Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,805 comments
Quick work, indeed!

Are you open to constructive criticism on it at this point? Having lived right beside the grounds for several years I see several opportunities :)

Yes please. It's not finished so there's probably stuff you can see that needs fixing that's already on my list. Yeah, please, whatever you notice, let me know.

Is garage66 assetto drive?
My name is not rusty but he would probably tell you the same thing.
If it's assetto drive, don't spend money on it, they are forza rips sold for money and not even well made. A forza rip without mapping can be probably made in a single day or two if you know what you are doing. They all lack interior mapping, some lacks exterior mapping too and physics are probably mostly from Kunos.
Feel free to take my opinion either seriously or not but I wouldn't spend a single cent on them.
In conclusion they are all ripped from forza and could be made much better with some more care
correction: some ripped from project CARS
also their porsche cars are straight up ripped from the official configurations, if not FM4
Don't buy it please, I did it when I was new to ac and man the mods aren't that good

Is garage66 assetto drive?
My name is not rusty but he would probably tell you the same thing.
If it's assetto drive, don't spend money on it, they are forza rips sold for money and not even well made. A forza rip without mapping can be probably made in a single day or two if you know what you are doing. They all lack interior mapping, some lacks exterior mapping too and physics are probably mostly from Kunos.
Feel free to take my opinion either seriously or not but I wouldn't spend a single cent on them.
In conclusion they are all ripped from forza and could be made much better with some more care
I think AssettoDrive make good work. DOnt know about all cars, but their Porsches are just brilliant and worth each penny

Hello everyone!
I tweaked the Neva Ring a bit and added rain. Help with lighting, please.
Thank!
Screenshot_lada_revolution_neva_ring_24-1-121-12-47-58.png

This is driving me nuts.
I think I need help:

I found this Porsche Cayman 987 on the internet.
Most silly of this car where those very narrow tyres. So I took 3DSimed and made them wider to look more like the 265er rears and 235er fronts like the real car.

In 3DSimed it looks fine.

View attachment 973181

In CM showroom it looks fine

View attachment 973183

in AC showroom it looks fine

View attachment 973182

But in game still those narrow CUTTING DISCS!
Why?

View attachment 973185

How is this possible?
The old .kn5 with narrow tyres is deleted. Gone!
How can the game still use this not existing objects?
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi all! do any of you have this Porsche Cayman 987 mod? has it been fixed?
Thank you.

I hav
hi. im converting this track, still under construction

but was thinking about building it from Zero, but seems like it's not very popular, and convert version also is good. So dont need invent bycicle for second time)
I have an AC version of Lyddon Hill on my hard disk, but its very bad: no elevation changes whatsoever...

961 LM rain FX + updates

One of my favourite car is Porsche 959 and 961 LM. Extraordinary, succesfull and beautifull.

Can read history of this car here on our blog.

What version is this? Originally 961 LM was converted by me, skins by GTplanet member ParanoidDoge, then Shokeus refreshed 3d model and shaders, made visually more prefect. V1.3 here is updated one:

• added rain screen
  • wiper animation
  • car height fix
Download from Google disk

Have fun! ^_^
1.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg
Thanks again for bringing this iconic car to AC and for continuing to update it. It feels great to drive so it'd be good to get the visuals to match the driving. I already had a working wiper so I guess I must have added that separately at some point?
It'd make a big difference if a full-size driver model could be found, the current shrunk one is a little child-like. The seating position and steering wheel size/position seem pretty normal so there could be a different default Kunos driver that's a good fit without needing to be rescaled.
Higher-res sun strips would be good too as these are just above the driver's eyeline at all times so kind of stand out if they're so low-res.

Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_lm_acu_okutama-circuit_24-2-121-11-0-10.jpg

Cockpit shaders would really benefit from some simple Kunos presets being applied as well, unless you're planning to overhaul the cockpit completely and add AO (please do). A two-click application of the Kunos chrome shader to the dull flat grey fire extinguisher (for example) is a quick and cheap way to add some realism to its look. It takes no time at all and is quite effective as a quick fix to many of the cockpit materials if you aren't going to go back and separate materials to 'pipeline' everything.

Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_lm_acu_okutama-circuit_24-2-121-10-59-58.jpg

Keep up the good work, this car could really be worth the effort.

Last edited:
I have an AC version of Lyddon Hill on my hard disk, but its very bad: no elevation changes whatsoever...

Me too, from the same source I guess :D
It's actually a fun track to drive/race with smaller/slower cars but yes, it's completely flat, while it should be like this:

Anyone in the mood to update Mt. Akina? The track itself is great, but the foliage looks horrible.

EDIT: And it also needs cams.

Last edited:
We can't even tell people that AD are scammers now ? Hey mods, why the censorship around here ?
Oooh. Maybe I used some bad words, oh deary me ! Didn't know this was a Christian forum.
My sincere apologies.
You are free to do so, just follow the AUP when doing so.

In regard to the AUP, you agreed to follow it when you joined, as such if you that you can't follow it, then don't be surprised if the staff take action. It has nothing at all to do with religion, and everything to do with maintaining the standards that has kept the site running for twenty years.

A good few members posting in here could also do with a re-read of the AUP and focusing on making sure they are posting within it.

Does anyone know of a Jaguar XJR-15 mod?
It's one of my favorite cars. I'm pretty sure no mod of it exists yet, but just checking :)
Well my favourite car is the 60's batmobile but I very much doubt that will ever turn up in AC. I hope to god it does someday as it would be cool to drive the road tracks with the batman theme pumping out.....:D

OMG, Just found this....
ArtStation - 1966 BATMOBILE, ROBERT MCKINNON JR.
Now if this turned up in AC it would be an absolute dream. Never going to happen though :(

Last edited:
I've a soft spot for hot hatches so here are some quick personal VR visual edits to the Renault Clio RS 200 Cup that was 'fixed' by AL yesterday:

- Rotated/repositioned driver, now grabs the wheel properly and rests his feet on the pedals.
- Added driver suits by config
- Added digital instruments, clock, temp, odometer, trip, adjusted instrument emissives
- Added new paint colours (paints from AC Modder's Clio) and added clearcoat paint config
- Shifting animation changed for much better positioning, shifting timing adjusted, corrected hand/wheel rotation synchronisation
- Scale corrected on dashboard & steering wheel bump texture, tweaked cockpit shaders
- Adjusted rear light brightness, added working high level brake light
- Various UI corrections

clio.PNG

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zhq84e29kssrspt/m_renault_clio_rs_200_cup.7z/file
(will install as a new car)

Last edited:
I've a soft spot for hot hatches so here are some quick personal VR visual edits to the Renault Clio RS 200 Cup that was 'fixed' by AL yesterday:

- Rotated/repositioned driver, now grabs the wheel properly and rests his feet on the pedals.
- Added driver suits by config
- Added digital instruments, clock, temp, odometer, trip, adjusted instrument emissives
- Added new paint colours (paints from AC Modder's Clio) and added clearcoat paint config
- Shifting animation changed for much better positioning, shifting timing adjusted, corrected hand/wheel rotation synchronisation
- Scale corrected on dashboard & steering wheel bump texture, tweaked cockpit shaders
- Adjusted rear light brightness, added working high level brake light
- Various UI corrections

View attachment 994001

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zhq84e29kssrspt/m_renault_clio_rs_200_cup.7z/file
(will install as a new car)

Well for me only the left side lights are working front and back. But is a no keeper anyway without working wipers sadly. But a nice looking car.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back