Are we ever going to get any oval tracks?

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 86 comments
thanks for the info, now i understand why so many people complain about it :P, I guess they were testing PD marketing techniques
Uhhh...no...
Courtesy of @Alxander in the DLC thread...
pcars_dlcs-jpg.462584

I have a bunch of oldies as well... On our side of the pound Nascar 03-06 were some of the best racing games... Some of their ideas were awesome...F1 was great as well...

It's just sad that we can't get a good Nascar game nowadays. Smh. I agree that Nascar 03-06 was the best Nascar games we had.

It's just sad that we can't get a good Nascar game nowadays. Smh. I agree that Nascar 03-06 was the best Nascar games we had.
There is hope!! Some of the guys that bought out EXT worked on those EA games...No offense to Europeans but they know nothing about NASCAR...EXT just never could grasp the sport...

There is hope!! Some of the guys that bought out EXT worked on those EA games...No offense to Europeans but they know nothing about NASCAR...EXT just never could grasp the sport...

Yea. That's the main reason why i got hope. If Ed martin wasn't with this group i would be worried. I just want them to deliver.

You gotta be kidding... I think we've all been far and beyond patient ...

How? This isn't PD or T10, it's SMS version basically of crowdfunding with investing and then using that along with the few sponsors to basically build a game. They're their own dev company and don't fall under any larger entity. And you and I and many others have bought this game with this knowledge and yet some of us (you) can't seem to clearly see that it takes more time than the average group who has the resources to pump out tons of DLC.

How? This isn't PD or T10, it's SMS version basically of crowdfunding with investing and then using that along with the few sponsors to basically build a game. They're their own dev company and don't fall under any larger entity. And you and I and many others have bought this game with this knowledge and yet some of us (you) can't seem to clearly see that it takes more time than the average group who has the resources to pump out tons of DLC.
That's fine but if you cannot put out DLC like the big guys don't advertise that you can...Simply really...

That's fine but if you cannot put out DLC like the big guys don't advertise that you can...Simply really...
Who are these big guys and how much DLC have they pumped out in the first 5 months after release compared to PCars DLC at this point?

Who are these big guys and how much DLC have they pumped out in the first 5 months after release compared to PCars DLC at this point?

My thoughts exactly. There are definite issues in this game that need attention, and people are understandably impatient for bug fixes for many of the issues. I understand people complaining about that. What I don't understand is people complaining that SMS haven't put out enough DLC in the first 5 months...

Considering we haven't got this month's DLC yet, we have only gotten four months worth of DLC to assess, and it stands at 2 circuits, each with multiple configurations, and 28 cars. 28 bloody cars in four months and people are still whinging!?

As for NASCAR, there is a hilarious thread over at the official forum full of impatient people carrying on saying SMS are ignoring them and the NASCAR and ovals will never come etc. etc.

You just have to realise, as hard as it may be to comprehend, that the world doesn't revolve around you, and that the content you want will come when it's ready. I personally don't give a damn about NASCAR or ovals as I find it the most boring form of motorsport, just my opinion. I'm really hanging out for the historic DLC, but you won't see me carrying on at SMS because I don't have it yet. I'll just patiently wait until they start teasing it, and then I'll ride the hype train all the way to 1960's Spa Francorchamps! :D

TL;DR - Patience, they're pumping out DLC at a huge rate, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. There are definite issues in this game that need attention, and people are understandably impatient for bug fixes for many of the issues. I understand people complaining about that. What I don't understand is people complaining that SMS haven't put out enough DLC in the first 5 months...

Considering we haven't got this month's DLC yet, we have only gotten four months worth of DLC to assess, and it stands at 2 circuits, each with multiple configurations, and 28 cars. 28 bloody cars in four months and people are still whinging!?

As for NASCAR, there is a hilarious thread over at the official forum full of impatient people carrying on saying SMS are ignoring them and the NASCAR and ovals will never come etc. etc.

You just have to realise, as hard as it may be to comprehend, that the world doesn't revolve around you, and that the content you want will come when it's ready. I personally don't give a damn about NASCAR or ovals as I find it the most boring form of motorsport, just my opinion. I'm really hanging out for the historic DLC, but you won't see me carrying on at SMS because I don't have it yet. I'll just patiently wait until they start teasing it, and then I'll ride the hype train all the way to 1960's Spa Francorchamps! :D

TL;DR - Patience, they're pumping out DLC at a huge rate, it's only a matter of time.
And I hope you don't have to wait for the 12th of never to get it...Ovals are not only for nascar ... I understand that most Europeans don't like nascar but on the same hand most of us "yanks " couldn't care to bits about F1 or touring (toy ) cars... I however respect and am a big fan of all motorsports... Just wondering when some ovals are showing up...

Hey I didn't say it the other dude did lol...

Don't cop out with that, and put words in my mouth. You just said it yourself and have been this entire thread with the rant about asinine oval tracks. Great you like them, but dont bring down a game cause they don't have them yet. Clearly it wasn't their first goal and from what I remember (someone can correct me) during the alpha and beta build they did have oval tracks. My guess is they had to take them out for one reason or another most likely licensing issues.

Point is you are already giving this dev team crap because of a minor thing they don't have when many of the bigger games claim they'll have something and take more than a year to put it in. I'd say this group is doing as good of a job if not better on a smaller budget and meeting similar to earlier time tables on less.

And I hope you don't have to wait for the 12th of never to get it...Ovals are not only for nascar ... I understand that most Europeans don't like nascar but on the same hand most of us "yanks " couldn't care to bits about F1 or touring (toy ) cars... I however respect and am a big fan of all motorsports... Just wondering when some ovals are showing up...

How so? There are plenty of yanks that enjoy things far outside ovals. If they didn't IMSA and SCCA would have died some decades ago. Don't exaggerate what you like on the rest of us. I've been a NASCAR fan most of my life (20+) years but most people find it boring to see them go left at 34 of the 36 races on the calendar.

Last edited:
Just as most people find the hardy any passing on road courses unequal cars of F1 boring... Yes they had ovals on beta!! Two years ago...Must be a big problem...

Shew...Ok I give up... Can't fight the defenders of the faith... Peace and happy racing to all...

What faith, you asked a question that unless we're on the dev team, or have some power of the stars to see the future wont be answered by anyone on here. Then as you progress you bash the game, and not just the game but other racing series as if NASCAR is the Supreme Race (punny), anyways as you said moving on.

What faith, you asked a question that unless we're on the dev team, or have some power of the stars to see the future wont be answered by anyone on here. Then as you progress you bash the game, and not just the game but other racing series as if NASCAR is the Supreme Race (punny), anyways as you said moving on.
: )

Well I'm not European, and I honestly don't give a damn what you care about. Not trying to be nasty or anything, just being honest. I know Ovals aren't just for NASCAR, but you yourself were speaking about NASCAR which is why I commented on it. Oval racing is for people who think excitement is all about number of overtakes. I am more interested in technology and watching drivers actually have to work for an overtake, which is why I don't like oval racing. I also don't see how touring cars are toys.... Please, come over here and tell some V8 Supercar fans how awesome NASCAR is and how our touring cars are toys... :lol:

Just as most people find the hardy any passing on road courses unequal cars of F1 boring... Yes they had ovals on beta!! Two years ago...Must be a big problem...

Those people being casual racing fans who don't have a clue what real racing is. F1 has stupid gimmicks like DRS and designed to degrade tyres now because of fans like that.
I prefer watching a driver fight hard for an overtake for 20 laps than see 20 easy overtakes in one lap.

I am an automotive technology fan boy (lol), so I like how much brilliant engineering goes into F1 cars, and to me NASCAR has the most boring, basic, spec cars in any top flight motorsport series. I find even the difference in the aero philosophies of tiny cascade wings in F1 vastly more interesting than watching NASCAR. I spend hours at a time reading over at F1Technical.net because of my love of the engineering.

As far as "unequal cars" being boring, you just have to take a look at V8 Supercars. Yes they are more or less a spec series now, but in Australia, most fans consider the days of Group A touring car rules as the heyday of Australian touring car racing. Back then we had all kinds of different cars racing each other, and each brought different strengths to the table.

I also don't get your point that "most people" find F1 boring, as I doubt "most people" are even into motorsport at all. If you're talking about most racing fans, then I think you'd find more racing fans are into F1 worldwide than oval racing. SMS know the market they are targeting, and this is why ovals aren't high on their agenda. Don't like it? Go play a NASCAR game.

Yeah and bet you have lunch with Mario Andretti talk tech all day... lol... Spare me the supped up go cart speech...And btw I don't give a damn what you like either...C -Ya...

Yeah and bet you have lunch with Mario Andretti talk tech all day... lol... Spare me the supped up go cart speech...And btw I don't give a damn what you like either...C -Ya...

Nice way to reinforce stereotypes mate. :rolleyes:

I'd prefer to read about, or watch, a "supped up go cart" than a car whose most modern tech comes from the 70's...

The ignorance and arrogance on this page...:rolleyes:

Can't we all just get along without the bashing of different series by calling them "boring" or "toys" and the ignorant false assumptions that "Oval racing is for people who think excitement is all about number of overtakes" or "Just as most people find the hardy any passing on road courses unequal cars of F1 boring"?
*Those quotes are from both sides of this argument by the way.

I'm probably the minority with this position, but I love both oval racing and circuit racing. Each has their super exciting moments and their not so great ones too. So imo, there's nothing to bash about.

Last edited:
I prefer circuit racing over oval for sure but oval has its appeal also, some tracks more so than others. While to many people oval racing may seem easy it is far from it when you start competing with a group of good drivers with well tuned cars.

The fact that there are no ovals at present is reason to want them added to the game and should be added sooner rather than later. Additional circuits would be nice but ovals should get higher priority at this point, tracks like Indy and Daytona have both an oval and a road course so those should appeal at least a little to everyone. It would be nice to see the Twin Ring Motegi also as it has one of the better oval layouts and 3 road course layouts as well.

I know a few people who have been wanting these ovals since well before the release of the game and would be thrilled to see them in the next DLC pack.

In the end we will get what we get when we get it but there are a lot of oval racing fans out there who would be happy to get even one good oval layout right away.

Forza 5 had 60+ cars and 2 tracks in the first 5 months. The tracks were free as well :P
Tracks that should have been included in the game at release. How many tracks did FM5 have again? And how many did PCars have at release?

PCars has a very good selection of circuits, just missing a few oval.

Forza always releases car packs usually there is one on release day which means it should have been included but wasn't.

...No offense to Europeans but they know nothing about NASCAR...
Therein lies some of your answers you bitter little man child.

SMS is a European company, they’re creating what they know best. Based on the pettiness you’ve been spewing in this thread I have little doubt if SMS did “rush” out an oval track you’d be the first person in here complaining if there was the smallest of issues with the track.

It works both ways too you know…no offense to Americans but they know nothing about the racing that dominates the rest of the World.

And btw, Ovals suck, Parcells doesn’t want them and in keeping with the nastiness theme you’ve contributed to here I don’t care what you think about that.

Back