Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,766 comments
Hi All - Happy Wednesday:)

I've just updated the 2021 F1 Championship for AC with the latest schedule addition (I'm sure its subject to further change :confused:)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-2020-f1-2021-upcoming-season-‘custom-championship’.38540/
All files can be found here also: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10tc_2aiECslMCj7vBC51K6hOjHdM43fC?usp=sharing
Single (6GB) F1_2021_tracks.rar file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OowvVEJmavIHA-8EVc3NfcHrUy0NFqU_?usp=sharing
View attachment 990686 View attachment 990685

Hope you enjoy it and any constructive comments gratefully received

If you spot any errors, please let me know - Thanks

Stay safe and healthy.

#KeepOnRacing #WeRaceAsOne #ACMods #Simracing

Cozy61

Perfect example of a release update Cozy61. Everything in one place. Thank you

Canberra 400 v1.0

View attachment 990261 View attachment 990262

Converted with permission by the original author, "Radar"

Features:
- CSP GrassFX, RainFX
- 38 pit/start
- AI is mostly functional
- Cameras by @DaBaeda
- Grid / RainFX by @Lucky3x

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Canberra 400 v1.0 (release)
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_rmi_canberra400_10-2-121-22-14-58.jpg

Post / Link updated

Race Department::
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/canberra-400.39688/

Last edited:
..../....
Try this. it's a rar file so change the extension to .rar
If that doesn't work I'm stumped for the moment.

I hate to say this but that didn't do the trick either. I could download and extract allright, but neither AC/CM showroom revealed the tape and when I try to drive the game crashes.
This while the others skins pose no problems... :confused:

I hate to say this but that didn't do the trick either. I could download and extract allright, but neither AC/CM showroom revealed the tape and when I try to drive the game crashes.

I can confirm, the skins don´t work in CM showroom properly but ingame they show up very nicely (tested with the prior version posted, not the last one which has been packed with RAR). @Fanapryde something must be with your AC install since you continuosly report problems and crashes nowadays.
upload_2021-2-10_21-58-47.png

@Ken134 the updated version you just posted fixes exactly the problem you described. Try install the car again with a clean installation.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I am obviously going to try to fix this problem. @ApexVGear sees the tape in game so it doesn’t crash for everyone. It all works for me as you can see. Could you please try renaming or deleting the lights dds in each of the problem skins and see if that stops the crashing? I just need as much info as possible to try to solve this weird issue.

I can confirm, the skins don´t work in CM showroom properly but ingame they show up very nicely (tested with the prior version posted, not the last one which has been packed with RAR). @Fanapryde something must be with your AC install since you continuosly report problems and crashes nowadays.
View attachment 990818

@Ken134 the updated version you just posted fixes exactly the problem you described. Try install the car again with a clean installation.

that’s good - that’s the same as @ApexVGear. Are you referring to the CM Custom showroom or the ordinary showroom accessed via CM? I just don’t get why I can see the tape in Custom Showroom and generate previews which show the tape, while others can’t. I am working on the theory that maybe the format I save the .dds files in Photoshop isn’t quite right.

that’s good - that’s the same as @ApexVGear. Are you referring to the CM Custom showroom or the ordinary showroom accessed via CM? I just don’t get why I can see the tape in Custom Showroom and generate previews which show the tape, while others can’t. I am working on the theory that maybe the format I save the .dds files in Photoshop isn’t quite right.

Custom showroom (I don´t use the vanilla one).

Sorry about that. I am obviously going to try to fix this problem. @ApexVGear sees the tape in game so it doesn’t crash for everyone. It all works for me as you can see. Could you please try renaming or deleting the lights dds in each of the problem skins and see if that stops the crashing? I just need as much info as possible to try to solve this weird issue.
After deleting the dds in the skins = no issues

Edit: I'm using GIMP (latest version) and the program can't open the .dds either, says it is an unsupported DXGI format (98).

Last edited:
View attachment 990818

Custom showroom (I don´t use the vanilla one).

After deleting the dds in the skins = no issues

Edit: I'm using GIMP (latest version) and the program can't open the .dds either, says it is an unsupported DXGI format (98).

This is what I see if I open these in Photoshop. @TimLotus , are you saving the DDS files with the correct settings? --which I can't remember what they are right now.

Ferrari_250_TapeDDSopen.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 990818

Will try again. But I had already deleted the early version. That's what didn't make sense. Many thanks.

This is what I see if I open these in Photoshop. @TimLotus , are you saving the DDS files with the correct settings? --which I can't remember what they are right now.

View attachment 990832

ok now we are getting somewhere. It’s clearly a .dds issue. I have no idea what settings I am using to save with - I just used the Photoshop default setting (it’s the latest PS and Nvidia plug-in). And because they work for me I didn’t expect a problem. Could someone send me the correct settings and I’ll try again.

Last edited:
ok now we are getting somewhere. It’s clearly a .dds issue. I have no idea what settings I am using to save with - I just used the Photoshop default setting (it’s the latest PS and Nvidia plug-in). And because they work for me I didn’t expect a problem. Could someone send me the correct settings and I’ll try again.

Maybe this helps... from a post on RaceDepartment.

05RO9.jpg

Thanks, but that's ancient history. PS has changed a bit since 2011. That format is not available in my list. Here are my settings. Perhaps someone could tell me what's wrong. They open fine in my photoshop and as you can see also work for previews and in game at my end.
Screenshot 2021-02-10 22.06.02_cr.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. Fantastic car. Really enjoying it. I just have one problem when you watch a replay you only see the driver and seat going round the track. You sometimes see the car for a split second. Is there a fix please. Many thanks.

Thanks, glad to hear you're enjoying it! This should have been fixed with the 0.71 quick fix (https://mega.nz/file/QNclVSZS#93OBmlY68ZpkppBFWCD22blXa8HaOZ4ipYWWcHcpYi4). Let me know if you're still having issues. Check in the cars data folder > lods.ini > OUT=90000, if this is correct you should have the right version.

Edit: Link updated to v0.8

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, British DLC released today for Assetto Corsa Competitzione

Includes
  • Donington Park Circuit
  • Oulton Park Circuit
  • Snetterton Circuit
  • New liveries
Also, mixed class racing added with an update to ACC.

https://www.gtplanet.net/acc-british-gt-pack-dlc-20210204/

GamerMuscle is steaming a live video at the moment. He's noticed improvement in the grass and trees.
I wonder if Kunos has improved things in ACC after what seeing what has been done with AC.

I found that cloud textures improved as well and optimized FPS. I always thought TV cams were bad at ACC. In this new DLC it seems that they became more daring too

This is how the cars go at FM7 Le Mans currently, as tested along with default kunos audi r18 and toyota. AI at 100% difficulty 0% aggresion, 4 laps:
View attachment 990360

Time to sound stupid for you my friend. That pescarolo is that the 2009 - 2011 spec? (even though there was a 2012 sebring version which was by pescarolo)

edit: the 2012 wec skin was in the original folder (as pescarolo sport 2012)

Last edited:
Hello,
i have this message error with the Ferrari 250 GT SWB (on 2 different tracks)
AC 1.16.3
CSP 0.1.72 preview 1
SOL 2.0.1

A solution ?
rc.png

edit
Reinstall without the new skin and it's ok 👍

Last edited:
Is that with one of the above posted skins ?
Just asking because I get the exact same error, but not with the original skins.
Yes, i reinstall without the new skins and it's ok now.

Edit: Not so Ok, the game don't crash but i have only the driver not the car during the race. So strange :lol:
I have my car but the other drivers only their seat, not the car.
fer.png

Last edited:
Yes, i reinstall without the new skins and it's ok now.

Edit: Not so Ok, the game don't crash but i have only the driver not the car during the race. So strange :lol:
I have my car but the other drivers only their seat, not the car.
View attachment 990856
Just tried. Same here, but after a few hundred meters I get a game crash.
Edit: the author is aware of the issue and updated the car.
I reinstalled the new version and it's OK now.

ferre.png

Last edited:
This version of the Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI from AssettoLand is improved, where the first release had issues.
Not sure about the engine sound.

I edited the driver3d.ini to adjust the hand rotation--changed LOCK from 200 to 360. It's better, maybe could be tweaked.
Copy the attached data.acd file into the car's folder and overwrite.

Please note that this is not my mod. Some FYI/sharing. Like it or leave it.

Direct Download Link

6d4b9b_1407eee280cd41928db522703a2be5f3~mv2.jpg

Attachments

• Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI data.zip
    29 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back