Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,767 comments
Thank you Kunos for the hard work, thank you Turn10 for the trees, thanks reboot team for setting up a couple of files and shaders :bowdown:

We should not forget @Lernatix. His work was also massive here. Without his initial conversion work, none of this would be possible. Hope @Lernatix you ever find time for another convertion from ACC, as it seems you are the only one who successfully tackled this until now (or maybe someone else will maybe try to do this). All tracks in ACC are laser scanned, so there are 5 more tracks there, that we don't have a laser scanned version in AC yet. Suzuka, Hungaroring, Paul Ricard, Kyalami and Misano. We have very nice versions in AC, but as we see with Bathurst, the difference is more than noticeable.

Guys, Chivas put out a new Autopolis that I think is pretty nice. I can't find the facebook post of it, so here:
If anyone has the FB post link, lemme know and I'll replace it what that so Chivas gets the traffic.

EDIT: :) thanks guys for info on past post:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1523#post-13196998

Speaking about Autopolis. In this version (like in the other version recently updated by Zwiss) there is another track "included" - the little Lakeside track. Unfortunately it is not driveable. In the photo below it can be seen on the right side, around the lake. This track was in NFS Shift 1 + 2.

Maybe someone want to make this as a stand alone track or track layout of Autopolis.

upload_2020-8-29_6-58-58.png

We should not forget @Lernatix. His work was also massive here. Without his initial conversion work, none of this would be possible. Hope @Lernatix you ever find time for another convertion from ACC, as it seems you are the only one who successfully tackled this until now (or maybe someone else will maybe try to do this). All tracks in ACC are laser scanned, so there are 5 more tracks there, that we don't have a laser scanned version in AC yet. Suzuka, Hungaroring, Paul Ricard, Kyalami and Misano. We have very nice versions in AC, but as we see with Bathurst, the difference is more than noticeable.
Meh, far from difficult...

Last edited:
Speaking about Autopolis. In this version (like in the other version recently updated by Zwiss) there is another track "included" - the little Lakeside track. Unfortunately it is not driveable. In the photo below it can be seen on the right side, around the lake. This track was in NFS Shift 1 + 2.

Maybe someone want to make this as a stand alone track or track layout of Autopolis.

View attachment 953234

Bayside??? I'll have a look. I have so many good memories on that track.

Bathurst track is awesome, however i have 1 gripe with it.......

THE TIMING LINE IS IN THE WRONG PLACE!!!!!!!

Needs to be at the overhead bridge coming out of murrays not at the starting line, idk how something this tiny was missed. something so crucial, important and unique about bathurst.

hopefully this can be fixed up :)

Check the surfaces in...it's as it should be...you can edit for your own pleasure...but you will not be able to use online
Excellent. Thank you for this. I don't race much online, so I don't mind. I increased the value of traction just a tiny bit, from 0.95 to 0.97 and now I can take the corners at speeds and angles like they do IRL. Happy, happy, happy. What a track!!!!

Hi @JakuP, foremost thanks for the recent update.

I've now driven both (original and the update), and the revised mod now feels way too restricted from the monster that it was... The original version seemed, how to politely put it, a beast to master, and very much unpredictable on throttle, with many times being caught out sideways taking sharp turns...

The latter version is also great to drive, and we all have feedback variations. But in my humblest of opinions, the actual feel is a junior version in comparison...

FYI: A couple of RD updates have not made it through to your update, these being:
- fix for the rear brake/tail lights
- updated liveries now with the black window-frames

Cheers 👍

have not tried latter version yet, but if it was restricted - then now its far from real specs. Because originally it was power to reach 961 max speed. and its car of 1985 year with 650 horse power, its not GT3 car with electronic helpers, my opinion

Excellent. Thank you for this. I don't race much online, so I don't mind. I increased the value of traction just a tiny bit, from 0.95 to 0.97 and now I can take the corners at speeds and angles like they do IRL. Happy, happy, happy. What a track!!!!

I took it to 0.98.

hi every one!!! I test the Bathurst versions from Terra21 & Jim Lloyd, and the new from Reboot Team, I think visually, from the cockpit view, the first has better textures, and the elevations change are more notorious, what do you think? any first person impression from the real world here?
from Terra21:
View attachment 953181
from Reboot:
View attachment 953182

The first one is wildly inaccurate (taken from Forza 7 by turn 10) even though it's claimed to be a laser scan

The second is from ACC and is to my understanding currently the most up to date and accurate laser scan data...

Your personal choice as to which you prefer

Enjoy

some pointers please, if you have a track texture you want to desaturate, but, you cannot replace it because it is the entire track terrain (the grass is WAY too green, so the grassfx on top of it also way too green, can CSP be used to "desaturate" a texture? (i tried to desaturate the grass dds itself highlands, but.. nope, didnt work as i was expecting)

Working on the squillion dollar Bend track fwiw.. there is NOWHERE in Australia with grass that green ;)

some pointers please, if you have a track texture you want to desaturate, but, you cannot replace it because it is the entire track terrain (the grass is WAY too green, so the grassfx on top of it also way too green, can CSP be used to "desaturate" a texture? (i tried to desaturate the grass dds itself highlands, but.. nope, didnt work as i was expecting)

Working on the squillion dollar Bend track fwiw.. there is NOWHERE in Australia with grass that green ;)

I've been trying to find a fix for this too RCB. Not only is the grass way too green, but it's also way too even. I pinched a few bits from other configs as a makeshift fix, but I'm still not that happy with the result, but it's a bit better than before. Some lines here may be redundant, but hey... It still looks OK! :

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = Terrain?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = Kerb?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = Kerb?
MASK_BLUR = 1
SHAPE_SIZE=1.3
SHAPE_TIDY=0
SHAPE_CUT=0
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

[GRASS_FX_AREA_0]
CENTER=0, 0
SIZE=100000, 100000
MODE=ADD
HEIGHT_MULT=0.01, 0.35
TRIM_PERIOD=THURSDAY

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1 ; extra textures, X and Y of slot starting with 1, skipping first row
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2 = 1, 2, 2, 1 ; texture taking 21 slots
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE = 0.7, 1.5
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.0025

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
MAP = A

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_1]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1 ; extra textures, X and Y of slot starting with 1, skipping first row
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1

[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_B]
SHAPE_SIZE = 0.5, 1.25
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.00125

MATERIALS =
MAP = B

I've been trying to find a fix for this too RCB. Not only is the grass way too green, but it's also way too even. I pinched a few bits from other configs as a makeshift fix, but I'm still not that happy with the result, but it's a bit better than before. Some lines here may be redundant, but hey... It still looks OK! :

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = Terrain?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = Kerb?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = Kerb?
MASK_BLUR = 1
SHAPE_SIZE=1.3
SHAPE_TIDY=0
SHAPE_CUT=0
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

[GRASS_FX_AREA_0]
CENTER=0, 0
SIZE=100000, 100000
MODE=ADD
HEIGHT_MULT=0.01, 0.35
TRIM_PERIOD=THURSDAY

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE = 0.7, 1.5
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.0025

MATERIALS = GRASS?
MAP = A

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_1]
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1

[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_B]
SHAPE_SIZE = 0.5, 1.25
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.00125

MATERIALS =
MAP = B

Thanks for the info, its a pretty good config, a bit more natural, the issue i face is that the material "terrain" is kinda messed up.. sad for an asking fee of $50AUD!!
Anyhow if you see right hand side "ok" (needs to be lighter/browner even) versus left hand side "too green" its the issue I wam trying to solve.. original texture is not consistent.. guess i need to just cave in and buy 3dsimed, so i can extract it and poke around with it..
upload_2020-8-29_18-11-38.png

Thanks for the info, its a pretty good config, a bit more natural, the issue i face is that the material "terrain" is kinda messed up.. sad for an asking fee of $50AUD!!
Anyhow if you see right hand side "ok" (needs to be lighter/browner even) versus left hand side "too green" its the issue I wam trying to solve.. original texture is not consistent.. guess i need to just cave in and buy 3dsimed, so i can extract it and poke around with it..
View attachment 953253

I think the only way to fix this is to look at how its UV mapped

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back