less than the upkeep on my jet turbine powered vehicles.

Last edited:
I'm getting worried. I find myself using the 996 GT3 more than my beloved NSXR. The 996 is so awesome with my Cup spec. Sounds good, shifts good, brakes good, looks good in replays. The centre dash and MOMO, are heaven in the NSXR. The 996, has that virtual feel of a Porsche Cup car. It's addicting.

Have someone noticed the bug, from the AI, that doesn't refuel in the Arcade Mode -> Custom Race?
I usually spend some time doing endurance races on my own like Blancpain GT Series or ELMS with LMP1 cars and today, as I was doing 4h Nürburgring, I've noticed that the arrows from the AI cars were moving too much slowly and happens that if they go to the boxes, they only refuel 1% of fuel and spend the rest of the lap cruising at 80km/h...
I would like to know some feedback from the community if it is a generalized bug.

To see the phenomenom quickly, try to do a 20min custom race around Northern Isle or Blue Moon with 10x on fuel and tires. In Northern Isle you'll see that, when the AI run out of fuel, as they come out of the box, they come in again (because the entry is right next to the exit) and at Blue Moon you'll see some trafic jam.

It happened to me too. I did two custom endurance events at Fuji GT and the ai started going real slow. It didn’t look like they took tyres or fuel in their pit stops when I had a look at a few of them in the replay. Unfortunately it looks like this latest update has broken custom endurance races. I have commented about this in the bug thread as have a few others. :(

I have to say, I'm enjoying the new update a lot. Haven't had this much fun since back in 1.10 and 1.11 when the R32 and the Supra RZ came out. Still have to drive the 2 Porsches but right now I'm having a blast with the M3 GT. Joined a lobby last night where it's all Gr.2 and Gr.3 cars around Fuji Speedway GT, and I'm very glad the M3 holds it own alongside the proper GT3 cars. Host wasn't starting the race, we were all just driving around but it made for some proper multi-class racing action. Everyone was keeping it tight and clean.

Back