Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,792 comments
So really NO spectators at all? The track gets very lonesome without at least someones... ;)
If you really want to get rid of them all, use this in config:
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = hide some objects like crowd
FILE = solitude1964.kn5
HIDE = ?publico_bridge?, ?people?, campline01$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

Hope I didn´t overseen some. :)

But I could do something different instead, using the spectators settings of CSP to hide them if wished and make them visible again of not.
View attachment 918311

Therefore I should imo define them as spectators in config so CSP can do his magic. I have to search a bit first how to do this, but shouldn´t be a big deal. What do you thing? Imo the better way... :)

So, after inspecting my how to´s, this works for me:
Code:
[SPECTATORS]
; list of meshes used for custom spectators (not “camera_facing.ini” thing), to hide if user chose to hide spectators in certain modes
MESHES = ?publico_bridge?, ?people?, campline01$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

Use this instead of the [MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] code block I posted before and you can enable or disable all spectator as you like in a easy way. :)
I can update this in config if some more people wish to have that, too. :)

Buick GSX 1970 by Slivkas Garage

View attachment 918253

Original Model: Turn10 (Forza Horizon 4)

Support for shader patch: working turn signals, wipers, doors, refraction lights and much more.
Updated: Added lods, little optimization

https://yadi.sk/d/u9zvDdSn38T0RQ

The car will take any suggestions about upcoming corners into consideration and get back to you within three working days.

Thanks Masscot.
Can you provide another D/L link please?
osnb.png

Thanks

Thank you, where can I change the parameters for the series?
Sorry, I´m afraid I don´t really understand what exactly you need, want?
Do you want new series?
Double one series and change it to your needs, wishes.
Giving these new series back to the community would be appriciated, so I could update it for all interested ones. :)

Sorry, I´m afraid I don´t really understand what exactly you need, want?
Do you want new series?
Double one series and change it to your needs, wishes.
Giving these new series back to the community would be appriciated, so I could update it for all interested ones. :)

Where are the files to be edited?

I see
I was used to it and didn't mind.haha
Because it was better to faster speed for checking

If it change "DURATION = " in "ext_config.ini", It changes variously.
20 was double speed.
Data is about 42 seconds.
So If it is around 40, it will be the original speed.
Thank you

@jk0011 That's much better. One of the helicopters actually traveled down a straightaway, just in front of me... then I watched it a little too long and ran into a wall. My fault, just watching the copter.

Changing the subject... Lighting.

I've seen another post that someone thought the lights were too bright. I tend to agree, but I think the main issue may be the "distance" most of the lights are throwing. With so many lights doing the same thing, cumulatively, everything is much brighter than it should be. The most noticeable affect is how the underside of bridges, parking garages, and other trackside structures are very, unrealistically, bright, when they should be quite dim, or barely lit from their own lighting.

In addition, there's so much light in some areas, that the driver and inside of the cockpit can be practically blinding at times, and the shadows around the driver and cockpit are practically wiped out when this happens.

Also, maybe the larger trackside buildings' lighting could be "turned down" a little, as our eyes (and cameras) adjust for the brightness of the track lights, so all outer environmental lights, beyond the track lights, are mostly overpowered. They appear much darker, unless we can look beyond or move outside of the track lights and allow our eyes to adjust to see them

Of course, trying to replicate this is likely incredibly difficult. I know we have to work within the constraints of what AC's lighting system will do, and getting any lights in 3D to do what you want can be a major headache. Add to this, there's so many lights to contend with.

In this video, notice you only see "twinkles" of lights from the surrounding buildings, and that most of the actual structures are barely visible.

As for my comments, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, or be extensively critical. I think it's pretty good, but with some tweaks, could be even better. With so many lights, and I mean A LOT of lights, if every one would need to be edited, individually, to change this... yeah, trying to adjust and make changes is a very tedious task, unless a find-and-replace procedure within the config file would alleviate most of that. Of course, backing up previous versions, and working on a test copy of the config file would be necessary and a safe approach in case things get really messed up (as sometimes happens on my projects).

Last edited by a moderator:
Enkay74 said that he would try to solve this problem. Temporary solution is to take kn5 file from Rollovers TCR mod (wtcr_civic_type_r_fk7_wtcr.kn5) and rename it to btcc_civic_type_r_fk7.kn5 - worked for me.
The new tcr civic doesn't available anymore .
Can you send me please the kn5 file please ?
cheers

There are these preview pics for different DIY-Championsships for AC. Maybe this can be an inspiration for racing-series: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/content-manager-custom-championships-previews.26559/

cattura-png.303422
Yapp, I know. As you can see on main page https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/content-manager-custom-championships-previews.26559/
I asked for permissions to possible reuse them last September but never got an answer. :(
Sorry, I don´t know if this would be Ok for "Danny De Barba". I can try to contact him per PM to get his permission, but as long I don´t have it, I would prefer using icons with permissions.
I think we can all agree on that. :)

Could I make a small request of you and others when linking to mod cars, could you please just pop a one or two word comment as to whether the mod you're linking is encrypted or not encrypted, would save me some hassle going through my download and installation checks, thanks.
Don't they work properly?
Edit: ah previews locked?
I think all of this guy's cars are encrypted.

Last edited:
WAITING...
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about how rude and entitled this looks.
It's not my car, not my original link, and not even my type of car. I just shared it in case some other people might appreciate it. I don't have the car any more so can't reupload it for you, I'm afraid. Have you searched by author? I'm not even at home anyway. Google will take you straight there.
Apologies for failing in my duty as Mod Reuploader General. I definitely deserve to be fired from this position. In fact - I resign with immediate effect.
;)

Last edited:
It's not my car, not my original link, and not even my type of car. I just shared it in case some other people might appreciate it. I don't have the car any more so can't reupload it for you, I'm afraid. Have you searched by author? I'm not even at home anyway. Google will take you straight there.
Apologies for failing in my duty as Mod Reuploader General. I definitely deserve to be fired from this position. In fact - I resign with immediate effect.
Haha I just signed up on gtplanet beating the laziness, despite a few months following the thread, to be able to like this post by Masscot, not sure if the WAITING post was more rude or more ridiculous, anyway.. thank you to every modder and guy on this forum for your relentless job to make assetto corsa a better game, day by day!! :cheers:

After a 5-day hiatus, Assettoland has finally uploaded some mods, including the Audi Q7 V12 that i've recently updated.

On another subject, i've been inspired by a post from GIBBONS a few pages back, so i decided to update the 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata by Kunos and here's a list of issues:
  • Massive drag coefficient preventing the car from reaching it's advertised max speed.
  • Incorrect power/torque output. Kunos' car has 115hp/135Nm at the wheels! So basically, the game is treating it as the 1.8-litre version released in 1994.
  • Incorrect curb weight. Real-life curb weight (kg) is 955kg, not 1,040.
  • Incorrect fuel capacity. The 1990 model has a 45-litre fuel tank as opposed to 48.
  • Three-ground colliders as opposed to one. Usually, unless really necessary, one ground collider is enough, since they consume CPU, especially in large grids.
  • Incorrect redline. Current value (rpm) is 7,250 instead of 7,000.
  • Incorrect final-drive ratio: In-game value is 4.10:1, when it should be 4.30:1.

Last edited:
;)
Naah... You let him of too easy. Had my popcorn ready and everything. ;)

haha It's me again with something strange again... ;)

This Nissan drives ok but when I go into trackday/race mode the AI Nissan has become a kind of low rider and drives accordingly. Don't tell me there is a button you can press like the old Citroens with hydraulic suspension.

vxgdg.jpg

When starting with AI it seems the AI is thrown on the track and then the suspension breaks and my car is ok?! Cheating 2.0

This should be an easy fix. I'll get to the files and get something working. I have the other stock one already but it would be nice to have both regions.

This should be the original package just downloaded so far and reuploaded to a different hoster:
https://we.tl/t-RoCNUpoE8t
Thank you very much for that. I tried signing up for that yandex crap and it's a mess. I don't know if my ad block is affecting it or what but half the time I don't know what's going on because google doesn't translate everything right.

Not for me no, but that's because I edit literally every car mod that I download. If I can't fix it to how I like it then it gets deleted.
Yes. About 95% of the cars I try get opened up and something done to them. Especially when the model is good and there's just minor issues that can be changed in data. AC has become a Tinker Fest Simulator more than a Driving Simulator. :D

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back