Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
1st: Better graphics and more objects need more filesize. Or does my track look the same like your others? :)
2nd: i experminted with 8k and 4k textures /bump Maps, in kn5 and external skin. I am sorry i had some texture placement problems , because they are so big, so it is not optimized yet. That is why it's not 1.0 yet.

Thanks mate, i will also check this after taking care of the textures.
Also thanks to Zwiss for his hints via PM!

Then i guess i should not have tested so much on the new sol Beta... And the csp Previews.
I had some variations of brightness .. Sometimes too dark Sometimes too bright.
Even on the official sol ppfilters.
I will tweak that again.

Tbh, yours look like the same as one of mines.
I'm saying this, 'watching' the track while racing and not walking around as a FPS.
As for the track limits penalty, the others are more 'friendly'. Tested at the same spots.
Really doesn't make sense hitting a fence (losing time), get a penalty.:confused: We are not shortcutting anything.

Please don't see this as a negative criticism. I know you will provide a better upfate optimized file size track.

Thank you for your hard work.👍

Cheers

finally got back to Curvelo after the tripoli sidetrack.

Extracted all the trees and bushes from the original AMS track, ran my script on them to X tree them and MUCH better, lots of different trees now, in lots of height and colour variations.

interesting to note, the trees in orginal AMS track mach the (older) trees on the sattelite photo pretty much damn deadone, so dumped all my trees and used these instead! (see last image where i had not painted out the trees.. those are old AMS trees on the new 2020 sattelite image.
upload_2020-9-28_22-23-26.png

upload_2020-9-28_22-29-31.png

upload_2020-9-28_22-28-1.png

Porsche 944 Turbo Cup V0.96

Link : https://mega.nz/file/1QIAiZTL#qPsxzZCFU17flpINxpOZUU-MG5vWOD__c0UmEPq9_q0

in the future if you have any changes to make thank you to send them to me first by private message before posting a new version that I check their accuracy , I would update myself if necessary , otherwise we will never get away with it , thanks

First all @Shokeus thanks a lots for your mod! Thanks a lot @JakubP personally if it wasn't for him, since I'm new to the forum, I would never have known about this mod. There may be many reasons
A) Who has recently approached mod.
B) Old and new modders are not personally known.

Clearly I speak for myself the positive aspect of being able to share your projects among "you" modders It's that in the end I am sure that you can have very high quality mods starting from graphic profiles, physics, shaders, etc. .. Keep togheter you are all very professional and for what little I have seen you always try to be able to contact the main author before making corrections and improvements to both the graphic/shaders and physical sectors. In this way one thing is sure it increases the popularity of both those who improve but certainly also of those who originally created. For example I now know that Shokeus is a modder / creator.

@Shokeus your mod link has updated data inside now?

Thank you all
Cheers
Tony

odd. the hotlap start position is quite a bit back behind the car grid (far right orange highlight, and the AC_TIME_0_L/R (left two highlights) is a car length in front of the grid. I will move the grid further back by another car length (but they will no longer be "in" the drawn car boxes on the grid visually) , maybe the car nose is "over" the finish line on start already?

not sure what to do about the hotlap position, its already behind the start line.

(edit: Other modders, RTB suggests that AC has glitches when any single 1road is longer than 1000m, in this case my entire length ~13km is one mesh, can this be causing the timing glitches experienced as the grid/hotlap/timinggate positions appear to be correct)

View attachment 961011

The picture you show with the hotap box position should work fine with it behind all the grid cars, unless you want to move the hotlap box position further back on the track to see what it does. i usually dont tinker around testing the hotlapping feature that much.

I also say thanks for this information on 3dsimed. @RMi_wood I always do a "Reset View" before doing my exports back to KN5. Not sure, but does this make any difference in final size of KN5 files?

Also when you do go from 3dsimed to FBX and then go to KSeditor, Do you have to change all the graphics to make them look right so they dont look 2d or a strange funky looking graphics? Not sure if I am explaining that correctly.
I always do a "edit, purge (empty objects/mterial)"
ksEditor seems to not always honor some transparent materials with a fbx import from 3dSimed.

I expanded mike08 500mb track with the above process, only saved 10k. The fbx was only 100mb however

Thank Flyingsaucer , yes data updated

JakubP : steer ratio , power and torque , new texture interior , news sound

Shokeus : correction ligths/brake rear , correction caliper , correction rollcage , news livery icon , new exhaust , correction ratio 5th gear

Last edited:
Aight I don't know if this question got asked pages and pages ago but does anyone know the gearing issue with the Opel Astra V8 DTM? Even with Velo's update the gearing still seems to have this problem.

Porsche 944 Turbo Cup V0.96

Link : https://mega.nz/file/1QIAiZTL#qPsxzZCFU17flpINxpOZUU-MG5vWOD__c0UmEPq9_q0

in the future if you have any changes to make thank you to send them to me first by private message before posting a new version that I check their accuracy , I would update myself if necessary , otherwise we will never get away with it , thanks
Both your 944 and Clio suffer complete lack of any AO, this is a must if you are approaching a 1.0 release as well as many other things. No LOD's and no working wipers etc. Don't get me wrong, I am not meaning to be harsh, you have done a good job so far and it would be great if you could add the above before you reach 1.0 at least. If you need any help with any of that then give me a shout :)

Both your 944 and Clio suffer complete lack of any AO, this is a must if you are approaching a 1.0 release as well as many other things. No LOD's and no working wipers etc. Don't get me wrong, I am not meaning to be harsh, you have done a good job so far and it would be great if you could add the above before you reach 1.0 at least. If you need any help with any of that then give me a shout :)
The 944 is definitely worth taking to the next level, it's an absolute blast. There's something intangibly awesome about racing large packs of iconic cars like this one around tracks like Spa. I guess it brings to the surface deep-buried memories of watching them race as a kid.
Agreed on the AO, wipers and LoDs. Wipers will be a requirement soon enough when Rain FX gets its public outing.
@Shokeus, you should take @norms up on his kind offer - this dude knows his stuff.
👍

So the FK8 (current gen type R), that was posted a while back is on slicks, ideally it should be on 245/30/20's Model Specific Contisport Contact 6's with some extra reinforcement in the sidewalls. The new limited edition will come on Cup 2's :cool:

It would be nice to put some road / trackday tyres on the car, slicks are fine for a Touring car, but they don't really fit with the road car ;) Having a look through the available tyres I can see some 245/25/20 fronts from the 911 Carrera (street and semi Slick) and a Lambo (hyper car road), which I have put on using content manager, the dimensions are a little different from the slicks (247/20/20) is there anything that needs to be adjusted anywhere else to get them to work properly?

Tbh, yours look like the same as one of mines.
I'm saying this, 'watching' the track while racing and not walking around as a FPS.
As for the track limits penalty, the others are more 'friendly'. Tested at the same spots.
Really doesn't make sense hitting a fence (losing time), get a penalty.:confused: We are not shortcutting anything.

Please don't see this as a negative criticism. I know you will provide a better upfate optimized file size track.

Thank you for your hard work.👍

Cheers
Oohkey.. can you send compare Screenshots?
I cannot believe this.
And how many Monti ciottolis are there?!
Which one do you compare?
Mine should Look Like this:

Just only the road should look totally different.
New and other trees everywhere where there was nothing before, flowerfields with grassfx, Grass on the Mountains, changed ruins place with tree an bushes in Front instead of a Bus..
3d Background Mountains.. there wasnt even a Background before... And so on...
I mean that is Totally different.

Oohkey.. can you send compare Screenshots?
I cannot believe this.
And how many Monti ciottolis are there?!
Which one do you compare?
Mine should Look Like this:

Just only the road should look totally different.
New and other trees everywhere where there was nothing before, flowerfields with grassfx, Grass on the Mountains, changed ruins place with tree an bushes in Front instead of a Bus..
3d Background Mountains.. there wasnt even a Background before... And so on...
I mean that is Totally different.

Why did you post it on Patreon only? Even if it's free there, it forces me to create an account there which I cannot do at all strangely.
Was it perhaps deleted from RD hours ago and wasn't aware of it? If so, can you please upload it in Drive/MEGA/Mediafire/whatever?

Why did you post it on Patreon only? Even if it's free there, it forces me to create an account there which I cannot do at all strangely.
Was it perhaps deleted from RD hours ago and wasn't aware of it? If so, can you please upload it in Drive/MEGA/Mediafire/whatever?

No, you do not need an Account.
You can just download the files under the post.
Like on a normal web page. You can even read other posts which are not patreon only.

I have no accounts there.
And this is my main page now, so i use this.
Because i pay fees for this.

No, you do not need an Account.
You can just download the files under the post.
Like on a normal web page. You can even read other posts which are not patreon only.

I have no accounts there.
And this is my main page now, so i use this.
Because i pay fees for this.
Well when I click on any filename under that post, it redirects me to login page forcefully sadly, I remember that years ago you didn't need an account to download any file in that site I guess but now it seems you have to need one at all costs apparently.

Evening All, a heads-up for any GTP member that's NOT yet raced this track... Get it and enjoy, it's great!!! Well done Teddie, having a ball with Porsches in general... Working on a set of cams and some lighting enhancements for night racing - looking good - just a bit taxing on FPS.

I pinged racealot. I'm not sure he's available though. I could really use a set of good cameras on my track, because I can do it, but I'm still not very good at the camera thing :P

Day/Night Comparison Pics
clark_international_speedway_11.jpg

clark_international_speedway_12.jpg

clark_international_speedway_01.jpg

clark_international_speedway_02.jpg

clark_international_speedway_07.jpg

clark_international_speedway_08.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back