Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,009 comments
Safi! Welcome back. Not seen you around for a loooooong time. :)
In the animations folder just rename or delete the shift.ksanim to remove it completely, or better still, swap in a shift.ksanim from a paddleshift car to get the correct animation for the shifting type.
If the driver is moving his hand off the wheel too early with a manual shift, increase the number under PRELOAD in data/driver3d.ini.
To adjust the driver model to align his hands with the wheel, in CM Showroom, after switching on the driver model and clicking on "moveable driver", press "T" to bring up a globe with small arrows for up/down and forward/back etc adjustment. You can scale him too by dragging a corner of the cube. Save the position regularly, best after every adjustment. There's probably a YouTube video for this that'll demonstrate it better than I can ever describe it.
Good luck!
Thank you. I had searched few posts of yours about VR as I know you are as big fan of it.
I won't clog up the thread with VR, other than to say it is fantastic in AC.
I noticed there is a separate thread for VR in AC so any more questions i'll pop over there.

Rally Kenya Circle

I like the rally and like round races.
So I selected a circle map of Kenya stage 1.
I corrected the texture of the bushes and trees.
I added hundreds of tree foliage.
I added the river and the lake to the top of the mountain.
I added camera positions, some AI hints, brake hints...
The package also includes Kenya stage 1 with the additions i made.

View attachment 1159542View attachment 1159543View attachment 1159544View attachment 1159545View attachment 1159547View attachment 1159548View attachment 1159549

Thank you. Fantastic work.
And it's free.

iirc this car needs extended physics disabled, can't find the post rn.

View attachment 1159537
Thank you very much mate, u killed the rabbit, issue solved.. but look, what a strange thing.... take a look at the rear tyres, this is the way the car start the race...
1654869994688.png

... but ok, let s change them at the pit... after the pit:
1654870849777.png
😟😅
Any idea what might be going on? Or should I take into account the insoluble problem between the driver's seat and the steering wheel? 🤣🤣

Rally Kenya Circle

I like the rally and like round races.
So I selected a circle map of Kenya stage 1.
I corrected the texture of the bushes and trees.
I added hundreds of tree foliage.
I added the river and the lake to the top of the mountain.
I added camera positions, some AI hints, brake hints...
The package also includes Kenya stage 1 with the additions i made.

View attachment 1159542View attachment 1159543View attachment 1159544View attachment 1159545View attachment 1159547View attachment 1159548View attachment 1159549

Excellent job. Taking advantage of the post, I ask a question.

Would it be possible to "transform" the track "original Targa Florio" to "earth circuit" in its entirety or part of it? I didn't research in a year there were still parts of the track on land, as well as the "Miglie Miglia", it would be a great addition to simulate races until the 30s of the last century.

Excellent job. Taking advantage of the post, I ask a question.

Would it be possible to "transform" the track "original Targa Florio" to "earth circuit" in its entirety or part of it? I didn't research in a year there were still parts of the track on land, as well as the "Miglie Miglia", it would be a great addition to simulate races until the 30s of the last century.
Abulzz is working a lot on a great Targa version... the Mille Miglia is moving in wonderful locations, but building it would take a lifetime. :cool:

You can simply put the shortcut for cm onto desktop and that's it. Never heard anyone do this also because there's really no point in doing it
Thx, I will try it that way! would it still count the hours in Steam though?

When I start CM seperatly , i get this popup:
1654872232100.png

Good fun, needs a few tweaks here and there.

It's really cool they converted them all into hover cars :lol:

Is there a way to fix these myself or would I just have to wait for it to be updated? Never seen this before

EDIT: Looks like it's only the AI cars that have this bug, my car has weight to it like normal

Attachments

• pureEYE-rt_lime_rock_park-mazda_miata_spec_m-2022-06-10-44-10.jpg
    pureEYE-rt_lime_rock_park-mazda_miata_spec_m-2022-06-10-44-10.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 20
  • pureEYE-rt_lime_rock_park-mazda_miata_spec_m-2022-06-10-47-23.jpg
    pureEYE-rt_lime_rock_park-mazda_miata_spec_m-2022-06-10-47-23.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Abulzz is working a lot on a great Targa version... the Mille Miglia is moving in wonderful locations, but building it would take a lifetime. :cool:
Yes, without a doubt recreating the "Mille Miglia" would be next to impossible.
I would already accept, like an earth version of the "Targa Florio", to simulate both her in those past times, as well as the "Mille Miglia".
In the video I made a few days ago to test my version of the Mercedes 300 SLR with the co-driver in the Mille Miglia ( Moss-Jenkinson, Herrman-Eger ), I used "a stretch" of the Targa Florio.

Maybe is because I used extended physics? I heard someone says that a random car had no brakes with it implemented. Otherwise I don't understand why it does this. I have to brake at like 500m if I'm at 200kmh for stopping completely
i also tried now with extended physics on , on Spa, and i could brake as well as without this option on
(comming to a full stop before first corner when braking at the 150 marker at well over 200kph)

maybe try reinstalling the mod (I found a dl here of the version i currently have installed).

lights-patch-v0.1.79-preview5

1.jpg

yesterday at 11:58 AM
VR update, and some other additions and improvements
Another update! Sorry it took so long, as usual I kept coming up with new ideas and finding new bugs here and there. Here are few highlights:
• Major VR update: Single Pass Stereo (drawing the whole scene in a single pass) should reduce CPU load, Variable Rate Shading (currently only available on NVIDIA GPUs) can improve visual quality and/or performance (depending on settings). Oculus got ASW 2.0 support, and controllers now can be used to interact with HUD, touchscreens and cockpit buttons (if car would have a script setting those) and adjust mirrors (also, track or online scripts can add additional interactive elements for new racing modes or something like that).
• A lot of new server options: jumping due to connection errors cars can turn ghostly and not cause crashes, servers can force extended car and track physics, require certain CSP modules to be active, disable live settings changes, automatically reset cars stuck in walls or falling through ground, set custom rain racing line parameters and more.
• WeatherFX implementation scripts now can create new original effects using their own shaders, like auroras, lightnings, dust storms, tornadoes, etc. Default WeatherFX script already got auroras, rain haze (the effect that was missing from RainFX) and fog hiding upper parts of sky scrapers in foggy conditions. Also, now it has proper rain audio, and wiper sounds are now working by default.
• Now CSP comes with few built-in Lua apps: previously mentioned mirrors configurator and controls tweaker for adjusting FFB and more live, and a new app Setup Exchange for sharing and loading setups while editing car setup (and, of course, there is new Lua API allowing to create other tools extending setup menu like that):
1.png

• New showroom mode for AC with CSP: available from updated CM, in that mode CSP disables audio, Python apps and such to try and load the game as fast as possible, automatically adding missing things to showrooms like spawn points and physics meshes:
1.jpg

• A bunch of new shaders: changing height water for water drains, rainbow stickers, ChromaFlair car paint, car paint and variation of “ksPerPixelMultiMap_AT_NMDetail” with stickers mapped using UV2 and more. Also, AC finally got proper PBR shaders for tracks, but they would still need more work until they’d be usable for creating whole tracks (currently only basic shaders are available). And water shader got updated, now with optional depth-aware transparency (for fitting tracks) and caustics with ExtraFX:
1.jpg

• And a bunch of smaller things, like stopping AC from showing other tracks with no setups in setup menu, new optimizations, various fixes (new wipers are finally fixed!), an ability to replace AC AI and control cars externally and a lot of additions to Lua API. Here is the full list of changes. Also, not mentioned there: DRM cars now will have their rain tyres replaced by new CSP rain tyres, and rain got a few more effects (that rain haze and rain drop splashes).
Thank you so much for all of the support, and, again, sorry it took so long. I’ll try to get the next update sooner, or at least get some stable and shareable preview builds. Next on my list (can’t say for sure if I’d be able to do it, but I’ll try): try to get TreesFX to work, add Leap integration and try to add local reflections for VR, finish PBR shaders for tracks and, of course, work on all the documentation.
(Public CM update will be ready a bit later, I just realized fix for fixed setups online is not entirely complete yet, so I’ll need to quickly patch it first. Here is a preview build for it so far if you’d want to try new showroom mode. Simply use original AC showroom with a new option toggled.) :cheers:
I can't see the new showroom mode for AC with CSP and new CM version, what is the name, did you try it ? is it just for csp 0.1.78 ? not for 0.1.79 ?

Last edited:
Thx, I will try it that way! would it still count the hours in Steam though?

When I start CM seperatly , i get this popup:
View attachment 1159623
Who cares about the hours?

Is there a way to fix these myself or would I just have to wait for it to be updated? Never seen this before

EDIT: Looks like it's only the AI cars that have this bug, my car has weight to it like normal
It's literally written in the first page

to have the instrument lights on by default (regardless of the state of headlights), is this easily done w change of an ini file ?
If so please some pointer , thx!

Follow the instructions regards the ai_default hack on the website.

Weirdly other miata mods do this too when you use AI.
I am amazed it took this long for a racing old school MX 5.
Skins are pretty cool and work on about every old miata mod i have.

Had a little fiddle with the Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) which has been passed around in various guises like a groupie at a Zeppelin gig. The car really needs mending with a new one (are you listening @petercrill?) so possibilities were quite limited, but it's definitely better in VR now. It's still not going to win any beauty contests. Hopefully it'll flush out a better one from somewhere, or inspire someone to convert one properly from GTS... ;)
Tweaks include: driver scale/position, new shifting animation/timing, cockpit shader tweaks, driver suits/gloves/helmets, paint finish config, cockpit switch/needle lights added, front/rear/brake lights adjusted, custom number plate, other stuff.
@El Locho I double-dare you to add wipers that sweep to the a-pillar, and if someone could please add LODs - Simplygon won't issue me a licence, the gits.
It'll install as a new car to preserve the original.

Screenshot_nissan_350z_gt4_le_z33_spa_10-6-122-16-39-9.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I was actually going to suggest that in my post originally, but didn't want to start a discussion about it. Setting the offset to 0 (by deleting the line "ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.250000" from the INI) moves the wiper to the right and the animation is buttery smooth.
...and ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.5 rests the wiper in front of the driver. It's a little bit in the way on this car but on others where the wiper sits flatter it might be better to have it in front of the driver for a fast, clean sweep away from the driver if used intermittently. Nice!

...and ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.5 rests the wiper in front of the driver. It's a little bit in the way on this car but on others where the wiper sits flatter it might be better to have it in front of the driver for a fast, clean sweep away from the driver if used intermittently. Nice!
If you set debug=1 and open the wiper animation tool from the tools dropdown in the objects inspector app, you can tweak the position using sliders. once finished click one of the copy settings buttons and paste the code into the ini file.
1654880916753.png

Last edited:
I was tampering with this 2021 Hellcat ("Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat RedEye Widebody" v1.0 from Bruce Kelt, folder name: bk_dodge_charger_srt_hellcat_redeye_widebody)
adding gear indicator, some custom skins w custom license plates and a better sound.

This now one of my favorite street cars. The only thing bugging me and I want to solve, is texture flickers on the analog instruments and gps, when lights are turned on (when off there is no flicker). Anyone know what could case this , or how this can be fixed?
Try this beast here if you don't have it yet. (I couldn't find an official place where u can download this one). If you do have it make a backup first just in case, as it replaces the original sfx.

1654878440267.png

Had a little fiddle with the Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) which has been passed around in various guises like a groupie at a Zeppelin gig. The car really needs mending with a new one (are you listening @petercrill?) so possibilities were quite limited, but it's definitely better in VR now. It's still not going to win any beauty contests. Hopefully it'll flush out a better one from somewhere, or inspire someone to convert one properly from GTS... ;)
Tweaks include: driver scale/position, new shifting animation/timing, cockpit shader tweaks, driver suits/gloves/helmets, paint finish config, cockpit switch/needle lights added, front/rear/brake lights adjusted, custom number plate, other stuff.
@El Locho I double-dare you to add wipers that sweep to the a-pillar, and if someone could please add LODs - Simplygon won't issue me a licence, the gits.
It'll install as a new car to preserve the original.

View attachment 1159634

I have the stock 350z (WKMOD updated by Blackwood91 & Matgamer)... but its tyres are very bad looking.

Do you have any stock 350z mod?

I see a lot of good updates recently but, are any news regarding LOD Generator fix? Sorry I been out for a while, and I already uninstall simplegon.
• List of online servers not refreshing properly and not showing new servers fixed;
• New CSP 0.1.78 showroom mode is supported (just use old AC showroom settings to switch to using CSP);
• Track map generator: show pitlane, show track marks;
• Start a quick race from online section or server configuration section;
• Audio device selector now allows to choose system default device;
• More of AC options are accessible now;
• Set a command to be executed when CM launches;
• Set filters to be applied to tracks and cars for randomized selection in Quick Drive in Drive Settings;
• Use optional Ctrl+Alt+~ shortcut to access CSP settings while driving, popup UI is also reworked now;
• Mumble and TeamSpeak URLs are highlighted now;
• Configure in detail results of which types of sessions should be skipped;
• New Live Services can be added, either manually or with specially prepared links;
• Hold toggles for some of CSP inputs (such as turning lights) now work properly;
• Old temporary CM files will be removed;
• Taskbar icon should not get stuck anymore;
• With CSP 0.1.78 or newer, it’s now possible to test car setups faster, as they would be applied automatically;
• LOD generator fixed, now supporting updated Simplygon and not breaking some of the meshes;

I can't see the new showroom mode for AC with CSP and new CM version, what is the name, did you try it ? is it just for csp 0.1.78 ? not for 0.1.79 ?
Hi Claudio - all works OK at this end... here's a pic showing where it needs to be activated, then just click showroom and presto.

1654882373065.png

With the tools provided - alike ingame, there is no longer need to go ingame to test SOL/CSP settings, like wipers, liveries...

1654882801449.png

hope that helps...

Last edited:
Only the one you mention... officially... but I can say that very good things are coming - by others - if you're prepared to wait.
If I can do what they do, as a thanks, I'll do whatever I can.

And also, there's a car that I'm looking for some time...

There are some but they all look ugly. Not the proper stock version I'm looking for. If you have, can you share?

Hi guys, is there anybody having an issue on some car/tracks that when it's on loading screen the game freezes and you have to restart the PC? It crashes on the loading screen and always "Miscellaneous: Loading replays"..

Pd. I'm VR user, happens since CSP 1.78 and happens now with 1.79, with 1.76 worked like a charm..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back