Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,815 comments
Ok I just downloaded the Bentley GT3 and I've noticed some mistakes made on it:

The car has no AO at all on the exterior, so both on paint and carbon fiber, not on the base model and not on the skins I checked
Immagine_2021-04-01_005111.png
Immagine_2021-04-01_005239.png

You never bake AO on tyres like this: you can't have static shadows on something that moves, you see this black spot going around the tire constantly while moving:
Immagine_2021-04-01_004543.png

Some skins don't use alpha correctly and have carbon fibre and other materials hidden under the paint, I'm not sure this is intentional but I don't think it should look like this. Many logos are also pretty low res.
Immagine_2021-04-01_004850.png

Don't use DXT5 compression on interiors AO or you will get these purple and green artifacts, bake uncompressed instead and then save it as 8.8 DDS which is enough compression for AO since it only needs luminance and alpha.
Immagine_2021-04-01_004806.png

I don't want to say this mod is bad but there are definitely many flaws not hard to fix, so maybe this will help understand them more and possibly fix them.
My similar post about the Jaguar was completely ignored and maybe this one will be ignored too but I try.

Bentley Continental GT3 2015 ACC, Sprint and Endurance V1.0

View attachment 1001275
View attachment 1001277

The team:

_delpinsky
_enkay74
_Fabr_123
_Fanapryde
_FileMissing

— 3D car conversion
— added Sprint and Endurance car models
— added LODs
— added damage textures
— created wiper animation
— raindrops visible on internal windows
— added extension folder
— added ext_config.ini file per skin
— added LED_PANEL
— added SAS
— added wobbling safety net and antenna
— added SuperGT numberplate
— added RainFX code into car.ini
— added custom fonts

PHYSICS UPDATE:
— scratch made by _FileMissing & _DestinyOvLight

SOUND UPDATE:
— scratch made by _Fabr_123

SKINS UPDATE:
— scratch made and converted from ACC by _enkay74

BETATESTING:
— by _Fanapryde & the whole team. Thanks to _Masscot for the VR testing.

Thank you all, guys :cheers:

** CSP 0.1.74 preview CustomEmissiveMulti issue **
With the latest CSP 0.1.74 preview, you won't be able to see [CustomEmissiveMulti] meshes emissive light.
In order to see the dashboard indicators and the secondary dashboard leds working correctly, just use the CSP 0.1.73, 0.1.73 preview (if you want RainFX working) or try a newer CSP build when available.

My cars are optimized for A3PP filter. Actual GT3 cars apparently use different colour emissive for brake lights in daytime and nighttime, which means there's a chance an heavy colour correction by a PPfilter may produce wrong colours compared to the ones I made — texture and CSP code — using a different PPfilter.

Download: Link

I don't know why but the Jaguar and now the Bentley have a strange paint or texture because all the skins seams matte and they not respect the emessive material. No chromatic effect or others. Can you fix this in your next updates for this two mod please? The NSX looking good btw. Thanks for everything @delpinsky we needed more ACC conversions:cheers:

I need a little help from you guys! I'm trying to build that AutoGallery R32 and it's also coming out pretty well.
The problem is the back flames. I've tried pretty everything and i've only obtained some small ones while shifting gears.
I really don't know what to change/edit. Can someone give me a little help?

I need a little help from you guys! I'm trying to build that AutoGallery R32 and it's also coming out pretty well.
The problem is the back flames. I've tried pretty everything and i've only obtained some small ones while shifting gears.
I really don't know what to change/edit. Can someone give me a little help?
Did you scratch made its steering wheel or borrowed it from another car?

Ok guys...
whats better Neckfx or RHM ?

I've been using Real Head Motion for a long time, until I switched to Neck Fx.
The only advantage of RHM is that you can adjust the speed at which you glace your head left/right, and adjust the angle.
Neck FX offers deeper variables after you spend some time fine-tuning it, and offers you the ability to move your head using the mouse, which is nice.

View attachment 1001391

The AC community has never fail to impress me, now their is 5 Versions of the Bentley Continental GT3.

Now we just need the 2012 Concept that looks like it should be a car in GT Sport in Gr.3.

View attachment 1001392

I think it's pretty wild personally.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but wouldn't it be a better idea to convert something that we don't have already instead of a car that now has five separate versions?

Like, I dunno... How about that Gallardo R-EX GT3 from ACC that nobody's taken a crack at yet? That's something we don't have dupes of. We're kind of turning into Gran Turismo here.

I mean yeah it's nice to have a higher quality version but I'd much rather fill holes in the grid before replacing mods I've been comfortable using for a while.

Last edited:
While I do think people should be able to choose what mods they want since it's up to their creative mind, I do find it odd that some people pick redundant cars over something else.

I've been using Real Head Motion for a long time, until I switched to Neck Fx.
The only advantage of RHM is that you can adjust the speed at which you glace your head left/right, and adjust the angle.
Neck FX offers deeper variables after you spend some time fine-tuning it, and offers you the ability to move your head using the mouse, which is nice.
A liitle help on RHM, please.
I have a kind of a "tearing effect" on the head turn if I dial the "steering smoothing" to a lower value than 98%. But with this value the head turn becomes too slow...only smooth. Is there a way to fix this?
2Kdpjpw.png

I think it's pretty wild personally.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but wouldn't it be a better idea to convert something that we don't have already instead of a car that now has five separate versions?

Like, I dunno... How about that Gallardo R-EX GT3 from ACC that nobody's taken a crack at yet? That's something we don't have dupes of. We're kind of turning into Gran Turismo here.

I mean yeah it's nice to have a higher quality version but I'd much rather fill holes in the grid before replacing mods I've been comfortable using for a while.

I did take on the REX quite a while ago but never made more than the first export of it as there so many missing assets like good sound or physics which kept me away from the REX.
Screenshot_bm_rex_ks_nurburgring_15-10-120-20-21-22-accum.png

VIPER GTS liveries at last...

View attachment 1001089

Not 100% but very close...
RD_LINK

You have the patience of a saint and have my thanks. Would you be happy enough for me to pack those into an update? I made some changes to the original such as fatter rear tyres and AO on the wheels, these skins tip the scales in making it worth uploading.

Any advice on how to config the flames?

You need to look in the following places
- Car texture -> flames folder
- Car data -> flames.ini and flame_presets.ini (unpack data using CM and then delete/rename data.acd if no data folder present)

I find it easiest to just copy the all the above mentioned files from a car that has flames that I like, then simply adjust the positioning in flames.ini which if I'm not mistaken you can actually do in the CM showroom on later versions of CM.

A liitle help on RHM, please.
I have a kind of a "tearing effect" on the head turn if I dial the "steering smoothing" to a lower value than 98%. But with this value the head turn becomes too slow...only smooth. Is there a way to fix this?

I'd like to help, but I uninstalled RHM some time ago and lost memory of my values. Even if I did, I don't know if I could address the problem.

Ok I just downloaded the Bentley GT3 and I've noticed some mistakes made on it:

The car has no AO at all on the exterior, so both on paint and carbon fiber, not on the base model and not on the skins I checked
Immagine_2021-04-01_005111.png
Immagine_2021-04-01_005239.png

You never bake AO on tyres like this: you can't have static shadows on something that moves, you see this black spot going around the tire constantly while moving:
Immagine_2021-04-01_004543.png

Some skins don't use alpha correctly and have carbon fibre and other materials hidden under the paint, I'm not sure this is intentional but I don't think it should look like this. Many logos are also pretty low res.
Immagine_2021-04-01_004850.png

Don't use DXT5 compression on interiors AO or you will get these purple and green artifacts, bake uncompressed instead and then save it as 8.8 DDS which is enough compression for AO since it only needs luminance and alpha.
Immagine_2021-04-01_004806.png

I don't want to say this mod is bad but there are definitely many flaws not hard to fix, so maybe this will help understand them more and possibly fix them.
My similar post about the Jaguar was completely ignored and maybe this one will be ignored too but I try.

I completely agree with you hope that they fix this with the further update... But they didn't with the Jaguar. Honestly it's so annoying 'cause the Honda NSX it's quiete good on that side. So, @delpinsky we really need good shadows and AO on the Jaguar and on this Bentley like you've done for the Honda

You have the patience of a saint and have my thanks. Would you be happy enough for me to pack those into an update? I made some changes to the original such as fatter rear tyres and AO on the wheels, these skins tip the scales in making it worth uploading.

Not at all, and thanks for the appreciative remarks... But would also like a final attempt at fixing the front-end stripes, round the air-intake/grille area...

Hopefully would not take as long... Do you a timeframe in mind?
__custom_showroom_1617270194.png

dodge_viper_acr__01.jpg

Bentley Continental GT3 2015 ACC, Sprint and Endurance V1.0

View attachment 1001275
View attachment 1001277

The team:

_delpinsky
_enkay74
_Fabr_123
_Fanapryde
_FileMissing

— 3D car conversion
— added Sprint and Endurance car models
— added LODs
— added damage textures
— created wiper animation
— raindrops visible on internal windows
— added extension folder
— added ext_config.ini file per skin
— added LED_PANEL
— added SAS
— added wobbling safety net and antenna
— added SuperGT numberplate
— added RainFX code into car.ini
— added custom fonts

PHYSICS UPDATE:
— scratch made by _FileMissing & _DestinyOvLight

SOUND UPDATE:
— scratch made by _Fabr_123

SKINS UPDATE:
— scratch made and converted from ACC by _enkay74

BETATESTING:
— by _Fanapryde & the whole team. Thanks to _Masscot for the VR testing.

Thank you all, guys :cheers:

** CSP 0.1.74 preview CustomEmissiveMulti issue **
With the latest CSP 0.1.74 preview, you won't be able to see [CustomEmissiveMulti] meshes emissive light.
In order to see the dashboard indicators and the secondary dashboard leds working correctly, just use the CSP 0.1.73, 0.1.73 preview (if you want RainFX working) or try a newer CSP build when available.

My cars are optimized for A3PP filter. Actual GT3 cars apparently use different colour emissive for brake lights in daytime and nighttime, which means there's a chance an heavy colour correction by a PPfilter may produce wrong colours compared to the ones I made — texture and CSP code — using a different PPfilter.

Download: Link

Hello, thanks for the mod, as always a beautiful work! Forgive me for my ignorance, but looking at my images below could you tell me if I am having any problems with incompatibility with the LEDs? I'm using CSP 1.74 preview33 and the emissive shaders that come with MasterKey's Ferrari 488 GT3 mod, since they are newer, or have nothing to do with it? Is that ok using the emissive shaders of another mod instead of yours? One more thing, what are the models in the "custom previews" folder for? Once again thank you very much for your work.

IlNI8K.jpg

IlNjoc.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, a liitle help on RHM, please.
I have a kind of a "tearing effect" on the head turn if I dial the "steering smoothing" to a lower value than 98%, 97%. But with this value the head turn becomes too slow...only smooth. The steering wheel is already centered as the head is still "on it´s way" :lol: Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• 2Kdpjpw.png
    2Kdpjpw.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 20
Not at all, and thanks for the appreciative remarks... But would also like a final attempt at fixing the front-end stripes, round the air-intake/grille area...

Hopefully would not take as long... Do you a timeframe in mind?
View attachment 1001433

View attachment 1001434

Take as long as you need, update is cancelled as the LOD generator from RD has been broken by a forced update by Simplygon. Can't be bothered with making LODs manually as it's too time consuming and the old LODs no longer fit the updates I made so am reverting back to my original version.

You need to look in the following places
- Car texture -> flames folder
- Car data -> flames.ini and flame_presets.ini (unpack data using CM and then delete/rename data.acd if no data folder present)

I find it easiest to just copy the all the above mentioned files from a car that has flames that I like, then simply adjust the positioning in flames.ini which if I'm not mistaken you can actually do in the CM showroom on later versions of CM.

Thanks for the advice, but i've already tweaked them! And already done positioning through CM showroom .. It just doesn't work. As I said before, I only get a few flames every now and then.

flames.ini
[HEADER]
EDIT_MODE=0 ; deprecated in v2: use "set observeFlames 1" on the console
INTENSITY=60.0
EDIT_BIG=1
EDIT_STATE=4 ; debug: 0 > no visible flame, 1 > 1st stage (start), 2 > 2nd stage (loop), 3 > 3rd stage (end), 4 > flash flame
BURN_FUEL_MULT=11 ; flame's lifetime: low number = shorter lifetime
FLASH_THRESHOLD=6 ; from 0 to 10, the big flames appear only if the current gas/rpm/other stuff total is > of this threshold. With 11 there are no big flames

[FLAME_0]
POSITION=0.85, 0.35, 0.42
DIRECTION=3,-0.03659505,-0.9993302
VSIZE_START=0.18
VSIZE_END=0.07
LSIZE=0.5
SIZE_MULT=1.2
IS_LEFT=1
GROUP=0

sounds.ini
[...]
[BACKFIRE]
MAXGAS=0.4 ;backfires are not played if input gas is > maxgas. ranges are from 0 to 1
MINRPM=4750 ;range within which the backfires are audible
MAXRPM=12000
TRIGGERGAS=0.8
VOLUME_IN=1.0
VOLUME_OUT=0.8
VOLUME_SCALE_OUT=7
[...]

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back