Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,824 comments
Some mods that deserve more attention, imo. Some probably already have them, but in case you don't you should check them out.
I can testify as to the Top Car mod: it's great! Looks great, sounds great, goes great. No vices. Easy/fun to drive. Responds well to setup tweaks. It's a pure spec series (same everything), so a setup for one works for all (you have to change one line in the setup .ini file; guess which?). Attached: a generic race setup. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Top_Car_02-21-2022.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi!...
This Package is including F40 Competizione single seater and two seaters, F40 LM(Fictional F40 Competizione's Stradale Version).
I know there are only 2 units of F40 LM in real life(74045, 79890).
I just want call it "F40 LM" ^^
Anyways,
# F40 Competizione Change Logs(V1.1)
1. Some Bugs are Fixed
2. Added Front Radiator and Fans - Fans can be rotated during Race
3. LOD_B is added
1) LOD_A : 450K
2) LOD_B : 270K

#F40 LM Change Logs(V1.1)
1. All Exteriors are changed. 3d Model base : Forza Horizon 4(Turn 10 Studio)
-. Converted by F40 LM Lover
2. Interior 3d Model Base : Kunos Assetto Corsa's F40 Original and Foraza Horizon 4(Turn 10 Studio)
3. Sound : Ferrari F40 LM Real Sound Mod 0.92 by hillclimber12 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-f40lm-real-sound-mod.21279/
4. Bugs are Fixed
5. Details
-. Added Rotating Animated Radiator Fan
-. Doors Animation(Left Door : Extra A, Right Door : Extra B, Rear Cawl : Extra C)
-. Wiper Animation by CSP Config
-. Seperated High Beam
-. Turn Signal & Hazards Signal and Reverse Lights
-. Refraction of Lights
6. Added LOD_B
-. Lod_A is 450K Pollies
-. Lod_B is 278k Pollies
7. 6 Skins
8. Physics
-. Wheel Horse Power is little bit Higher(720whp to 780whp)
-. 100kg +
-. Limitter 8100rpm -. Pirelli Pzero Corsa tyre only

Download link is in the description.

Thanks for your great work.
It would be possible to change your mods names?
It clashes with other mods, both.

Cheers

I appreciate your passion to create these F40 mods, and I know you put a lot of time into them. There are a few issues that need to be corrected for a future update.

In VR, both mods also have the distorted wiper arm that looks like strings up and down the right side of the windshield, that move around as you move your head. If you look at the wiper arm at the bottom of the windshield, there's a strange effect that makes it hard to look at, like it's not rendering properly in 3D.

The "dirt" effect on the windshield is too strong, as if the car has been in a 24-hour race, and no one ever cleaned the windshield.

The outside mirrors are flipped on the LM 89 version.

You have capitalized characters in the folder and file names. I think this causes problems with AC storing data for the mod.
See what I mean?

Every time a new version is out, who have others F40 with same name like me, have to pass through the process of changing names, in order to keep in this case, 4 cars.

Thanks again.

Yeah, same. Why not choose a 2009 or 2011 car as someone else mentioned here ? We don't have a pro mod for those.
Bit of a wasted opportunity there.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, the 2009 double diffuser era or 2010 or even the high nose era of 2012 would've been great, quite disappointed because you have to rely on the simdream f1 mods with overhauled physics made by someone else

Hi!...
This Package is including F40 Competizione single seater and two seaters, F40 LM(Fictional F40 Competizione's Stradale Version).
I know there are only 2 units of F40 LM in real life(74045, 79890).
I just want call it "F40 LM" ^^
Anyways,
# F40 Competizione Change Logs(V1.1)
1. Some Bugs are Fixed
2. Added Front Radiator and Fans - Fans can be rotated during Race
3. LOD_B is added
1) LOD_A : 450K
2) LOD_B : 270K

#F40 LM Change Logs(V1.1)
1. All Exteriors are changed. 3d Model base : Forza Horizon 4(Turn 10 Studio)
-. Converted by F40 LM Lover
2. Interior 3d Model Base : Kunos Assetto Corsa's F40 Original and Foraza Horizon 4(Turn 10 Studio)
3. Sound : Ferrari F40 LM Real Sound Mod 0.92 by hillclimber12 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-f40lm-real-sound-mod.21279/
4. Bugs are Fixed
5. Details
-. Added Rotating Animated Radiator Fan
-. Doors Animation(Left Door : Extra A, Right Door : Extra B, Rear Cawl : Extra C)
-. Wiper Animation by CSP Config
-. Seperated High Beam
-. Turn Signal & Hazards Signal and Reverse Lights
-. Refraction of Lights
6. Added LOD_B
-. Lod_A is 450K Pollies
-. Lod_B is 278k Pollies
7. 6 Skins
8. Physics
-. Wheel Horse Power is little bit Higher(720whp to 780whp)
-. 100kg +
-. Limitter 8100rpm -. Pirelli Pzero Corsa tyre only

Download link is in the description.

Hi,

Good work, but is it possible to release a version with stock LM wheels (5 spoke) ?

Thank you

The Lotus 30 has been updated. There are new LODs, new hi res skins (the skins originally uploaded were a mistake). The difference is very obvious, as shown below. The clipped CM and one or two other issues have been fixed. Link below.

Screenshot_lotus_30_series_1_bridgehampton_21-2-122-14-49-55_cr.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_30_series_1_bridgehampton_21-2-122-14-48-53_cr.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_30_series_1_bridgehampton_21-2-122-13-47-56_cr.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_30_series_1_bridgehampton_21-2-122-13-46-57_cr.jpg

EVEN NEWER LINK with fixes: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2ipek30tj5epwnd/lotus_30_series_1_v+1.2.zip/file

Last edited:
If you get something good working, please fire it back and I'll update mine. 👍
As promised, this is the RainFX I came up with real quick last night. The track is so big that i'm sure I missed something and I didn't waste much time on creating stream_edges. Just around the front stretch pitboxes and grandstands. I might fine tune this later tonight after dinner. The problem I had with yours was the road surfaces didn't get wet or puddle up. With this one they do. Maybe someone can take this and fix it up right if I don't get to it sooner.

[RAIN_FX]
ACTIVE = 1
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?road?, ?concrete?, ?cobbles?, ?kerbs?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?road?, ?concrete?, ?cobbles?, whitelines, leaves2, ?kerbs?, ?wall?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = whitelines, pitboxes, grandstand
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?grass?, ?edge?, ?terrain?, ?bale?, ?hay?
LINES_MATERIALS = whitelines, grid_slot
STREAM_EDGE_... = -2616.08, -37.16, -308.43, -2835.69, -30.06, -23.18
STREAM_EDGE_... = -2573.29, -33.27, -355.78, -2582.17, -33.3, -344.4
STREAM_EDGE_... = -2417.17, -41.09, -576.44, -2378.87, -40.76, -626.24
STREAM_EDGE_... = -2375.68, -40.59, -630.53, -2337.36, -40.25, -680.32

For anyone who cares, since I didn't hear any complaints or suggestions for improvement, i'm going to release my final(?) Deutschlandring and Fonteny edits soon. I reached out to Fat-Alfie to make sure it was ok to release something that changes his tracks and he kindly said it was fine with one caveat. I can't include my own custom track skins for the trees, which i'm fine with. I have to much respect for the work he did on these tracks to question what he would perfer. So the only included track skins will be his original look with edited trunks so they don't turn orange and yellow in the fall. He gave me copies of the textures without the bottom moss on the trunks which I am very grateful for. I may include a readme file that has links to my own personal tree texture skins or require people to PM me for the link if they want to try them out.

Last edited:
Is there an option to put them physics from Kunos F138 on the cars of the FO2013 mod?
The mod cars feel a bit strange with the brakes and steering...

Hello there, hope you're all good.

Hope someone is willing to help me (amateur) out on this one:
I'm only familiar to 'modding' to a certain (very low knowledge, that is) extent and am looking for someone to assist me here with this specific request.

How to change helmets in VRC Formula NA 1999 (and 2012 and 2018 for that matter)?
I don't like the default ones in 1999 and would like to use these .dds ones on the #6 1999 car. How to do that?

HELMET_1975.jpg

HELMET_GLASS_1975.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any skins for the RTM Jaguar XKR GT2? I've looked all over the Internet and can't seem to find any (only one or two for the inferior AG version).
The mod seems to be the best version of this car, but it only comes with three skins (one of which is blank white). So has anyone perhaps made a skin or two for themselves?

Last edited:
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any skins for the RTM Jaguar XKR GT2? I've looked all over the Internet and can't seem to find any (only one or two for the inferior AG version).
The mod seems to be the best version of this car, but it only comes with three skins (one of which is blank white). So has anyone perhaps made a skin or two for themselves?
I think literally the only other skin I’ve seen besides the ALMS skin it comes with was the Emil Frey G3 Jaguar, which you don’t need because it’s been converted from ACC already.

Honestly I don’t even know where to find that one anymore.

I think literally the only other skin I’ve seen besides the ALMS skin it comes with was the Emil Frey G3 Jaguar, which you don’t need because it’s been converted from ACC already.

Honestly I don’t even know where to find that one anymore.
Yeah, I know it's going to be a long shot. I think my only hope is that perhaps someone owns the mod and has made one or two skins for their own use.

I appreciate your passion to create these F40 mods, and I know you put a lot of time into them. There are a few issues that need to be corrected for a future update.

In VR, both mods also have the distorted wiper arm that looks like strings up and down the right side of the windshield, that move around as you move your head. If you look at the wiper arm at the bottom of the windshield, there's a strange effect that makes it hard to look at, like it's not rendering properly in 3D.

The "dirt" effect on the windshield is too strong, as if the car has been in a 24-hour race, and no one ever cleaned the windshield.

The outside mirrors are flipped on the LM 89 version.

You have capitalized characters in the folder and file names. I think this causes problems with AC storing data for the mod.
Oh.! I didnt know that capitalized characters will affect some functions, i will check them.

Dirt glass's shader property is same like original f40 i think, i will try to change.

CSP Wiper always has some issues, as you know this function is so easy and powerfull, but It is not working properly IN VR mode yet.
I will try to make animation in 3ds max.

Thank you for your feedback!

guys any idea what would cause a car to float like this? the tyres seem ok, not sure what else. seems issue is model side maybe?

View attachment 1116265
Hello friend, I don't remember if it was in this forum or in another one that sometimes this problem can be solved by changing in the "data" folder, two variables: the height of the front suspension in relation to the ground and also the "center of gravity"... I don't know it will work. There are cars from mod 1976 "simdr.." that have the same problem, maybe I'll try to modify something to see the result. I hope it was here, the person who suggested these solutions.

Data replacement for the Dan Busca 996.2 GT3

Original car can be found of Facebook somewhere...

Been trying to learn about physics in Assetto Corsa and would like to know if I am on the right track, feedback appreciated. Be sure to back up the original data.acd so you can go back to it if you don't like what I have done.

New Suspension
New Base settings
New Tyres
New Aero
New Engine
Updated Drivetrain
New Setup options Ride height / ARB /Rear wing angle
and many other things that I have forgotten!

Last edited:
Is there an option to put them physics from Kunos F138 on the cars of the FO2013 mod?
The mod cars feel a bit strange with the brakes and steering...
You'd have to manually copy the files from the kunos f1 and replace the data files from the fo2013

replacing everything except:

analog_intstruments.ini
cameras.ini
colliders.ini
damage.ini
dash_cam.ini
digital_instruments.ini
driver3d.ini
lights.ini
lods.ini
mirrors.ini

basically anything that calls upon a mesh

Hello there, hope you're all good.

Hope someone is willing to help me (amateur) out on this one:
I'm only familiar to 'modding' to a certain (very low knowledge, that is) extent and am looking for someone to assist me here with this specific request.

How to change helmets in VRC Formula NA 1999 (and 2012 and 2018 for that matter)?
I don't like the default ones in 1999 and would like to use these .dds ones on the #6 1999 car. How to do that?

View attachment 1116238
View attachment 1116239

Many thanks in advance.
I think if you just drag an drop the helmet .dds into the specific skin folder it should work (might have to delete 'HELMET=' in skin.ini

I think if you just drag an drop the helmet .dds into the specific skin folder it should work (might have to delete 'HELMET=' in skin.ini
Nope, he'll have to use an ext_config.ini file to replace the driver model. One of those can easily be copied from the RSS FH Skins that use ACRHP or whatever it's called, and then just adjust the name of the replacement model in the fie The other alternative would be to edit the driver3d file in the data folder.

Last edited:
Posting my Deutschlandring and Fonteny mods here first before I put them up on Race Department just to get one last check from some of the folks here for any problems. Both tracks are contained in the download. I don't think Fonteny is quite as polished as Deutschlandring, but it still looks nice in the fall and winter to see proper colors. Fonteny was tough because the tree textures had both pines and deciduous trees so there was no way to make all of the deciduous trees turn color. That means you will see a few green deciduous trees in the fall and maybe one or two orange\yellow pines. Still better than nothing IMO.

Make sure to backup each tracks extension folder before you try these and read the readme file for a few tweak suggestions and other notes about the missing track skins. The only thing I could put in the included track skins was the original textures with altered tree trunks. Always open to suggestions for improvement.

Deutschlandring and Fonteny

acs 2022-02-21 16-31-34.png

EDIT: Realized that Fonteny has the wrong ext_config file. Not worth uploading a new version because it's a simple edit for most people here. Open up the file and find the [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_16] section. Change the MATERIALS = line to:

MATERIALS = terrain?, grass?, imposters?, ?hedges?

I forgot to add the ?hedges? part. If you prefer colorful hedges, then just leave the file alone. It's the only difference.

EDIT 2: Link updated with correct Fonteny ext_config file. You can ignore what's above.

Last edited:
Nope, he'll have to use an ext_config.ini file to replace the driver model. One of those can easily be copied from the RSS FH Skins that use ACRHP or whatever it's called, and then just adjust the name of the replacement model in the fie The other alternative would be to edit the driver3d file in the data folder.
Screenshot 2022-02-21 194243.png

If you have the helmet skinned to the proper template, you can just paste the dds in the skin folder and rename it to the helmet material (in this case 'vrc-driver-helmet') just like you would make a livery
1645490847643.png
To get it to actually show in game you'd have to remove skin.ini (or maybe just remove the HELMET= line)

unless that design wasn't to the proper template then yea I believe they would have to replace the helmet model using ext config

Last edited:
Hello friend, I don't remember if it was in this forum or in another one that sometimes this problem can be solved by changing in the "data" folder, two variables: the height of the front suspension in relation to the ground and also the "center of gravity"... I don't know it will work. There are cars from mod 1976 "simdr.." that have the same problem, maybe I'll try to modify something to see the result. I hope it was here, the person who suggested these solutions.
What do the tires show in the CM Showroom?
thanks fellas managed to sort it, combination of susp and tires.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back