Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,064 comments
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Misc-–-KN5-Encryption

full
Look man, I don't care if modders outside of AC such as GTA ones go steal cars including modded ones, even tho I totally despise that franchise for a reason I will come to a bit, at least they too get tons of cars to drive with. (As long as they might ask for permission from each author, which sadly they all don't do so at all...)

Encryption in AC to me is hit and miss, while it may be totally useful for modders who make scratch-made cars like the ones in RaceDepartment since they put effort and love into them, it totally doesn't make sense to some other modders who convert cars from other games and 3D model sites too rarely (and mostly edit them too with either scratch-made or taken parts added in) who badly want to OVERprotect almost all their stuff they make, thinking like their life depend on them or something like that, while in reality of course it is not and originally belong to a game developer/3D models website/modeler. Hell, I saw one on FB days ago who was going to release a modern Bentley Continental GT surely converted from another game, but not until he wants it encrypted like a friend of his told to us, and some admins there said that if it remains private until so, then it shouldn't be shown there at all by their rules.

I honestly starting to HATE this new millenial generation of modders, which I'm entirely sure it came out of that damned franchise over the years which probably splitted the modding community between those I mentioned, the ones who do it JUST for money via commissions from others (which in turn many cars remain private of course) and those who just wanna selfishly and completely keep their stuff private all to themselves (like a notorious FB group all about rally cars and sometimes touring cars too). Where did the whole harmless nature of modders during the rFactor/GTR2/GT Legends/RACE 07/RBR era go? Back when ALL modders created mods for passion, effort and love for cars, being all willing to share them to anyone for free, not being afraid and aware of other pesky modders who stole them and converted them for other games (that kind was unheard of back then). And private mods where only used for championships and events which were all predecessors to E-Sport events we got today, infact the very first time in my life I saw private mods used for selfish reasons was with those badly scratch-made JDM drift cars for GTA SA which are still visible in some moddders' personal retro blogs which aren't updated anymore at all.

Last edited:
Look man, I don't care if modders outside of AC such as GTA ones go steal cars including modded ones, even tho I totally despise that franchise for a reason I will come to a bit, at least they too get tons of cars to drive with. (As long as they might ask for permission from each author, which sadly they all don't do so at all...)

Encryption in AC to me is hit and miss, while it may be totally useful for modders who make scratch-made cars like the ones in RaceDepartment since they put effort and love into them, it totally doesn't make sense to some other modders who convert cars from other games and 3D model sites too rarely (and mostly edit them too with either scratch-made or taken parts added in) who badly want to OVERprotect almost all their stuff they make, thinking like their life depend on them or something like that, while in reality of course it is not and originally belong to a game developer/3D models website/modeler. Hell, I saw one on FB days ago who was going to release a modern Bentley Continental GT surely converted from another game, but not until he wants it encrypted like a friend of his told to us, and some admins there said that if it remains private until so, then it shouldn't be shown there at all by their rules.

I honestly starting to HATE this new millenial generation of modders, which I'm entirely sure it came out of that damned franchise over the years which probably splitted the modding community between those I mentioned, the ones who do it JUST for money via commissions from others (which in turn many cars remain private of course) and those who just wanna selfishly and completely keep their stuff private all to themselves (like a notorious FB group all about rally cars and sometimes touring cars too). Where did the whole harmless nature of modders during the rFactor/GTR2/GT Legends/RACE 07/RBR era go? Back when ALL modders created mods for passion, effort and love for cars, being all willing to share them to anyone for free, not being afraid and aware of other pesky modders who stole them and converted them for other games (that kind was unheard of back then). And private mods where only used for championships and events which were all predecessors to E-Sport events we got today, infact the very first time in my life I saw private mods used for selfish reasons was with those badly scratch-made JDM drift cars for GTA SA which are still visible in some moddders' personal retro blogs which aren't updated anymore at all.

You sure have a TL;DR way of talking about encryption. Ironically because you just go around forums and fb and suck up as much content as you can.

RSS can have 3,000+ hours in every one of their scratch cars, they don't encrypt. Says everything you need to know about the children making hideous, garbage cars, putting encryption on them, then posting photo's of the garbage to only say, "personal" sorry when asked.

As long as that 'modder' gets a single person wanting something they can't have, it gives them a tingly, euphoric feeling only a child could crave.

You sure have a TL;DR way of talking about encryption. Ironically because you just go around forums and fb and suck up as much content as you can.

RSS can have 3,000+ hours in every one of their scratch cars, they don't encrypt. Says everything you need to know about the children making hideous, garbage cars, putting encryption on them, then posting photo's of the garbage to only say, "personal" sorry when asked.

As long as that 'modder' gets a single person wanting something they can't have, it gives them a tingly, euphoric feeling only a child could crave.
I know that RSS didn't encrypt ANY of their cars so far, but that's because almost all of them are paid obviously and I didn't mention them at all, rather I wanted to focus on all of the free ones you can download on RD (RSS ones excluded again)

Its halfway done some instrument stuff along with turn signals,reverse light and wiper need to be dune but there's one thing that bugs me.
__custom_showroom_1602981679.jpg

__custom_showroom_1602981727.jpg

the thing that bugs me i really need to optimize it but i don't know how if some of y'all peeps know how to do it it would be appreciated i can send the car if anyone is interested the original mod literally took up like 150 000 kb but now with AO it literally chunks up to 260 000 kb which is definitely not pc friendly at all.
2020.10.18-02.45.png

Last edited:
Its halfway done some instrument stuff along with turn signals,reverse light and wiper need to be dune but there's one thing that bugs me.
View attachment 965644
View attachment 965645
the thing that bugs me i really need to optimize it but i don't know how if some of y'all peeps know how to do it it would be appreciated i can send the car if anyone is interested the original mod literally took up like 150 000 kb but now with AO it literally chunks up to 260 000 kb which is definitely not pc friendly at all.
View attachment 965646
Well it depends on what kind of pc this car is rendered to, so surely you need to find a way to optimize it so that it could run fluently

Thinking of getting this shifter.

https://www.shiftershh.com/en/

View attachment 965508

Anybody using one of these? Are they of good quality and performance? I know it won't win any beauty contest prizes, but I don't care about that. I like the quick switch possibility between h-patern and sequential. And the price seems very reasonable.

Hello,

I bought it one year ago and I'm very happy about it. I didn't ty the Fanatec one, probably it's better, but value for money is very good. The feeling is good, in sequential and H mode too, just a bit feeling abbout plastic. Movements are precise and it's has a good resistence.

... I said, "Honey, I think I'm gonna wanna get the Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas this year." She didn't even blink... so she's either good with it or she didn't hear me. Anyone using this for AC?

I used the Oculus Quest 1 (with both Virtual Desktop and Oculus Link) on AC, it's an incredible experience. I only sold it to buy the Quest 2 (and then my real car fried its ABS pump, rip).

... I said, "Honey, I think I'm gonna wanna get the Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas this year." She didn't even blink... so she's either good with it or she didn't hear me. Anyone using this for AC?
I'm using the Quest (1) and I'll be getting the Quest 2.
Never had a problem (I'm using Oculus Link cable but you could probably use a cheaper one), I use it with AC and AMS2 (also tested it with PC2) and all the other 'not-driving' games.

To me is great because I also started using it for work, taking 3D buildings projects I made from the PC to the Oculus and making my customers see it wireless. They really enjoy the experience

Zurich E-prix rF2 track has been done before? (its next on my list if not)

other rF2 on my list (dont want to do a track if its been done already)
Imola2001 - Done
Portland_2019 - GTP Team release
Maastricht_2018
ISI_TigerMoth_2014 (Gilles version isnt bad)
ISI_LostValley_2014

rF list:
GZ street_GP
LasVegasGP07
LasVegasRC
LongBeach_2006
Houston07 - Done
WashingtonDC_1.0

Funabashi Circuit 1965-1967
Harbor_Stunning
Chernobyl NPP
Lake Superior Raceway

Teaser tracks for Christmas -
I am doing a series of tracks from other games targeted at children, for those who have kids that want to drive around freeroam with something not so serious and real. Does anyone like this idea?

Done so far: (1 pit start freeroam only)
P.O.D. Adleron
P.O.D Arcade
P.O.D Canyon
P.O.D City

Mario - Toad Circuit
Mario - Volcano Circuit
Mario - Sherbert Land (GCN)

Crash Bandicoot - Track and the Beanstalk (PS2)

Last edited:
@JakubP do you like one of your car with wipers working? I'll do with at least with 2/3 nodes each one. At least I would do something for you. About Gemballa at 99% car maker has taken wipers from another car and then applied. Their form/dimension are not correct I'll take from another one and put inside.
While answering to some pro modders here look at kunos's cars wipers they are not always good for example Ferrari 458 Italia. Wipers are inside windglass. It's happening because they have not at least two nodes for animation for each wiper. It need one at the base and at least another one for frame/rubber. Believe me those wipers that I've done for Shokeus 961 are perfect! I'll do only a little fine correction moving frames (Rubbers supports)

Content Manager_2020_10_18_09_20_39_644.png

If I do that way Gemballa's wipers will be good! Tell me If I can do that way.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back