Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,790 comments
Ferrari 488 GT3 ACC convert by Masterkey | UPDATED | ( v1.00 )
Changelog :
1.0:
Visuals :
- Change of carbon pattern (from 2x1 to 1x1) and more PBR carbon tweaks.
- Motec behaviour improvements on pitlane.
- Changes done to rims PBR inclusion (now done in skin config to more control on it by skin basis)
- Front glasses now use a dedicated texture for more control of its color (ext_glass_front.dds)
Sounds :
- New soundmod developed by DJDialga, available here
Physics :
- Extended physics from CSP added to the car by DJDialga.
- Physics tweaked for proper balancing and handling.
- Big emphasis on tyre temperatures/pressures ( more info on that at Chapter 7 )

Installation procedure :
Delete previous version ( at least the two car folders ) Extract the archive directly into your root Assetto Corsa folder.

The archive contains the car with two new shader that are required to work correctly as well as a new texture for pbr material.
Also template .psd is included at the root of the archive

At least CSP version 1.50 recommended !
https://mega.nz/file/O04X2AyR#2GNCb7hBOBQQhDCEG5-tCA6jQ4A12JJ6u2iSCU3TTUI

Last edited:
The Ai does not work well, at the start start 4 cars out of 23, the camera is worth it, the cars during the replay are very small, in my opinion it is much better the track of Legion"Monaco Faux '72"

Jerry, might be something on your side. Tested with two car combos and all the AI started the race, as you can see in these 2 pictures.

h3sn.png

6nie.png

Maybe a reinstall?

Cheers

Yes it's a strange one, I find the ffb to be really notchy like i am running over pebbles all the time.

Disgraceful i know, but i was thinking of doing a physics swap back from the kunos one....i know i feel bad saying it...the model is wonderful.
kunos physics of the 2016 car are absolutely terrible so, but if you enjoy diluting your experience...

Jerry, might be something on your side. Tested with two car combos and all the AI started the race, as you can see in these 2 pictures.

h3sn.png

6nie.png

Maybe a reinstall?

Cheers
Don't know wich version people use, never hear about the "family edition", don't know if the one share by Jerry60
is the same as the one i use, mine wait more than 500Mo, here the link to the version I use for the skin.
And here a link to AI fix on RD

Yes it's a strange one, I find the ffb to be really notchy like i am running over pebbles all the time.

Disgraceful i know, but i was thinking of doing a physics swap back from the kunos one....i know i feel bad saying it...the model is wonderful.
For me it feels better than kunos, mainly its more stable. And the car/conversion is another great work and looks superb. :bowdown:

..but I swaped steer anim with kunos rsr porsche, a little repositioning in CM + (unfortunately) steer lock set to ~250-280 and it rotates/fits nicer on the steering wheel. :D

Quick one, all the little boxes you can create in the content section of cars at the top, that you can click on as searches for brand etc etc.
Anyway of getting them in alphabetical order?

Also when i start CM and go to content sometimes before it all loads up the cars are listed down the left side in order of the first letters.

So for example it puts all the ks kunos cars together and mods by one team so ag (assetto garage) cars are all grouped together..

Any idea how i can keep it like that, which is how it is grouped in the content (cars) folder...
Instead of by makes of car etc...

Quick one, all the little boxes you can create in the content section of cars at the top, that you can click on as searches for brand etc etc.
Anyway of getting them in alphabetical order?

Also when i start CM and go to content sometimes before it all loads up the cars are listed down the left side in order of the first letters.

So for example it puts all the ks kunos cars together and mods by one team so ag (assetto garage) cars are all grouped together..

Any idea how i can keep it like that, which is how it is grouped in the content (cars) folder...
Instead of by makes of car etc...
No to both of those things. I have a dream where we can have a folder structure in the left pain that opens like Windows Explorer so I can group GT3 or GT4 or LMP2 or TC Legends in a folder and click the plus button to open when needed and not have to scroll through hundreds of cars hence making that un-alphabetic group of search buttons at the top a little less needed.
Please make this dream come true Ilja. So much OCD shall be cured.

This is why I change the Brand of the car to the group it is in (ie. GT4) instead of it's manufacturer for racing groups. Within the drive page when I click the car menu and sort by brand, the brands are separated like a folder structure allowing me to select say F1 1975 and then they all show, or TC Legends and then they all appear.

I am looking for an oval (test) track with very long straights, banked corners and good aesthetics, what do you recommend to try?
Ah, to have Gran Turismo Sports Special Stage Route X. I fell asleep on that track one night after a few beers. Go straight and do nothing for ever.

I am looking for an oval (test) track with very long straights, banked corners and good aesthetics, what do you recommend to try?
There is quite a good little-known one with fantastic trees... really long straights... located in Japan. Can't bloody remember what it's called. @Fanapryde will probably know. I'll have a look for it in the meantime.

Edit: Yatabe.
Do you have it?

No to both of those things. I have a dream where we can have a folder structure in the left pain that opens like Windows Explorer so I can group GT3 or GT4 or LMP2 or TC Legends in a folder and click the plus button to open when needed and not have to scroll through hundreds of cars hence making that un-alphabetic group of search buttons at the top a little less needed.
Please make this dream come true Ilja. So much OCD shall be cured.

This is why I change the Brand of the car to the group it is in (ie. GT4) instead of it's manufacturer for racing groups. Within the drive page when I click the car menu and sort by brand, the brands are separated like a folder structure allowing me to select say F1 1975 and then they all show, or TC Legends and then they all appear.
This would be a great implemention to CM. I recently did this by hand. Got tired of having lines of filters so I added grid definitions before names. Like "Legion WCM - Ferrari 512BB LM GTX". Definitely more helpful this way.

There is quite a good little-known one with fantastic trees... really long straights... located in Japan. Can't bloody remember what it's called. @Fanapryde will probably know. I'll have a look for it in the meantime.
Yatabe test track, link is probably still active in this forum, got to check.

Hello I saw that year the Bugatti circuit was published, I knew that circuit in the online sessions gave some problems of crash, do you know if year solved the thing?
yep, it was the track config wanting to change semaphore material (start lights), is fixed for some time now
edit: and maybe online they use the original version of the track?

Can you advise what has been changed recently here? For instance for Praque I only had v 0.2. You got 0.4? What is the difference?

thanks!

i dont post that all again, also most of it is in the readme's

From what I can remember, the Prague updates were mainly optimisations, 0.4 runs MUCH better than 0.2. And like @leBluem stated, it's all included in the readme of the downloads anyway. Go for it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back