Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,051 comments
Have you actually driven the MR2s that I posted yesterday, the ones that led to all the edgy comments in the first place? I spent hours in them yesterday and there was nothing yawnworthy about them at all.
Just look at his name :lol: I don't think he knows that the MR2 used to hold it's own against the Supra

No idea WTF you're talking about, but let me guess. You're probably running with max traction control and default suspension settings, right? Well, that's a very safe setup designed to keep rookies out of the grass. Turn off the TC, increase your rear roll stiffness and up the rebound on your rear dampers. Now run about 2 clicks on the front aero and 5 on the rear.

Now. Try that and tell me the car has "huge grip". These cars *did* have a fair amount of (mainly mechanical) grip, and were fairly benign (easy) to drive. What's not easy is getting those last few .01s's. To do that, you have to tune the setup and make the car much more unstable. It sounds like you just went with the stock setup (including TC) and decided it was "too easy".

Yes indeed I had that incredible TC on. Since the real car don't have TC I didn't pay atention to that setting and it was on by default. Simply I didn't remember to check it out. Still very unrealistic effect if you put in on, total arcade, no one car behives that way with TC.
But yes, once you disable that fantasy, the car behaves much more realistic and much more like the beast it is in reality.

I hope more mod creators use real settings and electronics in their creations. At the end of the day, this is a freaking simulator.

Last edited:
In other news:

Sol1_0_release.jpg
Where??

Have you actually driven the MR2s that I posted yesterday, the ones that led to all the edgy comments in the first place? I spent hours in them yesterday and there was nothing yawnworthy about them at all.

I was talking about in real life yes. Not behind a keyboard.

Just look at his name :lol: I don't think he knows that the MR2 used to hold it's own against the Supra

Boy, theres two ultra low bars to compare too, well done :lol:
Its a boring street car, and a couple of you get so up in a knot over it. Did it hold its own against a 1989 VW Scirroco too?! :lol::lol:

Boy, theres two ultra low bars to compare too, well done :lol:
Its a boring street car, and a couple of you get so up in a knot over it. Did it hold its own against a 1989 VW Scirroco too?! :lol::lol:
This a thread to share and discuss Assetto Corsa mods, just in case you hadn't realised. It's a nice, friendly community. If you just want to be edgy and try to wind people up then you might have more success elsewhere.

Oooooooooooooh so you mean the 24 hour cycle!

Question, I've upgraded my PC. I'm about to set a SSD drive as my operating system. Steam folder will remain untouched in my secondary disk. Anyone knows if I'll have to reinstall steam, and most probably Assetto?

Oooooooooooooh so you mean the 24 hour cycle!

Question, I've upgraded my PC. I'm about to set a SSD drive as my operating system. Steam folder will remain untouched in my secondary disk. Anyone knows if I'll have to reinstall steam, and most probably Assetto?
No you don’t

i seem to be having a problem with the shadows of cars i drive when i start a race. it mostly happens when i use the shader patch gbwsuite or custom cars or tracks but it has happened a few times without any of those installed.

Attachments

• 20190120103545_1.jpg
    20190120103545_1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 29
My google searches have led me nowhere, so I guess it's not possible. Can you fit two motors into a car? One at the front and one at the back?

I made an Abarth 595 into a 595hp/ton whippet. I'd rather it was running on two 160hp motors rather than the 320hp I've made for it.

My google searches have led me nowhere, so I guess it's not possible. Can you fit two motors into a car? One at the front and one at the back?

I made an Abarth 595 into a 595hp/ton whippet. I'd rather it was running on two 160hp motors rather than the 320hp I've made for it.

Yep, there's a couple of examples:

Forge Motorsport Golf Hillclimb

Forge-Motorsport-Mk1-Golf-4.jpg

And this thing

There are a few more that I've heard of, but these were the first I could recall

i seem to be having a problem with the shadows of cars i drive when i start a race. it mostly happens when i use the shader patch gbwsuite or custom cars or tracks but it has happened a few times without any of those installed.
than delete gbw suite, install newest shaders and SOL as posted above

I mean within the data (engine.ini etc) files in Assetto Corsa, not real life :sly:
My mistake, I thought it was more obvious due to being the AC modding thread.

Oh! :lol: Good question though. I'm not too intimate with .ini files in AC, but since adding a 2nd engine in the boot would result in, mainly: adding a second gearbox, therefore a new drivetrain for the rear wheels. Adding weight and different balancing. With that, you could punch some numbers to account for that, but then again, my intimacy with .ini files is scarse

I guess the game will acknowledge the last entry in the engine.ini as the definitive one, ignoring the first one. I've seen many cars with multiple driver3d.ini configurations. The game simply loads the last one in order.

Damn. I've been meaning to recommend this car for the last few days and then I kept forgetting to post it.
IYeuh4i.jpg

N2T0RLK.jpg

wpmOsve.jpg

ErYtKqe.jpg

There are 3 scratch-made versions of the Toyota MR2: Base, Tuned & Time Attack. The Base might be a little underwhelming to those who need speed to enjoy a car, but the Tuned version should please everyone - same thing with the Time Attack.

These cars were made by: Dariusz Przygoda
Hosted on his private group FB page: Dareks's Car Mods - Assetto Corsa
He is an extremely talented AC Modder - I highly suggest joining the group. He doesn't put out 1 car a week - his builds take time and you can see why. He does have a few other cars posted in the Files section of his group page.

If you share this 3 car pack, please leave the original ReadMe.txt files in the archive along with the car's body template.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!6QhF0AqA!j79JgWbOMQ8P069kgMDZUjgUwpBGUcd2KAFlgGadgbM

Hi, is this car available?
Thanks

Could anyone test the Sunbeam Tiger and tell me if there are LOD's missing? You know, when the car is far and only the driver is visible. The weird thing is that I'm not seeing that problem on youtube videos. I downloaded a youtube link for the car, but the issue remains. Thanks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back