Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,078 comments
Hi all,
To all my fellow VR simracers (or anybody else who knows):
So I'm AC'ing in VR with my Oculus Quest 2 for a while now. Took me a long time to find the sweetspot in terms of settings, but I'm running a steady 90 FPS, which makes for an awesome experience.
Only thing is.. if I turn on the rain (lights-patch-v0.1.78-preview1-full) or I drive at night, the FPS dropped down to 45 FPS.
I turned to Google and found out that this was done by the Asynchronous SpaceWarp setting and this could be altered through the Oculus Tray Tool or the Oculus Debug Tool.

However, I found out that this only works if I'm already in the game and set the 'Default ASW Mode' in the Oculus Tray Tool to off.
It works immediately, the FPS goes back to almost 90 FPS.

I don't know why the tool doesn't work when I start it (as it is already on OFF).
I have ALT-TAB back to my desktop, set the ASW setting from OFF to AUTO and back to OFF and then it works.

Anybody know something a bit user-friendly?
Or am I doing something wrong? (also a possibility.. 😌)

How do I get to see these wheels in previews ? Not that I don't like the ones you provided :D but all of my installed cars have 'uniform' previews.
When I make them the car never shows these regazzoni wheels, alway the same 'spoked' ones. (In game they are present).

Also, I see Sabine driving the safety car in game (which is why in this case I'd like to see her in preview too), but my previews show a helmet wearing pilot.
Not possible. :(
The custom showroom cant adress stuff changed by an ext_config.ini. That was the reason why I've loaded every skin manually, made a screenshot, resized it and save it as a preview. Same with Sabienchen. The driver in the safety car gets replaced with the ext_config.ini of this skin, so it doesnt work in the showroom.
But I get you, usually the first thing I do is creating new preview pictures bc I want all of my preview pictures look the same. Except some stupid encryption doesnt allow it, which leads in most cases to a car less in my database. ;)
@Pfalzdriver @MrHunt could you guys not just team-up and present the (!) final edition of that car with all the glory? I really lost the overview what version now is the most accurate one. Like 99% of all the GTP members I deleted the Pfalzdriver version and took the version by Mr. Hunt, thinking this now would be the end of the story. Failed so far I guess.
In terms of functionalty my latest version (v1.5) is the most recent. Unless someone we dont name inhere anymore had already changed and broke some stuff again. ;)
I really dont know tho. The skins of MrHunt can be used with my version, but they will all have the rims by BBS. Changing them to the Regazzonis is quite simple:

- Place both the ext_config.ini and the regazzoni.kn5 (present for example in the skin folder "050_Quester") into the skin folder you want them and you are done.

I've used this easy way of switching them instead of putting everything into the main ext_config.ini in folder "extension". That way it is just copy and paste, nothing has to be edited.

Personal note: AOR is just running a little championship with my latest edit of the M1, races are on every thursay in march at 20:00h CET. Just in case someone wants to join. If such kind of announcement isnt allowed inhere, mods please edit and delete. Couldnt find anything within the TOS.

Last edited:
Hi interminded,

also addicted to AC + Q2 VR... :)

press CTRL + 1 (numeric keypad) as soon as Oculus Link (via USB cable) is established (so Oculus software is running on PC).
This turns AWS off. That is the easiest way.

I usually do a quick check by opening the Oculus Debug Tool afterwards
but that just is a habit I need to break, cause 10 out of 10 times the CTRL-1 indeed Disabled AWS :)

You need to do this each time Oculus Link connection is established unfortunately, as it reverts back to default (Auto).
I didn't find any way to have it set Disabled by default.
If anyone knows how , please share! :)

Cheers and see you on track some day!
(check out my small humble discord for the servers I host , https://discord.gg/GxA9ndbb
they are setup for me and a friend to race online , but unused 99% of times, a waiste really, and so looking for some fellow VR drivers pref. from the lowlands (good ping) to frequent them as well ...
So tell your friends, fellow AC drivers, and check out my servers! PM me if any question or request.)

cheers,
Jac0

Can anyone help me. I've downloaded the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak. In car.ini, steer lock is 360 degrees which is accurate but in game, it doesn't reach 360 degrees. How do I fix this?

Not possible. :(
The custom showroom cant adress stuff changed by an ext_config.ini. That was the reason why I've loaded every skin manually, made a screenshot, resized it and save it as a preview. Same with Sabienchen. The driver in the safety car gets replaced with the ext_config.ini of this skin, so it doesnt work in the showroom.
But I get you, usually the first thing I do is creating new preview pictures bc I want all of my preview pictures look the same. Except some stupid encryption doesnt allow it, which leads in most cases to a car less in my database. ;)

In terms of functionalty my latest version (v1.5) is the most recent. Unless someone we dont name inhere anymore had already changed and broke some stuff again. ;)
I really dont know tho. The skins of MrHunt can be used with my version, but they will all have the rims by BBS. Changing them to the Regazzonis is quite simple:

- Place both the ext_config.ini and the regazzoni.kn5 (present for example in the skin folder "050_Quester") into the skin folder you want them and you are done.

I've used this easy way of switching them instead of putting everything into the main ext_config.ini in folder "extension". That way it is just copy and paste, nothing has to be edited.

Personal note: AOR is just running a little championship with my latest edit of the M1, races are on every thursay in march at 20:00h CET. Just in case someone wants to join. If such kind of announcement isnt allowed inhere, mods please edit and delete. Couldnt find anything within the TOS.
Not too much to extend this discussion about this car, but compared to the car provided by MrHunt what is exactly different to the car of your version? Where are the flaws? The damage model? The lights?

Hi interminded,

also addicted to AC + Q2 VR... :)

press CTRL + 1 (numeric keypad) as soon as Oculus Link (via USB cable) is established (so Oculus software is running on PC).
This turns AWS off. That is the easiest way.

I usually do a quick check by opening the Oculus Debug Tool afterwards
but that just is a habit I need to break, cause 10 out of 10 times the CTRL-1 indeed Disabled AWS :)

You need to do this each time Oculus Link connection is established unfortunately, as it reverts back to default (Auto).
I didn't find any way to have it set Disabled by default.
If anyone knows how , please share! :)

Cheers and see you on track some day!
(check out my small humble discord for the servers I host , https://discord.gg/GxA9ndbb
they are setup for me and a friend to race online , but unused 99% of times, a waiste really, and so looking for some fellow VR drivers pref. from the lowlands (good ping) to frequent them as well ...
So tell your friends, fellow AC drivers, and check out my servers! PM me if any question or request.)

cheers,
Jac0
Thanks!
Let me try that :)

hi is anyone good with smoothing?

im trying to get this mod out the way, if anyone reckons they could help it'd be much appreciated.
__custom_showroom_1646664656.png

Last edited:
what is exactly different to the car of your version? Where are the flaws? The damage model? The lights?
No damage model, no turning or rear lights, no fog lights, no analog instruments.
The part with the lights isnt really that important.

To shorten this, and I didnt install the one provided by MrHunt, I guess his version is maybe v1.2 without all the extra stuff that was added since that version by the easy guy and myself, plus the different rims. The base modell of all versions is the same with the same bug.

GP de MONACO F1 2021
Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo

TRACK AND SKIN COMBO FOR 2021

SPONSORS ALMOST PERFECT (Model differs to real life obviously)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SKIN ACTIVATED IN CM

IMPORTANT: Please DELETE any past versions of the 2019 track and use this 2021 renamed one.

ALL OTHER COMMUNITY BITS AND PIECES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE INITIAL POST ARE NOW INCLUDED ALONG WITH BILLBOARD ERRORS (Link Updated). MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

View attachment 1012323 View attachment 1012324

Very authentic. Will you please share this track skin mod ? Thanks

Is AC window maximised and active (top of the pile of windows) on the desktop view? Sometimes i unknowingly have steamvr settings or realheadmotion window on top of AC window on desktop view, so the computer thinks I am moving the mouse over those windows and doesn't track the mouse movement with the yellow dot in the vr view of AC so I can't move or click in vr view. Alt-tab and minimising anything in the way of AC window on the desktop fixes the problem for me. Maybe similar for you?
Thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay. Unfortunately this did not fix my issue :-(
When I start the session everything is ok with the yellow dot in VR view but then after going into the menu to go back to pits for example it is completely messed up.

Dude, I wouldnt have had a problem with using the configuration if you didnt remove the credits! I've used the work of others too in some cases, but I gave them credit. And I've spend a lot of time with this configuration to figure stuff out by myself.

And I completely understand you want this incredible car look like it is/was in reality, so you've changed the rims ... or used a version with changed rims.
But look at your rims ....

... look at my changes in the last version ....
View attachment 1120879
... and now let us take a look at a real picture of this beauty ....
View attachment 1120880
I guess you see what I'm talking about. :cheers:
??? some Turbofan rims where completley white then, no black aero stripes and? You have clearly no idea.^^

The version I had already had turbofan rims, the one from Pfalz didn't even exist then with it, nonsense here such childish discussions because of a stupid ext config, that's easier to make than taking the lollipop away from children.

His one (car) sucked, otherwise I would have taken it, besides, it's about the skins and not the car, because they go with every M1 for AC.

The version I had was the newest and best, end for now with this and blacklist for pfalz, because of his childish behaviour.

Guys, take whatever M1 mod you want, they go with every M1 mod for AC.

Any updates regarding that topic? :)
Unfortunately no. I just don't know enough about this stuff to ever finish anything properly. I tried some Google searches for help, but came up pretty empty. I also tried some other things to try and trick the animation file that was already made by Kunos, but that didn't work either. Very frustrating to want to do stuff and be clueless on how to do it.

Does anyone somewhere over the rainbow have the Bentley Continental GT3 2019, version 0.6 or thereabouts? I have version 0.35 which is on this very forum but when I install it via CM I get an update to version 0.6, which can't be downloaded. Thank you.

Hi all. Just a quick question. Does anybody who plays in VR know how to stop flickering on crash barriers ect. Is there a setting in CSP . Many thanks. This mainly happens in replays

Last edited:
Hello friends I'm trying to add a cockpit mirror on the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Mod, similar to the Mclaren 720S GT3 mirror, it appears in the cockpit, but unfortunately, it's right on top of the Racelogic, and also, it doesn't show the reflection. Does anyone know any settings to resolve this?
Screenshot_rollovers_huracan_stevo_acme_potenza_7-3-122-20-51-1.jpg

DO NOT USE UPDATED MIAMI CIRCUIT FOR NOW - AI BAD
If using the RSS FH X 2022 - F1 2022 Full Season ‘Custom Championship' 1.1

Edit 08/03/2022 1520 hrs:

Team Driver Update _ Hass plus updated Championship Grid
V1.2
Hass #09 Mazepin replaced with Fittipaldi Hass #57 (TBC)
All skins updated to current versions by @shadow118
GDrive folders updated https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_miami hard rock_8-2-122-12-2-37.jpg

Hi all

Jack Shepard has released an update to the Miami circuit but without an AI adjustment which will result in a race grid colliding at turn 14-16

For now stick with the old version and when the refresh gets its updated AI I'll update you.

Message from the Circuit Author

Hello everyone and thanks for being part of this project.

I apologise for sending this twice. I sent it from my non-premium account earlier and instantly used up all my bandwidth. My mistake.

This is the March 2022 updated version of the Miami track based off new information that has been slowly releasing based off instagram pictures and drone footage from fans.

Changes:

-Pit lane entry reprofiled based off instagram official render
-Kerb height lowered to modern F1 spec, improves driveability
-Kerb colour now red and white to match official renders
-Barrier colour and design now matches official renders
-Added yacht marina environment as per official renders
-Added beach bar environment as per official renders
-Placement of grandstands and colours of seats now more closely matches renders where visible (not all grandstands have been included in released renders)
-Runoff areas and colours more closely match official renders
-Turns 14-16 reprofiled completely. This sector is being completely left out of all renders and photos (almost like they are hiding it on purpose to annoy me) so it's difficult to judge what it's going to be like, but some drone footage suggests lots of earth movers flattening out the area, so I have recreated this in the mod by flattening the entire section.

The only part of the lap itself that has been changed is turns 14-16, the rest of the lap is the same layout.

I'm sure the situation will change more with additional info and as such I will continue to update the mod as significant info is released.

Please note AI, Cameras, and track limits will no longer be accurate and may not work thanks to the reprofiling of t14-16. I have released the track for hotlapping purposes currently. I will be completing updated AI when I find the time, but it is a time consuming process as you can't simply change edited ares, you have to start again, and I wanted to get the updates in the hands of the customers ASAP, so please bear with me on that.

Old versions will remain available at request, if you are having issues with updated versions.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back