Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,060 comments
something something possibly something

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_anon_camino_3-11-121-18-44-40.jpg

The car.json file needs a little tweak to show: a couple quotation marks are missing:
This should correct that: "author": "THOMAS,Updated by 101creative",
ahhh **** the last min changes always bring stuff like this thanks for the heads up link replaced

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhh **** the last min changes always bring stuff like this thanks for the heads up link replaced
Nice car, thanks.
If you update the flipped rear-view mirror can you please fix the cockpit glass too? Side windows reflect the road and get the 'snowstorm' effect from the tarmac but this gets really noticeable when driving over chevrons or other road markings.
Cheers.

Looking forward very much to your Megane 4.

Mercedes A45S Release -Full AO Interior and exterior -New textures -New Rims -New physics By @Jandrovi -New Sound Original Mod By thomas (brabus a45s)
I found some things that could be improved:
  • it would be great to have animated wipers (no separate mesh so we can't animate via CSP)
  • there are no rain drops on the windshield and roof but inside the car (on the door)
  • there are gaps in both front doors
  • I need to lower the FFB to below 60% using a torque target of 12nm on my DD1

Attachments

• mba45s_wipers.PNG
    mba45s_wipers.PNG
    82.5 KB · Views: 11
  • mba45s_rain.PNG
    mba45s_rain.PNG
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
  • mba45s_rain_roof.PNG
    mba45s_rain_roof.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
  • mba45s_fbb.PNG
    mba45s_fbb.PNG
    89 KB · Views: 12
  • mba45s_gap_door.PNG
    mba45s_gap_door.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Full, but not paid. You can "purchase" it for 0 bucks in the store: https://phoenix-mods.sellfy.store/p/pacific-coast-extras-pack/
Hi! Excuse me, but how is it possible to get extras for 0 bucks, please? If you try to leave the price field with a null value, it says that you must fill the field - if you put a 0 in the field, it accepts but the next screen shows a value of 1 Pound to be processed by PayPal.

I've bought it already and made a video about it, which will be released tomorrow - the thing is that I said in the video that is not possible to get the extras for free, you have to pay at least one Pound.

Thanks!

Hi guys, in the last few months I've been developing our own tyre generator and after several trials and errors I can finally say that we have a first stable version. In general it should feel "better", fix various problems with kunos tyres (like the absurd rolling resistance value) and add some new features like longitudinal grip loss caused by camber. Furthermore, the performance curve has been totally redone and now, if you don't use blankets, you'll have to drive carefully until tyres don't heat up.
IMO this is our best mod so far. Let me know what you think, please!

Version 3.1 - Released 2021.11.03
RENAULT CLIO R.S. CUP X98 (2013)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
- AssettoGarage for the base mod
- delpinsky, maki123 & masscot for updates to the base mod

NEW FEATURES IN THIS VERSION
• self-developed Michelin Pilot Sport GT S9 (slick hard) tyre compound
• enhanced turbo config with controller on RPMs and throttle input
• PBR materials updated
• minor revision to physics

FULL CHANGELOG v3.1
Aerodynamics
• minor revision of aero data

Powertrain
• corrected differential preload
• enhanced turbo config with controller (RPMs / throttle)
• adjusted engine braking torque and inertia

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new Michelin Pilot Sport GT S9M tyre compound
• implemented CSP new DWB suspension extension
• implemented CSP fix for progressive spring rates
• corrected front and rear rim offsets
• added front progressive spring rate value
• added rear bumpstop LUTs
• slightly decreased brakes max torque

Visual
• enhanced PBR materials config
• regenerated VAO patch
• fixed an RPMs bars visual problem at night

Other changes
• new improved LODs generated with CM
• new low-res cockpit generated with CM
• calculated fuel consumption for AI
• added UI data
• removed unused values

DOWNLOAD
Wow...Will it in someway be the same level or higher than rFactor 2's own tyre physics?

Hi! Excuse me, but how is it possible to get extras for 0 bucks, please? If you try to leave the price field with a null value, it says that you must fill the field - if you put a 0 in the field, it accepts but the next screen shows a value of 1 Pound to be processed by PayPal.

I've bought it already and made a video about it, which will be released tomorrow - the thing is that I said in the video that is not possible to get the extras for free, you have to pay at least one Pound.

Thanks!
Well, I just tried it as a test. I was able to download the extras for 0 pounds. Without any problems. 🤷‍♂️

And before anyone here gets upset about the 0 pounds - I already purchased the extras on release day for a reasonable amount.

Thanks, unfortunaly im not able to add crowd myself, an extension file to put in the track data folder ( camera facing.ini ) is released on race department, but on my side, this one do not work...
Oh great, I'll check that out. Thanks for the reply!

No there is an issue with current pit_lane.ai file.
I have fixed it. Download this one, rename it as pit_lane.ai and copy to ai folder replacing the old one. Clean also the payloads.bin files (they will be automatically recreated if needed)
What do you mean by "clean"? Do you mean "delete"?

I found some things that could be improved:
  • it would be great to have animated wipers (no separate mesh so we can't animate via CSP)
  • there are no rain drops on the windshield and roof but inside the car (on the door)
  • there are gaps in both front doors
  • I need to lower the FFB to below 60% using a torque target of 12nm on my DD1
Thanks, its still wip , but wanted to give a working version :) tahnks for the stuff you pointed out ;)

Well, I just tried it as a test. I was able to download the extras for 0 pounds. Without any problems. 🤷‍♂️

And before anyone here gets upset about the 0 pounds - I already purchased the extras on release day for a reasonable amount.
Right... please, take a look:

[EDIT:] I found the problem: It maybe a cache leftover or a browser thing. I tried with Chrome and it worked, now I'll have to edit the video again.

Last edited:
Wow...Will it in someway be the same level or higher than rFactor 2's own tyre physics?
I don't know if you are kidding.. but anyway for me RF2 is the top physics wise.

My tyre model is just what I came out after months of research, nothing to compare with companies that should have lots of data to play with, obviously.

I hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless!

I don't know if you are kidding.. but anyway for me RF2 is the top physics wise.

My tyre model is just what I came out after months of research, nothing to compare with companies that should have lots of data to play with, obviously.

I hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless!
I don't think your model will ever support official data from tire companies at all due to how limited it probably is compared to rf2's, who knows tho.

Protip: don't drive Assettoland's Spyker C8 Preliator convertible in bright sun if you're susceptible to seizures. Shame they didn't use one of the slightly de-blinged dashboards instead, like this one...

01.jpg

DK
What do you mean by "clean"? Do you mean "delete"?
Yep, as @kimiraik said, delete these files. FYI payloads.bin files are some kind of cache created by CSP to speed up loading process. As I don't know if there is a validation process to see if cache is aligned with ai files, best move is to remove them, then new build will use latest ai file version.

I downloaded the track you posted because I thought it was an update to the one I had. Weird thing though. I compared the two track folders and the one you posted includes additional files I don't have in my current version. That makes me think your link is an updated version. But, some of the date stamps on the files that are the same in both versions are older than the one I have. So now i'm not sure which version to use. Hope that makes some sense.
@racinjoe013,
When I read the post, I checked the version I had and it was 2.0, so I did a search and found the 2.1 link. I have only done a few laps in 2.1, the track mesh feels a bit smoother, but other than that I can't say as to what may have changed between the versions yet.

I upgraded my relatively new Win10 machine to Win11 using the free update available via Windows Update. That was several weeks ago, and Assetto Corsa with Content Manager was the first thing I tested after the installation. To date, I haven't noticed any problems at all, everything runs as well or better than it did before.

Your milage may vary, but it's been a (surprisingly) positive experience so far!
Thanks guys, your reply gives me hope :-) Gonna take "leap of faith" and update my windows too .

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back