Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,210 comments
110137829-382312449407582-7288923547338164752-n.jpg
Do you know if there is a mod of this car in AC?
Thanks for the kind answers

You're gonnae wait a long, loooong time then. That **** wants 1.5K subs and he's sitting at 150 ahah.
Yeah, classic backfire. Like kidnapping someone's kid and demanding a ransom only to be told "thanks very much, you can keep the little sod".

Anyone who tries to inflate their own ego by holding their mods to ransom deserves public ridicule then ignoring completely.

Thanks for the hints dathyr. This definitely works better. It's still strange though- I could get the Formula Hybrids and V6's to make the turn with your settings (not the cars I'd be inclined to use on a track like this), but it seemed like heavier cars, like GT3's or the Ferrari 812 Superfast, for example, were still over shooting. When I tried to use smaller values, I could see them a bit slower, but still the same exact miss in same exact spot. It got to the point where the race starts were getting ridiculously slow, so I gave up (maybe for good).

Well there's several more hours out the door. At least I have some of the cars working now, thanks to you. 👍

BTW thanks also to @GIBBONS for his suggestions.

Yeah it is probably going to vary from car to car to get them to slow down through that chicane. I had all my F1 cars go through ok and the Mclearan GT3 650 car in my testing and several slower cars.

@KevinK2 what DIFFICULTY level you trying to get them to work to go through the chicane?

Note: I ran the AI difficulty at 88% and aggression at 70%. The F1 AI cars move pretty good through the rest of the TEST track. Any faster some cars tip up on 2 wheels on the rest of the track

Also my numbers are a starting point and can be changed. I dont want them too much slower otherwise they go way too slow on the first lap in the chicane.

Assetto Corsa is not consistent enough on the first couple of laps making it hard to make the AI do what you want them to do.

Without moving the the start line back farther and the starting grid, we are kind of stuck with this problem. I also noticed the brake RED part of the ideal fast lane line is very short to the chicane, so that does not give the AI cars enough time for braking.

But it works pretty good for me for the cars I use all the time, mainly FI.

Both myself and @GIBBONS are thinking along the same solution to try.
Whoever wants to use that track is going to have to figure it out for themselves and pick certain cars.

Last edited:
110137829-382312449407582-7288923547338164752-n.jpg
Do you know if there is a mod of this car in AC?
Thanks for the kind answers

As others have noted, the mod that's posted on Youtube (link below), the video was posted on May 27th, almost two months ago, with a statement that it will be released when the channel reaches 1,500 subscribers. Almost two months later, and only 150 subscribers. So at this rate, the mod will be released in one or two years, unless the "creator" does something else to promote it, or better yet, promote their ability to create quality mods. Ideally, he (or she) should have released a couple of other good mods to the community to establish a good reputation and a "relationship" with the community. This would help build anticipation and interest for a mod with this kind of "target" to gain subscribers.

In the video, the mod looks like a straight rip from one of the older sims (I loved it in GTR2) and the physics for this AC version look too "grippy" and unrealistic.

So, once @Shaun Clarke has finished updating or completes his Radical SR3 mod, he has plenty of time to develop and release a high-quality Formula Ford mod, with the correct physics, long before this other "mod" is released. Besides, I'd rather have this mod from Shaun anyway. If this other "modder" had Shaun's reputation, he could probably get 1,500 subscribers in a few months or less, and it might be worth it if we knew he was as passionate as Shaun is about his mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Contentmanager you can extract the Gemballa within the showroom. then open the fbx File in KS Editor, select the window and set it to transparent. Maybe you need to select the window from inside the car. Hope this helps, otherwise come back to me.
Does this work if you have a windscreen that doesn't look right when it's getting the sun from certain angles? (e.g. Chivas SGT500 mod, I think)

I have a big problem, as seen in the picture ...
tmkoce

I am creating a hillclimb track and I was thinking of using some original kunos objects such as marshall, ambulance, tow truck, but by expressing with 3dsimed and importing it on Race track builder the objects do not recognize the texture, can someone help me on this?

Other question, if i want to change texture and raise the grass, how do you do it?

I bought it! Here's how it handles.
(Im no sim expert and I dont know anything about realism so take this with a g̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ Spoonful of salt)

IT definitely feels more lively than the URD JT5 Shiro, it feels more weighted too, and more affected by weight transfer. And if the URD Shiro has a slight understeer tendency, this one is more eager to oversteer out of corners, especially at low speeds. it really does feel RWD if that makes sense. The steering ratio is different too, the AVR feels more like steering an LMP car, much shorter ratio.

I think its a tad bit faster than the Shiro on speed, but is a bit unsure at corners, so they post a similar lap time on Suzuka.

The model is great looking too, I kinda like it more than URDs car, but I dont know if thats because its the 2020 updated car or the modelling is better.

Im not sure which is more realistic, but I do say that the AVR is more difficult to drive, and a bit more fun. I like driving it more than the URD but that may just be me. I just wish theres more skins and liveries for it.

EDIT: It also has working wipers, unlike the URD which is a big plus if you want Suzuka on the Wet

View attachment 942685 View attachment 942686
How is the interior? That's wat worries me, cause I doubt its up there with the URD.

How is the interior? That's wat worries me, cause I doubt its up there with the URD.

IMO interior is good, not great. URD is better.

Engine sound is weird and I had to swap it because I had some popping sound issues. Shouldn't happen with a paymod. :irked:

Anyways it's a good car to have, I've had fun with it, just took a bit getting used to. Driving experience differs quite much from URD Shiro, so having the Shiro in garage is no excuse to not have AVR500-R. :)

IMO interior is good, not great. URD is better.

Engine sound is weird and I had to swap it because I had some popping sound issues. Shouldn't happen with a paymod. :irked:

Anyways it's a good car to have, I've had fun with it, just took a bit getting used to. Driving experience differs quite much from URD Shiro, so having the Shiro in garage is no excuse to not have AVR500-R. :)
How much is it?

Can anyone help me in my confusion please?

I have Rollover GT4 cars all at 1.0. CM reports author as 'GUERILLA Mods + The Rollovers'

However, I recently joined the Guerilla FB group to get latest GT4s but these are all at v0.23 even though some post date the cars I already have at v1.0.

Can't remember how I acquired the v1.0 cars and unsure which is latest and whether it is worth deleting and trying the Guerilla FB cars...

Can anyone help me in my confusion please?

I have Rollover GT4 cars all at 1.0. CM reports author as 'GUERILLA Mods + The Rollovers'

However, I recently joined the Guerilla FB group to get latest GT4s but these are all at v0.23 even though some post date the cars I already have at v1.0.

Can't remember how I acquired the v1.0 cars and unsure which is latest and whether it is worth deleting and trying the Guerilla FB cars...
There is no 1.0 version yet. These are all still in beta. Somebody changed the version numbers I guess. The last versions of betas of all cars is always in their beta folder. Link in this post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1398#post-13165634

@KevinK2 @dathyr

This is only a 20 minute mess around using the original fast lane, but it gets the handful of fast road cars I tried around the first chicane without being ridiculously slow on the opening lap.

[HINT_0]
START=0
END=0.02
VALUE=0.5

[HINT_1]
START=0.95
END=1
VALUE=0.3

It's still not great as it has the AI tapping the brakes at points on the main straight (now confirming my suspicions that there's a black hole around the SF line where the AI don't function as normal) but it does sort of work. Generally in my experience you should steer clear of the maxspeed hint unless you're trying to stop cars from getting air or just want them to lift at certain points of the track. It doesn't cause the AI to brake to the maxspeed setting but rather lift off until they hit the speed limit, this is probably why dathyr's hints worked with formula cars as they have huge aerodynamic drag so lifting slows them much quicker, it's also likely the reason why they are so slow at the start as they won't accelerate past the limit.

Sorry for asking, but are the unfinished tracks available to download?

I have a google drive for my old shiz in case I pick them up again.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KlrrFP3U9Za7WjgqBdpOeJ2SdPVpyiNF?usp=sharing

Or grab Mike08 nice CSP update for The Snake.
https://sharemods.com/9w1cucegy3bt/UPDATED_07_2020_a_test_snake_.zip.html

I'm in a total nerdy OCD mode. Anyone else just spend hours on end finding and enhancing preview pic replacements, finding descriptions, setting geo tags, etc? So relaxing.
View attachment 940984

Where did you find Bikolpuszta-Tardos for AC?

Question:
Does Mordor need a Grand Prix circuit?

Sorry in advance...

49253h.jpg

I have a google drive for my old shiz in case I pick them up again.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KlrrFP3U9Za7WjgqBdpOeJ2SdPVpyiNF?usp=sharing

Or grab Mike08 nice CSP update for The Snake.
https://sharemods.com/9w1cucegy3bt/UPDATED_07_2020_a_test_snake_.zip.html

Where did you find Bikolpuszta-Tardos for AC?

Sorry in advance...

49253h.jpg
Right, you are the guy who was trying to convert Bathurst from ACC. Are you ever planning to continue on this quest (pun intended,... Mordor)?

I know a while back @Jimlloyd was looking for more accurate resources for updating his Fm7 version of the track, which is also "laserscanned", but is wildly inaccurate in some places. Hope @Jimlloyd you still plan on doing these some time and maybe use this as help. If not, don't mind me, just trying to wish something into existence. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back