Assetto Corsa Competizione 2020 World Challenge Pack Coming Soon to PC

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 95 comments
Did that happen already? It's 5pm here in Australia. Saw a tweet with someone saying they enjoyed all the strwaming. I see nothing on the Assetto Corsa page.

This game is getting expensive imo. I paid £25 for the game, but because I didn't pre order I have to pay for the IGTC pack which is £11.99 and now the GT4 pack which is £15.99.

That brings the total to £52.98 and now there's another DLC pack which will probably cost around £15. I thought I was getting a bargain when I purchased it, but it's turning into a bit of a p*** take if you ask me. Especially considering how badly the game runs on my PS4 original.

Last edited:
upload_2020-11-18_15-14-36.png

This game is getting expensive imo. I paid £25 for the game, but because I didn't pre order I have to pay for the IGTC pack which is £11.99 and now the GT4 pack which is £15.99.

That brings the total to £52.98 and now there's another DLC pack which will probably cost around £15. I thought I was getting a bargain when I purchased it, but it's turning into a bit of a p*** take if you ask me. Especially considering how badly the game runs on my PS4 original.

Unfortunately those that didn't pre-order or just got into ACC are short on ICGT ,without paying more, content. The season pass is still the best option. You'll get the forthcoming British GT dlc and probably the new stuff just released for PC, when it drops for consoles.

In a lengthy and rather technical post by Aris regarding the improved tyre model this in particular caught my eye (and especially the bolded part):

"Research and better data resulted in an improved simulation in the generation and scaling of tyre-realignment forces and their relative influence on tyre grip. The improved tyre model remains more constant in over- and around-the-limit grip, as it is influenced by the realignment forces to a lesser degree. Still, the resulting forces pass through the suspension geometry, which creates a leverage of finally feeding into the steering wheel. We believe that the end result is more communicative FFB and better response of tyre grip.

In close-to-limit situations and especially transition situations such as chicanes or light-load scenarios, when the grip decreases to levels that were making the realignment forces more prominent, the behaviour is now more stable. Mid-engined cars, such as the Lamborghini and Audi, and the Porsche should showcase improved stability in such scenarios. Those cars are by design extremely agile, but can also become unstable in fast direction changes and therefore ask for precise inputs. Now they can be driven more aggressively and have increased ability to change lines while on and around the limit. They should also feel more stable in turn in under trail-braking conditions even on crests and downhill sections, reducing or even eliminating the undesired "oversteer when releasing the brakes" effect that had a tendency to happen before.

Obviously, all of the above has an effect on the force feedback, and we think that it’s now even more communicative. That extra communication from the FFB might give the impression of a more edgy tyre, while in reality the grip is stable, which is the reason why the tyres are more responsive around the limit. Try to trust the tyre and see what happens. We are confident that after a bit of practice you will notice and take advantage of the improved feel.
"

That oversteer has been probably my biggest issue (albeit a small issue overall) with the handling. Will be interesting to test. :)

In a lengthy and rather technical post by Aris regarding the improved tyre model this in particular caught my eye (and especially the bolded part):

"Research and better data resulted in an improved simulation in the generation and scaling of tyre-realignment forces and their relative influence on tyre grip. The improved tyre model remains more constant in over- and around-the-limit grip, as it is influenced by the realignment forces to a lesser degree. Still, the resulting forces pass through the suspension geometry, which creates a leverage of finally feeding into the steering wheel. We believe that the end result is more communicative FFB and better response of tyre grip.

In close-to-limit situations and especially transition situations such as chicanes or light-load scenarios, when the grip decreases to levels that were making the realignment forces more prominent, the behaviour is now more stable. Mid-engined cars, such as the Lamborghini and Audi, and the Porsche should showcase improved stability in such scenarios. Those cars are by design extremely agile, but can also become unstable in fast direction changes and therefore ask for precise inputs. Now they can be driven more aggressively and have increased ability to change lines while on and around the limit. They should also feel more stable in turn in under trail-braking conditions even on crests and downhill sections, reducing or even eliminating the undesired "oversteer when releasing the brakes" effect that had a tendency to happen before.

Obviously, all of the above has an effect on the force feedback, and we think that it’s now even more communicative. That extra communication from the FFB might give the impression of a more edgy tyre, while in reality the grip is stable, which is the reason why the tyres are more responsive around the limit. Try to trust the tyre and see what happens. We are confident that after a bit of practice you will notice and take advantage of the improved feel.
"

That oversteer has been probably my biggest issue (albeit a small issue overall) with the handling. Will be interesting to test. :)
I can happily confirm this is the case.

rX8uXGf.jpg

TGzA5e3.jpg

Ru0CqSo.jpg

NWLQMMR.jpg

cg7B2MU.jpg

cY6hzKA.jpg

Last edited:
I love what they’re doing, but I think this game is sorely lacking in tracks
I don't disagree, BUT... ;) ... we do have the official tracks that these real racers race on. Some, don't get to race at them all as we can. Some may never get to race at them all.

It's not a problem, yet, that the problem. We can take a day to race at every circuit in the game. Then what? Race at them again.
If we, as players, only raced on weekends like real racers, there'd feel like plenty of tracks and not enough time to race them all. :)

I don't know if it's me, but I can feel the limit now instead of guestimating like before. I can feel the grip liven up as I approach a turn at speed. Then feel it fade away as I go play in the sand :lol: Still just using the 2019 Porsche, this session was with the aggressive setup at Imola <3

Jerome

I only had time to drive a few laps yesterday. Has anyone formed an opinion on the new AI yet?
@Scaff?
It's better than it was, certainly seems to try and Pitt you less than its used to from the time I spent with it last night.

While it's not up to R3E standard yet, its certainly an improvement in the right direction.

I only had time to drive a few laps yesterday. Has anyone formed an opinion on the new AI yet?
@Scaff?

Had a yellow in sector 3 at Brands when two cars came together at Stirling resulting in one facing the opposite way , That I have never experienced before.
The order of ai cars was shuffling around more whilst racing quick race at Monza and I had some good side by side racing with them.
I was using 95 skill and 98 aggression.
Overall its a move in the right direction and I look forward to more time in the rig.

I'm still finishing my 2019 season in the Amg and then I'll start 2020 season in the updated evo model.

Kind of bummed we are only getting Imola, but considering the short notice and that being the only track they already had a mostly complete version of I’m fine with it.

Plus with Magny Cours being on the calendar for next year there is at least hope we will eventually get a French track that isn’t a parking lot that took acid.
Paul Ricard circuit definitely is a weird layout to race on. Also hate Its track limit style without grass. It can get very confusing let alone in the beginning while learning it.

Not that bad on F1 cars though, which I think it is the category this track was designed for

I like the he challenge of Paul Ricard. Still trying to keep my corner speed up, after the back straight, without going wide. It's good though. There are tracks real drivers like and some they loathe.

As someone who plays on all Low graphics settings, I wish there's an option to download only low res liveries/textures. 2.2 GB for only 1 track and 2 cars is :crazy:

Interested to feel the new tyre model. I never felt the MR cars to be unstable (especially compared to the GT Sport's MR deathtraps), so I'll probably be ambivalent towards the new model.

Is Magny Cours coming in the future once travel restrictions are lifted, or are they giving up on it completely?

EDIT: Ok, finally tried the 2 new cars. The new tyres do seem more progressive when they start to slide, but personally it makes the car too understeery with the default setups. I like the razor edge feeling of the old tyres more. I'm pretty sure the behaviour can be tuned out, but I didn't have the time to tinker around. I don't know if Kunos adjusted the default setups to fit the new tyre model either.

Last edited:
Is Magny Cours coming in the future once travel restrictions are lifted, or are they giving up on it completely?
The only word on this I've seen on the official forums is this one from panky: "We'll worry about that when there is an end to the pandemic on the radar, which the last time I checked is only getting worse. For the time being we are happy we can keep working and bringing new content at all."
So knowing Kunos that kinda sounds like a "yes it's coming" in my book. :)

Doesn anyone knows will it be included in PS4's Season Pass? On PSStore there is info it contains both GT4 DLC pack and British Gt... But no news about 2020 World Challenge pack.

Back