Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
Wait there is a new Content Manager, please where is the changelog?
lights-patch-v0.1.79-preview5

1.jpg

yesterday at 11:58 AM
VR update, and some other additions and improvements
Another update! Sorry it took so long, as usual I kept coming up with new ideas and finding new bugs here and there. Here are few highlights:
• Major VR update: Single Pass Stereo (drawing the whole scene in a single pass) should reduce CPU load, Variable Rate Shading (currently only available on NVIDIA GPUs) can improve visual quality and/or performance (depending on settings). Oculus got ASW 2.0 support, and controllers now can be used to interact with HUD, touchscreens and cockpit buttons (if car would have a script setting those) and adjust mirrors (also, track or online scripts can add additional interactive elements for new racing modes or something like that).
• A lot of new server options: jumping due to connection errors cars can turn ghostly and not cause crashes, servers can force extended car and track physics, require certain CSP modules to be active, disable live settings changes, automatically reset cars stuck in walls or falling through ground, set custom rain racing line parameters and more.
• WeatherFX implementation scripts now can create new original effects using their own shaders, like auroras, lightnings, dust storms, tornadoes, etc. Default WeatherFX script already got auroras, rain haze (the effect that was missing from RainFX) and fog hiding upper parts of sky scrapers in foggy conditions. Also, now it has proper rain audio, and wiper sounds are now working by default.
• Now CSP comes with few built-in Lua apps: previously mentioned mirrors configurator and controls tweaker for adjusting FFB and more live, and a new app Setup Exchange for sharing and loading setups while editing car setup (and, of course, there is new Lua API allowing to create other tools extending setup menu like that):
1.png

• New showroom mode for AC with CSP: available from updated CM, in that mode CSP disables audio, Python apps and such to try and load the game as fast as possible, automatically adding missing things to showrooms like spawn points and physics meshes:
1.jpg

• A bunch of new shaders: changing height water for water drains, rainbow stickers, ChromaFlair car paint, car paint and variation of “ksPerPixelMultiMap_AT_NMDetail” with stickers mapped using UV2 and more. Also, AC finally got proper PBR shaders for tracks, but they would still need more work until they’d be usable for creating whole tracks (currently only basic shaders are available). And water shader got updated, now with optional depth-aware transparency (for fitting tracks) and caustics with ExtraFX:
1.jpg

• And a bunch of smaller things, like stopping AC from showing other tracks with no setups in setup menu, new optimizations, various fixes (new wipers are finally fixed!), an ability to replace AC AI and control cars externally and a lot of additions to Lua API. Here is the full list of changes. Also, not mentioned there: DRM cars now will have their rain tyres replaced by new CSP rain tyres, and rain got a few more effects (that rain haze and rain drop splashes).
Thank you so much for all of the support, and, again, sorry it took so long. I’ll try to get the next update sooner, or at least get some stable and shareable preview builds. Next on my list (can’t say for sure if I’d be able to do it, but I’ll try): try to get TreesFX to work, add Leap integration and try to add local reflections for VR, finish PBR shaders for tracks and, of course, work on all the documentation.
(Public CM update will be ready a bit later, I just realized fix for fixed setups online is not entirely complete yet, so I’ll need to quickly patch it first. Here is a preview build for it so far if you’d want to try new showroom mode. Simply use original AC showroom with a new option toggled.) :cheers:

I see a lot of good updates recently but, are any news regarding LOD Generator fix? Sorry I been out for a while, and I already uninstall simplegon.

Last edited:
Tracks listing update

Red Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 19/05/2022 --> 09/06/2022
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 19/05/2022 --> 09/06/2022

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 10/06/2022 --> TBA
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 10/06/2022 --> TBA

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

Last edited:
Track test today.
Copersucar FD04-Ford 1977 (Buenos Aires with Ingo Hoffman, Interlagos with Emerson Fittipaldi).

Talbot-Lago T26 GS "fake" (1950 24 Hours of Le Mans winner, Rosier brothers).

Matra MS670 (long-tail) (second place at the 1972 24 Hours of Le Mans, Cevert and Ganley).

Ferrari 312PB (coda-lunga) (second place in the 1973 24 Hours of Le Mans, Carlos Pace and Merzario).

The usual problems with cars that I can't solve, textures, reflections, rearview mirrors. The Matra in the first test, the engine exploded (it was very powerful), I had to change the "power lut" file, as well as reduce the engine torque at higher rpm.

The biggest project of the year !

The Oreca 07 by me !

Thanks to Mael, Flashsacs, TheGhost, Kallig, Doc and MrDK for contribution and testing !

- Mod based on real data (engine, aero and brakes)

- Full AO (body, interior, rims)

- SoundMod

- Some AO skins (100) from some races and years ! (2017 to 2022 and TestCar to LM, IMSA, etc)

- Light improvement (side position light, interior light, day lights, etc)

- Textures reworked, PBR added

You can offer me a coffe if you want ! https://paypal.me/Yezhrod?country.x=FR&locale.x=fr_FR

View attachment 1146063

Have fun and have a nice day !
Mate, fantastic car, but....doesn't work through Content Manager? The car spins the rear wheels, burns tires, makes tons of smoke but... but it doesn't go forward lol... but by the original kunos launcher, it works normally... Any idea what might be happening? Am I doing something stupid? Probably... Lol.... And again.... fantastic!

Release Opel Commodore 1971 (v1.16) Smallblockhero update JohnSickles 2022
Assetto Corsa Feature:

– 3Dmodel base SimBin, first conversion in 2015 from AC by Smallblockhero
– Physics (data from Race Injection), Shaders, Texture NM, Map, Detail ecc.. by: JohnSickles
– New Collider

Custom Shader Patch Feature:

– EMISSIVES:
– High
– Turn Signal light
– Reverse light

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/2kpUWQIJ#spK7Kb95j-ICCrxLN7NeYu8O00z8YIfYe285mg89XDo
Really like your Mod and good work on the Update, but have seen there are no LODs. So i generated some for it. Maybe you can also implement them if you like.
Opel Commodore LODs

Does the body still become pink when damaged?
I'd say it's rather violet. :lol:
1654844502705.png

Did the sine-curve no-stutter vertical wiper trick ever get used, by the way? Here's a good car to implement it on.
I had no luck finding a combination of values to get rid of the stuttering, neither on this car, nor on any of the other ones with a single center wiper I had worked on.
There's noting in the patreon post hinting at any improvements of the wiper tool but as soon as I find the time to update CSP, CM and PURE I will give it another try.

1654849038857.png

Mate, fantastic car, but....doesn't work through Content Manager? The car spins the rear wheels, burns tires, makes tons of smoke but... but it doesn't go forward lol... but by the original kunos launcher, it works normally... Any idea what might be happening? Am I doing something stupid? Probably... Lol.... And again.... fantastic!
iirc this car needs extended physics disabled, can't find the post rn.

1654850555811.png

Last edited:
I had no luck finding a combination of values to get rid of the stuttering, neither on this car, nor on any of the other ones with a single center wiper I had worked on.
There's noting in the patreon post hinting at any improvements of the wiper tool but as soon as I find the time to update CSP, CM and PURE I will give it another try.

View attachment 1159532
I'm not sure it'll ever be fixed, TBH.
The best solution seems to be to set the resting/starting position of the wiper to be horizontal in front of the driver. OK, it's not going to be OEM on some cars, and purists will no doubt start hyperventilating and pissing their knickers in fury, but IMO it's a far better option that the immersion-breaking stutter at the top of each sweep.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it'll ever be fixed, TBH.
The best solution seems to be to set the resting/starting position of the wiper to be horizontal in front of the driver. OK, it's not going to be OEM on some cars, and purists will no doubt start hyperventilating and pissing their knickers in fury, but IMO it's a far better option that the immersion-breaking stutter at the top of each sweep.
Haha, I was actually going to suggest that in my post originally, but didn't want to start a discussion about it. Setting the offset to 0 (by deleting the line "ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.250000" from the INI) moves the wiper to the right and the animation is buttery smooth.

Rally Kenya Circle

I like the rally and like round races.
So I selected a circle map of Kenya stage 1.
I corrected the texture of the bushes and trees.
I added hundreds of tree foliage.
I added the river and the lake to the top of the mountain.
I added camera positions, some AI hints, brake hints...
The package also includes Kenya stage 1 with the additions i made.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

Rally Kenya Circle

I like the rally and like round races.
So I selected a circle map of Kenya stage 1.
I corrected the texture of the bushes and trees.
I added hundreds of tree foliage.
I added the river and the lake to the top of the mountain.
I added camera positions, some AI hints, brake hints...
The package also includes Kenya stage 1 with the additions i made.

View attachment 1159542View attachment 1159543View attachment 1159544View attachment 1159545View attachment 1159547View attachment 1159548View attachment 1159549

great work!

Is there anyway to stop the driver taking his hand off the wheel to change gear.
Driving in VR but using wheel with gear clickers its annoying seeing the hand change gear.

Is it as simple as taking the driver animation from a car with clicker steering wheel gears?

Also in VR what happens if the drivers hands miss the wheel? How to line them up?

Haha, I was actually going to suggest that in my post originally, but didn't want to start a discussion about it. Setting the offset to 0 (by deleting the line "ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.250000" from the INI) moves the wiper to the right and the animation is buttery smooth.
Oooh, nice tip! I'm guessing this will work on other vertical CM wipers too. Thanks!

Is there anyway to stop the driver taking his hand off the wheel to change gear.
Driving in VR but using wheel with gear clickers its annoying seeing the hand change gear.

Is it as simple as taking the driver animation from a car with clicker steering wheel gears?

Also in VR what happens if the drivers hands miss the wheel? How to line them up?
Safi! Welcome back. Not seen you around for a loooooong time. :)
In the animations folder just rename or delete the shift.ksanim to remove it completely, or better still, swap in a shift.ksanim from a paddleshift car to get the correct animation for the shifting type.
If the driver is moving his hand off the wheel too early with a manual shift, increase the number under PRELOAD in data/driver3d.ini.
To adjust the driver model to align his hands with the wheel, in CM Showroom, after switching on the driver model and clicking on "moveable driver", press "T" to bring up a globe with small arrows for up/down and forward/back etc adjustment. You can scale him too by dragging a corner of the cube. Save the position regularly, best after every adjustment. There's probably a YouTube video for this that'll demonstrate it better than I can ever describe it.
Good luck!

Last edited:
just in case you are serious , I have the ltk_nissan_r89c_lm (Lu Thua Kien v1.55) and gave it 5 stars, so I'm sure that version has brakes ...
If you want i can pm you that version.

Maybe is because I used extended physics? I heard someone says that a random car had no brakes with it implemented. Otherwise I don't understand why it does this. I have to brake at like 500m if I'm at 200kmh for stopping completely

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back