Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,704 comments
Would someone be able to have a look at converting the Algarve Portimao track from Grid 2? I don't know if that is even possible?

Re Tommy78's 90s DTM cars, I emailed him yesterday to ask him whether he'd BoP his cars to match the Kunos 90s DTM cars. No reply yet.

I'm disappointed by this BoP problem with Tommy78's cars and the Kunos ones. I was hoping to race them in grids with the Kunos cars. But that barely seems possible if I'm driving one of his -much faster- DTM cars as the Kunos cars aren't at all competitive even at 100% AI strength (and I'm not that fast, I'm very probably average). I race in offline championships mostly and any ballast or restrictor I add to my car doesn't affect it.
AI is one thing but in multiplayer kunos cars and t78 cars are in same league. As I tested lap times were in same second.

Yes there is.

horizon.png

horizon2.png

Black arrow is the straight line bar you seem to have added (and it goes all around the track).
Yellow arrow is the original background, pretty low (as in RL) but noticeable anyway.

I have the same issue. I am on latest SOL and CSP. The grey horizon was not on the original track (http://assettomods.com/mainz-finthen-1989/).

Guys, here are my edits for Milan Castello Circuit. This will not overwrite the original track. This will install as its own track for the usual reasons; I had to modify the kn5 files, etc. Plus this will allow you to more easily compare this version with whatever version you're currently using.

Trees look much better, I can say that much, but they don't come free... 59,2 fps (63,4 with all spectators removed) versus 84,8 fps AVG in the original...
And the track was already pretty demanding.

I did not even know of a second layout...curious now :cool:

Btw: there's this little thing that bothered me in the original version and it is still present in this one. Nothing major, but once you've noticed it, you see it every lap :D

milan.png

Is the GRiD 2 version the most accurate example?
In my estimation, yes.

The Reboot version is pretty inaccurate, virtually every corner is wrong in some way. I only spotted the Grid version a few days ago and it looks far more faithful. The crests are much better and the camber is more like the real track.

Perhaps when F1 goes there in a few weeks there will be more knowledge of this great track and more of a desire for a better version.

Yes there is.

horizon.png

horizon2.png

Black arrow is the straight line bar you seem to have added (and it goes all around the track).
Yellow arrow is the original background, pretty low (as in RL) but noticeable anyway.

Fixed,

I don't understand why but in game he nor with no horizon that appears in game on this track even with the original kn5, this is why I had not seen it

Fixed,

I don't understand why but in game he nor with no horizon that appears in game on this track even with the original kn5, this is why I had not seen it

Can you please tell us how to fix the lack of brightness in all your other recent updates? Is there an addition we can tack on to the extension files to bring the sun back out and make the shadows stonger again?

Hi, I've noticed a problem with a couple of cars I tried. I only started using CSP in the last few weeks, and thought it might be the newest version of Sol, so I've already tried rolling back the versions of each, with no change. When I tried the Amuse R35 and Rollovers DTM Mercedes, as the car passes a replay camera, the far side of the car turns invisible, as seen through the interior, and the Amuse R35 also reverts to just a driver sitting on a shadow at far distances. Is this a problem with these 2 cars, or do I need to alter a setting somewhere I'm not familiar with? Thanks for any help in advance
try...

open ./data/lods.ini
edit
[LOD_0]
FILE=the_model.kn5
IN=0
OUT=1500

oh thanks, and sorry for living, i´m dump

I'll do that

I didn't say you were dumb or that you should be sorry for living, but when it comes to question like the one you asked, a simple internet search is your best friend. There are plenty of videos on youtube that show exactly what to do, step-by-step too.

I didn't say you were dumb or that you should be sorry for living, but when it comes to question like the one you asked, a simple internet search is your best friend. There are plenty of videos on youtube that show exactly what to do, step-by-step too.

ok, thanks... next time San google... forums for what? :S

no problem mate

In my estimation, yes.

The Reboot version is pretty inaccurate, virtually every corner is wrong in some way. I only spotted the Grid version a few days ago and it looks far more faithful. The crests are much better and the camber is more like the real track.

Perhaps when F1 goes there in a few weeks there will be more knowledge of this great track and more of a desire for a better version.
I only asked because GRiD isn't particularly known for the accuracy of its real-world tracks, so there might be a more recent and more accurate version to convert.
Regardless of that, what you are asking will probably involve hundreds of man-hours (if done properly) so you're more likely to have to hope that a modder really wants to do this conversion, or commission the work yourself.
I posted a video yesterday of a Cote d'Azur track from GRiD 2 - you could try contacting that guy, it might be on his to-do list. He does a lot of GRiD 2 conversions, but seems to mainly do the fictional tracks.

Hello guys,
is it possible to replace or update trees with better shadows on Hockenheimring 1988? They look too much cartoonish and flat with low textures, a little outdated.
Or does anyone know about good version between 1998-2001 with different chicane? :confused:

Done for Magny-Cours v1.33 :)

Thanks a lot buddy, for this and the increases on Montreal 88' and Okayama 94'. If you keep adding pit boxes to each of your updates then you'll have a guaranteed download right here every time.

All of that was already done. What did you fix that isn't listed? Four more pit boxes?

Yes, 4 more pit boxes, something which I asked him to include in his updates if he could and to which he generously obliged.

At least everybody will now understand why more and more modders are enctypting models or keeping their work private or charging money for it. They are sick of their work being quickly and casually hacked up by butchers and repackaged.

Well isn't this precious, now we've got people out in support of encryption as a result of someone providing free optional updates on old and neglected track mods. Here's a radical idea for those that find EASY's updates so incredibly offensive... don't download them... maybe even put him on ignore. Whether you like it or not, he's absolutely free and entitled to make whatever changes/updates he wants to these mods and release them here for people to decide whether or not to download.

I only asked because GRiD isn't particularly known for the accuracy of its real-world tracks, so there might be a more recent and more accurate version to convert.
Regardless of that, what you are asking will probably involve hundreds of man-hours (if done properly) so you're more likely to have to hope that a modder really wants to do this conversion, or commission the work yourself.
I posted a video yesterday of a Cote d'Azur track from GRiD 2 - you could try contacting that guy, it might be on his to-do list. He does a lot of GRiD 2 conversions, but seems to mainly do the fictional tracks.

The Grid 2 version of Algarve looks a touch wide, but of the tracks that assets can be converted, it looks the best option. I think if it were possible to convert the pCARS2 version that would be the holy grail as that was lidar scanned and it does look really spot on.

I know the Codemasters tracks aren't regarded for their accuracy, which is why I was surprised at this Algarve layout from Grid, it looks pretty good.

Well isn't this precious, now we've got people out in support of encryption as a result of someone providing free optional updates on old and neglected track mods. Here's a radical idea for those that find EASY's updates so incredibly offensive... don't download them... maybe even put him on ignore. Whether you like it or not, he's absolutely free and entitled to make whatever changes/updates he wants to these mods and release them here for people to decide whether or not to download.

Cool your jets. Where did I say I was in support of encryption? I gave the reason why some modders use it. Try reading it again.
And you seem to have totally missed the whole point of the discussion over the past few days regarding preservation of original work and safer/better/more appropriate/more efficient ways to provide updates. Try reading it again.

Trees look much better, I can say that much, but they don't come free... 59,2 fps (63,4 with all spectators removed) versus 84,8 fps AVG in the original...

Btw: there's this little thing that bothered me in the original version and it is still present in this one. Nothing major, but once you've noticed it, you see it every lap :D

View attachment 944736
upload_2020-7-29_11-33-4.png

Milan Castello Circuit (acf_milan_castello_circuit) fix
Here a quick fix per config I made exactly 1 year ago for the original version... :)
Not the best looking, but better then this really annoying background plate before. :D

Extract to ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\acf_milan_castello_circuit.ini or into \loaded\

Attachments

• acf_milan_castello_circuit.zip
    593 bytes · Views: 78
Quite a fun little car this on medium/twisty tracks. Not very fast but cocks a hind leg like a bulldog with a bladder infection.
RenaultSport Twingo Hipermax by Momma Bongos

That's a fun little race car, thanks. Feels very nice too.
7-gears !
Now, if someone could make the wiper work... :sly:

Milan Castello Circuit (acf_milan_castello_circuit) fix
Here a quick fix per config I made exactly 1 year ago for the original version... :)
Not the best looking, but better then this really annoying background plate before. :D

Looks good to me, thanks ! :cheers:
Btw: it works for the Ted version too (changed the name accordingly)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back