Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,188 comments

Theis is the new built-from-scratch Targa Florio track that is still a Work In Progress but is looking pretty sweet.
The track is one of those small patreon payment subs at the moment (see description in YT video description) but the guy says he'll released it as a free mod when it is completed. The AI line is not finalised so a few crashes but it gives an idea of what racing will be like.

Full lap (39 mins) driven using AC Legends GT Classics pack (also linked)

Last edited:
I have a bookmark saved to his website, but always forget to check out his tracks. For someone who has none of them, what would be your top two or three I should give a try first. I don't care if they are the paid or free ones he offers. I'll do either. Anything kind of long like Fat-Alfie's Fonteny or Feldberg would be preferred.
I like his Sudschleife. Would love to see that merged with the 67 Nordschleife...

Yeah, now that I think of it the comparison with Le Mans 70 is a bit harsh, as in the opposite way the comparison with Fat-alfie material.
Having in mind and respecting that SL has its loyal fans, I say again "nice" but not "great".
So that supposed liveliness resonates with others but not much with me...I'll just say that when I race or watch a replay on Sandevoerde or Hockenheim I look at the cars and I try to ignore the scenery.

Or I could say that I like'em in a vintage gaming way. I like them in the same way I sometimes like to grab my pad and play FlatOut.

I have a bookmark saved to his website, but always forget to check out his tracks. For someone who has none of them, what would be your top two or three I should give a try first. I don't care if they are the paid or free ones he offers. I'll do either. Anything kind of long like Fat-Alfie's Fonteny or Feldberg would be preferred.
I have critizised some tracks because of their poor AI implementation in the past - so it`s only fair to say Sergio Loro`s tracks could also do much better in terms of competetive AI.

Beside that i also like some of them. Its obviously not Fat-Alfie level, but he nails the vintage mood very well.

PS: Another thing never mentioned is, at least on my system, using his Hockenheim in Championship mode, the progress never saves. So the track is unfortunately useless for me.

<snip>
My renamed version with extras baked in plus remaining 2022 F1 tracks here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bshEhqxZN0HTbyyOD8V8CA8ABO2l3Y1b?usp=sharing
Hi Cozy, thanks for sharing this!

a small question, this features a text file w massive list of tracks w links, one of them being
"Spa World free roam track by acp https://www.mediafire.com/file/08mr8hvoxy1uloo/acp_world.rar/file"

but unfortunately the link is dead, and I can't find any other mention on the internet about an Assetto Spa World freeroam...
Anyone can post a link here pls?

Would anyone be upset if they had to download another Mugello update. Finally figured out a way to replace the Alpine Allstars adverts on this wall. Took awhile to figure this one out because it had a strange texture mapping. That's why the far right Rolex logo looks wider than the others. If I kept them the same width, you get bleed through of half a logo on one end.

View attachment 1130240
I wouldn't be a bit upset.

I wouldn't be a bit upset.
OK, do that real soon.

Also, I posted my final(?) Bremgarten mod over at RD for anyone interested

Bremgarten Mod

Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_mercedes_300sl_bremgarten_28-2-122-11-40-56.jpg

Last edited:
For those asking about Mugello's grass, I did a real quick ext_config for the track if you want to try it. I used graveltrap's fixes for the grass spawning and made a few other adjustments. Here's what will happen.

The grass will get a little greener in the summer and slightly darker. It will also be a little higher when trimmed but won't get as high when fully grown in. Also, the fall trees won't be as vibrant. There is also two included cm skins that aren't really required, but I had done them before and figured I would include them. One removes the purple groove line and skid marks and makes them black (they probably should be darker) and the other adds a tiny bit of negative exposure offset to the tree and grass textures. I might try and replace some of the billboards and flags unless someone knows of a track skin that has that done already. Would appreciate a link.

Mugello ext_config

Suggestions for improvements are always welcome.
Link updated with the new wall ads. I also lightened up the groove textures a tad. If you prefer the darker version from the last update, delete the two groove textures from the Grooves skin folder and remove the _darker part of the other two file names.

Last edited:
Seeing as we're tackling tyre textures... Does anyone else have this issue where the Formula RSS 1979 doesn't load Goodyear or Michelin tyres for the real 1979 skins?

I'm on CSP 0.1.78 preview and all other RSS Formula cars load custom tyre textures included with the skins excepting for the 79 and the 2017 hybrid. For what it's worth, loading up the 1979 in CM showroom does show the correct Michelin or Goodyear text on the tyres. It's only in-game that they don't show up.

Hi all, could someone help me ? I have a problem : when i load the x series cars from Assetto Corsa Racer i have this message : AC\kgltexture.cpp (40): KGLTexture::KGLTexture and the game crash ? Any idea for solve this ? PLEASE.

Hi all, could someone help me ? I have a problem : when i load the x series cars from Assetto Corsa Racer i have this message : AC\kgltexture.cpp (40): KGLTexture::KGLTexture and the game crash ? Any idea for solve this ? PLEASE.

It seems that skin #22 of the Acura's is broken.

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF98735D82A)
00007FF98735D82A (d3dx11_43): (filename not available): D3DX11SaveTextureToMemory

Last edited:
It seems that skin #22 of the Acura's is broken.

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF98735D82A)
00007FF98735D82A (d3dx11_43): (filename not available): D3DX11SaveTextureToMemory
Thank you very much. It's fine for me, i delete the skin #22 and no crash.
Thanks a lot man.

Thank you very much. It's fine for me, i delete the skin #22 and no crash.
Thanks a lot man.
Now you can answer your own question on their FB page and they will hopefully fix the skin.

Different topic: I changed the driver model of the Formula 1600 to the no HANS version after watching some videos on YT. I also copied the shifting animation and corresponding steer.ksanim from SD's f1_1976_march to the mod and re-positioned and slightly resized the driver. Only problem is that the shifting arm pokes through the side of the chassis, but given that a lot of (even paid) mods have the same problem I'm fine with that for the time being - unless somebody has better shifting & steering animations to share...? Attaching the file in case somebody wants to try it (hope I got the correct files included).

f1600_shifting.jpg

Btw. thanks @_Bazza_ for updating this thing, I'm really enjoying racing the AI on Jeddah at night - only missing the occasional complaints about somebody crossing the line at the pit entry...

Last edited:
Seeing as we're tackling tyre textures... Does anyone else have this issue where the Formula RSS 1979 doesn't load Goodyear or Michelin tyres for the real 1979 skins?

I'm on CSP 0.1.78 preview and all other RSS Formula cars load custom tyre textures included with the skins excepting for the 79 and the 2017 hybrid. For what it's worth, loading up the 1979 in CM showroom does show the correct Michelin or Goodyear text on the tyres. It's only in-game that they don't show up.

I believe there is an extension that is calling for specific tire texture whis is affecting what tires are being shown.

They're all consistently good, but each release is better than the last usually. You can get an idea of the quality with the excellent free Watkins Glen, but they're not FatAlfie tracks (heck, neither are the Kunos ones!)

Norisring is a personal favourite, although the AI struggle, as are the classic Rouen, Zandvoort and Sudschleife trio.

I'm really hoping he has Reims tucked away somewhere on his 'to do' list. The man is a true gentleman too by the way, very friendly.

Last edited:
Regarding RT Sebring Bumps (physical track mesh)

I just wanted to post this as I thought it might be a interesting discussion point.

I have been having a interesting discussion today about RT Sebring being 20% too bumpy..it's is claimed by a well known scratch track maker that the original source material (the s397 laser scan data untouched in the conversion) when compared to the lidar (presumably) data is approx 20% higher in elevation.

I'm super interested in all your opinions on this...why would s397 tamper with what must have been a fairly expensive and expansive in accuracy laser scan data set?.. would this not undermine the superior physics engine claims for rfactor2. Do they do this with other laser scanned tracks?

Also on a side note I remember driving the conversion of Nord's from AC to rfactor2 and not thinking it felt underwelmingly bumpy.

Lastly what are your gut feelings on how rtsebring currently feels...to me imo..and comparing footage from real life on board cams..I'd say it's about right

Also last side note.. surely a professional locally scanned data set would represent a better feeling of the surface intracasies than lidar data ever could, regardless of the claimed 20% increase

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this

Jim

Last edited:
I think @racinjoe013's grassFX tweaks might improve the look of these tracks even more, so I hope he gets into them!
While I appreciate the sentiment, I only tried Sandevoerde so far and I didn't see anything wrong with the grass effects. What is wrong with them so I know what i'm trying to fix for you? Maybe once I get to the other two tracks it will become obvious, but right now i'm having a blast on Sandevoerde.

They're all consistently good, but each release is better than the last usually. You can get an idea of the quality with the excellent free Watkins Glen, but they're not FatAlfie tracks (heck, neither are the Kunos ones!)

Norisring is a personal favourite, although the AI struggle, as are the classic Rouen, Zandvoort and Sudschleife trio.

I'm really hoping he has Reims tucked away somewhere on his 'to do' list. The man is a true gentleman too by the way, very friendly.

I went ahead and bought all 3 of the recommended tracks. I know two of them were free, but I paid $5 for each. I can't imagine the time he must have spent on them so it seemed rude to just download them for free.

Last edited:
I believe there is an extension that is calling for specific tire texture whis is affecting what tires are being shown.
I do believe that's how they work, but I think the files in the skin folders are usually prioritised over the "stock" code in the ext_config. I'm saying this since the ext_config references only one set of files, while some skins from the same set display Michelin tyres, while others come with Goodyears (so, two versions without different code in the ext_config).

I installed many sets of IRL skins for Formula RSS cars and they were always just folders containing skins. I don't remember any of them containing alternate ext_config files. I never had to mess with any files to make the Hybrids display Pirelli tyre text, for example. I'm hoping someone else has had this issue before and that maybe someone has a solution.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I only tried Sandevoerde so far and I didn't see anything wrong with the grass effects. What is wrong with them so I know what i'm trying to fix for you? Maybe once I get to the other two tracks it will become obvious, but right now i'm having a blast on Sandevoerde.
It’s nothing specific - I haven’t driven Sergio’s tracks for a while. I have appreciating your enhancements to a variety of circuits. I guess it was more your seasonal adjustments I was thinking of rather than grassFX

It’s nothing specific - I haven’t driven Sergio’s tracks for a while. I have appreciating your enhancements to a variety of circuits. I guess it was more your seasonal adjustments I was thinking of rather than grassFX
That I can do. I didn't try changing the seasons yet so I was unaware they didn't have them.

I just wanted to post this as I thought it might be a interesting discussion point.

I have been having a interesting discussion today about RT Sebring being 20% too bumpy..it's is claimed by a well known scratch track maker that the original source material (the s397 laser scan data untouched in the conversion) when compared to the lidar (presumably) data is approx 20% higher in elevation.

I'm super interested in all your opinions on this...why would s397 tamper with what must have been a fairly expensive and expansive in accuracy laser scan data set?.. would this not undermine the superior physics engine claims for rfactor2. Do they do this with other laser scanned tracks?

Also on a side note I remember driving the conversion of Nord's from AC to rfactor2 and not thinking it felt underwelming bumpy.

Lastly what are your gut feelings on how rtsebring currently feels...to me imo..and comparing footage from real life on board cams..I'd say it's about right

Also last side note.. surely a professional locally scanned data set would represent a better reeling of the surface intracasies than lidar data ever could, regardless of the claimed 20% increase

Jim
Why not making 2 road meshes/layout/whatever of the track, one more "accuratly bumpy" than the other maybe, but who cares, because everyone would be happy with his version anyway ? It is because of an online purpose ? (I dunno, really)

If I would give my opinion on the track, the bumps feels right because even if it is bumpy, they still feels like bumps! you know, not holes and gaps and alignment error on the road like for (a lot!) of "bumps" in tracks. If it "feels" bumpy, well, deal with it. I just want it to feel like good bumps, that's all.

Maybe someone can reach an actual racing driver opinion, who's used to race there ?

Also on a side note I remember driving the conversion of Nord's from AC to rfactor2 and not thinking it felt underwelming bumpy.

Also last side note.. surely a professional locally scanned data set would represent a better reeling of the surface intracasies than lidar data ever could, regardless of the claimed 20% increase

Jim
I think it's quite spot on.
Looking at how much cars jump and bounce in real life, I think the replays in AC convey pretty much the same immersion.
Personally I like it a lot.

EDIT:
I've got a Simucube 2 Sport DD, so the bumps feel really great. Though I imagine with a Logitech wheel it might feel overly aggressive.

Last edited:

Jim

Keep it as it is. The track is known for its bumps and - unpopular opinion here - the track would be pretty boring without the added challenge that they give.
Asking whether the bumps are accurate is a moot point in a sim where a lot of mods don't have accurate behaviour in the suspension.

I just checked my Formula 79 and I show "Goodyear" in the showroom and "Good Times" on track. So I see the same thing you do.

Jim
My uneducated, total lack of knowledge opinion. I wouldn't know if the bumps on RT_Sebring are accurate or not. I've never driven it. All I know is I like it. The track feels more alive and the bumps add an additional challenge when I drive it compared to most so I hope it doesn't change.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back