Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,755 comments
Just checked my stats on CM and it seems that I have stats for track with capital letter in their folder name. So I think the capital issue is only related to car folder name.
Oh well that’s news to me! I wonder how long that’s been fixed and if car capitalisation will be fixed soon too?

Is there an easy* way to adjust (or add) cut detection to a corner on an existing mod track?

*as in a complete numpty with zero skills being able to do it? :dopey:

Hi Masscot, actually the 350z was already on the list! :) So I don't know exactly when, but surely we'll rework it!
Excellent, thanks!
Please make it a proper RHD version ;)
I'm pretty sure the one I linked to is the 'best' publicly-available base to work from (and it just happens to be RHD).
Unless anyone knows different?

creating LODs for this car won't change anything, there are too many faces on the KN5 (1236517 faces ??????)

lod.jpg

[QUOTE = "RenaultDJRTP, post: 13083321, membro: 311083"] Here it is - all of 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, F1 seasons 2008 and 2010: https://mega.nz/folder/ KUlmXAgB # c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

Is this other complete grids for other seasons that you want the community to have too? Maybe you have the complete grids of some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 of the 50s and 60s, maybe you have had the complete grids of the soil effect intervention. Whatever it is, don't hesitate to let me know, but I will need a link to be able to locate them and add them to the folder.

regards,
RenaultDJRTP [/ QUOTE]

hello, sorry for the kind permission of any links of all seasons of f1? because the link is dead. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Oh well that’s news to me! I wonder how long that’s been fixed and if car capitalisation will be fixed soon too?

Obviously I wasn't totally awake when I checked this morning because I was totally wrong, stats are not saved. You got best lap times per car but nb km driven stay at zero.
Sorry my bad.

[QUOTE = "TaistoTurri, post: 13150274, membro: 309906"] Il link per la versione 1.0 è pubblicato nel primo post di questa pagina. :)[/CITAZIONE]
Ciao ci ho provato anche io ma il link non funziona.
Qualcuno può aiutarmi?

I'm sorry I'm not an expert, what does that mean? can not solve the problem?:confused:
https://conceptartempire.com/3d-lod-level-of-detail/

In this model there is only LOD 0. And it is too detailed. In order to make this model easier - it needs to be optimized in a 3D editor. This is not an easy task, so no one has done so far. Above was a link to one of the ways to create lod files. You can try to do it yourself.

https://conceptartempire.com/3d-lod-level-of-detail/

In this model there is only LOD 0. And it is too detailed. In order to make this model easier - it needs to be optimized in a 3D editor. This is not an easy task, so no one has done so far. Above was a link to one of the ways to create lod files. You can try to do it yourself.

Although there are currently available tools that can create somewhat decent LOD meshes, they can't quite match the conventional method. On this particular case it appears that the mod wasn't well thought to begin with, otherwise the only existing mesh wouldn't have such a humangous polycount... The model probably has duplicated faces as well (it's something a lot of people do when they get rips from games and try porting them to other games... They usually think the models need a lot more polygons and huge textures and forget that game assets still to this day require optimization because game engines render stuff in real time os those gorgeous car models with millions of polygons might be great for still renders and conventional photos but aren't meant for real time rendering use)

The best way to create LODS is going through the various pieces of the car and trying to reduce the amount of polygons wherever possible. But prior to that the main thing is making sure the model doesn't have duplicated faces where they aren't needed (and possibly aside from mirrors and the windows there aren't other surfaces that I can think of that do actually need to be double-faced

Although there are currently available tools that can create somewhat decent LOD meshes, they can't quite match the conventional method. On this particular case it appears that the mod wasn't well thought to begin with, otherwise the only existing mesh wouldn't have such a humangous polycount... The model probably has duplicated faces as well (it's something a lot of people do when they get rips from games and try porting them to other games... They usually think the models need a lot more polygons and huge textures and forget that game assets still to this day require optimization because game engines render stuff in real time os those gorgeous car models with millions of polygons might be great for still renders and conventional photos but aren't meant for real time rendering use)

The best way to create LODS is going through the various pieces of the car and trying to reduce the amount of polygons wherever possible. But prior to that the main thing is making sure the model doesn't have duplicated faces where they aren't needed (and possibly aside from mirrors and the windows there aren't other surfaces that I can think of that do actually need to be double-faced

Unfortunately I can't do any of this. I can try, following the instructions in the link above, to make the lod files. Is the mod badly made originally?

Track modders: Content manager lets you select a specific date, and you can specify a year in that specific date. Does CSP have access to the year you selected and maybe use that as a condition to load model replacements/material adjustments based on the year or range of years? Has this been done before?

I'm toying with the idea of having different sponsor boards and a few different building models in my Denver Street Circuit based on the year that is selected in CM so if you race in the 90s you have 90's sponsors, the 90's style suspended traffic signals, etc, and if you pick a more modern date range it would have some newer buildings and different style traffic signals and modern race sponsors.

Is this even possible?

I can confirm... I can also confirm that I had no idea what the hell it was supposed to be, blowing brown/yellow stank gas out of the ground and if I was supposed to run over it, for what? lol
Any ideas how this smoke can be removed...this was the question I asked myself when testing this Monaco 72 version

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back