Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
Mercury Cougar XR-7 IMSA

DnvXIvjX4AECN-5.jpg

DnvXIvlXsAEBlqu.jpg

I really like the Rollover/TCR cars as a general rule, but then again I've always favoured grip tunes and their cars are always grippy.
The Audi RS3 TCR has the same reflective windscreen problem as that recent Ferrari mod, where the road is reflected in cockpit view. Anyone know of a quick fix, which value to alter where?

I really like the Rollover/TCR cars as a general rule, but then again I've always favoured grip tunes and their cars are always grippy.
The Audi RS3 TCR has the same reflective windscreen problem as that recent Ferrari mod, where the road is reflected in cockpit view. Anyone know of a quick fix, which value to alter where?

I use the CIracesonline original version which has no issue with that.

OK, a question for modders: how do you stop the driver's hands from turning at a different rotational speed to the steering wheel (and sliding around the wheel in a very weird way in VR) if there's no data folder for the car?
If there's a data folder then in the driver3d config you can alter the [STEER_ANIMATION]LOCK= to different values until the hands are in synch with the steering wheel, but if no data folder exists you can't just add one.
Any ideas?

OK, a question for modders: how do you stop the driver's hands from turning at a different rotational speed to the steering wheel (and sliding around the wheel in a very weird way in VR) if there's no data folder for the car?
If there's a data folder then in the driver3d config you can alter the [STEER_ANIMATION]LOCK= to different values until the hands are in synch with the steering wheel, but if no data folder exists you can't just add one.
Any ideas?

I'm sure there's some other tool/app that unpacks a car's data, and there's a more efficient method than what I do.

If there's a car with no data folder, I'll just duplicate the car using Assetto Corsa Car Tuner. If you've never used it, when you select a car to tune (Kunos ones included), give that tune a name and save it, ACCT will unpack all the data and create a whole new copy of that car, rather than overwrite the original. You're then free to dive into all of it's files and adjust whatever you like.

I'm sure there's some other tool/app that unpacks a car's data, and there's a more efficient method than what I do.

If there's a car with no data folder, I'll just duplicate the car using Assetto Corsa Car Tuner. If you've never used it, when you select a car to tune (Kunos ones included), give that tune a name and save it, ACCT will unpack all the data and create a whole new copy of that car, rather than overwrite the original. You're then free to dive into all of it's files and adjust whatever you like.
Ah, thanks - I'll give that a go.
I'm still not sure why some cars have data folders and others don't. You'd think the file structure would need to be the same for all cars.

AssettoLand stills alive and well ! :cheers:

Step by step, the website is currently hardly working on the Ferrari files and updated the VSF F1 Ferrari Concept. 👍
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/ferrari

Cheers ! ;-)
Hopefully they are here for the long haul now. I don't know of any other website that's been shut down as often as Assettoland has. It seems they can't back the website up either and have to start from scratch every time.

If a car don’t have a data folder then it has a data.acd of which needs extracted and when it is extracted there will become a data folder… Assetto Corsa Car Tuner can be used to extract the data.acd though it not always works when there is encryption used in the data.acd, it will result in an error and often the text in all the ini files will appear in symbols and sometimes it won’t appear at all. Assetto Corsa Car Tuner will also edit the car name as well make duplicates of all skins and for some people whom may have 2 to 3 gigs of skins for a certain car, this might not be so practical.

With Content manager we have the ability to compress data folders back into data.acd files so there is also another great tool you can use to extract any data.acd, I have yet to see this fail with any data.acd file and it is called Quick BMS and it is really easy to use.

Open the folder of the car you wish to extract the data.acd file for. Create a folder called data and then create another folder call Original Data, as well you may want to create a folder named Modded Data.

So now you take quickbms.exe and assetto_corsa_acd.bms and place them in the cars folder. You then run quickbms.exe then select assetto_corsa_acd.bms and then the next prompt you select the cars data.acd, then finally the data folder you created which will be where the data.acd is extracted to. Hit enter after the operation and the quick bms command will close. Note, you'll see all the files extracted in the command prompt window.

So now after the data.acd file is extracted you must place the original data.acd file preferably in the folder you created called Original Data… if you don’t AC will load the data.acd before it loads from the data folder, thus edits you make to the files in the data folder will not appear in game until the data.acd is placed elsewhere. Now after you have edited the files in the data folder you might want to re-compress it all back into a data.acd and Content manger provides us this ability, it is located by selecting Content then the associated car and at the bottom you’ll see the option, pack data. Once you pack data back you will want to now remove the data folder you created and has all the ini files in it into the Modded Data Folder. You can now remove the quick bms files or move them elsewhere and even remove the Original Data and Modded Data folders, it is up to you. I generally hold onto the Original Data folder.

To simplify this you can download quick bms from the link I provide as well I have provided some ABS and Traction Control files for ones that wish to have this feature on any car.

Quick BMS Files

ABS and Traction Control Files

Pass: Apexxer

In regards to the road reflecting in the windshield, the fix for this might be found in the kn5 file... perhaps in the material textures being used or the diffuse texture material and/or settings. Still looking into it. Cheers!
Select the car in CM in the content/cars section, press Alt+J, you have the data.acd extracted.

This track is a huge resource hog right now but Jim will continue to optimise it over the coming months. Personally I can't even hot lap this track in VR without it juddering badly, and that's after turning World Details down to minimum. It looks gorgeous but I don't know of another track that performs so poorly - it's completely undriveable for me right now unfortunately. It's all down to the number of objects, apparently.

I wonder if this is why Bernese Alps (by a different modder) is taking so long to come out? It doesn't bode well for future FM7 conversions if they need so much work to get them to run properly. I hope that's not going to be the case going forward as 'cracking' FM7 tracks seemed like the Holy Grail for AC track modding. Let's hope Jim finds a way to drastically improve performance.

How are the rest of you finding it? I'm on a 6600k/980Ti.

can someone help? for some reason the interior mirror of all my cars wont work. it shows a screen that say left,center,right on it or it is just completely blank

Well, had to get a new dang drive as the AC content pushed me to maxing out the 500GB I had....moved it to a 1TB SSD....some of the content got mixed up or something. So I've been DL some tracks that show errors....

Cant believe it and I haven't even tried them all, but I'm at over 1,700 cars & 600 tracks.

Well, had to get a new dang drive as the AC content pushed me to maxing out the 500GB I had....moved it to a 1TB SSD....some of the content got mixed up or something. So I've been DL some tracks that show errors....

Cant believe it and I haven't even tried them all, but I'm at over 1,700 cars & 600 tracks.

use the compress tool in CM, it will all fit. on my SSD I compress my AC folder from 386gb to 110gb, been like that for while now, no issue what so ever.

@Masscot I tried the FM7 Bathurst, looks great, drives OK was expecting more track feedback from "laserscan" track, but yes the optimization is terrible, runs at 45 fps not everything maxed with my 1080ti, when all other tracks run at 90fps, just me on the track with everything on full.
need some work.:eek:
I am thinking, converting from FM7, 3 hours, optimizing to run decent fps, 300 hours.:sly:
That said I am glad to have it , even as is, looking forward to the alpine road.

can someone help? for some reason the interior mirror of all my cars wont work. it shows a screen that say left,center,right on it or it is just completely blank

Seems like you are missing the mirror files or something is causing it to fail.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back