PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Don123456789

Don123456789

SiR80, TY Williams and JakubP like this.
  2. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

God Bless whole this community but in particular whole Cars/Tracks modders. I hope to learn something sooner or later to help!

Don123456789 and JakubP like this.
  3. Shokeus

Shokeus

SiR80, chabalian, kalun318 and 8 others like this.
  4. Masscot

Masscot

Thanks - I've tried this in the past with other cars that use emissive lighting and I think you just end up with a single little dull point source.

Beezer215 likes this.
  5. JakubP

JakubP

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Masscot likes this.
  6. graveltrap

graveltrap

Hello VR :drool::cool::sick::cool::eek::cool:

MRM1GAMING likes this.
  7. dathyr

dathyr

I also say thanks for this information on 3dsimed. @RMi_wood I always do a "Reset View" before doing my exports back to KN5. Not sure, but does this make any difference in final size of KN5 files?

Also when you do go from 3dsimed to FBX and then go to KSeditor, Do you have to change all the graphics to make them look right so they dont look 2d or a strange funky looking graphics? Not sure if I am explaining that correctly.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  8. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

Tbh, yours look like the same as one of mines.
    I'm saying this, 'watching' the track while racing and not walking around as a FPS.
    As for the track limits penalty, the others are more 'friendly'. Tested at the same spots.
    Really doesn't make sense hitting a fence (losing time), get a penalty.:confused: We are not shortcutting anything.

Please don't see this as a negative criticism. I know you will provide a better upfate optimized file size track.

Thank you for your hard work.:tup:

Cheers

9. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

finally got back to Curvelo after the tripoli sidetrack.

Extracted all the trees and bushes from the original AMS track, ran my script on them to X tree them and MUCH better, lots of different trees now, in lots of height and colour variations.

interesting to note, the trees in orginal AMS track mach the (older) trees on the sattelite photo pretty much damn deadone, so dumped all my trees and used these instead! (see last image where i had not painted out the trees.. those are old AMS trees on the new 2020 sattelite image.
    upload_2020-9-28_22-23-26.png
    upload_2020-9-28_22-29-31.png

upload_2020-9-28_22-28-1.png

10. flyingsaucer

flyingsaucer

First all @Shokeus thanks a lots for your mod! Thanks a lot @JakubP personally if it wasn't for him, since I'm new to the forum, I would never have known about this mod. There may be many reasons
    A) Who has recently approached mod.
    B) Old and new modders are not personally known.

Clearly I speak for myself the positive aspect of being able to share your projects among "you" modders It's that in the end I am sure that you can have very high quality mods starting from graphic profiles, physics, shaders, etc. .. Keep togheter you are all very professional and for what little I have seen you always try to be able to contact the main author before making corrections and improvements to both the graphic/shaders and physical sectors. In this way one thing is sure it increases the popularity of both those who improve but certainly also of those who originally created. For example I now know that Shokeus is a modder / creator.

@Shokeus your mod link has updated data inside now?

Thank you all
    Cheers
    Tony

11. mmoerzin

mmoerzin

The sound i love it

12. dathyr

dathyr

The picture you show with the hotap box position should work fine with it behind all the grid cars, unless you want to move the hotlap box position further back on the track to see what it does. i usually dont tinker around testing the hotlapping feature that much.

TheRealCeeBee likes this.
  13. RMi_wood

RMi_wood

I always do a "edit, purge (empty objects/mterial)"
    ksEditor seems to not always honor some transparent materials with a fbx import from 3dSimed.

I expanded mike08 500mb track with the above process, only saved 10k. The fbx was only 100mb however

SiR80, Don123456789 and dathyr like this.
  14. Shokeus

Shokeus

Thank Flyingsaucer , yes data updated

JakubP : steer ratio , power and torque , new texture interior , news sound

Shokeus : correction ligths/brake rear , correction caliper , correction rollcage , news livery icon , new exhaust , correction ratio 5th gear

zuotoski, LeGeNd-1, Paintbox and 7 others like this.
  15. SpeedStar2000

SpeedStar2000

Aight I don't know if this question got asked pages and pages ago but does anyone know the gearing issue with the Opel Astra V8 DTM? Even with Velo's update the gearing still seems to have this problem.

Gabriele likes this.
  16. norms

norms

Both your 944 and Clio suffer complete lack of any AO, this is a must if you are approaching a 1.0 release as well as many other things. No LOD's and no working wipers etc. Don't get me wrong, I am not meaning to be harsh, you have done a good job so far and it would be great if you could add the above before you reach 1.0 at least. If you need any help with any of that then give me a shout :)

zuotoski, racealot, mteam and 7 others like this.
  17. Masscot

Masscot

The 944 is definitely worth taking to the next level, it's an absolute blast. There's something intangibly awesome about racing large packs of iconic cars like this one around tracks like Spa. I guess it brings to the surface deep-buried memories of watching them race as a kid.
    Agreed on the AO, wipers and LoDs. Wipers will be a requirement soon enough when Rain FX gets its public outing.
    @Shokeus, you should take @norms up on his kind offer - this dude knows his stuff.
    :tup:

zuotoski, gfrally, Fall Guy and 4 others like this.
  18. graveltrap

graveltrap

So the FK8 (current gen type R), that was posted a while back is on slicks, ideally it should be on 245/30/20's Model Specific Contisport Contact 6's with some extra reinforcement in the sidewalls. The new limited edition will come on Cup 2's :cool:

It would be nice to put some road / trackday tyres on the car, slicks are fine for a Touring car, but they don't really fit with the road car ;) Having a look through the available tyres I can see some 245/25/20 fronts from the 911 Carrera (street and semi Slick) and a Lambo (hyper car road), which I have put on using content manager, the dimensions are a little different from the slicks (247/20/20) is there anything that needs to be adjusted anywhere else to get them to work properly?

Helzephyr and SiR80 like this.
  19. Shokeus

Shokeus

thanks to you , I confess that 3d is not my strong I do what can to be closer to reality
    I don’t know how to do the "lods" B/C/D ... , AO , Whiper animations , I would like help on these points , thank you

zuotoski, bilao, SiR80 and 4 others like this.
  20. DjamilDrs

DjamilDrs

Guys sorry if this is off topic...
    Where can I find a High Quality ASTON MARTIN GT3 AMR PRO skins like this For ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE...:confused:
    Screenshot (119).png Screenshot (120).png

TY Williams likes this.
  21. ParanoidDoge

ParanoidDoge

Anyone with access to RD - does the RSS V12 have a full 1990 grid yet ? Stuck with the base skins and it's... Not great.

22. Mike08

Mike08

Oohkey.. can you send compare Screenshots?
    I cannot believe this.
    And how many Monti ciottolis are there?!
    Which one do you compare?
    Mine should Look Like this:

Just only the road should look totally different.
    New and other trees everywhere where there was nothing before, flowerfields with grassfx, Grass on the Mountains, changed ruins place with tree an bushes in Front instead of a Bus..
    3d Background Mountains.. there wasnt even a Background before... And so on...
    I mean that is Totally different.

sab001 and SillyBillyP like this.
  23. Akumetsu82

Akumetsu82

24. TonySSS

TonySSS

Why did you post it on Patreon only? Even if it's free there, it forces me to create an account there which I cannot do at all strangely.
    Was it perhaps deleted from RD hours ago and wasn't aware of it? If so, can you please upload it in Drive/MEGA/Mediafire/whatever?

25. DjamilDrs

DjamilDrs

26. Masscot

Masscot

What on earth are either of you banging on about?

Real Toonces, gergerger and doubleu like this.
  27. DjamilDrs

DjamilDrs

something bigger than you Lol :cool: JUST KIDDING don t take it the wrong way

28. Masscot

Masscot

Very nice model, inside and out. Who was it that likes putting grip tunes on slippy-slidey-sideways drift cars..?

TheRealCeeBee likes this.
  29. Mike08

Mike08

No, you do not need an Account.
    You can just download the files under the post.
    Like on a normal web page. You can even read other posts which are not patreon only.

I have no accounts there.
    And this is my main page now, so i use this.
    Because i pay fees for this.

30. Gregz0r

Gregz0r

I think 90% of the 1990 grid is already up on RD.