- Track camera by @DaBaeda
- Additional thanks @ales100i, @norms, @slider666, @Zwiss

::: DOWNLOAD :::

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wakl8nf0nftlwar/vhe_hockenheim_1.0.rar/file

bgr00.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_vhe_hockenheim_22-10-120-12-13-41.jpg
Screenshot_ks_glickenhaus_scg003_vhe_hockenheim_21-10-120-22-20-28.png

Last edited:
You know what I don't want to talk to someone like you. You will always defend yourself and your community....

It's strange that those physics people of yours who work so hard on it, sometimes make mistakes and cars that are made according to the manufacturer's data, drive completely different than in reality.

The engine of the Assetto Corsa isn't perfect either, and even Kunos wrote about it that sometimes the real data doesn't translate well into the game.

Just a few small changes are enough to give them what improves the handling and brings them closer to the truth.

Already here, we have reworked many times the thread that Arch, although he does a very good and meticulous job, is not a god of physics, and very often his cars miss the truth (for example, lifting the rear wheel in a serial multi-spoke car where this will never happen).

After all, please, you don't know anything about me, you want to tell me something? Have you ever driven a DC2,DC5,EG6,EK9 ?? I don't think so.... Compared to you, I have been driving and I have one of them on, so I'm passing on and improving what I know and I'm sure of it. I've been in the automotive business for 25 years and there are some things you can't challenge me because you don't know about it.My physics defends itself....

Who wants to download my mods - download who doesn't want to download - no download.Simple rights ??

And one more thing,I am not two-faced compared to you and I can admit my mistake. And most importantly, I do not talk to people behind my back and mock everyone and everything around me.

Hello Rusty

I don't want to continue to stab at you because once you were able to write back normally, so let's finish this topic and don't litter this thread anymore.

You think you are right, I think you are not right.

I won't be questioning your words. I know from a good source that I don't do anything that is not allowed, either in this forum or anywhere else.

I found at least 6 places where this mod is (already edited through Amy, shared and modified more than what I did, so I kept the original Credits), as we both know the original comes from GMP, and when it came from GMP it came from Forza, or it was created from Turn10.

if you still want to challenge me and my physics, see the number of downloads my "private" EG6 private in quotation marks because it is also stolen from Turn10 by 10 other modders.

View media item 69934
You think so many people are wrong, I don't think.

So much for me on the subject .....

I wish you a nice and peaceful Sunday

Well said jakub. Just had to say it out there and trying to say this on behalf of GTP, we're all glad you have done overhauls/reworks on the physics on these cars.

Well said jakub. Just had to say it out there and trying to say this on behalf of GTP, we're all glad you have done overhauls/reworks on the physics on these cars.

And you've actually owned / driven the car you overhauled. Not like some others who criticize one's work when themselves haven't even driven one car in their entire life. Takes some... Self-confidence to do that. Anyway. An avalanche of great tracks this weekend - thanks to all involved !

Hockenheimring - Version 1.0

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CREDITS
- Trees, Start/Pit dummies by @TheRealCeeBee
- AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan
- Track camera by @DaBaeda
- Helicopters and balloons by @Masscot
- Additional thanks @ales100i, @norms, @slider666, @Zwiss

::: DOWNLOAD :::

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wakl8nf0nftlwar/vhe_hockenheim_1.0.rar/file

View attachment 973326
View attachment 973332View attachment 973327

Have you planned to create also the other layouts for future updates or not? Thanks for this Vhe :)

Last edited:
And you've actually owned / driven the car you overhauled. Not like some others who criticize one's work when themselves haven't even driven one car in their entire life. Takes some... Self-confidence to do that. Anyway. An avalanche of great tracks this weekend - thanks to all involved !

Thanks for adding onto my quote by the way, needed it to be honest :cheers::lol:

Would be amazing, i have a old version with all the layout but it requires an update, but if you do that on your version is way faster at this point :D
In the first place this one is far more accurate as it is laser scanned, compared to Codemasters version, that is flat like driving on ice. Also AI lines are miles better.

Wouldn't mind that ! The other layouts are pretty fun. The old Hockenheim I have has them all, but it looks so dated - and beyond the (****) grassfx I put there I can't enhance it any further ahah.

Yes, another vote. At least for the national layout.

Last edited:
In the first place this one is far more accurate as it is laser scanned, compared to Codemasters version, that is flat like driving on ice. Also AI lines are miles better.

Yes, another vote. At least for the national layout.

That's why i asked for them ahahaha
Wasting time creating a scratch made ext_config for an older version (t78 version) is not good when it exist a better one ;)

Ema
hi, i recently reinstalled AC to a new pc, i use Content manager as usual, but i remember that in CM > Custom Showroom > Skin > txdiffuse (3dots) > car texture screen, there was also an "export" button, with view mapping, calculate AO, replace and close.
Maybe i hate to activate somthing in the settings...?
View attachment 973037

Sigh, anyone can help me, for this? :ouch::confused:

i can only tell you they are coming along nicely...and Misano too

on a side note Fuji is starting to look better IMO. tree lines and trees are being added..new tyre barriers and up to date corner runoffs...and terrain tidied up...plus a huge mountain (now properly positioned and scaled)

its coming still loads to do though

View attachment 973342 View attachment 973343 View attachment 973344

Great job as usual, Jim. :cheers:
Months ago i've had the same idea and i make some updates to Fuji (i also try to contact Malagoli, without results), but i haven't completed to release.
If you need, i can give you my version (obviously i have not your skills), maybe you can use some side track objects or what you want.
I remember i place also some billboards on the main stand...

Ema
Great job as usual, Jim. :cheers:
Months ago i've had the same idea and i make some updates to Fuji (i also try to contact Malagoli, without results), but i haven't completed to release.
If you need, i can give you my version (obviously i have not your skills), maybe you can use some side track objects or what you want.
I remember i place also some billboards on the main stand...
By all means share what you have.. I will defo use if it save me time

i can only tell you they are coming along nicely...and Misano too

on a side note Fuji is starting to look better IMO. tree lines and trees are being added..new tyre barriers and up to date corner runoffs...and terrain tidied up...plus a huge mountain (now properly positioned and scaled)

its coming still loads to do though

View attachment 973342 View attachment 973343 View attachment 973344
I really hope a perfectly Fuji Speedway,I loooooove this track,he missing only him for the Super Gt,Thank you for your beautiful work,The Super GT 2020 soon and Fuji,My best Christmas

the model seems to be really poor to begin with, why not take parts from better 996 and put it together? those wheels just look plain wrong. the interior seems too low poly as well.
No better 996 GT2 model exists there other than this for now since no game developer wants to include a 996 let alone touch it. There's a Turbosquid model that was pirated on a site but i don't want to get in deep waters. I'm already trying to find better parts from it mostly from the Forza 996 GT3. Its one of the earlier RR3 models like the Zonda F however not as low poly as that one later RR3 models are on par with FM4 models. It will be a lot better and cleaner than my first 996 GT2 which was on par with those old FM4 Facebook Forza rips.

AVUS DTM by Please Stop This -> https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/avus-dtm-90s.27853/

TV camera set (2 FOV) for both layout + new ext_config (which goes alongside the original one provided by the author) in order to complete it (i created it apart because i don't know if he will in future update it via CSP like for other tracks, so in this way should keep working fine in the future).

unzip and copy in tracks folder, overwrite where requested (every file already moved in order to keep them) --> https://sharemods.com/66oep3g3u4vq/TV_Camera___Updated_ext_config_by_CrisT86.rar.html

View attachment 973262 View attachment 973263 View attachment 973264

Thank you, but I meant the old version with the long highway. No problem if you dont know it.

Hey,

Firstly, about the "real data doesn't always translate into simulators" misunderstanding.

There are some small, not that consequential limitations in most commercial physics sims. For example in AC, the knee speed of a damper is not adjustable via setup. These kind of scenarios will require some interpretation and often a minor sacrifice to be made. There's numerous small things like this in the suspension and systems. They all add up, but it doesn't mean that you don't use real, reliable data as the starting point. You always do.

Then there are more serious shortcomings, such as the incorrect internal force suspension calculations in vanilla AC. You must adjust the "real data, correct suspension"'s antisquat and antilift amounts (Mainly for driven axles, extremely inconsequential if there is no drive force) closer towards 0% in vanilla AC, otherwise they will be far too high. Then you must adjust generally the wheel points to maintain curves, as per the real data. It's doable.

The end result in RWD cars for example is generally a tiny bit too much antisquat for a given antilift amount, which in practice will mean most RWD cars for example will lift the rear too much on braking (Perhaps 10mm in a bad scenario) and consequently have a too soft rear on braking (Extremely inconsequential) but when done properly still have adequate stiffness and deflection on the squat side, where more forces and load is being directed during acceleration.

This can make some suspension types very difficult to replicate, often with minor or major sacrifices. In other times, if the layout is a typical strut or DWB setup with low anti-percents, it's not a very consequential adjustment. Examples of extremely majorly hindered cars which require a lot of expertise would be the S13-generation rear suspension cars, and an example of extremely minorly hindered cars which are easier to produce would be the NSX. Semi-trailing arms, swing arms and the like become more tricky, but they are doable. If you make the adequate sacrifices, the difference is minor albeit larger than most DWB/ML/STRUT.

Tires of course are not perfect in vanilla AC nor are they in CSP. In no sim are they. AC probably has the best tires of the sims currently with CSP, with probably the highest telemetry correlation. Tire data inherently is difficult to deal with as it is rare for factors to be decoupled from eachother in the tires, for example the surface heating will instantaneously affect your load curves and camber curves! On top of that the common sandpaper measurement method is quite bad and not realistic, and it is very difficult to datalog a spinning, flexing tire anyway. Most of the time tire data is not very usable (Have you ever looked at a raw plot?) or just not available. However the more savvy physics guys have more data available that you can make conclusions from and generally have a better understanding, but here is where you can argue that "data doesn't translate into the simulator" because the data can be indicating multiple things depending how you interpret it. Suspension has almost no such scenario.

Then some more general stuff:

It's completely down to the OEM and designer how the car will behave. There are no rules, although there are common philosophies and laws that manufacturers must follow. Despite that, a sports compact from company A will be significantly different to a sports compact from company B, or even one suspension package for the same car from the same company can be extremely different. For example NSX vs NSX-R.

OEMs use various simplifications of car behavior expressed numerically, such as understeer factor or stability index. You can make an argument that common designs fall into some criteria, and it's often correct. Such as economy sedans having a higher understeer factor, roll-understeer and often lower ride and roll frequencies compared to sports compacts. However this is no rule. People believe it to be a rule, and ignore that Honda will make potentially a radically different consumer car than what Audi will make for example.

Hence the misconception that "no production cars lift inside rear tire" when referring to FWD sportscars like the DC2 Integra Type R. This is however incorrect. The ITR lifts the inside tire mildly (As you can see on tens of Best Motoring videos...) due to the stiffer rear stabilizer, and adequate body-roll for the tire to effectively lift off the ground. Were one to limit body-roll via stiffer corner springs, or stiffen the front stabilizer (Be it via stiffer bushings, or via a stabilizer size or geometry change), both common changes to DC2's, it's likely the inside tire would perhaps unload; but not effectively lift. A similar situation is in the Peugeot 106, where tuned cars seemingly lift the inside rear tire less than stock cars, despite the tire being unloaded for equal or longer distributions of time during cornering.

The DC2 economy models such as the GS-R on the other hand do not significantly lift the inside rear tire (Except on a violent, sudden trailbraking action where the soft cornersprings and dampers will allow unloading of the inside rear tire) because the front roll rate is higher than the rear roll rate. The dominant way this is achieved is via a thinner rear ARB, which couples the wheels together less and doesn't jack up the inside rear as much. There needs to be a distinction made here.

For a concrete example:

Front
25.0mm Solid, 98R = 68389.690995392 x 0.3819^2 = 9974.47298032
24.0mm Solid, 96R, GS-R = 58086.558987938 x 0.3819^2 = 8471.78580151

Rear
23.0mm Solid, 98R = 152618.83365846003 x 0.5138^2 = 40289.9130498
14.0mm Solid, GS-R, RS/LS = 20951.193829124 x 0.5216^2 = 5700.11923298
13.0mm Solid, RS/LS = 15576.48121224 x 0.5216^2 = 4237.83966032

At the wheel before bushings, the later Type-R stabilizer makes 9.50 (!) times rate, while the front only makes 1.18 times rate compared to the softest OEM bars*. The excessive rate will largely jack up the wheel more and couple the wheels more without significantly influencing steady state behavior. It's not optimal for total axle forces, but it's one way to safely and easily acquire a looser handling to a FWD car.

Things like this is why I urge people to not make generalizations and to try to maintain a context.

I hope the essay was entertaining for those who are interested.

* Correction, softest OEM bars I calculated. 22mm OD front bar exists for the LS, that'll be a bit softer still compared to the 24mm OD front bar. However they'll be similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be amazing, i have a old version with all the layout but it requires an update, but if you do that on your version is way faster at this point :D

Are you guys referring to the 2018 Hockenheim that was updated by PatrickPat? I had the same initial thought: "what is different with this VheEth/Reiza version compared to PatrickPat version?"

Last edited:
Do you have the full version of CM? Also do you have dev mode enabled? Not sure if these would maybe fix that problem but it is all I can think of really.

Yesss, the Dev Mode... i've completely forgotten, maybe i activate this 4 or 5 years ago on the old pc.... Thanks a lot!! :gtpflag:

Are you guys referring to the 2018 Hockenheim that was updated by PatrickPat? I had the same initial thought: "what is different with this VheEth/Reiza version compared to PatrickPat version?"

I think Patrickpat is based on the old Codemasters conversion, VheEth is from Automobilista... I don't know if AMS1 tracks are laserscanned, but i think is a better base....

Ema
I think Patrickpat is based on the old Codemasters conversion, VheEth is from Automobilista... I don't know if AMS1 tracks are laserscanned, but i think is a better base....
I was talkin about the T78 version which has around 4-5 years at least i think. That's the only version that includes all layout of the modern version of Hockeinheim

@gutbomb Maybe for the next update, if planned can you please check this minor problems? It would complete at 100% the huge work you did :)

The grass border which is different color compared to the other grass
View attachment 973318

Here too
View attachment 973319

And this which can be fixed easily via ext_config under GrassFX with:
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = GBRM_01, STRAW_01, STRAW_02,

Also the texture of road and road-grass blend have a small difference in color

View attachment 973320

Thanks for your work man, much appreciated :)

It’s actually the same texture and even the same material, it’s just that the model itself was so low poly that this is just how the light is hitting it, making it look like that. I tried a few settings to make the lighting more even on those materials but then it just made things look too dark in sunlight or too bright in shadows. I ended up just turning my grassfx setting to the highest setting and it makes the grass so dense you can’t see the underlying texture and everything looks normal. I think the mesh would need to be rebuilt to get rid of that and that’s unfortunately beyond my skill level :(

the grass on the hay bales is intentional, it’s supposed to look like little bits of straw sticking out of the haybale. I usually have grassfx turned all the way up and it looks a little better than in your screenshots but I admit i wasn’t convinced it was the way to go. I had the idea a few months ago to start doing that to hay bales and thought it looked cool but yeah in your screenshots it looks a bit weird.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back