Any news on new content coming with updates on consoles?

• Thread starter mkvitz89
  • 33 comments
United States
United States
mustardjeans89
Just curious if the consoles will have updates that would feature new cars, new tracks, etc.. I know the pc has downloadable mods, but i wonder what they're plan is for the consoles.

Thanks

I doubt it would be that short. The community is talking about it, but the devs refuse to comment, instead saying 'let's see how the first one does'.
project cars is a totally different style of game to any current games on consoles. like many sims the success is not measured by the sales numbers but how long the game keeps people the most successful sim games are games like rfactor and i racing because of how long they keep numbers up they last for years

Just curious if the consoles will have updates that would feature new cars, new tracks, etc.. I know the pc has downloadable mods, but i wonder what they're plan is for the consoles.

Thanks
There will be 2015 Indycar cars DLC. No idea what tracks will be included, whether it's free or not.

From what I've read, there is at least discussions on doing large scale add ons that would feature a vast array of content for close to the price of a new game (if not exactly).

It would be similar to SimBin's approach with their DTM and ADAC GT Masters licenses, albeit with (I can only assume) IndyCar and others. NASCAR was one name that was dropped a few years ago, but they don't talk much about any of that anymore it seems.

project cars is a totally different style of game to any current games on consoles. like many sims the success is not measured by the sales numbers but how long the game keeps people the most successful sim games are games like rfactor and i racing because of how long they keep numbers up they last for years

Success for any company is measured by how much money it rakes in. Even independent studios will only make games if they can make money.

Success for any company is measured by how much money it rakes in. Even independent studios will only make games if they can make money.
your right it needs to sell but it no point in having a sequel when the game sells well and is dead a few months down line. sms have already said it has long term goals it these goals that will be the deciding factor not necessarily the initial goals.

I think once they see numbers on the servers and money in the bank dlc decisions will be made.

I'd be more than happy to pay for quality tracks and cars or manufactures bundles.

They aren't forced on you it's your choice to buy.

From what I understand, the intention from the devs is to create expansion packs, rather than randomly cobbled together DLC packs like Forza, so it may include tracks as well as cars.

I just hope the Dlc is made up of what you want and not forced to pay for 5 things when there is only 1 item worth having.

I'm guessing it has to do with new tracks, cars, etc... Which i'm ok with since there wont be any modding on the consoles. Plus the amount of content on release is staggering from what i see. Hope it all makes it.

Well think, if it brings every indycar, their sponsors and their drivers. Also if they bring all 15 tracks i'd gladly pay 20 to 30 bucks for that as that is a huge update.

I think many players are ready to pay more IF dev simply DELIVERS. We know how it was with SimBin but Slightly Mad is now a "new hope". Finger crossed, wallet ready ;)

I'm fully on board with paid DLC, I think you get what you pay for for the most part, but my only concern about DLC is paying for tracks. If all tracks aren't available to all people it really impacts open lobbies and organized series because not everyone will have all the tracks. If they could find a way to make the tracks really cheap or free but charge for all the cars it would really promote long term consistency. I don't know the underlying economics of it and it may not be affordable for SMS to give tracks away at this point, but if it could be done that would be great.

Last edited:
I'm fully on board with paid DLC, I think you get what you pay for for the most part, but my only concern about DLC is paying for tracks. If all tracks aren't available to all people it really impacts open lobbies and organized series because not everyone will have all the tracks. If they could find a way to make the tracks really cheap or free but charge for all the cars it would really promote long term consistency. I don't know the underlying economics of it and it may not be affordable for SMS to give tracks away at this point, but if it could be done that would be great.

Yes, DLC tracks were a definite barrier to entry from an online league point of view in GT5. Cheap or free tracks would benefit many. I don't mind paying more for the DLC cars either.

Yes, DLC tracks were a definite barrier to entry from an online league point of view on GT5. Cheap or free tracks would benefit many. I don't mind paying a bit more for the DLC cars either.

paid dlc tracks could work if they allow people to use a dlc track online if the host has purchased it but they still wouldn't be able to use it offline thus creating an incentive to buy later on. At least they would still generate some revenue which gives more incentive to produce more tracks

I presume that consoles will get exactly the same DLCs as PC Steam versions, will they? I'm still stuck on the fence as to which version to buy and currently the livery editor is swinging it for me, different DLCs will certainly make for an easier decision if they are swayed towards the Steam version.

Back