Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
A liitle help on RHM, please.
I have a kind of a "tearing effect" on the head turn if I dial the "steering smoothing" to a lower value than 98%. But with this value the head turn becomes too slow...only smooth. Is there a way to fix this? View attachment 1001413

H
Real Head Motion Settings.JPG
ere are my settings that may help.

very good track , thank you.
can something be done about the guard rails, the cars are bouncing of the rail back into the track creating havoc when racing.
Thx for your feedback. Do you have something specific in mind what could be done?

A new config is on the way, as some have complained about the extremely bright tarmac and some flickering trees. Just waiting for feedback. Maybe there could be something done on these guard rails too. But I don´t have any idea, what that could be, exactly to be done to change that behavior. :boggled:

And as I yesterday got aware that Sergio Loro is shortly releasing his version of a vintage Watkins Glen, I wouldn´t invest too much time in this version. If I had known this 2-3 weeks before, I wouldn´t have worked on this version and the other involved ones for sure either. :boggled:

I have taken out old cams for this track and added yours but when I watch the replay there is only 1 set of cams to watch change to other sets with F3 and nothing changes (no others sets). Any help please.

Ensure camera-files located within the track's data-folder are name-sequenced in order, like:

cameras.ini
cameras_1.ini
cameras_2.ini
cameras_3.ini
cameras_4.ini
cameras_5.ini
etc...

Generally , @DaBaeda creates cams with existing-cameras in mind, and are named to follow the last sequenced camera-number... So if you have removed some of the existing cameras, and placed some new ones, these now may be out-of-sequence.

If this looks like your situation, then just rename the existing files like shown above... commencing with cameras.ini and so forth.

PS. Just in case, a reminder to check and ensure camera-files have been placed in the correct track-folder.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for the mod, as always a beautiful work! Forgive me for my ignorance, but looking at my images below could you tell me if I am having any problems with incompatibility with the LEDs? I'm using CSP 1.74 preview33 and the emissive shaders that come with MasterKey's Ferrari 488 GT3 mod, since they are newer, or have nothing to do with it? Is that ok using the emissive shaders of another mod instead of yours? One more thing, what are the models in the "custom previews" folder for? Once again thank you very much for your work.

IlNI8K.jpg

IlNjoc.jpg
The models in the Custom Previews folder helps skin makers to create custom previews for CM.
Since there are skins for SuperGT class, with SuperGT numberplates, the SuperGT preview model have the WorldGT numberplates hidden. The other preview is for WorldGT skins with a numberplate placed before the rear tyres.

cce218d64e77d112b8132cf8178eb57d.png

This is how the leds panel should work, if you use a non broken CSP preview.
If you look at the preview picture of the MOTEC LCD, you will see also 4 indicators: sun, rain etc. apart from the rain indicator that will not work unless Ilja will create new INPUTs for cars, the other 3 indicators won't work on a broken CSP preview.

Ensure camera-files located within the track's data-folder are name-sequenced in order, like:

cameras.ini
cameras_1.ini
cameras_2.ini
cameras_3.ini
cameras_4.ini
cameras_5.ini
etc...

Generally , @DaBaeda creates cams with existing-cameras in mind, and are named to follow the last sequenced camera-number... So if you have removed some of the existing cameras, and placed some new ones, these now may be out-of-sequence.

If this looks like your situation, then just rename the existing files like shown above... commencing with cameras.ini and so forth.

PS. Just in case, a reminder to check and ensure camera-files have been placed in the correct track-folder.

Thanks. They are in order as above and in correct data folder for the track. But i only get 1 set of cams to watch. Doesn't make sense.

Thx for your feedback. Do you have something specific in mind what could be done?

A new config is on the way, as some have complained about the extremely bright tarmac and some flickering trees. Just waiting for feedback. Maybe there could be something done on these guard rails too. But I don´t have any idea, what that could be, exactly to be done to change that behavior. :boggled:

And as I yesterday got aware that Sergio Loro is shortly releasing his version of a vintage Watkins Glen, I wouldn´t invest too much time in this version. If I had known this 2-3 weeks before, I wouldn´t have worked on this version and the other involved ones for sure either. :boggled:

Well, I really appreciate your track/work, you guys did a great job on it. I'm suspecting that when Sergio's version is released, there's a good chance I'll use both. We won't know what years/variations his track will have, they could end up complimenting each other. Same way I love the Reboot teams version of Daytona, but Legion's is the only one that has the non-chicane road version available - you need both :)

As for the colour of the pavement - well that's what asphalt looks like after being snowed on each winter - and I don't have any flickering trees. I used an 80's IMSA GTP car set and didn't experience any cars bouncing off the guardrails either - I suspect that's an issue directly related to the type of car in use (as we've seen occasionally with other tracks).

Overall - great work, and it's still very much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Another thing I did today was map out around 9km of road in Gran Canaria, does this look interesting to people? as a rally stage / sprint course. If there's enough interest I will probably make this a thing.

View attachment 1001023 View attachment 1001024 View attachment 1001025 View attachment 1001026 View attachment 1001027 View attachment 1001028

Finally... hot on the heels of Jeddah, and Wild Horse, towards the end of this week I aim to have Curborough Ready for the public release, so watch this space :D

View attachment 1001029
View attachment 1001030

Great! I guess that Gran Canaria would be stunning in your hands!

Thanks. They are in order as above and in correct data folder for the track. But i only get 1 set of cams to watch. Doesn't make sense.

Now know what you may have originally meant... Downloaded track and cams just to see what's going on... Firstly, the cams that came with the 'classic' layout are skewed, except for the 'static' cam-set, think I'll fix that later on... There are three sets of cams from @DaBaeda - which are same camera-position but with different FOV (distant, closer)...

This is perhaps why you feel there is only one-set of cams - but in reality - there are three...

Back to some more liveries...

Now know what you may have originally meant... Downloaded track and cams just to see what's going on... Firstly, the cams that came with the 'classic' layout are skewed, except for the 'static' cam-set, think I'll fix that later on... There are three sets of cams from @DaBaeda - which are same camera-position but with different FOV (distant, closer)...

This is perhaps why you feel there is only one-set of cams - but in reality - there are three...

Thanks. Il give it a go. I thought it was strange.

Tested tonight. I get 1 camera set all at the same FOV even when I press F3 it makes no difference. I just don’t understand what’s happening. I use VR would that make any difference. Many thanks.

Tested tonight. I get 1 camera set all at the same FOV even when I press F3 it makes no difference. I just don’t understand what’s happening. I use VR would that make any difference. Many thanks.

Here are ingame screenshots taken using all three cameras...
(Ginetta G55 SuperCup 2017 @ ks_silverstone\classic)

All cams are working as intended... Hope this helps to clarify.

cameras.ini
cameras.jpg

cameras_1.ini
cameras_1.jpg

cameras_2.ini
cameras_2.jpg

Edit: Just a thought... Try selecting the camera via ingame-menu instead of F3

Last edited:
Well, I really appreciate your track/work, you guys did a great job on it. I'm suspecting that when Sergio's version is released, there's a good chance I'll use both. We won't know what years/variations his track will have, they could end up complimenting each other. Same way I love the Reboot teams version of Daytona, but Legion's is the only one that has the non-chicane road version available - you need both :)

As for the colour of the pavement - well that's what asphalt looks like after being snowed on each winter - and I don't have any flickering trees. I used an 80's IMSA GTP car set and didn't experience any cars bouncing off the guardrails either - I suspect that's an issue directly related to the type of car in use (as we've seen occasionally with other tracks).

Overall - great work, and it's still very much appreciated! :)
Thx mate for your kind words. :cheers:
Yeah, I've to apologize. Mainly, just getting aware of that new arriving version, made me a bit frustrated. :(
Seemed to be wasted time working on this version. I think we all tried improving it to the best. So, I hope it's understandable.
But, @damone13x offered help for that bouncing guardrails prob. And he seemed to have catched it. 👍 :cheers:
It hopefully wouldn't last to long getting all the other things done and tested, tomorrow maybe, and an update will be released. Please be a bit patient, it will come for sure. :D

Here are ingame screenshots taken using all three cameras...
(Ginetta G55 SuperCup 2017 @ ks_silverstone\classic)

All cams are working as intended... Hope this helps to clarify.

cameras.ini
View attachment 1001603

cameras_1.ini
View attachment 1001604

cameras_2.ini
View attachment 1001605

Edit: Just a thought... Try selecting the camera via ingame-menu instead of F3

I have tried from in game on replay changing cams as menu above. The trouble with VR is that as soon as you chose a cam out side car
the menu is not there. I will try disconnecting VR and try with just monitor screen to see which cams are then shown. Normally I just use F3. Will let you know my findings. Thanks for your help. There’s got to be an answer somewhere.

I have tried from in game on replay changing cams as menu above. The trouble with VR is that as soon as you chose a cam out side car
the menu is not there. I will try disconnecting VR and try with just monitor screen to see which cams are then shown. Normally I just use F3. Will let you know my findings. Thanks for your help. There’s got to be an answer somewhere.

No worries... Try another track also...

Edit: Another idea... Does your keyboard have a function-key lock? Mine has a button to lock it in (multi-purpose keys).

Last edited:
for the fixxerupper watkins glen, think its Slider and Gunnar?

I had worked on this track before and replaced the skybox with terrain.

KN5 Terrain HERE (if you want),

to make them work in your fixxerupper edit models.ini and replace [MODEL_2] ~skybox with this

Code:
[MODEL_2]
FILE=terrain.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0
and add this to ext_config.ini
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
DESCRIPTION= terrain
MATERIALS= rastMat
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.20
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.125

upload_2021-4-2_9-50-1.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back