Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,824 comments
In that case is there a way to split a mesh in 2 and apply materials to it using 3dsimed?
You can do that with blender, which is free. 3dsimed isn't a good software to edit 3d models or actually make mods, it's very limited.

In blender or max you can select some polys and detach them as a separate object and then give that object its own material in kseditor

Last edited:
you can assign multiple textures to one material.
You could create overlapping/alpha/opaque areas across those images using a multi-material shader

Last edited:
134007655_136401364954609_5777192771042625389_o.jpg

This Bentley has been evolving very quickly! Having the automatic update via CM is awesome.

Thank you for all your excellent AI work. I use a lot of your files and they make AC even better :)

The Mega link for the @norms optimised Baku is no longer working. I've searched elsewhere on internet and can't find a link to this optimised Baku.

Can anyone re-upload?

And thank you to all the contributors of this thread. The work is much appreciated :)

EDIT: I just saw the upload from @Fanapryde a few pages back. Thank you very much. I've been looking forward to this one for some time. The Baku layout is very pleasing, I find.

Cool, I'm glad you found that post for Baku 2019, I wasn't able to locate it in doing a search... thanks @Fanapryde! The track runs very well for me now.

It seems to have the same model and same performance problems as the RD version sadly :(
Plus it doesn't have the smaller road circuit and also the chicanes
I'm sure one day someone will figure out whats making the RD version use all the CPU
Iirc the Calimero Oeuf version on RD has only three layouts, whereas the Legion version has six, fortunately without these 🤬 chicanes. :D
The track is heavy, agreed, but I can still race a pack of 15 cars and get an AVG of 50 FPS (44.5 MIN), with a fluid image, no slideshow.
There are far worse optimised tracks around.

you can assign multiple textures to one material.
You could create overlapping/alpha/opaque areas across those images using a multi-material shader
yes, in ksEditor or 3DSimEd you can assign a multimaterial
But you can't assign a multimaterial in 3ds max and export it via fbx to ksEditor

waz looking for a project so had a very quick 6 hour run at it on me day off from holidays, very ruff , didnt do any objects for it ,just a straight conversion,think sum of the bumps are a bit squarish for assetto , AI is struggling through the chicanes , going away again so heres as far as i got with it, bare bones conversion that needs alot of work , but.. playable
https://mega.nz/file/KA8ThQzZ#sJ3EYTQTnPZJmNxNN02lGQEQwxB2vmO0phDSAUO5LSc
Hmm...Microsoft defender sounded Trojan alert when DL this ?

Hi guys !

Lovely forum here. I have a problem : the Kunos McLaren P1 GTR doesn't work for me ; I'm hit with 'driver model is probably missing' error message but the model driver is definitely in content/driver. What is happening ?

Before you ask yes it's the latest AC from Steam.

Hi guys !

Lovely forum here. I have a problem : the Kunos McLaren P1 GTR doesn't work for me ; I'm hit with 'driver model is probably missing' error message but the model driver is definitely in content/driver. What is happening ?

Before you ask yes it's the latest AC from Steam.

Weird, CM should use another driver model if that's the case.
You probably have a different driver model in the skin's skin.ini file. Open the file and see if the model used by the skins is "driver". If not, change it.

Weird, CM should use another driver model if that's the case.
You probably have a different driver model in the skin's skin.ini file. Open the file and see if the model used by the skins is "driver". If not, change it.

In data folder :

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_no_HANS
POSITION=0, 0, 0

in skins folder - ini file :

[driver_no_HANS]

It should work, but it doesn't. I don't understand

Last edited:
@Ema

Hi ! :)

You done a great job on Misano (just tried it !), It's really night&day with the previous versions we get !

Misano by Emà!!! on RD
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/misano-world-circuit-v-2-0.38186/

Skin "Blancpain" for Misano by Pepperoni ac24 on RD
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/misano-skin-blancpain-gt.31035/
Thank you very much. :bowdown: ;)

Cheers ! :cheers:

EDIT
I yet asked for @Pepperoni and I'm worry about him, a good guy !
By any chance, somebody here could be let us some (good) news !?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Can you explain to me, how can I create a customized championship through CM? :confused:

First you need Full version of CM.

then click on >>Content<< then on >>Miscellanous<< - then on >>>user championships<<<.. then on the botton left on the + sign from there you have various settings like adding rounds and choosing the cars and so on.

Last edited:
Hmm...Microsoft defender sounded Trojan alert when DL this ?

It does contain CustomTracksBakery.exe

Haven't ran MD5 to check validity in comparison to the presumably trusted bakery program.

If you're using WinRAR, you can go into options, settings and security then add extensions you don't want extracted. For example (*.exe *.com *.pif *.scr *.bat *.cmd *.lnk *.db). I do this then disable it when I trust the exe, bat or cmd file I'm needing from the zip or rar. Can potentially prevent a lot of unknown malicious software from making it onto the system. I.E. the exe found in the skin folder recently with a skin for one of the GUE mods. You could go even further with using sandboxie to open archives in.

just my 2 cents, as far as I know you can use multiple materials per object; the kn5 will "split" them (SUB0, SUB1...) but they´ll still be part of the same object
The thing is, these SUB objects should be kept to a minimum, since in most scenarios it takes more resources to load them than it would if you separate the objects and assign them a single material.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back