Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,022 comments
Maybe you should read and put STEER_ASSIST=1.0 instead of 0.5, as the guide says...😉
You dont need to react like that to some critics mate ;)
however thanks that solved the issues..

but why does it do that in the first place? i never needed to change steering assist on any car before..
do i lose FFB details on doing so?

Nissan Skyline R30 Super Silhouette (FM7) v2.1 by Lu Thua Kien

Wiper by me lol sorry
@JakubP Physics

How I could miss..... I beg you pardon @JakubP
This is latest version I had downloaded, Version 2.1 and the skins don't work on this on either.

You dont need to react like that to some critics mate ;)
however thanks that solved the issues..

but why does it do that in the first place? i never needed to change steering assist on any car before..
do i lose FFB details on doing so?
It's explained in the guide. It's the value that works best (feels more like a real car steering) for ME and on MY setup.

With other wheels or setup options the value probably would be another one, like on DD wheels.

On the TX, with Steer_assist=1, I feel all the suspension movements conected directly to my wheel. The wheel gets harder when cornering hard and, all in all, feels a bit "unreal", not like a real car. Yes, you feel many things on your hands, but those things in real life are felt through the seat and your body, not in the wheel.

Fine you solved your issues...👍

Last edited:
good morning. I have been following you for some time and I greatly appreciate this site which I read daily and I wanted to thank all the modders who feed my assetto corsa. I ride a lot solo and I would like to create some championships. What do you think are the best mods that would allow me to dive back into recent or older motor racing history?
Thank you for your help
Hard to tell what are the best historic mods. There are just too much available. But a real good start is the THR Site. Just google after tarnhorner and search for "links".
For me best place to find some realy great vintage stuff.

Hi all!

Is there a fast way to make a forest in Blender? I tried using the particle effects but whenever I export to KsEditor the materials get messed up, although they are alright in Blender with the materials and textures.

Cheers!

Hope Pyyer doesn't get upset, but here is my take on his two F1 mods and the stock track for Imola. Let's be clear, I take no credit for these. These are all Pyyer's work. I just made some changes to make a few things more to my liking.

-- Darkened up the tree textures. There is actually 3 variations on tree brightness. Default is set to medium. You can edit the ext_config and activate the lighter or darker version (ACTIVE = 1). Make sure to deactivate the mid option (ACTIVE = 0).
-- Edited the seasonal adjustments so that fall doesn't come as early and winter is not as long.
-- Edited the lights so that the track state lights show on the indicators (pit lights, lights above S/F line, etc.) Pyyer's had the glow of the lights but for some reason the actual light was not coming on. Could just be my system. Maybe I use a buggy CSP version.
-- Removed the 3D trees because I hate them. Can be turned back on by deactivating (ACTIVE = 0) the option in the ext_config.
-- Small grassfx change to make the grass grow over time. Stupid change I know, but I still included it.
-- Groove skin to get rid of purple tinted groove line and make it dark grey\black.
-- All of his original configs are included in a separate folder to easily revert back to defaults if you prefer. No need to download the mod again.

Imola Update

Last edited:
Hope Pyyer doesn't get upset, but here is my take on his two F1 mods and the stock track for Imola. Let's be clear, I take no credit for these. These are all Pyyer's work. I just made some changes to make a few things more to my liking.

-- Darkened up the tree textures. There is actually 3 variations on tree brightness. Default is set to medium. You can edit the ext_config and activate the lighter or darker version (ACTIVE = 1). Make sure to deactivate the mid option (ACTIVE = 0).
-- Edited the seasonal adjustments so that fall doesn't come as early and winter is not as long.
-- Edited the lights so that the track state lights show on the indicators (pit lights, lights above S/F line, etc.) Pyyer's had the glow of the lights but for some reason the actual light was not coming on. Could just be my system. Maybe I use a buggy CSP version.
-- Removed the 3D trees because I hate them. Can be turned back on by deactivating (ACTIVE = 0) the option in the ext_config.
-- Small grassfx change to make the grass grow over time. Stupid change I know, but I still included it.
-- Groove skin to get rid of purple tinted groove line and make it dark grey\black.
-- All of his original configs are included in a separate folder to easily revert back to defaults if you prefer. No need to download the mod again.

Imola Update
The darker trees are a huge improvement, thanks!

A lap around the new 2022 Spa-Francorchamps. The Porsche LMDh CSP skin for the URD GR010 I found this morning on RD, but apparently has been taken down. If I see it back up I will provide link in the video description of the video.

That's my add-on, is it taken down? 😂😂😂 I don't like this politically correct behaviour in simracing, specially from RD. I saw an entire URD car uploaded there (just the kn5 scaled) and I though it was legal 🙄

Anyway there you have

Install it as it was a simple livery for the URD GR010 car

Last edited:
I've just started test-driving some of Jandrovi's mods--generally other's mods, but he's improved the physics.

So far, I think they feel really good. The Senna definitely needed a physics rework, and now it performs about the way I'd expect. It can be pushed into oversteer as I'd expect, but it's easy to reel back in.

Be sure to read his notes about force feedback. I already have the strength reduced on my TS-PC Racer to a more realistic setting.

Download link in the description, and other mods can be downloaded from his channel.
Look for RELEASED titles, or look at the RELEASED playlist.

He's the man

That's my add-on, is it taken down? 😂😂😂 I don't like this politically correct behaviour in simracing, specially from RD. I saw an entire URD car uploaded there (just the kn5 scaled) and I though it was legal 🙄

Anyway there you have

Install it as it was a simple livery for the URD GR010 car
And it is a totally AWESOME skin at that and is very much appreciated! Thanks for the link as well! If it is okay I will be sure and leave it on the vid too so that others can experience and celebrate! Thanks You for your work!

Last edited:
Hi. I like to swap (by CM) sounds from car to car to choose my favourite one.
I like so much the sound of aclf2020 mod and I would like to try it on Rss Formula Hybrid but it doesn't work.
Some advice? Why some sounds don't work on some cars?
Thanks in advance, I trust in your experience!

EDIT: ok, solved. I edited manually sfx folder (and relative files) :cheers:

Last edited:
@TonySSS @Jodurson and pretty much everyone who was asking :

I did the skins on the TonySSS version (1.4 if I recon). Yes it is an old one but it's not like I care to be "on the top of the game". Following through all the "different" versions this car had is quite difficult, to be fair.

As you are not the only one having trouble making it to work, I too searched for the other versions (just not the payware one) to make it compatible with it. I downloaded the 2.1 version from Jari Leppanen, which seems to be the newest, and it updated the previous version I had.
Since, none of my skins work on it, and I can't find a way to extract the templates nor even an AO to make them work with it. Basically the "current" car is unskinable for me. Unfortunatly I don't have a backup of my previous version of the car, so... the End. In the bin they goes.

The pack is now useless, sorry. I'll try to be more careful next time.

@TonySSS @Jodurson and pretty much everyone who was asking :

I did the skins on the TonySSS version (1.4 if I recon). Yes it is an old one but it's not like I care to be "on the top of the game". Following through all the "different" versions this car had is quite difficult, to be fair.

As you are not the only one having trouble making it to work, I too searched for the other versions (just not the payware one) to make it compatible with it. I downloaded the 2.1 version from Jari Leppanen, which seems to be the newest, and it updated the previous version I had.
Since, none of my skins work on it, and I can't find a way to extract the templates nor even an AO to make them work with it. Basically the "current" car is unskinable for me. Unfortunatly I don't have a backup of my previous version of the car, so... the End. In the bin they goes.

The pack is now useless, sorry. I'll try to be more careful next time.
Thanks for trying. If it's any comfort, I think there was so much interest because of how cool the skins are, so 👏

Hmm, don't know if exists a G variant yet.
I have this skin for almost a year, but it was made as A variant.
View attachment 1140774
There are the new variant G and a variant F around.
The only problem is that the Official ETRC package is updated via SymSync Pro, I don't even know what it is and yeah, probably I don't wanna know. :rolleyes:

(see page 2 of this thing)

If any kind soul could bring this two babies out in the world that would be really gud.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back