Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,050 comments
got it. I see what you did. I'll try the solution on another track or two that I've found the problem on.
example of your fix:
broke orig - "1pitdakota_innerrd13_loda_SUB1"
working fixed - "1pitdakota_inner road13_loda_SUB1"
wait... I think I have that backwards. Time to step away for a bit... smoke, coffee... brain breathe.

yep, basically the opposite ;)
broken -> 1pitdakota_inner road13_loda_SUB1
I think that two keywords (PIT and ROAD) in the name doesn't make AC happy.
And I also removed the space, I don't know if it's needed but it's a dev habit. It's never a good idea to put a space in a name.

Nope, going really grass roots on this one, it's never been done in AC (yet) and something that I have wanted for years now and there is the perfect model out there, just need it converted by a professional, as I cannot do that, but it's a project I have sitting in my bank for a while.

I have all the data for the car and its Kunos (early days) related

Good things don't come cheap I know so, if you can do this, PM me
I'm sorry but I don't have the skills, hope I got because it must be something to work on project like that!

/me thinking to myself, F1600 or Osella, humm...

I'm going to disagree with this. Strongly.
Personally I spend more amount of time on AC because the amount of content that comes out is mind bending but to say there isn't a single thing better than AC seems like a fairly careless statement and I absolutely love Assetto Corsa.

Well said, exactly my feeling.

@pk3r72owns , I gotta tell ya, the first time I saw that jet flying around (and maybe a few times after that), it blew my mind. Love it. By the way, I made a note on your track in CM to remind me to ask the creator , you, about a problem with the pits? Did you fix the pits?
As I'm in the process of checking all my tracks, I also fixed this one (kn5 pitlane, hotlap start and pit_lane.ai for anglesey dry and wet)
FYI, file is not a zip but a 7z file, I hope everybody know this file archiver (freeware https://www.7-zip.org/).
https://we.tl/t-Dys6fOpkAB
once again, kn5 and surfaces.ini are modified so make backup if you want to be able to play online.

Now I'm getting an error code in my Content Manager.

"Oops!

Can't start Custom Showroom

External component has thrown an exception."

This is a fresh install on a copy of AC that has no mods, so I'm unclear as to what could be causing this.

yep, basically the opposite ;)
broken -> 1pitdakota_inner road13_loda_SUB1
I think that two keywords (PIT and ROAD) in the name doesn't make AC happy.
And I also removed the space, I don't know if it's needed but it's a dev habit. It's never a good idea to put a space in a name.

You were a huge help in helping me figure out the issue with the other track I was fixing. wiijchen. I fixed the pit surface name but then I also realized the track didn't have the pit surface defined in the surfaces.ini. Fixed both and wala. I'll update this post with the link of the fixed one if anyone is interested.

As I'm in the process of checking all my tracks, I also fixed this one (kn5 pitlane, hotlap start and pit_lane.ai for anglesey dry and wet)
FYI, file is not a zip but a 7z file, I hope everybody know this file archiver (freeware https://www.7-zip.org/).
https://we.tl/t-Dys6fOpkAB
once again, kn5 and surfaces.ini are modified so make backup if you want to be able to play online.

How hard was it to do the pit_lane.ai? Is there any way to click/drag/pull a visible ai line in kseditor or something else? What was your process?

Again, thanks for your help and knowledge, my friend. You made an already good day even better.

Last edited:
How hard was it to do the pit_lane.ai? Is there any way to click/drag/pull a visible ai line in kseditor or something else? What was your process?
Dev app within AC. Enable dev aps and it's in the right app pane labeled with AI inside of a practice session (or race or whatever as long as you're in game). There's some yootoob vidies that show people doing this.

hi @Shaun Clarke , thanks for the amazing SR3! I would like you to see this detail, just in the right front corner of the car, some material could have lost an attribute
radical.png

iks
Only I have them, since I made them (1996 and 1997 seasons). I made those seasons ~10 years ago for rFactor but never released; I have been improving the skins gradually in the past few weeks since some were done in haste.

Ideally, I'd like to convert the 94 Lola and Reynard models (since simdream didn't). If I do that then that would be a total of seven CART seasons since I skinned 1991, 1992, 1993, plus the 1994 season in the original rF mod. Then AC would finally get its CART fix. VRC's mod is amazing but it's only 1999 and no one has painted other seasons for it.

Anyway, once I get the physics in a decent state I'll release them. That is a time consuming process though, so it won't be for a few more months since I'm busy with other things.

Cool! I've got plenty to keep me busy for a few years, anyway. Late to AC and every time I try a car or a track, I decide it is the best ever and I need to spend more time on it... Look forward to more IndyCar/ChampCar content, though. A better version of Burke Lakefront Airport would be fantastic, too, to fit into the schedule.

It had to be done and I'm sure you all knew I would be doing a Gulf livery :lol: but here's a quick teaser for now. I'll prolly release this one tomorrow as I think there's a few little things I need to tidy up (I might just be tired but I'll check it when I get up) but I need to go drive this thing for half an hour before sleep!! Thanks to @Shaun Clarke for creating this and for updating it so quickly.

kgSxkyM.png

'The Alfa Romeo 75 (Tipo 161, 162B), sold in North America as the Milano, is a compact executive car produced by the Italian automaker Alfa Romeo between 1985 and 1992.'

3v5r.jpg

View attachment 924780

Alfa Romeo 75 Milano by Mike Goulioumis
ASSETOLAND LINK: https://mega.nz/file/MeRyGK5I#gZCJbwlSoOel-rkWaUwDktSGPIC50ya1evO6BqxtS8U

Carefull, its preview is encrypted
You forgot the most important part. It's encrypted and won't work for previews in Content Manager even though there is an accepted method to use that works. People in here won't even download it.

This author is terrified that his Forza rip is going to be used by someone else. Imagine that.

To be honest, after the release of the first mod I've worked on I understand why someone would encrypt their mod. The mod I'm talking about uses models from Kunos and a NFS game but the car still required hours and hours of work. After all that we just put some rules for the correct usage of the mod and i' ve seen people not following any of those rules. So yes, encryption can sound bad but sometimes it's done because people can't follow even basic rules. I am also one of those people that likes to look at cars in showroom and make custom previews but right now there is a way to make that possible with encrypted mods too. All of this was just to say that encryption is not the worst plague ever existed, it exist because not everyone can follow the authors rules.

Edit: avoiding a mod well made just because it's encrypted is also not worth it imo, driving something well made should matter more to me
I agree fully!
I was excited to hear that Ilja finally had an encryption people can use with previews. I have no problem with people doing that. I have full respect for the time spent making these. But then just disregarding that encryption method allotted to you so that we can have nice things is just sideways.

'The Alfa Romeo 75 (Tipo 161, 162B), sold in North America as the Milano, is a compact executive car produced by the Italian automaker Alfa Romeo between 1985 and 1992.'

3v5r.jpg

View attachment 924780

Alfa Romeo 75 Milano by Mike Goulioumis
ASSETOLAND LINK: https://mega.nz/file/MeRyGK5I#gZCJbwlSoOel-rkWaUwDktSGPIC50ya1evO6BqxtS8U

Carefull, its preview is encrypted

I am using csp 1.46 the one that says is recommended and this car just crashed my game and locked up my whole system and i had to turn off at the plug.
Can someone confirm it works on higher csp's?

To be honest, after the release of the first mod I've worked on I understand why someone would encrypt their mod. The mod I'm talking about uses models from Kunos and a NFS game but the car still required hours and hours of work. After all that we just put some rules for the correct usage of the mod and i' ve seen people not following any of those rules. So yes, encryption can sound bad but sometimes it's done because people can't follow even basic rules. I am also one of those people that likes to look at cars in showroom and make custom previews but right now there is a way to make that possible with encrypted mods too. All of this was just to say that encryption is not the worst plague ever existed, it exist because not everyone can follow the authors rules.

Edit: avoiding a mod well made just because it's encrypted is also not worth it imo, driving something well made should matter more to me

Can you explain what these basic rules are then?
Is it the one where you can't alter the mod?

This alfa 75 the guy is one FB saying how he has nailed the transaxel and its never been done before blah blah blah, then you check in cm analyse and it has kunos alfa 33 suspensions....

I'd say people like RSS, VRC URD and Shaun Clarke for example are working far far harder than the people ripping forza / NFS / rf1 and using kunos physics, yet they don't encrypt.....
Why is it always the ones who are not making their own assets in the first place?
I guess, that is the point...

Before i get called entitled just to add i do keep encrypted mods if they are good enough. It doesn't bother me at all.

Just odd that you can say what you have when Shaun Clarke has come on here having contacted a driver of a radical and crafted a master piece for free and with no encryption....

Last edited:
Can you explain what these basic rules are then?
Is it the one where you can't alter the mod?

This alfa 75 the guy is one FB saying how he has nailed the transaxel and its never been done before blah blah blah, then you check in cm analyse and it has kunos alfa 33 suspensions....

I'd say people like RSS, VRC URD and Shaun Clarke for example are working far far harder than the people ripping forza / NFS / rf1 and using kunos physics, yet they don'y encrypt.....
Why is it always the ones who are not making their own assets in the first place?
I guess, that is the point...

+1 on this. For what it's worth, I took really sensitive data from real GT4 mustang teams about their setups and implemented them in game. Could I have encrypted the car? Sure. But that goes against my principles for modding. This is a community and if we're developing mods for free, let everything be free. People will know where to get the proper updates from, or hell, you might even get people that come along and make the mod even better. In my case, I took GzeroD's GT4, gave it my physics data, he updated a bunch of stuff for me after, and then Norms took notice and made it look even better. THAT is what the modding community is about imo. I won't download encrypted mods anymore for this reason, not even guerilla's stuff, which, I kind of expect them to rip my physics data at some point for their own GT4 at some point. But that's fine, I still prefer GzeroD's 3d model since it doesn't have the big 'ol number plate blocking my view in the windscreen :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back