Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Here some configs with new grass fx on old Spielberg tracks and Salzburgring too.
So salzburgring, oesterreichring1979 and spielberg_hist get new grass.
A bit new lights for Salzburgring too and a easteregg on the other two tracks.
Just a bit more immersion I hope. :)
Extract it into ac root folder.

Attachments

• salzburgring_oesterreichring1979_spielberg_hist_configs.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 120
Are the coordinates associated with the x, y, z axes examples (the chimney of a factory for example)?
As for the color of the smoke, how does the code work? I see four numbers, I do not understand what they refer. rgb? CMYK? Thanks in advance.
Oh, japp. RGB and strength.
Position: x, y, z axes

Edit: Sorry, didn't seen exactly your example. That's RGB values but not 0-255 but 0-1 values. So for your example is 255=1

Last edited:
Here some configs with new grass fx on old Spielberg tracks and Salzburgring too.
Coolio! Thanks matey. :cheers:

We have grass! Thanks @slider666.
The weird pitch black border around the BMW sign alway looked oddly unfinished to me so I added some planks to soften it up a bit. I'm sure the real one never looked anything like this, but... *shrugs*

Screenshot_gmp_honda_s2000_r_oesterreichring1979_1-7-120-23-0-7.jpg

Drop it into a skins\cm_skins folder or replace the textures in an existing skin.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ol69w1mnvalk9yn/bmw_sign.7z/file

Thank you, that's great, yet I have a problem with the oesterreichring1979 track, it crashes to desktop for me, but only the No Chicane version, while the Chicane version works perfectly :confused:

I don't usually ask for links but I cannot find Historic Spielberg - thought I had it but it isn't in my track list and the search only brings up dead links so if someone would be kind enough to send the latest version my way I'd be very grateful :cheers:

This happens when stPerPixelNM_UVflow.shader is used. Shader stflow is unknow for 3dsimed so it is replaced with a default shader T1. For this kind of material, it has to be set with ksEditor.

Thanks unpierrot. So it sounds like this is the flow: import kn5 into 3dSimed > export to .fbx > import .fbx into ksEditor > change material settings > save as .kn5 from kseditor.

Is that the correct flow?

Are there any other material/shader 'gotchas' I should be aware of when importing into 3dSimEd.

Thanks much for your help.

It has actually two layouts: 1974 without chicane and 1977 with chicane.

Yea I know. The chicane came 1977. But racingcircuits.info indicates that something was changed 1976 also. Meaning there was somehow different layout 1974, 1976 and 1977. Terra21's version has that 1976 version.

Not a big deal, I was just curious. Apparently there was some minor change in turn 1 after 1975 according to MrB00's link.

I see Zwiss' version is 1974. Racingcircuits.info tells there was some change between 1975 and 1976. I can't tell what that was, could someone tell me..?

EDIT. Gotta learn to use that EDIT-button properly. :banghead:
After the Donohue crash in 1975 (which happened right before my eyes), a chicane was build at the 1st corner.
The Terra version is in fact the post 75 track from Reiza (Automobilista) including alternative AI for skipping the chicane.
I started with his release, and fetched some meshes in the Reiza track to create a real pre-75 version, with no chicane present.
Also I included blank armco (after 75 it was red-white) and I deleted the newer pit building in the 74 version because it was not there.
So the spielberg_historic release is more authentic.
Terra= post 75 with and without chicane
Zwiss version: real pre-75 + real post 75 version.

A lot of respect for Terra21 who did a lot of great tracks, but also his Kyalami 67 has nothing to do with 67... it's the 76 track from Automobilista.. in 67 there was no pitwall, smaller grandstands and pitbuilding etc.

I know it's been discussed earlier in the thread, but does anyone know how one can acquire the VW Fun Cup beetle by any chance?

Okay, this had been bothering me for quite some time, so I had a look at the ai for Tiago Lima's Fuji International Speedway v0.0.9 (will 1.0 ever come? LOL).

Another track that could definitely use some love. The driving there has always been a challenge for me though, as there are like a million different lines you can take on this track. I think with new side lines I got the ai to quit jumping all over the place on straightaway, and also settled them down in the pit area. Once again the ai hints factor can be reduced or eliminated for slower vehicles.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-fuji-speedway-2017.34148/

Track is available over at RD as well, linked in my post.

Okay, this had been bothering me for quite some time, so I had a look at the ai for Tiago Lima's Fuji International Speedway v0.0.9 (will 1.0 ever come? LOL).

Another track that could definitely use some love. The driving there has always been a challenge for me though, as there are like a million different lines you can take on this track. I think with new side lines I got the ai to quit jumping all over the place on straightaway, and also settled them down in the pit area. Once again the ai hints factor can be reduced or eliminated for slower vehicles.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-fuji-speedway-2017.34148/

Track is available over at RD as well, linked in my post.

I was thinking about the AI on this track the other day for no apparent reason. Thanks for doing this. I think other people on RD have tried and did not quite hit the mark. I'm looking forward to trying your AI lines for the track.

I actually hate asking but because i dont use Facebook or even have an account i cannot access some things.
I was trying to find this version, can anyone help ?
Capture3.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen people getting a very reflective tarmac at Anglesey wet, but I don’t really get that. Does anybody know if it is a setting in CSP?

Hadn't been there in a while, reflections are there but theres some super strange textures in wet. At nearly all angles its checkered.
Stupid question, you are selecting the wet version aren't you? And you have 1.2? If all your other wet tracks are reflective, then its not a shader setting.
dyzt.png

:odd::odd:

osnb.png

@mrtomcat66, thanks for doing this, man. You know, there are actually a lot of drift tracks that I have tried that are actually really freakin' nicely done. But they lack AI lines. I know the drift scene doesn't care about the AI, but it would really increase the drift tracks appeal if they included AI lines.

Makes me want to make a list of all the great drift tracks I've run across and just AI line the hell out of them.

Want to join me on my drift track AI line mission?

Hi Teddie. Good idea. I have done that for several tracks for myself aleady. B U T

Unfortunately some drift track modders prefer to enter their tracks from the pit. So they dont put a starting line on their tracks. Therefore it is impossible to race those tracks even when you create a AI-line. A few weeks ago HexorMod (aka Marcus) did post a new big freeroam track named "Hafen" (german for harbour) on his FB-channel. This map is really big, big enough for several track layouts. But he didnt include a starting line. So I did asked him for it. And he did answer, that this is a drift track - no need for racing. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Here is the track:

Here are several hundert drift tracks (click on the "Track List" tab): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-970#post-13061066

Thanks unpierrot. So it sounds like this is the flow: import kn5 into 3dSimed > export to .fbx > import .fbx into ksEditor > change material settings > save as .kn5 from kseditor.

Is that the correct flow?
Yes definitely the flow to use even without the need of shader replacement because it seems that kn5 export from 3dsimed got some issues from time to time (shadow that need to be set in a particular order for car, object which disappear on mirror for track ...)
Are there any other material/shader 'gotchas' I should be aware of when importing into 3dSimEd.
I only know this one for the moment.

After the Donohue crash in 1975 (which happened right before my eyes), a chicane was build at the 1st corner.
The Terra version is in fact the post 75 track from Reiza (Automobilista) including alternative AI for skipping the chicane.
I started with his release, and fetched some meshes in the Reiza track to create a real pre-75 version, with no chicane present.
Also I included blank armco (after 75 it was red-white) and I deleted the newer pit building in the 74 version because it was not there.
So the spielberg_historic release is more authentic.
Terra= post 75 with and without chicane
Zwiss version: real pre-75 + real post 75 version.

A lot of respect for Terra21 who did a lot of great tracks, but also his Kyalami 67 has nothing to do with 67... it's the 76 track from Automobilista.. in 67 there was no pitwall, smaller grandstands and pitbuilding etc.
Yes, Terra did excellent conversions, absolutely love them, but he didn't put his focus on real life accuracy of the track he was converting, but on accurate conversion of the track. If the track had some mistakes in the original, they have the same errors also after conversion. Thankfully we have people like you that can spot the discrepancies and know how to fix them. 👍

The Kylami 67 was probably just a typo I guess. It's indeed a 76 version, which is a good thing, as the circuit was widened and changed and so IMO allowed for a better and more fun racing than the earlier version would.

Last edited:
Hadn't been there in a while, reflections are there but theres some super strange textures in wet. At nearly all angles its checkered.
Stupid question, you are selecting the wet version aren't you? And you have 1.2? If all your other wet tracks are reflective, then its not a shader setting.
dyzt.png

osnb.png

I have never been able to get reflections of the car like that, never found out why in the end as i do little wet driving.
There must be something in CSP i have not clicked on.

Indeed. I reported that checkered texture bug on RD when I first got the track, but it has never been fixed. I ended up deleting the wet version because it bothered me. This while the dry version is an excellent track.

Hey Anglesey is quite old now. I'll was actually going to look at doing a bit of renovation on it soon.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back