Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
hi guys, I have never had this before...cant start any car or track through cm.
Untitled.png

edit: sorry was me, I broke something but fixed it now

Last edited:
A little update for Monza:

Chicane Ascari, done, it's a mix from 1972 and 1974 one, the layout of the chicane is the 1974 so the same than today, but the overall terrain is the 1972, it's a innacuracy that I assume
There is not real document about the exact form of the first iteration of this chicane. By the way it's a good mix I think.

I have not included yet the rail guard in this part, and the surronding terrain will e modified to have the complet road width available.
Keep in mind it's just a basic extension, there is no attend to have a kunos quality for the layout version, but just to complete some forgotten years of Monza.
View attachment 919399
View attachment 919401 View attachment 919402

the 1971 version is nearly finished aswell, for 71 and 72-5 layout there won't be junior layout playable, I think to make a collision wall on this part of the track, to have guard rails.
Do some search and find this old video footage where you can see ascari variante

An amateur video with lot of details (1974)

A video footage of the 1974 gp, here you can see the enter of ascari

Hope that could help you

Hi fellas, sorry for the quite strange post but I searched far and wide for some way to contact x4fab(CSP and CM author) and I didn't find anything.
While using the new Formula Americas I had an idea to create rolling starts in singleplayer but I don't know how plausible is it.

In CSP "new AI behaviour" section there's this AI cooldown lap feature wich i love. Similar to Pcars2, allows the race to continue and lets the AI go back to the pits after the finish line, limiting their speeds. Couldn't this be used to the start of the race as well? It would be a great imemrsion, especially since is also possible to start the race from the pits (tried it myself, it's just a line to change in race.ini)

So, can anybody help me find some way to contact x4fab?

The cool down has always been there, its not possible to do rolling starts. The cool down lap is just the AI following its AI line at a reduced speed (from what I remember). There'd be no way to have them all bunch up 2x2 nose to tail in an orderly fashion. There's only one AI line and it would be a dumpster fire.

It would be cool but If it was possible, Ilja would have done it long ago.

I’ll be honest everyone this is totally off topic but I suppose I just need to vent. At the moment everyone has problems and I’m aware of that. I guess this will probably affect some of you as well and with a degree of complete anonymity I feel I can speak freely without judgement!

I’ve now been stuck at home like many of you for 2 months I think? Before then my wife and I had already been social distancing as she had pneumonia in December and is also an asthma sufferer. She is currently in the shielding program.

Now my boss has been great, the business is open but so far he has not expected me back at work. Reasons being to keep any possible infection I could catch at work being passed on to my wife. Moreover after my Mother died last year this also brought on some mental health issues for her too and the thought of leaving her alone troubles me, not because she would do anything stupid more that it has made the situation all the more difficult.

I lye awake at night juggling this conundrum of family over work, work over family, I can’t stay at home forever but once I’ve left and moved in with my Dad I can’t easily come back and with rumour of the UK shielding program potentially last months I really don’t know what the fook I’m supposed to do????

sorry!

I made some fixes for myself to BTCC car pack, the 2019 season, and am posting it here if someone wants them. The credits go to the original creators, this are just small fixes. You still need btcc 2.1 pack from Shaun Clarke (https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads), 2019 skinpack from enkay74 (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/btcc-2019-21-car-skin-pack.183206/), this additional cars (links from readme inside enkay's pack):

- Vauxhall Astra: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p4n50fy3qs1jnx5/btcc_vauxhall_astra_V2.zip/file
- BMW M220i: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ayduhec6upywl9/btcc_bmw_220i.zip/file
- Mercedes A45: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5689gavmezh9qst/btcc_mercedes_a45_V2.zip/file

and these 3 cars from my zip (fixes):
- BMW 125i M s1 (fixed power, as it was to slow for others)
- Subaru WRX BTCC s1 (fixed rims not spinning)
- Honda Civic FK7 btcc s1 (fixed car not loading and crashing the game)

Link to my zip

"My" cars do not overwrite the default cars, but are added as seperate cars with s1 suffix. Cars are extremly well balanced and no additional BOP is needed. Have fun and do try the new bmw m220i, it is excellent.

Thank you for the updates was going to try and sort them out at some point as like you said the BMW’s where far to slow ,

I’ll be honest everyone this is totally off topic but I suppose I just need to vent. At the moment everyone has problems and I’m aware of that. I guess this will probably affect some of you as well and with a degree of complete anonymity I feel I can speak freely without judgement!

I’ve now been stuck at home like many of you for 2 months I think? Before then my wife and I had already been social distancing as she had pneumonia in December and is also an asthma sufferer. She is currently in the shielding program.

Now my boss has been great, the business is open but so far he has not expected me back at work. Reasons being to keep any possible infection I could catch at work being passed on to my wife. Moreover after my Mother died last year this also brought on some mental health issues for her too and the thought of leaving her alone troubles me, not because she would do anything stupid more that it has made the situation all the more difficult.

I lye awake at night juggling this conundrum of family over work, work over family, I can’t stay at home forever but once I’ve left and moved in with my Dad I can’t easily come back and with rumour of the UK shielding program potentially last months I really don’t know what the fook I’m supposed to do????

sorry!
Between the lines I read a lot of similarities...indeed tough times. Take care and stay strong and that's sometimes easier said then done.

Last edited:
The cool down has always been there, its not possible to do rolling starts. The cool down lap is just the AI following its AI line at a reduced speed (from what I remember). There'd be no way to have them all bunch up 2x2 nose to tail in an orderly fashion. There's only one AI line and it would be a dumpster fire.

It would be cool but If it was possible, Ilja would have done it long ago.

It is something though. Just having the AI line up at rolling start speed would avoid the frustrating standing start with oval-indycars struggling to get speed. And a there may be a wild method to line them up 2x2... initiating an overtake technique gets the ai to move to the left/right of the car in front. With reduced throttle, initiating the manouver wouldn't get them anywehre BUT they would move.

Two questions:
1) In Monaco_66, the large "Longines" billboard at tabac fades into white on the left side as one approaches it from past the chicane. Is there another file replacement fix for this billboard that keeps the "Longines" steady?

2) The Ferrari 312_68, for example, goes up through the gearshifts fine (in automatic transmission) but it will not self downshift to a lower gear as it needs to do when encountering a slower turn. Is there an adjustment in the data folder files of the car somewhere that can trigger the automatic downshifts?

Two questions:
1) In Monaco_66, the large "Longines" billboard at tabac fades into white on the left side as one approaches it from past the chicane. Is there another file replacement fix for this billboard that keeps the "Longines" steady?...
Yapp, I fixed that in Monaco faux 72 as it´s based on Monaco 1966.
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = SPONSORM_DECAL
SHADER = ksPerPixel
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
As quick fix put this block of code into the end of ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\monaco_1966.ini and it should be gone. :)

The Ferrari 312_68, for example, goes up through the gearshifts fine (in automatic transmission) but it will not self downshift to a lower gear as it needs to do when encountering a slower turn. Is there an adjustment in the data folder files of the car somewhere that can trigger the automatic downshifts?

Very few cars, original or mods treat the auto user with any respect, if you use automatic then it seems you deserve the penalty of slow shifts, well below the optimal shift point and murderous engine braking on downshifts.
I use auto quite alot my self but have somewhat given up on tuning the autoclutch and downshift timings to make the downshifts clean, so I downshift manually.

The 312/68 is one of mine so I'll revisit that and see if I can't get a result. Your mileage may vary as half the time the automatic gearbox seems to give up itself and not change down or even up sometimes.

Anyway better to drop a comment at the blog or PM me here as I'm sure I could have missed your post especially as this thread is getting super popular and I am in fact skimming it and not keeping up at all.

drivetrain.ini has all the shift parameters in it.

There is a new, this time useful ;), update to ACU Interlagos 2018. Not only the new wec skin covers all that hidious f1 signage, but there is also a texture upgrade and a new AI line (finally!! cars don't cut the last corner and end up in the wall). But do copy the fast_lane to data folder and rename it to ideal_line.ai and and no more half of the field piting on first lap, and the other half on the second. Good update.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/interlagos-add-ons.32926/

Last edited:
slider666:
I thank you very much. I'll put that in. By the way, I have enjoyed your updates and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you also for those - very nicely done !

GzeroD:
I love your cars, thanks. I understand that the quickest way around is manual shifting. Fact is that automatic lets me enjoy the action and scene and race moves a little more than concentrating on mechanics. Then when I'm mad at somebody (unrelated to racing) I get serious and want the grind of self shifting around Monaco. Haha. Please...if you can update the 312_68 automatic downshifting or tell me which line to play with (numbers up or down meanings in a certain line) inside the drivetrain.ini I'd be grateful to you.

ERL Santa Cruz revamped
Contributor's and their improvements:

AI testing by @RobertFlagg
Track cameras by @safi hellie (thanks for the 1 day service on those! 👍)
VAO patch and track config by @slider666 (thanks, I know U were busy)
AI, track limits, outlines and map by @LiquidSkyMan
Billboards by @Masscot (thanks for taking the time)
Also included, and this is a blatant plug, is @Masscot's Balloon Fiesta for almost any track (available on RD)
Turn ur head if the pic scares U @daydrum (I never get that name right somehow! or bolded like the rest :irked:)
Balloon fiesta by Mascot.jpg

Just drop the contents of the archive into ur assettocorsa folder

erl_santacruz revamped.rar 127.8 MB
https://mega.nz/file/HlZEyAJY#KA_gqwhCQ0GYissc1WzSmgwDtvh8D8dk5XrbGqbjFBg

enjoy!

sorry!

Believe me, I know what you mean.
Due to a stupid cancer, I'm at home for two and a half years now. Will not bother people with details of my life, they are crazy.
My life isn't normal anymore. I must have tremendous living carefull. I know what is living with a mask for more than 2 years, everytime I can get out, mostly to go to hospital, mainly for treatments and exams. Lost all my vaccines and my body defences are low as hell, due 2 bone marrow transplants in 1 year.
Anyways, life is life, we get what we get. I could spam the post with weird details, but there is no need of it.
Feel free to PM.

Get well and safe.

Cheers,
Paulo.

Last edited:
...But do copy the fast_line to data folder and rename it to ideal_line.ai and and no more half of the field piting on first lap, and the other half on the second. Good update.

Hi!
Thanks for the tip. :cheers:
Sorry, but I couldn't find any fast_line, but a fast_lane.ai in ai folder. Is this the one?

sorry!
Not to say that your situation is not difficult, but sometimes it helps to take a moment of silence, count our blessings and to realize that a lot of people are in a much worse situation than ours. Then "pray" for everyone's well being.

Believe me, I know what you mean.
Due to a stupid cancer, I'm at home for two and a half years now. Will not bother people with details of my life, they are crazy.
My life isn't normal anymore. I must have tremendous living carefull. I know what is living with a mask for more than 2 years, everytime I can get out, mostly to go to hospital, mainly for treatments and exams. Lost all my vaccines and my body defences are low as hell, due 2 bone marrow transplants in 1 year.
Anyways, life is life, we get what we get. I coild spam the post with weird details, but there is no need of it.
Feel free to PM.

Get well and safe.

Cheers,
Paulo.
Thank you Paulo,

I’m sorry you are having such a tough time, and the offer of PM is mutual even if you just to write f@&kkkkkkk and send it! I don’t feel that these are things I can talk about with 3D people but just being able to share this with other people that have a common interest is helpful!

I hope that you stay safe too and that goes for everyone.

✌️

Unofficial changelog for Dan Busca's recent updates:

Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO (1989) v1.8 to v1.9
  • no changes (skins folder + audi_90_quattro_IMSA_gto_1989.kn5 + data.acd changed)

Porsche 911 993 RWB v2.7 to v2.8
  • Added low beam to lights
  • Improved gauges arrows lighting
  • Changed gear stick lighting
  • Improved most interior and exterior 3d models, 3d materials and textures
  • Added and improved normal Mapping to several textures
  • Added correct internal glass to work with rain mods
  • AO baked all skins and improved and optimized them further changing a few to look more interesting
  • Remastered and optimized 13 Gulf skin and created custom licence plate
  • Remastered and optimized Polizei skin and created custom licence plate
  • Added and improved front KoyoRad cooler
  • Added RWB customer dashboard badge
  • Added Sony speaker badge
  • Improved and changed all lights
  • Fixed reversed brakes 3d models
  • Separated and corrected UV mapping for door handles so they can be of different colours
  • Painstakingly optimized textures and skins to improve performance
  • Added many CSP features and improved existing ones
  • Improved tyre physics significantly
  • Improved aero and brakes
  • Improved aerial look and adjusted size
  • Improved seatbelt ON 3d model position and shading
  • Adjusted tyres so they connect with ground better and show a more realistic stance
  • Added different coloured seats and dashboards

Porsche 944 Turbo S (1988) v1.8 to v1.9
  • no changes (skins folder + porsche_944_turbo_s_1988.kn5 changed)

No changes doesn't mean nothing has changed. It simply means that nothing on his changelog or to-do-list changed. In those cases I at least try to mention which folder(s)/file(s) were updated.

Version 3.1 - 2020.05.12
BMW 2002 Turbo (1973)

CREDITS
- Navi Street Cars & Pitone for the base mod
- RealAKP for support, testing and 3D editing

96768067_551624412210438_422350664228667392_o.jpg

CHANGELOG

Physics
- new suspensions setup
- new dampers setup
- new tyres v10 (ACCR v2)
- corrected front caster angle
- tweaked car polar inertia
- increased differential preload torque
- corrected gear ratios (II, R)
- corrected engine braking torque and inertia
- corrected front and rear unsprung mass
- decreased transmission power loss
- increased fuel consumption
- tweaked fuel tank position
- increased FFb multiplier

Features
- turning lights
- more dashlights

Visual
-
wipers added by RealAKP
- totally reworked materials and shaders
- new high resolution textures for interior
- corrected tyre radius
- adjusted graphics offset and pitch rotation
- fixes for steering wheel and central mirror by RealAKP
- fixed right tyres UV mapping by RealAKP
- regenerated license plates
- added VAO patch thanks to RealAKP
- added 3D license plate (CSP only)
- added exhaust smoke (CSP 0.1.47 or above only)

Other changes
- adjusted colliders position
- updated previews

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back