Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,979 comments
Okay, so now here is the COTA extension for acu_cota_2021. The one with @Pyyer F1 2021 extension.
@Pyyer - Hope you don't mind. I can delete it here or you can use it, I don't mind.

Just to simplify the installation process: I took everything from Pyyer's F1 2021 extension and added my digital displays.

So you can drag it to your tracks/acu_cota_2021 folder and overwrite the older files.

Remember: You must use CSP 1.76 or above to make it work otherwise it'll still looks the same.

I will edit my other post, too.

https://mega.nz/file/GBh0nLLa#G0do1vmSUyfR6dP_6k-quKyFJtFy9w2I90y0Pnj6RgE

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_acu_cota_2021_21-0-122-12-49-20.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I read Gary say on RD that he's very unlikely to finish it, which is technically a Crime Against Modding™
Maybe he'd supply his WIP for a suitably capable person to finish it for him?
Yeah, I doubt it too...
Some lucky bugger in a parallel universe is driving the Paterson Focus RS around Ian's updated Majura Valley and laughing his ass off.
Are you working on an update for Majura Valley? I remeber that you posted some pics a long time ago. The white trees are terrible btw

Last edited:
IMHO, you are comparing what is not comparable.
AC is a SIM. GT and Forza aren't.

Now what I know, is that AC AI, has one of the worst AI amongst the others SIM games.

Have fun.
AC AI "goodness" depends on good ai line and the car used, same ai line can be bad for another car.

General saying AC ai is bad is from someone using bad mods from 50 to 500 HP in one race.

Last edited:
Just a reminder! When using an account, there are no such problems.
I am not saying that you do not have it, and in general, there may be a problem in something else.
:gtpflag:
Right, but I'm (on purpose) not using an account, because some people might say I could earn some money using Sharemods.
I'm just using it because content stays longer, there's no limit for the number of uploads, it is (was) fast and nobody had trouble downloading (as opposed to some others).
But ever since I was using Sharemods I never had that captcha message and since a day or two it started. Now I need to disable my uBlocker and then I get flooded with 'jumping' ads, sometimes hard to tell where the captcha window is... worthless now imo.

It's better to air restrictor or add weight, to slow down a car? I tried with 100% air restrictor but the car is still too fast ...😥

Last edited:
It's better to air restrictor or add weight, to slow down a car? I tried with 100% air restrictor but the car is still too fast ...😥
It helps to send all the competitors out (ai) and just watch how they perform, relative to each other. Generally, if a car seems waay too good in the corners, add weight to slow it down. If it's smokin everything on the straights, use air restrictor. Sometimes one of the attributes of a car is too beautiful to do anything, then go with the other... (as for the actual numbers, sometimes over 100 is required, but rarely)

Last edited:
It helps to send all the competitors out (ai) and just watch how they perform, relative to each other. Generally, if a car seems waay too good in the corners, add weight to slow it down. If it's smokin everything on the straights, use air restrictor. Sometimes one of the attributes of a car is too beautiful to do anything, then go with the other... (as for the actual numbers, sometimes over 100 is required, but rarely)
This may help https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ballast-or-restrictor.50056/

The new update ext_config for COTA is showing numbers+% instead of driver name abbreviations on the scoreboard... (in both versions). I tried turning off "replace country flags by AI level" in CSP-GUI just in case (although those aren't AI levels), to no avail. Anyone else? Suggestions?

Attachments

• COTA-Scoreboard.JPG
    COTA-Scoreboard.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The new update ext_config for COTA is showing numbers+% instead of driver name abbreviations on the scoreboard... (in both versions). I tried turning off "replace country flags by AI level" in CSP-GUI just in case (although those aren't AI levels), to no avail. Anyone else? Suggestions?
No, I have name abbreviations (3 digits)

cts.png

Strange that the tower in acu_unitedstates has missing parts on top (only visible from one side)

Last edited:
@gunnar333 great job with the display, I would like to replicate it on my tracks, in your opinion if I place a TV monitor on arrival I could see the times of everyone present on the server? obviously the panel must have some particular color or what? i noticed this on borgloh, i create only hillclimb and slalom at the moment

Can't think of a more annoying procedure than having to load different AI lines for different races. Add to that having to hold the shift key, ay caramba.

If AI lines could be loaded via CM just like track skins, though.

@norms figured it out:

unknown.png

See that this box is UNchecked.

Can't think of a more annoying procedure than having to load different AI lines for different races. Add to that having to hold the shift key, ay caramba.

If done properly, the user should never have to hold down the shift key. Only needed by ai creator to bake in new sidelines to new fast lane.

And it goes beyond just different lines- it's 50-50 handshake process between the track ai and the car's ai. If a car has poor ai, good track ai will never fix it, and vice versa. Some cars will need different hints, depending on a lot of factors. As someone who does a lot of tracks, all I can do is try to predict what cars will be used on the track and get them to work on that particular track. There is no one size fits all, too many variables with all the mods.

Last edited:

Its what it is 🤷‍♂️ , this is just the description why and how to circumvent, complaining wont do anything at all.

" having to hold the shift key "
this only aplies when you made new ai-borders, you never have to do that when not fiddling with AI borders yourself
(dont enable this: )
1642782278732.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back