Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,954 comments
Today I downloaded all updates for the ACP 91 formula. They renamed McLaren mp4-6 to the earlier version, because of this I still have an old car. I was able to compare them. It's horrible! All cars of the 91 season became terrible. Settings in the download package do not help. They changed physics for the worse. Previously, these were my favorite cars of these years, now it is spoiled. It's a pity, because they have a very professional team, but something happened to them.

The Transit Supervan is super fun but it'll never top the real one :

Ford-SUpervan-02.jpg

A bloody shame there's no stock version ported from Forza.

The stock one is coming soon more people wanted this one first so that's what they got..

I have a free (albeit of a much, much lower quality) version of Newcastle, from AK Racing, I’ll upload and link it here later today. That track is good, but it’s definitely not worth $20, as much as I love that circuit and it deserves one of a higher quality.
I didn't know there was another Newcastle track version, would be cool to check out. Cheers
BTW guys im only the messenger i just saw it on FB and had to have it being in my hometown area, yeah i know not worth 20 bucks by any stretch & needs a **** load of work, but just donated like i usually do lol when i see an "serious" effort being made.

@iRoush
I will let you and everybody else be the judge of that.

We have taken all comments from the V1.5 release and updated/fixed/added them, as well as a couple of bits that @norms found as well.

Suggestion: Put your website's link in your signature so i can find your website easier :P. I know i should bookmark it but it might also help you get more traffic here :)

Hey everybody, my idea worked - I have attached to this post a 'mod' for Magione, just drop its contents into the main Magione folder. It has 3 video screens and an update to the models.ini file. There is also a backup of the folder so you can revert after trying it out.

Gonna say it anyway though -> BACK UP YOUR FILES YO <- you've been warned.

For those who want to see how it looks without adding files to their game, I have, as usual done a video.

The screens hold 10 frames in a 2048 x 2048 image, going horizontally across leading to a screen res of like 205px x 120px at 10fps for 1 second of footage. for animated logos etc this can be changed to be 5fps and 2seconds of footage.

Adding the bump map texture to resemble 'pixels' makes it look a lot higher resolution.

It would be possible to produce longer clips at a higher quality, but it's probably not necessary.

Screenshot_f1_2008_mclaren_magione_9-6-120-20-12-12.jpg

Screenshot_f1_2008_mclaren_magione_9-6-120-20-11-55.jpg

Screenshot_f1_2008_mclaren_magione_9-6-120-20-12-27.jpg

Attachments

• magione.zip
    407.2 KB · Views: 46
Hey everybody, my idea worked - I have attached to this post a 'mod' for Magione, just drop its contents into the main Magione folder. It has 3 video screens and an update to the models.ini file. There is also a backup of the folder so you can revert after trying it out.

For those who want to see how it looks without adding files to their game, I have, as usual done a video.

The screens hold 10 frames in a 2048 x 2048 image, going horizontally across leading to a screen res of like 205px x 120px at 10fps for 1 second of footage. for animated logos etc this can be changed to be 5fps and 2seconds of footage.

Adding the bump map texture to resemble 'pixels' makes it look a lot higher resolution.

It would be possible to produce longer clips at a higher quality, but it's probably not necessary.

View attachment 939146

View attachment 939147

View attachment 939149

Does that mean we could manually add whatever images we wished to them?

View attachment 939146

View attachment 939147

View attachment 939149

This is frigging awesome man.

View attachment 939146

View attachment 939147

View attachment 939149

a ****ing miracle...... awesome

Does that mean we could manually add whatever images we wished to them?
Yeah I think you'd just make a track skin. The files look like this, it's probably inefficient use of the texture but.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm just happy it works.

tvtest.jpg

So i'm very much open to advice on how to make this even better if i'm missing something obvious.

MasterKey updated their Ferrari 488 GT3 to version 1.0.

Changelog:
1.0: Visuals:
- Change of carbon pattern (from 2x1 to 1x1) and more PBR carbon tweaks.
- Motec behaviour improvements on pitlane.
- Changes done to rims PBR inclusion (now done in skin config to more control on it by skin basis)
- Front glasses now use a dedicated texture for more control of its color (ext_glass_front.dds)
Sounds :
- New soundmod developed by DJDialga
Physics :
- Extended physics from CSP added to the car by DJDialga.
- Physics tweaked for proper balancing and handling.
- Big emphasis on tyre temperatures/pressures ( more info on that at Chapter 7 )

https://mega.nz/file/O04X2AyR#2GNCb7hBOBQQhDCEG5-tCA6jQ4A12JJ6u2iSCU3TTUI
BK Studio Discord: https://discord.gg/dK9WzsM

Screenshot_ferrari_488_gt3_acc_sprint_macau_19-5-120-10-49-39.png

Nope, no update, it's the same version we already have, released in april :cheers:

View attachment 939146

View attachment 939147

View attachment 939149

Damn you thats F!#$%^%^ awesome mate,...

So i'm very much open to advice on how to make this even better if i'm missing something obvious.
I believe it might be possible (or will be soon - maybe it's WIP) to feed the screens 'live' from a trackside camera, so you can have broadcast-style video playing of events as they are happening around the track, just like at a real track. So no more canned video on a loop, it'll change in real time.
Not seen it implemented yet but there was chat about it a little while ago.

I believe it might be possible (or will be soon - maybe it's WIP) to feed the screens 'live' from a trackside camera, so you can have broadcast-style video playing of events as they are happening around the track, just like at a real track. So no more canned video on a loop, it'll change in real time.
Not seen it implemented yet but there was chat about it a little while ago.

That would be very cool indeed - but surely quite FPS intensive if the game has to be rendered twice for it to work?

View attachment 939146

View attachment 939147

View attachment 939149

Wtf?! Great stuff mate! Would you mind telling Ilja about (or does he even know about already?!?)? Could you edit the files and bring some more realistic ads which would fit the track better please?

Just swap the physics over. So long as you don't plan on selling it on or whatever.
That's what i did anyway.
Just... :odd:
I'm afraid I'm really bad at that. Tried some cars in the past which did not work afterwards so I stopped messing with cars.

Took another shot at it trying to use the 917/30 physics on the GTSupreme (from @TonyBarracuda ). I could drive it. It's reasonable but it does not exactly look like I was expecting. :lol::lol:

superkart.png

Just... :odd:
I'm afraid I'm really bad at that. Tried some cars in the past which did not work afterwards so I stopped messing with cars.

Took another shot at it trying to use the 917/30 physics on the GTSupreme (from @TonyBarracuda ). I could drive it. It's reasonable but it does not exactly look like I was expecting. :lol::lol:

View attachment 939260

Yeah you need to fiddle with data files.... tell you what have a look in your PMs in a mo...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back