Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,181 comments
I’m starting to set up AC again on my old laptop before I go out and get a new system to replace my fried computer. Does anyone know how much of a hassle it would be to transfer the data over between the two games and if replacing data from another computer would mess up the cars/ disallow their use online?

For sol i strongly recomend you use the uninstaller before applying a new update as per Peter Bose recomendation. I have used every time i updated it for the last few versions and have fewer isuses as before afterwards. Just unzip this file inside AC install folder and run as administrator and you are done. You can find the file in the discord from sol, under releases. Here i'll attach the file here.
I tried running that bat but receive this message every time I try although it's in th AC root folder:
"AC rootfolder not found, place batchfile in AC rootfolder."

I tried running that bat but receive this message every time I try although it's in th AC root folder:

I think just installing the new SOL and going into sol_config and resetting to defaults in that should be enough for now. I'm not sure it's much different from doing a clean install anyways. As I say just remember to go to the folder I mentioned in my earlier post and backup your INI files just in case.

Well here you go chaps

RADICAL SR3 V1.4

This version has been updated with the help of Radical driver @Kevin Burke using his real AIM data and AIM data he took from the mod. I have listened to all his comments and suggestions and all the back and forth of making changes and finally getting his thumbs up.

https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website?fbclid=IwAR3sXc55T2OL76hR_mxkXdHNY_7XPn21Cn3Kn0Y1XaxJVysDGN9gnQgHLF

Hope you all enjoy

Regards

Shaun
Every so often, or once in a blue moon we get a real treat - The last time I felt this was the freebie from RSS the 'F3 V6 by Dave Williams'... Shaun, thank you mate, fantastic drive, you should be rightly proud of this mod. I just wish more modders had access to the real time data and the input of a pro driver. Thank you Kevin Burke :) My evening was going to be taken up practising Fuji Int for an upcoming Super GT race this w/e.... Not now it ain't - It's the Radical @ Brands..... Sorry Fuji, you'll have to wait!!!!!

Thanks Shaun..... Got anymore gems up your sleeve :)…. The throttle response, the down shift and the feeling on the brakes..... Superb!!!!!!!!

Renault TCR Skins

https://sharemods.com/kct1hvzwb78q/skins_renault_tcr.rar.html

preview.jpg preview.jpg

I guess this could mean that your sol install was indeed borked in some way. Just install the new version and reset the config as suggested,

WOW, thank you all for you comments, I feel very humbled by them all and glad you are enjoying the mod.

One person asked, do I have anymore tricks up my sleave, I might have, but need to find a 3d modeler / converter first as I have permission for a very nice project, which I think will really excite the community.

If you are that person, then please PM me and I will tell more

Shaun

WOW, thank you all for you comments, I feel very humbled by them all and glad you are enjoying the mod.

One person asked, do I have anymore tricks up my sleave, I might have, but need to find a 3d modeler / converter first as I have permission for a very nice project, which I think will really excite the community.

Shaun
Thank you Sir!!

Bit of a weird request but does anyone have the data.acd / data folder for the rollovers_nissan_dpi ? Had that mod on my computer for as long as I can remember and mistakenly deleted the data folder a while ago (can't quite remember when; though...).

I'll add the OG Laguna Seca files (ai/data) if it's not too much to ask- installed the Reverse Layouts and the modder didn't mention anything about creating a specific folder for reverse LS so it overwrote KS' Laguna Seca and it's pure *****. Thanks mate.

Last edited:
I think just installing the new SOL and going into sol_config and resetting to defaults in that should be enough for now. I'm not sure it's much different from doing a clean install anyways. As I say just remember to go to the folder I mentioned in my earlier post and backup your INI files just in case.
I guess this could mean that your sol install was indeed borked in some way. Just install the new version and reset the config as suggested,

There was nothing wrong with my prior Sol install, I've been using it trouble free for many months. That bat file basically just deletes all your prior Sol files and gives you a clean install which I performed. Not sure what my prior Sol version was since now I realize what you download is a version package number. The apps contained within have different version numbers. What I now have installed is SolWeather App v7.2 and Sol weather-controller v1.3.1 with CSP patch 1.46 which is still the patch version recommended by Sol unless your a VR user in which case they recommend v1.51 for better performance. I think the last package I installed was probably 1.3.

In any case the blue screen problem for the new version of Daytona still remains. In fact it'll occur if I just stay at the start finish for more than 30 seconds whille fussing with the various settings. I have no issues at all with the previous version of Daytona. I'll try some more tracks and if only occurs for the new Daytona I'll report it on the appropriate Discords.

Every so often, or once in a blue moon we get a real treat - The last time I felt this was the freebie from RSS the 'F3 V6 by Dave Williams'... Shaun, thank you mate, fantastic drive, you should be rightly proud of this mod. I just wish more modders had access to the real time data and the input of a pro driver. Thank you Kevin Burke :) My evening was going to be taken up practising Fuji Int for an upcoming Super GT race this w/e.... Not now it ain't - It's the Radical @ Brands..... Sorry Fuji, you'll have to wait!!!!!

Thanks Shaun..... Got anymore gems up your sleeve :)…. The throttle response, the down shift and the feeling on the brakes..... Superb!!!!!!!!
What could be said after that!
Have just finish to test it at Brands Hatch, just awesome!
Thanks a lot Shaun for your work and passion! Masterpiece!
Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_ks_brands_hatch_27-5-120-22-31-44.jpg

Shaun

I will just add, this is a Kunos Car......

Do I seriously have permission, yes I do

There was nothing wrong with my prior Sol install, I've been using it trouble free for many months. That bat file basically just deletes all your prior Sol files and gives you a clean install which I performed. Not sure what my prior Sol version was since now I realize what you download is a version package number. The apps contained within have different version numbers. What I now have installed is SolWeather App v7.2 and Sol weather-controller v1.3.1 with CSP patch 1.46 which is still the patch version recommended by Sol unless your a VR user in which case they recommend v1.51 for better performance. I think the last package I installed was probably 1.3.

In any case the blue screen problem for the new version of Daytona still remains. In fact it'll occur if I just stay at the start finish for more than 30 seconds whille fussing with the various settings. I have no issues at all with the previous version of Daytona. I'll try some more tracks and if only occurs for the new Daytona I'll report it on the appropriate Discords.
Have you tried upgrading Sol to the latest over on RD? "- apps: sol_weather by leBluem, updated to 9.6" and yours is only v7.2? I would try that first before any other troubleshooting.

Mc Laren? ^^
Or Lotus...
Nope, going really grass roots on this one, it's never been done in AC (yet) and something that I have wanted for years now and there is the perfect model out there, just need it converted by a professional, as I cannot do that, but it's a project I have sitting in my bank for a while.

I have all the data for the car and its Kunos (early days) related

Good things don't come cheap I know so, if you can do this, PM me

Well here you go chaps

RADICAL SR3 V1.4

This version has been updated with the help of Radical driver @Kevin Burke using his real AIM data and AIM data he took from the mod. I have listened to all his comments and suggestions and all the back and forth of making changes and finally getting his thumbs up.

https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website?fbclid=IwAR3sXc55T2OL76hR_mxkXdHNY_7XPn21Cn3Kn0Y1XaxJVysDGN9gnQgHLF

Hope you all enjoy

Regards

Shaun
Thanks Shaun, it's a blast to drive. Great fun.
For the next update could you please take a look at the digital display? There's a weird jagged artifact on the left hand side and the digital tacho is right up against the left hand edge.

Screenshot_radical_sr3_rhd_tochigi_racing_ring_27-5-120-21-59-53.jpg

If you could somehow replicate the OEM digital display then even better, but I know this is a big ask.

MXL-2-1024x768.jpg

Thanks again for the car.

Have you tried upgrading Sol to the latest over on RD? "- apps: sol_weather by leBluem, updated to 9.6" and yours is only v7.2? I would try that first before any other troubleshooting.
Hmmm. So Peter Boese isn't the Sol meister anymore? I can't keep up, lol

Thanks Shaun, it's a blast to drive. Great fun.
For the next update could you please take a look at the digital display? There's a weird jagged artifact on the left hand side and the digital tacho is right up against the left hand edge.

View attachment 924756

If you could somehow replicate the OEM digital display then even better, but I know this is a big ask.

View attachment 924757

Thanks again for the car.

I know what you mean, since I worked on this, Radical released a whole new dash.

I see this has "nice to have" I wanted to get the handling corrected first, now I can work on the rest over time, but I agree with you

Shaun

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back