Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,070 comments
Tommy78 is building a model of DTM Audi quattro V8 from scratch, and is really doing an impressive work.

He's I guess finished with graphics now, and only physics left. You can check his progress and more full res photos here:

https://tpongracz.com/news/

The Omega and Mustang are seriously good mods, so I expect this pack is gonna be really something special when finished.

I've been following AC mods for a long time but somehow this guys work had passed me by.

Looks like quality work and I see he made a F40 LM mod, is it worth buying?

On another note (slight rant), in my limited experience looking at mod tracks, most everything that I've been doing is getting the cars to stop ramming themselves over curbs (Check out the lines in the picture I just posted above for Fiorano, for example). I get it, we'd all like to see the ai drive the way it is in real life, and I'm sure the authors want to get it as close to reality as possible. But we all know the reality is that AC's tire model and physics just don't cope well at all with curbs (ier_PC 13 may be the exception). So again-

AI for Aviano

Fast lane and side lines readjusted to avoid obliteration in first chicane with faster/stiffer vehicles. Pit lanes were rinse/repeats of same layouts, so they have been redone as well. The track looks great btw, thanks @Masscot.

At RD:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-aviano-cirquit.34665/

or get it here:
https://mega.nz/file/79YFkYoQ#-AUPxs348E-wIZRhssoHxE53kWo2lDHPPmlMHnjpBnM

Have a great day, y'all (man when real work is slow it's bad for the wallet, but good for messing with AC)

Kevin

I've been following AC mods for a long time but somehow this guys work had passed me by.

Yes he is very low key, doesn't do a lot of promotion around forums and such. So that's why you missed it. He lets his work do the talking I guess. And because his mods are not cheap, they are not very wide spread, so many people don't talk about them. I was asking around the community before buying the wtcr pack, and got very few responses.

Didn't buy the f40. Like the BetoFR very much, so no need. Heard some people say that Beto's one is better at least visually. If you don't know BetoFR one, try that one first as it is free. And it is a damn good mod (needs a little stronger ffb, but that is easily fixable), and if you don't like that one, go for Tommy's one. I have his wtcr pack and both dtm 1991 mods, and these are some of the best touring car mods around. Not cheap, but comparable to other paid touring car mods out there, they seem "finished", for lack of a better word. Or complete, I don't know how to say it, but I think you'll understand. I also like how he does complete packs, as it prolongs the life of a mod significantly, at least in my usage. If I get a mod that is single make, or part of an incomplete pack, no matter how good it is, I just don't play it a lot. Maybe I'm weird in that regard, don't know.

Last edited:
This may sound a little silly, but are there any Arcade Physics Mods for Assetto Corsa? I'm mainly thinking about Ridge Racer 7 & Initial D: Extreme Stage.

Hello mates!
I've seen the SSR5 from Gran Turismo... if the author is here my personal congratulations... by the way, is there any possibility to include the original billboards and if its possible to replace the tunnel with the original one? And, sorry if I'm asking too much but it's possible to realize the club version too? As I sad, sorry for asking too much but reliving the feeling of the first simulator that I ever tried is something special. I also know that the SSR11 it's a wip so I can't wait to drive again on that roads through the right-left chicane under the tunnel. I hope I've awakened some nostalgic people out there.
Unfortunately I'm not a modder but I'd like to make something small as soon as I have some free time, but at the moment the only contribution I can make is this video if someone (or the author himself) is going to replicate the original billboards.

Not at all, do you wish some coffee and coockies too?

Kidding. ;)

O agree with you if!
The modder make all, with the very same graphics as PS1. Man the 1st seconds of the video made me smile. :)

Haha

I purchased that F40 and not as good as beto version.
I keep going back to it to see if it was just me, but something is off with it.

Here ya go Teddie, picture is with original ai lines:

View attachment 942564

The track doesn't seem to have it's own layout (kn5?) so maybe the ai still thinks it's supposed to go straight, and then realizes too late it should turn? I don't know. One problem could also be the braking zone starts before the start/finish line. AI hints have no effect (I've never tried to create a hint that traversed the S/F). Stumped.

Are they able to manage that chicane on the first lap and screw the pooch on subsequent laps?

Here ya go Teddie, picture is with original ai lines:

View attachment 942564

The track doesn't seem to have it's own layout (kn5?) so maybe the ai still thinks it's supposed to go straight, and then realizes too late it should turn? I don't know. One problem could also be the braking zone starts before the start/finish line. AI hints have no effect (I've never tried to create a hint that traversed the S/F). Stumped.

I think it's the proximity of the start/finish line to the chicane, I've just had similar problems writing an AI line for the circuit 'Egelsbach' which has the S/F line in the middle of a series of sweeping right hand corners. Despite it not being in any way the sort of corner that normal causes the AI issues, they kept spearing off at this point just past the S/F line, like they had an inability to take instruction for a short period when crossing the S/F line.

The only way I managed to cure it was a hint that went from something like 0.98-1.00 and then carried on from 0-0.03 and at a ridiculous value, I think 0.4 in the end which I've never even come close to needing before, with that they took the corner at nearly full race speed without crashing, but even a 0.5 hint and they just flew off like they couldn't work out there was a corner.

So maybe try far more extreme hint/brakehint values and get them joining up from the end to the start of the lap.

I think it's the proximity of the start/finish line to the chicane, I've just had similar problems writing an AI line for the circuit 'Egelsbach' which has the S/F line in the middle of a series of sweeping right hand corners. Despite it not being in any way the sort of corner that normal causes the AI issues, they kept spearing off at this point just past the S/F line, like they had an inability to take instruction for a short period when crossing the S/F line.

The only way I managed to cure it was a hint that went from something like 0.98-1.00 and then carried on from 0-0.03 and at a ridiculous value, I think 0.4 in the end which I've never even come close to needing before, with that they took the corner at nearly full race speed without crashing, but even a 0.5 hint and they just flew off like they couldn't work out there was a corner.

So maybe try far more extreme hint/brakehint values and get them joining up from the end to the start of the lap.

I'm thinking the same thing @GIBBONS. That's why I was wondering if they managed the chicane ok on the first lap only. I've got another track that has the same problem that I've been working on that I keep forgetting to send to LiquidSkyMan.

Tommy78 is building a model of DTM Audi quattro V8 from scratch, and is really doing an impressive work. This really looks just wow to me:
View attachment 942470

View attachment 942471

View attachment 942472

He's I guess finished with graphics now, and only physics left. You can check his progress and more full res photos here:

https://tpongracz.com/news/

The Omega and Mustang are seriously good mods, so I expect this pack is gonna be really something special when finished.

Man, I think I'm going to have to buy up all his stuff. I've heard a lot of good stuff about his Mustang especially.

Last edited:
Hey Guys

Does anyone have a fix for when your car stops leaving tyre marks? All cars all tracks, currently using sol 1.4 and csp 0.1.46

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yeah, i think the first rip version is from f1 2014 or 2015 .... or 2016
Thanks for confirming, I had a feeling it was, it has CodeMasters grubby fingers all over it. No offence intended at all to the modder converting the work, but the track models from Codemasters really are “the pits” (no pun intended). They are just woefully inaccurate all over the show, however that’s what you get when you have a mass produced console centric mass appeal F1 game.

Hey Guys, Has anyone tried the AVR500R mod by Natsuki?
How does it compare to the URD JT5 Shiro? Im planning to buy it, but I wanna be sure.

EdVCTcqU4AEXbN0
Has anyone got this? Really interested to hear how it handles.

Right really simple to use skin.
All it will do is change the poplar trees and the red kerbs to green (they are in real life), for the incredible Mallory Park.
Also tidied up the 'flying cars' on the building near hairpin and has new track texture.

If you don't like say the track texture then delete the track texture from folder etc...

Simple to click on and off such is the joy of CM.

Add to skins folder.

images (6).jpg

Screenshot_ks_maserati_levante_mallory_park_21-7-120-19-14-55.jpg

Attachments

• poplar trees.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 46
Are they able to manage that chicane on the first lap and screw the pooch on subsequent laps?

I don't think I've tried a race yet, as I wasn't able to get them around the track in track day mode.

Thanks for your input, interesting.... I did try splitting them up over the S/F but you are right, not to those extreme values. Ugh.... more testing, lol.

OK, made a discovery today, that might help some people. It was driving me crazy since i bought the first URD GTE car (modern one), and was getting me even more crazy with gt4 pack from Guerilla. It also happened on other mod packs here and there, but not so often. And all that even though i had normal stable FPS rate. I kept getting this micro stutters of picture, like frame drops. Sometimes every few seconds, sometimes not so often. I was trying everything, thinking it had something to do with video settings of my PC. I gave up eventually, didn't drive gt4s at all even though i like them a lot, and I was always struggling with GTEs. Couldn't give that up, as Aston Martin GTE 2019 from URD is in my opinion the best car to drive in all sim racing.

Today i was going through settings and opened the audio_engine.ini file. I remembered that it was a thing a while back to change the number of audio channels from 256 to 512. Don't remember why. Had something to do wit ACFan's and Fonsecker mods not working correctly. And i had this setting again on 256. Don't remember putting it back. It must of happened when doing an integrity check after a power outage and my AC wouldn't start. Then i started thinking, both these packs have very loud intensive sounds of cars, i have an ACFan mod on some GTEs....

Anyway to shorten the story, changed the channels from 256 to 512, and no more stuttering of picture in both mod packs. IT WAS THE SOUND!!! THE ENTIRE TIME, IT WAS THE SOUND!!!!

If you have similar problems, the file audio_engine.ini is located in: ...\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Change the value of max channels to 512. It should then look like this:

[SETTINGS]
ENABLE_AUDIO=1
MAX_CHANNELS=512
UPDATE_INTERVAL=0
ENABLE_PERFORMANCE_SPEW=0
LIVE_UPDATE=0

This doesn't lower your FPS and you won't brake anything in AC by changing this and you can always change it back. The hours I spent fixing this, AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! It makes me so mad.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back