Yes, the SuperTouring was born in 1990 in Britain. From 1993 it was a main national level touring car class: Class2. (The DTM was the Class1)
In the regulations I can't found that the cars must be 4 doors. But mention somewhere the rear doors.
http://www.supertouringregister.com/regulations/
Anyway, that relased car is not a Supertourer from 1997. The exterior is a road car with an e30M3 wing and rims. The cockpit is good racing cockpit, except the complety road version dashboard, and the inner part of front doors. So for me its is looks like an gr.N or gr.A modified car. But very fun to drive
View attachment 1015392 View attachment 1015393
Tomorrow I will test it agaist the PM3DM touring cars (Primera, Volvo, and the (real) BMW STW)
Come to think of it, the door number of that MOD is not big deal . Just for MOD naming.
The most important thing is that is fun to drive or not, which I should be mind.
By the way, I found technical regulation of 1998 Group ST. There are words "all four doors" in the end part of page 53, and not in 2001 one.
I feel this description might be presuppose to GroupST cars has 4-doors. Isn't it?
https://historicdb.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulations/1440582787/appendix_j_1998_low.pdf
Last edited: