Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,801 comments
modding question...... exist an good and easy way to create the skidmark on a racetrack with blender?
the method I am using does not convince me, because I do not follow a trajectory but I copy the road and turn it into a skid ...
Make a spline that follows the path you want, or import you ai line in to blender (leBluem made a tool for that, it´s on racedept.)
Then extrude it or array a plane on the path and you have your groove mesh.

A little note, I recently (accidentally) ticked the 'remove missing' button in RESULTS > stats and 'lost' about 15.000 km from my most used track alone. Also lost driving time (is now at 8 days 12 hours, where Steam has recorded close to 3.000 hrs, so be careful with that if you are devoted to these numbers
I drive almost exclusively with Steam in offline mode so that it doesn't record how many hours I've clocked. I don't want to know, or want anyone else to know! 🤫 ... because I just KNOW it could be used against me by people who might decide I'm a 'good-for-nothing computer game addict'. 😱

Now, as the first step in my 12-step recovery, I will publically confess: I am not a gaming addict at all. But I AM a driving addict. 🤐 😁

Yeah RD downloads are pretty slow at times. I've been hitting all time high speeds of 240kb/s this evening so i think their servers are either slow or just too many people downloading things at once.
A word of warning - Be careful discussing RD here though in case you upset the GTP gang and interrupt their useless 4 page discussion about how many mods they all have
oof, that makes a simple one skin download take several minutes...
But that's probably what happened, we're at 8 MBit/s now and rising :D
And about that 'how many mods' discussion, at least that keeps them from arguing about the other nonsensical things they will never come to an agreement about, and they're talking about mods, so I'll keep scrolling past that and cleaning out my cars and tracks folder, my hard drive's nearly full!

Happy new year, everyone!

I have a question that may also help other people. I mainly play offline and I plan to make a 21-race championship in different circuits that suit F3/F2 cars. Which tracks have the best AIs to race against?

Thanks!

There's not a ST162 Celica GTS available on Race Department.

1641520800950.png

Did anyone know that Michael Schumacher drove a 156 Super 2000 at Mugello in 2003?

I ask because these days I have been looking for some very borderline information, and I had this one that left me surprised, I wanted to ask if some good soul could make this livery, since it was recently his birthday
Alfa156_Schumi_01_lg.jpg

A new version of Paris (Grid) by Calimero0euf, SebBoyart, nobody is available (v2.1) via CM.
But it's strange, I don't see any difference in the files compared to version 2.0 (same sizes, same dates) apart the UI (version 2.1)
Anyone know what it is?

EDIT : my mistake. 2 files with new date but same size.

Last edited:
Thanks, but it’s not the floating head issue. Here a video off it, where you can see the helmet pop as it gets close enough to the camera.

Anybody know if this can me fixed?

Have a look at my recent post here:

Happy new year, everyone!

I have a question that may also help other people. I mainly play offline and I plan to make a 21-race championship in different circuits that suit F3/F2 cars. Which tracks have the best AIs to race against?

Thanks!

First look if the AI.lines and pit.lines (track/AI folder) are newer than about End of 2017 -> in most cases you should be good.
Thats not a rule, but often the newer the track, the better could be the AI.
Otherwise look after AI fixes/. Just type in Google or search here in the this threadt for example "Monaco 1966 AI" and you`ll probably find AI fixes.
(And stay away from ACTK tracks :D (sorry EASY), they have mostly not the best (fastest) AI :nervous:

A word of warning - Be careful discussing RD here though in case you upset the GTP gang and interrupt their useless 4 page discussion about how many mods they all have
It's a discussion about how many mods you have, and it's in the mods general discussion thread. What's wrong with that?

It is also what happens when you have one massive thread about everything "mod".

Wow, very nice version of the track. Seems very well done and accurate. But when were those floodlights put in? I don't remember them being there. And I watched a race from there last year I think.
They are not existing in real life, is that why i kept and older version of Autopolis (which is a lil bit empty in terms of track life, but more accurate). This one, with this lights is like a fantasy track unfortunately :-/

They are not existing in real life, is that why i kept and older version of Autopolis (which is a lil bit empty in terms of track life, but more accurate). This one, with this lights is like a fantasy track unfortunately :-/
Can they be hidden? I haven't tested the track yet but if they aren't solid, they could probably be hidden with a blank dds file or with an extension config.

Hello drivers.

I would like to ask you for advice on how to solve or adjust the head position of the McLaren driver from the Virtua Simulationi team. To show and compare exactly what I mean, I present McLaren and Ferrari from the Virtua Simulationi team. I didn't edit anything. Everything is as the Virtua Simulationi team did. The pictures are from CM. Thank you in advance for all the help.

McLaren.jpg
Ferrari.jpg

Looking for some help with Content Manger and Shaders patch.

I am trying to install 177.1, but get this error message, also get this in 1.76 as well but not 1.75?
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You need a folder from any old version called "tzdata". Copy or move this folder to the new directory completely and everything will work.
Great that worked, but now when I try to start a race etc. I get these pop up.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I have tried the integrity update and AC starts from the exe.

Last edited:
Looking for some help with Content Manger and Shaders patch.

I am trying to install 177.1, but get this error message, also get this in 1.76 as well but not 1.75?
I had the same problem and then I allowed Content Manager to "Update to non-tested versions" (settings / Content Manager / General / Testing access) and the error message was gone.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back