Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
There's something special about the 996 i can't put my finger on the body shape is iconic both the rear lights and the ''''Ugly'''' headlights Make the car feel special in a way this GT2 was the last Widow maker IMO the 997 and later GT2 became stable. Need to finish AO on more stuff then the AO for the rims and then the performance and all that stuff later....
View attachment 973277
View attachment 973278

the model seems to be really poor to begin with, why not take parts from better 996 and put it together? those wheels just look plain wrong. the interior seems too low poly as well.

shi
Indonesia Circuit v1.01 (update)

Indonesia Circuit convert from rfactor.
Original version
This Track is fictitious. It is 5.4km circuit and has 2 DRS lines.
View attachment 973130 View attachment 973131 View attachment 973132
- 30 pit / start
- AI
- 4 Replay cam
- Camtool Replay (_option_camtool folder)
- CSP required

Credits:
・ @erenschumacher , the author of the rFactor version and gave me permission
・ @shin956 (shi), Track convert
@CrisT86 , ext_config.ini, replay cam, screenshots & advice
@ckkjw398 , Camtool Replay

v1.01changelog
- Fixed texture
- Fixed Shader
- Fixed UI
- Delete AI files other than fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai

It will be uploaded later in RD as well. Vila Real conversion is also in progress. enjoy!
Updated to v1.01

Track release weekend continues, I'm finally "done" with Brno 1965. Grab it at RD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brno-1965.37239/

1606022061878-png.421553

1606022133384-png.421554

1606022199856-png.421555

This took forever, partially because there was a lot of work done to the textures (nearly every material on this track was overhauled) and partially because of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Cams (all layouts) for Gutbomb´s
Carolina Motorsports Park

Have Fun

Dude, awesome! Can I include these in the next release?

Hi guys, anyone else have this problem with Algarve International Circuit? I'm using @Zwiss V1.8 is there anyway to solve this?

View attachment 972414 View attachment 972414 View attachment 972415 View attachment 972416 View attachment 972417

I know this is several pages back but I was getting a similar effect on the brno track while I was working on it and I narrowed it down to a setting in the ext_config.ini for "smooth_normals" and I couldn't figure it out so I just got rid of the smooth_normals section. I don't know if this specific track has that same issue, but it might help.

Last edited:
I've already said my thanks to @Jimlloyd, but I'll say it again anyway since Mt Tremblant is such awesome fun. Thanks also to @shi and @gutbomb & @__EASY__ for your latest tracks. Certainly a great weekend for new goodies shared freely by good-spirited GTP regulars! :) 👍

EDIT: Thanks also to @Paintbox & @LiquidSkyMan & @KevinK2 & @DaBaeda & @CrisT86 for your configs, AI, cameras and other 'bits'.

And apologies to anyone else who should be on my list for recent contributions I have really appreciated. I made the same mistake at the Oscars when I forgot so many people I should have thanked. :dopey:

Last edited:
You know what I don't want to talk to someone like you.

Don't worry. From what I've seen, Rusty doesn't like 'talking' (i.e. mutually respectful conversational exchange) anyway. He just prefers anger followed by abuse and dictatorial pronouncements. :banghead:

P.S. Hi Rusty. I've already noticed your recent break from discord didn't lead to much chilling out of your confrontational manner. What a pity. :P

Last edited:
I've already said my thank to @Jimlloyd, but I'll say it again anyway since Mt Tremblant is such awesome fun. Thanks also to @shi and @gutbomb & @__EASY__ for your latest tracks. Certainly a great weekend for new goodies shared freely by good-spirited GTP regulars! :) 👍

EDIT: Thanks also to @Paintbox & @LiquidSkyMan & @KevinK2 & @DaBaeda for your configs, AI, cameras and other 'bits'.

And apologies to anyone else who should be on my list for recent contributions I have really appreciated. I made the same mistake at the Oscars when I forgot so many people I should have thanked. :dopey:
Well week is not over yet. Maybe we get another amazing track. :lol:;)

Track release weekend continues, I'm finally "done" with Brno 1965. Grab it at RD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brno-1965.37239/

This took forever, partially because there was a lot of work done to the textures (nearly every material on this track was overhauled) and partially because of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

@gutbomb Maybe for the next update, if planned can you please check this minor problems? It would complete at 100% the huge work you did :)

The grass border which is different color compared to the other grass
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.11.22 - 10.10.48.06.png

Here too
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.11.22 - 10.11.34.83.png

And this which can be fixed easily via ext_config under GrassFX with:
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = GBRM_01, STRAW_01, STRAW_02,

Also the texture of road and road-grass blend have a small difference in color

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.11.22 - 10.11.52.59.png

Thanks for your work man, much appreciated :)

You know what I don't want to talk to someone like you. You will always defend yourself and your community....

It's strange that those physics people of yours who work so hard on it, sometimes make mistakes and cars that are made according to the manufacturer's data, drive completely different than in reality.

The engine of the Assetto Corsa isn't perfect either, and even Kunos wrote about it that sometimes the real data doesn't translate well into the game.

Just a few small changes are enough to give them what improves the handling and brings them closer to the truth.

Already here, we have reworked many times the thread that Arch, although he does a very good and meticulous job, is not a god of physics, and very often his cars miss the truth (for example, lifting the rear wheel in a serial multi-spoke car where this will never happen).

After all, please, you don't know anything about me, you want to tell me something? Have you ever driven a DC2,DC5,EG6,EK9 ?? I don't think so.... Compared to you, I have been driving and I have one of them on, so I'm passing on and improving what I know and I'm sure of it. I've been in the automotive business for 25 years and there are some things you can't challenge me because you don't know about it.My physics defends itself....

Who wants to download my mods - download who doesn't want to download - no download.Simple rights ??

And one more thing,I am not two-faced compared to you and I can admit my mistake. And most importantly, I do not talk to people behind my back and mock everyone and everything around me.

(Bear with me I've not gotten the hang of ye olde quoting system, so I'll be double-quoting from now on)

"It's strange that those physics people of yours who work so hard on it, sometimes make mistakes and cars that are made according to the manufacturer's data, drive completely different than in reality."
I'm not sure if it's a slip of the tongue, mistranslation or anything else. But it seems to me like you're somehow implying direct data should be influenced by feel alone? So what, science is now subjective? Should we all just raise a middle finger to gravity and fly away or something?

"The engine of the Assetto Corsa isn't perfect either, and even Kunos wrote about it that sometimes the real data doesn't translate well into the game."
Assetto Corsa has broken internal forces which have been patched in ex-1, ex-2 and now just regular extended physics. Real data =! good interpretation. Not all physics developers are built equal and not everyone can make a great racecar even with a huge backing of data if they don't know how to parse it.

"Already here, we have reworked many times the thread that Arch, although he does a very good and meticulous job, is not a god of physics, and very often his cars miss the truth (for example, lifting the rear wheel in a serial multi-spoke car where this will never happen)."
I never even mentioned Arch in this entire argument. But it's good that he lives rent-free in your mind.
It's natural to have many revisions of physics when it comes to a Simulator, Kunos themselves had 10 versions of tires before they were happy.
People can be wrong, and there's no harm in that if they work to improve. However you don't particularly seem to be receptive to reality and as such can't see flaws in your work.

While writing this I actually consulted Arch on... whatever "serial multi-spoke car" rear wheel lift meant and he had this to say:
"It's completely up to the OEM if they want a tire to lift or not Many modern FWD production cars don't; for example the DC2 economy models don't because the rear stabilizer is extremely thin... So in this case it's a Type R thing"

"I don't care what he's driven at all, he's throwing generalizations and blanket statements around with his probably less than 5 years of experience based solely on hearsay or his own subjective thoughts. I've made tens of roadcars and have looked at hundreds of suspensions in analysis, he hasn't"

"Unlike him I actually calculate my suspension inputs, and it would be very difficult to stray from them very much if at all since there's little to no wiggle-room"

"Every single car I've ever made, I've never had to not input in truthful data correctly"

"After all, please, you don't know anything about me, you want to tell me something? Have you ever driven a DC2,DC5,EG6,EK9 ?? I don't think so.... Compared to you, I have been driving and I have one of them on, so I'm passing on and improving what I know and I'm sure of it. I've been in the automotive business for 25 years and there are some things you can't challenge me because you don't know about it.My physics defends itself..."
I don't wish to or need to know anything about you or what cars you drive to be able to tell you that math is proving you wrong.
A driver is rarely a well-trained physicist, a driver is a cog in the entire ensemble that is a team and largely is clueless as to all the intricate workings of a balanced car. If you had told me you were a mechanic, or team engineer I would have maybe cared but all you've done here is stand on your hind legs and recite your life story unprompted.

This isn't about me defending "my community", "my community" is the same as yours. We're all, for better or for worse part of the Assetto Corsa community. I'm just here to discuss mods after all, for now I don't have a lot of content to put forward as most of it has been posted here. But I'll let you all know if I do find something that's not been unearthed here before. Cheers.

On a scale of 1-10, an easy 11. The textures, curbing, lighting, (nice and bright white), flow, road mesh and feel even the background hills, SOoo nice. If theres ever a standard for others to follow in track builds, this is it (along with others from Jim/ACU).

One small issue, the ai in trackday are having a hell of a time here on the up-hill, blind right-left-right.
Its kinda funny watching them hustle here :D
And to add, the first car went in under a minute and it wasn't until 5:30 that they bailed back to the pits. There were a few more cars going in but no reason to make the vid longer. AI 98% and 0% aggression.

My new go-to track for a long time to come :cheers:

I assume you see that kind of AI-mess on the GP layout. That is the layout without an AI-hints file in the data-dir! Maybe they forgot to include it.

As a workaround you can copy the file from the "variant-layout" into the data-dir of the GP layout.

The problematic track section seems to be the first chicane after start, which is this part of the ai_hints.ini:

[HINT_0]
START=0.07
END=0.09
VALUE=0.8

For all of you, who did not work with ai_hints.ini: 1 = 100% so this tells the AI to not enter the chicane with full speed. Of course everybody can change that if necessary for certain cars.

Last edited:
AVUS DTM by Please Stop This -> https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/avus-dtm-90s.27853/

TV camera set (2 FOV) for both layout + new ext_config (which goes alongside the original one provided by the author) in order to complete it (i created it apart because i don't know if he will in future update it via CSP like for other tracks, so in this way should keep working fine in the future).

unzip and copy in tracks folder, overwrite where requested (every file already moved in order to keep them) --> https://sharemods.com/66oep3g3u4vq/TV_Camera___Updated_ext_config_by_CrisT86.rar.html

View attachment 973262 View attachment 973263 View attachment 973264
What track are cameras for please

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back