- 1,195

- Australia
I figured that too (my noobish foray dulling down that godawful green wall in Willow), but, the texture is "terrain" for everything you see on the track that is not track or buldings, so id need to grab and entire high res google maps image to replace it.Can't you just create a track skin in CM, override the appropriate grass DDS, desaturate it in PS or GIMP (or even replace the whole DDS with one from a track with the type of grass you want) and save it back into the skin?
I do it all the time, it's quick and easy. No need for 3D programs.
EDIT: reread you post. I did try that, but it went kinda wierd on me. May try that again. BUT, I think i need to get into the actual terrain image.. paint the brown in, or replace with google image, maybe paint in a bit of grass they planted near the edge since.. this track is closer to willow than nordschlieffe.. that green is just killing ti for me, as I have take my bike around it.
Last edited: