Are we ever going to get any oval tracks?

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 86 comments
Whoa there brother.Having watched Motorsports for 45 years,F1 now is a 2 team,maybe 3 team field. Oval racing is not as easy as people think. Short track Ovals are some of the most fun too watch and race. In the end,its a UK developer,not European. Kinda like saying Canadians are American,don't think so! They said there would be Ovals,so when they get here,they get here. As for ranting and raving,well Parcells,chill dude.

Tracks that should have been included in the game at release. How many tracks did FM5 have again? And how many did PCars have at release?

PCars has a very good selection of circuits, just missing a few oval.

Forza always releases car packs usually there is one on release day which means it should have been included but wasn't.
How dare they not give us unfinished tracks or charge us for them!

SMS is a European company, they’re creating what they know best.

SMS is an international company, 2 (or 3? not sure, actually) of the physic leads and several other employees are located in the US of A and Canuhduh. One of the physics guys is an avid oval racers and IIRC he worked on Nascar games already in the past.

I'm American an I find oval racing boring, but fun and challenging to actually race, but my only experience is iRacing so yeah... Back then I enjoyed oval as much as road racing, although I admit to being more biased towards road racing.

SMS is an international company, 2 (or 3? not sure, actually) of the physic leads and several other employees are located in the US of A and Canuhduh. One of the physics guys is an avid oval racers and IIRC he worked on Nascar games already in the past.
Yeah,Toyota Corollas are made in Cambridge Ont Canada, its a Canadian car,yeah right! SMS is based out of the UK.

I was looking foreward to having Ovals on here ,but considering the way bumpers/fenders seem to lock onto each other ,i`m thinking it will make the skill of pushing another car very acardish

But hey ho they may address that

I was looking foreward to having Ovals on here ,but considering the way bumpers/fenders seem to lock onto each other ,i`m thinking it will make the skill of pushing another car very acardish

But hey ho they may address that
There's not much pushing in NASCAR anymore.

I don't care for oval racing, but if people want it, why not.
But please let it be in DLC packs, so that I don't have to buy it (as cheap as PCars DLC are), and PLEASE, give us the possibility to leave it out of career mode.
I had enough of this in GT series...:crazy:

But my post was about Project CARS and its ovals ,I cant see how real Nascar is relevant
Well seeing SMS is trying to replicate "real physics" I'm sure it is relevant!:banghead:
Dou you actually watch NASCAR!
GT5 was relevant to PCars?:D

Last edited:
Well seeing SMS is trying to replicate "real physics" I'm sure it is relevant!:banghead:
Dou you actually watch NASCAR!
GT5 was relevant to PCars?:D

Yes i do watch Nascar,I get it on PremierTV in the UK,I can also watch Fox Sports for Nascar ,and i have never seen Nascars lock Bumpers/Fenders ,The only game ive seen worse for bumpers like this was Nascar the Game ,wont make any difference for the short or intermediate Oval tracks ,but the plate races will just be who comes to the room with the most friends

Kind of kills it for realism dont you think

Yes i do watch Nascar,I get it on PremierTV in the UK,I can also watch Fox Sports for Nascar ,and i have never seen Nascars lock Bumpers/Fenders ,The only game ive seen worse for bumpers like this was Nascar the Game ,wont make any difference for the short or intermediate Oval tracks ,but the plate races will just be who comes to the room with the most friends

Kind of kills it for realism dont you think
No it doesn't. When was the last race you watched,when they pushed each other in a NASCAR race. They don't have bumpers in NASCAR,its a piece of sheet metal,kevlar thats a vinyl sticker that looks like a bumper, as well as the lights/taillights. NASCAR will lock fenders,I don't know what your watching! Should I YouTube it for you. You do realize the car is covered in a vinyl sheet that looks like a car?

No it doesn't. When was the last race you watched,when they pushed each other in a NASCAR race. They don't have bumpers in NASCAR,its a piece of sheet metal,kevlar thats a vinyl sticker that looks like a bumper, as well as the lights/taillights. NASCAR will lock fenders,I don't know what your watching! Should I YouTube it for you. You do realize the car is covered in a vinyl sheet that looks like a car?

Yes i know this ,but i refered to the bumpers/fenders locking as its looks like a bumper ,why are you trying to create and win an argument that has no relevance to what i stated in the first place?

Yes i know this ,but i refered to the bumpers/fenders locking as its looks like a bumper ,why are you trying to create and win an argument that has no relevance to what i stated in the first place?
I'm not arguing,it looks and is,is a complete different statement. It's not a bumper! It's body panels locking,which is why they don't push each other in NASCAR anymore! It would kill aero,air flow,coolers etc.They lock up because of tubular framing hooking together.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing,it looks and is,is a complete different statement. It's not a bumper! It's body panels locking,which is why they don't push each other in NASCAR anymore! It would kill aero,air flow,coolers etc.They lock up because of tubular framing hooking together.

But its a video game and for me the ease of pushing one another will be particularly easy in my opinion that they may address

Which i dont find realistic ,which is why i am not looking foreward to it ,its a feeling not a statement or true fact just my feeling

Now can i ask what the above statement has to do with real Nascar

But its a video game and for me the ease of pushing one another will be particularly easy in my opinion that they may address

Which i dont find realistic ,which is why i am not looking foreward to it ,its a feeling not a statement or true fact just my feeling

Now can i ask what the above statement has to do with real Nascar
Ok its a video game,I get it.People want realism,which SMS does quite a good job at replicating.
This is why bump drafing is not allowed because of aero packages.

Or perhaps this will help.

Ok its a video game,I get it.People want realism,which SMS does quite a good job at replicating.
This is why bump drafing is not allowed because of aero packages.

Or perhaps this will help.

And thats my point!! When players know how easy it is to bump draft on this game realism will go out the window
which is why i wrote in my opening statement I AM NOT LOOKING FOREWARD TO IT

And thats my point!! When players know how easy it is to bump draft on this game realism will go out the window
which is why i wrote in my opening statement I AM NOT LOOKING FOREWARD TO IT
Are you watching the race now?
In this game if you bump,the cars go squirlly.
In NASCAR if you bump, the cars go squirlly! Sounds like SMS has it bang on.
So drafting,not "bump drafting" will dictate who gets to the front.

Are you watching the race now?
In this game if you bump,the cars go squirlly.
In NASCAR if you bump, the cars go squirlly! Sounds like SMS has it bang on.
So drafting,not "bump drafting" will dictate who gets to the front.

Are you sure you have tried pushing or bump drafting on this game?

The ovals are done. Screen shots of them near completed have been on WMD's site forever.
SMS are just trying to maximize profits by releasing it in a lull, no doubt right around thanksgiving or Christmas.
It's been in their back pocket waiting for a while.
Or perhaps as mentioned above.
When Daytona comes around in January?
It's definitely meant to hook some new U.S. Players and maximize coin.

Back