Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Is there an explanation why audio disappears entirely from Kunos cars? Something to do with it being hijacked by a mod or whatnot?
I just went to use the Kunos Toyota GT86 and it's been converted to electric. No weird GUIDS in the sfx folder either.
Anyone know why this happens? I don't think I've ever seen a decent explanation for it, but it's annoyingly common.

True...now...
But when I started years ago with R3E it did not work like that. There were only small packages. I bought (almost) all of them and even when using their ingame currency (vrP) it is by far my most expensive sim (I'm not into the iRacing rental business), about 4x the price I paid for AC.
Another downside is that you can't play offline. When their servers fail (which used to happen quite a lot) you can't drive any of your bought assets.
That made me step into AC btw... :D
Nothing bad said for the sim on its own, it's pretty good, AI is fine once you 'tune' them, graphics are good, physics OK, sound is VERY good etc...

Same here, word by word.

Is there an explanation why audio disappears entirely from Kunos cars? Something to do with it being hijacked by a mod or whatnot?
I just went to use the Kunos Toyota GT86 and it's been converted to electric. No weird GUIDS in the sfx folder either.
Anyone know why this happens? I don't think I've ever seen a decent explanation for it, but it's annoyingly common.

This happened to me so many times and I still don't know why. Sometimes when I don't play AC for a long stretch some cars (and weirdly it is always the Alfa 155 and the GT86) lose their sound - and without installing another mod.

And speaking of iRacing, I'm part of a brazilian WhatsApp modding team where there's this modder called Fernando Valentim who actually managed to convert ALL iRacing and R3E cars to AC, yet I don't even know who he actually shares them all to. He sadly isn't good at english at all, but I did know he stores them all to a server for his developing community he told me or so.
View attachment 985945

he had RR3E content just because I gave it to him... if u don't have a old copy before encryption u don't make nothing or just use that ninja ripper thing

Last edited:
Pessio just released his Piaggio Ape Proto on RaceDepartment!
Sorry missed your post. So how do they call it ;)

upload_2021-1-20_16-23-53.jpeg

Had some catching up to do over the last 24hrs. The new BMW is the most talked/debate topic for now. That made me curious and did some searching.
Is this street version the same source, I think I haven't seen it here before? My Turkish is not so good (not at all...) but it looks good. No idea how it drives and if this will be available for the public (if allowed?). Anyone ideas or just forget it?

His driving skills needs some improvement ;) And please get rid off the exhaust flames for this street car.

its a 10min CSR2 convert

Honestly, AC's content in ACC's engine with R3E's pricing structure would be the best game that we could realistically ask for. Mod support on top of this would make it the best racing game around, but I don't see it happening - here's hoping if this is ever a thing, someone cracks it open like they finally did with Project Cars 2.

The solution is to have ALL car manufacturers publish their own vehicles for ONE sim racing platform. BMW sells their own cars, Ferrari etc etc. Licensing and releasing new designs/prototypes without the need of working with any particular game developer. Mods would be a thing of the past and all "licensed" content is directly controlled by their owners. And the cost of creating a car mod is peanuts in their marketing budget.

Happens to me with a couple of cars on the regular two. Kunos Ferrari GT3. GT2 BMW. have to go to RD to find a soundmod everytime :P

Coming back to the TVR Tuscan recently posted, which car could be the source for a good engine sound-swap? Any good advice from you guys? It is a V6, naturally aspirated. Which car comes close to the real engine sound?

Edit: the Lancia Stratos sound seems to fit here practically.

Straight 6 so any of the old Jags would be about perfect

Last edited:
I always managed to get their mods for free, never got my money ;)

Yes, I'm aware that many of us did the very same. Me included.

I wasn't refering to SM, I was thinking on others mods ripped from other games and sold behind a patreon.
It is obvious I will not expose names (buyers and patreons olders).

And I know once again, I am saying something that some don't like. Despite being damn true!
02.gif

That M4 GT3 makes no sense in AC...

Dunno why he never worked on that C8.R GTLM that he briefly showed when he showcased a new moddeling tool he was using back in November of 2019 already.

Maybe they heard the news that Corvette could switch their programm towards LMdH or GT3 class. Joking of course, but maybe they don't have as much time as they used to... Or more likely they are developing more mods at the same time and then publishing them later to give us the opportunity to try more products. In any case, I have the impression that we will see them again very soon

I have a vague memory of this happening to me after installing the Fonsecker sound pack on Kunos cars.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back